Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,907 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! (62431 Views)

South African Newspaper Features Olajumoke's "Dirt Poor Bread Seller" Story / Funke Akindele Turns Olajumoke, The Bread-Seller In New Video Shoot / 5 Proves That Olajumoke The Bread Seller Story Is A Public Stunt (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Fingesi(m): 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
Biko, if its fake, go and fake yours na, Afterall, it all ended positively "rising star tinz". If all the whole mega stars keep faking stories like this to in raise a star, then we will have fewer nigerians talents wasting.

I beg My Heavemly Father, in the Name of Jesus Christ, do something mega than Olajumoke for me. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by adebanjotunde83(m): 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
You are entitled to your opinion! But as for me I believe in the miraculous. How did Prof. Osinbajo became the vice president of Nigeria if not miracle even Una Jonathan was not the best when he became vp then president. This is why the supernatural is bigger than the natural which can be explained. In summary God rules in the affairs of men and He says He's gonna have mercy on whoever He wish to have mercy on. You better believe in God because ur power is limited in this life.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by bankybobo11: 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
AyamConfidence:
baba wetin be your own na... Oya go meet MrCork...he go give you babe to dey catch up with *faces my front

Okay sir
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Eke40seven(m): 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
Kobicove:

Any discerning observer should be able to tell that it was a cooked up story right from the very start.

Questions to be asked concerning the initial photobombed pic:-

- How come is it that a bread seller who ostensibly would be out walking all day looks so well dressed and 'polished'?

- By the way who Hawks bread at night? (As can be seen in the pic it was already dark)

- Why are her wares still 'untouched' if she presumably had been selling her bread since daytime?

I am amazed at how gullible Nigerians are. No wonder miracle and prosperity worship business centres keep springing up in every corner...
These public media personalities take us for fools and keep insulting our collective intelligence.
Well, you can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all the people all the time!

This image of bread sellers looking dirty and all that could have held true may be 3 decades ago. Although I don't know what part of the country you are from but where I lived in Lagos I see a lot of these young girls hawking bread and I can tell you that they take their make ups and self image seriously. I joked with my sisters one time that it will really be hard to pick new fashions because the bread sellers would have gotten hold of it before they did. And who says a bread seller cannot look good?

Hawking bread at night? Common in night markets..

About her bread being untouched.. Again, if it shows that you did not patronize agege bread, you would have noticed their routine of arranging the bread after every sale to make their wares look more prominent annd stocked. Its just a simple marketing trick we obviously know they use and her wares surely follows.that pattern of arrangement.
I'm not saying the story is true but I am assuming the.position of an advocate and based on all the facts you stated, there are many loopholes too.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by menacetosociety: 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2016
Nykirjuliette:
Olajumoke the ex-bread seller is not a fake,she's from my hometown "iree" and her husband family name "orisaguna" is very popular in the village..I know her very well,her mother is selling vegetable at the village market,her daughter grace is even at iree yesterday when I went there.so,she's nt fake but a real story...
Iree!!!!!!!!!!!U serious?
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by weebee(f): 8:17pm On Feb 20, 2016
ladyF:
I really do not doubt this bread-seller story one bit. Whether you believe or not, it won't change the fact that the lady has found favour. It's rare but it happens, just like miracles do happen.

Next time you get on your knees, say this prayer after me; in fact, say this prayer right now... "God give me a miracle that will sound like a lie" If it is too good to be true, then it is God!!! Better give your life to Christ, let him change your life for the better.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

Preach it sis!

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by labiowoday204(m): 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
You too should go and look for some body to help. Enemy of progress!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by MrPresident1: 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
E be like say the story na format.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Reptyle(m): 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2016
This is a pointless post.

Pooh pooing someone else's luck or success just to make yourself feel good about your own ill - luck or failure does not add any value to you, just like blowing out someone's candle does not make yours any brighter.

I have my own reservations about the young lady's over exposure in the media but then I guess that is the world we live in. It does not in anyway diminish the fact that she received favor from God in the place where she was struggling for her livelihood.

What is instructive is that she was "discovered" in the line of working and struggling for her and her family's livelihood. That for me should be the key learning point for anyone who wants to use her as a "prayer point".

Leaving her family in Iree to come hustle in Lagos was a sacrifice. God rewards hard work and sacrifice. He is not an unfair God. Don't seat on your bum praying and fasting and expecting a miracle like Olajumoke's.

For all those hating on her, believe it or not, the young lady's life will never remain the same.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by profmallory(m): 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
Bla bla bla... Let me tell you the winners in all of Jumoke story. TY Bello, Olajumoke, Stanbic and co. Now the losers. The OP and all haters. As for the rest of us, we really are indifferent to her story, for all we care, we really like to use her as a prayer point and raw of hope that the creator would favour us. But for people like you who go to beg worried about someone else's seemingly success story, ah I feel for you.

I was once told there is no such thing like bad publicity, apparently, that seems true.

Just pause to Imagine the sort of cheques Jumoke is signing right now this minute, she probably has a PA picking all her calls now, while you sit there and write brilliant things about her. And no one even knows your face with all your intelligence, so sad of you. lol

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Forwetinnah: 8:35pm On Feb 20, 2016
....same way the APC packaged and sold the fraud called Booooohari. Most Nigerians can believe just anything

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
Yeah, that was a cock and bull publicity stunt..the sad part was that they didn't have the decency to come out and let gullible Nigerians know it was all a gimmick... undecided
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by timtoday: 8:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
Time reveals all things! "Sooner" or later, we shall know!

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Farkars: 8:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
All we always pray for is that may God give us a miracle that may sound like a lie to despicable and irrational people like you. Don't wage fury over another persons success just because of your present situation. Pray God elevate you from this your idiocracy state. Peace
tolulakin:
As mouth-watering as the TY Bello/Jumoke Bread Seller, Photobombing story sounds, there are lots of common sense facts that point to the fact that TY Bello is just pulling a fast one on us.

I have always had one understanding of our world and especially our nation. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. I will bring up three or four facts that make me really convinced that this bread seller story is not only a publicity stunt, but it is as well a major fool-the-public drama that TY Bello just used to get into all our heads!

1. Will a bread seller look so good? in the selfie she took with TY Bello, olajumoke was looking so cute that one would begin to wonder if she had been doing facial treatments all her life. But then, what do I know?

2. All of a sudden, she became a MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER! How foolish can we be? Just all of a sudden, a programme was to be held in Abuja and olajumoke was invited as the MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER....yes, SPEAKER! The topic was 'If we were the government'... So I asked myself, was she so educated before or did she become a motivational speaker just by virtue of being lucky or someone is just playing a simply stupid fast one on us?

3. Anybody who saw the picture where she allegedly photobombed the Tinie Tempah shoot will probably believe with me that she was a little bit overdressed to be a bread seller. She looked so good I began wondering, did she really photobomb this shoot or was she made up before the shoot?

4. So I heard Sujimoto gave her a house, STANBIC gave her an endorsement deal etc.... For what did a young lady who just got lucky deserve all these publicity and attention? For being lucky? Or for being a recipient of a TY Bello miracle? I guess we should expect an endorsement deal for the young man E-Money just gave a car and cash to if that is the way to deal!

You can call me as many names as you want for my non-conformist ideas....truth is, it will not change my belief that all these PR moves by TY Bello involving Olajumoke are ways of fooling our collective reasoning. I am certain even Basketmouth shares my views....maybe that explains his recent jokes about Olajumoke....he just wanted to tell us we are all being fooled in his usually funny way!

Y'all can keep getting fooled, Olajumoke will not become a prayer point for me for even a minute!

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by akagson: 8:59pm On Feb 20, 2016
praizeblog:
I wont argue wit u....... OK all I av to say is..... I HEAR U
Haha you are mentally lazy.
See finishing.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Seakay(m): 9:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
IYANGBALI:
i thoughted as much. I know say all na fake

TY Bello na amadioha go bend your yansh o
Did u say THOUGHTED? Lwkmd
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Sunglow: 9:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
9jaBloke:
@tolulakin
1. Would a bread seller look so good in a selfie?
Yes a common bread seller can equally be good looking. Beauty is not exclusively for the high and mighty. Again u shud have uploaded the selfie in question for us to see if the pic was enhanced. Ty is a pro.

2. All of a Sudden she becomes a Motivational speaker? No one ever said she has become a career speaker overnight. She was invited to share her story @Play-Forum Abuja, becos her sudden fame is motivational. Even the media reported that her English needs brushing up.

3. She was overdressed to be photobombing??
Irrespective of class or status, some people clean up and dress good. It's better to be prepared so you won't be found wanting when opportunity locates you.

4.Sujimoto and Stanbic deals? U forgot Payporte, CNN and other international media mentions. For the records, it's not out of the ordinary. The media created a buzz and she became a sudden sensation + her story/transformation is amazing, so it figures. Those corporations had to share in the euphoria and use her new found fame to project their brand and social image.

I don't think it was staged. TY is already celebrated in her field. She didn't need such a stunt.
I think Olajumoke is destined to shine. Every topic about her generates replies and controversy. Even you just used her to take a shot at front page. Congrats.
Exactly the Op plan. Probably have been dreaming on how to make front page.And were did he get his inspiration from, if not the same olajumoke story that has "inspired"us all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by motive(m): 9:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
I don't beliv the op, cuz I knew d gurl very well she alwz cum to ojuelegba to sell her bread. For 3wks now dat she has been favoured, I av not seen her again.. The story is real pls

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by sorepco(m): 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2016
Leave wetin dem write for bidy of motor enter the car....na where u de go important pass how u get there!!! I guess in other words the end justifies the means.....

tolulakin post=430 de95512:

M write for mito
Meaning? Are you browsing Nairaland from Saturn?
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by bedspread: 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
Simple!!Same here ooo
Elosky20:
i dont care if the story is made up, or if what happened is a movie, all i knw is:
may the Lord, pick my call just like OLAJUMOKE'S own
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Elien: 9:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
Girls start selling bread now oo who knows dangote son might call you
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Omoluabi16(m): 9:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
menix:

The photoshop was done with ur Laptop
stop embarrassing urself.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by arusoncd(m): 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
conspiracy theory
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by dungburu: 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2016
There are many ladies that are likely to fall prey by the gimmicks of the Olakumoke's story in the name of becoming a model in the hand of TY Bello.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Sunglow: 9:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
dungburu:
There are many ladies that are likely to fall prey by the gimmicks of the Olakumoke's story in the name of become model in the hand of TY Bello.
Its obvious you don't know who Ty Bello is.Did u know Ty did a photoshoot with Beyonce?

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 20, 2016
Sunglow:
Exactly the Op plan. Probably have been dreaming on how to make front page.And were did he get his inspiration from, if not the same olajumoke story that has "inspired"us all

Do you think every Nigerian has the same attention-seeking, publicity-hungry, frontpage-obsessed low life blood inside them like you?

I had a divergent opinion, I voiced it....if you must attack my person because of this, I think you are the one seeking attention. If you understand English, you will notice I did not attack the person of TY Bello or Olajumoke...whoever the stunt works for, good for them!

But for low lives like you who think everybody hustles for FTC and FP like you, maybe you need to take a lesson in comprehension and stylistics!

Ode arindin..
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by kjhova(m): 9:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
@toluakin, obviously you don't know Toyin Shokefun Bello like some of us used to. obviously, you have not availed yourself of the details of this story either.

Take my advice & use google search engine as well as youtube to update yourself on this epic story.

Olajumoke sells Agege bread with mayo & butter. People know her well around Ojuelegba. FACT

TY Bello and Tinnie posted pix of her photobomb on IG & TY later put out an APB on her with which they located her. FACT

Olajumoke's interviews are all over the internet showing an obviously illiterate but self confident & hardworking Lady. FACT

TY successfully used her media connect & the power of new media to create a sensation about her which we are sucked into for good or for bad. FACT

Her husband & kids have now relocated to Lagos to be with her & the guy's interviews are also available online. FACT

Olajumoke has now made it...& yes, whoever isn't satisfied with that can now grab a blade & slit their own wrist! FACT

Is it me or do i notice that this anti-Olajumoke stance is mostly promoted by a certain wailing society CONJECTURE

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Sunglow: 9:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
dungburu:
There are many ladies that are likely to fall prey by the gimmicks of the Olakumoke's story in the name of become model in the hand of TY Bello.
Its obvious you don't know who Ty Bello is.Did u know Ty did a photoshoot with Beyonce?and some more photoshoot with renowned celebrity. In the world of photography Ty bello rings a bell!So if any lady lands a modeling contract via Ty,its good n genuine.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Sunglow: 9:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
kjhova:
@toluakin, obviously you don't know Toyin Shokefun Bello like some of us used to. obviously, you have not availed yourself of the details of this story either.

Take my advice & use google search engine as well as youtube to update yourself on this epic story.

Olajumoke sells Agege bread with mayo & butter. People know her well around Ojuelegba. FACT

TY Bello and Tinnie posted pix of her photobomb on IG & TY later put out an APB on her with which they located her. FACT

Olajumoke's interviews are all over the internet showing an obviously illiterate but self confident & hardworking Lady. FACT

TY successfully used her media connect & the power of new media to create a sensation about her which we are sucked into for good or for bad. FACT

Her husband & kids have now relocated to Lagos to be with her & the guy's interviews are also available online. FACT

Olajumoke has now made it...& yes, whoever isn't satisfied with that can now grab a blade & slit their own wrist! FACT

Is it me or do i notice that this anti-Olajumoke stance is mostly promoted by a certain wailing society CONJECTURE
Lol @ grab a blade n slit their wrist!I wonder y people are getting so pained by this.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
Ghande:
TOLUNAHIDIOT# or whatever name you call yourself? it very obvious you are more than foolish and lugubriously a killer joy. thou I won't blame your stupidity over this Jumoke saga but Present economic in Nigeria really wanna make you go frustrated over good things happening to Olajumoke. weather you've lost your opportunity or it yet to come, but pray for your own that God should answer your prayer than you been hating! Get a life bro.

I have a life, do you? I seriously doubt that...your English tells a lot of stories....except you are another bread seller looking for a TY Bello...

Get sense first, then you can try to get a life!
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by ahamonyeka(m): 9:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
He is only giving other bread seller hope and to always make them package themselves.

Nonsense story that I never believe for one day.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 20, 2016
kjhova:

Abraham Lincoln begged his son's teacher to teach him not to jump on the bandwagon even when everybody seems to be doing it. FACT

The day our literature and common sense as a people became subjected to leadership by foolish people was the day we all stopped being critical of happenings in the society...the day we began believing everything, hook, line and sinker. FACT

The day you stop thinking, is the day you stop examining every body of information for possible distortions and misappropriations. FACT

This writeup while it does not seek to attack anybody's personality, does not foreclose the possibility of certain elements of truth existing in the matter. This is just a new dimension to the issue that most people failed to consider. And if you follow earlier comments, you will notice that many people had divergent views but could not voice them. I sort of gave them the reason to voice their non-conformist opinions. FACT

That you will think I from a section of a wailing society gives me the opinion that your intelligence has not crossed the wailer-zombie dichotomy borderline and you still somehow have your unthinking head stuck in the barb wire of political petty talking. CONJECTURE

Do we have to continue your style of writing to banter or you want to STFU and park well?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Simi's Mother, Jedidiah Ogunleye's Wedding Photos / Bleaching Expert, Fifi Turns Black After Child Birth / Jamie Foxx Drives Tank SUV To A Club (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.