Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! (62386 Views)

South African Newspaper Features Olajumoke's "Dirt Poor Bread Seller" Story / Funke Akindele Turns Olajumoke, The Bread-Seller In New Video Shoot / 5 Proves That Olajumoke The Bread Seller Story Is A Public Stunt (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by charlsoo1(m): 6:36pm On Feb 20, 2016
Dark continent.

Negative thinking.

Always antagonising.

Backwardness.

Even if Jesus come down and change her life, people will still call it FAKE MIRACLE.

What a pity!

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 20, 2016
tolulakin:
As mouth-watering as the TY Bello/Jumoke Bread Seller, Photobombing story sounds, there are lots of common sense facts that point to the fact that TY Bello is just pulling a fast one on us.

I have always had one understanding of our world and especially our nation. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. I will bring up three or four facts that make me really convinced that this bread seller story is not only a publicity stunt, but it is as well a major fool-the-public drama that TY Bello just used to get into all our heads!

1. Will a bread seller look so good? in the selfie she took with TY Bello, olajumoke was looking so cute that one would begin to wonder if she had been doing facial treatments all her life. But then, what do I know?

2. All of a sudden, she became a MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER! How foolish can we be? Just all of a sudden, a programme was to be held in Abuja and olajumoke was invited as the MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER....yes, SPEAKER! The topic was 'If we were the government'... So I asked myself, was she so educated before or did she become a motivational speaker just by virtue of being lucky or someone is just playing a simply stupid fast one on us?

3. Anybody who saw the picture where she allegedly photobombed the Tinie Tempah shoot will probably believe with me that she was a little bit overdressed to be a bread seller. She looked so good I began wondering, did she really photobomb this shoot or was she made up before the shoot?

4. So I heard Sujimoto gave her a house, STANBIC gave her an endorsement deal etc.... For what did a young lady who just got lucky deserve all these publicity and attention? For being lucky? Or for being a recipient of a TY Bello miracle? I guess we should expect an endorsement deal for the young man E-Money just gave a car and cash to if that is the way to deal!

You can call me as many names as you want for my non-conformist ideas....truth is, it will not change my belief that all these PR moves by TY Bello involving Olajumoke are ways of fooling our collective reasoning. I am certain even Basketmouth shares my views....maybe that explains his recent jokes about Olajumoke....he just wanted to tell us we are all being fooled in his usually funny way!

Y'all can keep getting fooled, Olajumoke will not become a prayer point for me for even a minute!

and how does its fakeness affect you. Does it add to you or subtract from you.This is the problem with many Nigerians. If one can be so creative with this "fakeness", why can't you be creative with your own originality? I am yet to see you on NTA btw talkmore CNN

4 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by TheSpellChecker: 6:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
sage2:
Olajumoke was just lucky. There is nothing inspirational about her story. She would have serve better as a motivational speaker if by her own diligence and hardwork, she saved enough to move from hawking bread to owning her own bekery where she employ other Nigerians. Very soon baba ijebu winners will start forming motivational speakers.

Oh my God! grin
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2016
charlsoo1:
Dark continent.

Negative thinking.

Always antagonising.

Backwardness.

Even if Jesus come down and change her life, people will still call it FAKE MIRACLE.

What a pity!
I wonder ooo... that's why we are where we are. Does it add to the dude or remove from him.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Silsilah: 6:41pm On Feb 20, 2016
eleko1:
embarassed I weak ooo.
That line was epic! grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by AyamConfidence(m): 6:41pm On Feb 20, 2016
bankybobo11:

Shey na catch up dem create this thread for? Dickson
baba wetin be your own na... Oya go meet MrCork...he go give you babe to dey catch up with *faces my front

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Raziii(m): 6:41pm On Feb 20, 2016
Some Nigerians and their mentality... Just feel like slapping this OP's face right now. Go and get a life bro.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 20, 2016
porka:

You are naive.

Peter Beard once claimed he 'discovered' Iman in the Somalian desert while she was herding goats.

They used the story for many years to launch her modeling career.

Several years later, the story had worn, she could no longer live with the local goat herder image. She told the world who she is.

It turned out Iman's father was a diplomat and the mother a gynecologist. She had some of the best education courtesy of her parents status.

The fact is, most people don't care about the background story.

It won't end. People are very lazy.

Plus the science of public hypnosis is extremely efficient. If you can use it, you will be a very successful salesperson.

When the whole story of Olajumoke is told, many people like you would have been thoroughly distracted with some other MIRACLE/LUCK sensation.

Remember, Buhari had only N1m in his account.

Whoever came up with Olajumoke's story must be pretty smartshocked

Cab you imagine turning a young woman with two kids and a husband, who lives in Osun state, into a media sensationshocked

Pretty smart I tell ya;-\

Mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by xclusiveguy4(m): 6:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
tolulakin:

?

noted dude we've seen you

just wanna be popular with her success. if the story is real or not non of our business. we ought To wish her the best in her career

by the way dollar is accelerating @ 120km/hr to #500 create good trend that we can make comments on not beef trend like this undecided
tolulakin:

?

noted dude we've seen you

u just wanna be popular with her success. if the story is real or not non of our business. we ought To wish her the best in her career

by the way dollar is accelerating @ 120km/hr to #500 create good trend that we can make comments on not beef trend like this
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by blackboy(m): 6:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
Has any of our jornalist gone to do background check on jumoke or gone to interview ppl who knew her or her family or sibblings or old house etc . Even the bakery where ahe buys bread from.

The OP can write such because he isjustified and not convinced otherwise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nykirjuliette(m): 6:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
Olajumoke the ex-bread seller is not a fake,she's from my hometown "iree" and her husband family name "orisaguna" is very popular in the village..I know her very well,her mother is selling vegetable at the village market,her daughter grace is even at iree yesterday when I went there.so,she's nt fake but a real story...
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by bankybobo11: 6:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
tolulakin:

Great people, they say, discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. You're having sleepless nights over Olajumoke and you have carried her matter upon your head like a burden. Whether or not the story is fabricated, she has abandoned her clothes of poverty and has donned the apparel of wealth and human prosperity. Please let us hear word. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by porka: 6:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
eleko1:
GOd bless U Tolulakin.Niagrans are gullible pipu.See how pipu dey fall for the cheap scam like AKara Osu/dodo Ikire,even bank too that should knw better quickly endorsed the stupidity,Chai! Wondered why she nor sell one piece of her bread. TY bello,I twale for ur scam

Any discerning mind should have known immediately that it's strictly business. They just had to find one outrageous story to capture the minds of the masses. Luck, miracle, happenstances and all manner of stories sell very well.

Those who packaged the deal, the bank and others are making good returns.

What is most important at this stage is how much her personal interest is served.

What percentage goes to her? What's the title she has on the apartment? Does she have a good legal representation? What about her accountant?

When they have finished with her and moved on to some other sensation, what's the guarantee she won't go back to 'hawking' bread.

Does she have enough skill to make a living after the brief show? Or when the agreement has been breached, who goes out for her? Does she even know?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by lagdmark(m): 6:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
TY Bello was trained in Lai Mohammed college, but he can't hide for long.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by fabolouz1(m): 6:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
OP stop been mischievous. Staged managed for what reason(s)? That someone hawks bread is not enough reason to look dirty. I have seen girls hawk beancake & pap look well dressed that they can be mistaken for college undergrad... oh yes anyone can be a motivational speaker, it requires no prior training. In her case I blv she was so chosen due to her sudden rise to serve as an inspiration to her audience never to look down on wat they do. The story that NTA accompanied her to her former workplace where she sold bread was stage managed too?

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by fromnigeria(m): 6:51pm On Feb 20, 2016
ColtPython:

I'm sorry if you can't understand how I do it
grin
you don't need to be, cos it so incredible.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by patani(m): 6:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
Stanbic IBTC did not endorse her. Get your fact right before posting junkies...they only gave her children scholarship.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by VickyRotex(f): 6:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
IYANGBALI:
wetin dey even pain me be say the babe no fine only say she fine small pass vickyrotex

Am I complaining? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by beejaymoore(m): 6:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
praizeblog:
na u sabi.... u better go pray for mercy like olajumoke n stop hating
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nykirjuliette(m): 6:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
[quote author=blackboy post=43101559]Has any of our jornalist gone to do background check on jumoke or gone to interview ppl who knew her or her family or sibblings or old house etc . Even the bakery where ahe buys bread from.

jumoke story is real,I know her from Iree and she had once do my hair for me,her in-law shop is beside my friend shop in iree,according to her in-law the woman said tribune came to there house lastweek for interview..believe it or not,she's real.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by dreylistick(m): 6:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
bigfather:

GOD go butter ya bread plentiful !
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by mike76chi: 6:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
The story of Olajumoke is not what should get people talking negative. I think it would have been any other person but for destiny's sakes it's Olajumoke. I don't know what modeling is all about, but the fact is God has decided to bring Jumoke out of the mire. It doesn't make sense to say that we Nigerians are lazy because we are appreciating God's favour upon our fellow citizen. Nigerians are hard working people. God will break protocols to bless you when He wants to. Let us please stop those unnecessary criticism. If you think stage managing one to fame is easy please try one. God bless Nigeria, God bless TY Bello for putting smile on the face of Olajumoke's family.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by xclusiveguy4(m): 6:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
majekdom2:
and how does its fakeness affect you. Does it add to you or subtract from you.This is the problem with many Nigerians. If one can be so creative with this "fakeness", why can't you be creative with your own originality? I am yet to see you on NTA btw talkmore CNN

you've said it all dude. OK let's believe it's fake how does it affect you. I wonder why such thing like this will make front page self
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Dbisector(m): 6:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
Vital point here, this dude just say it all but most people are carried away by this and take it so serious.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 20, 2016
ajebuter:
Honestly this article echoes my thoughts but i refrained from commenting since Nigerians love grass-to-grace story and shatter the hopes of miracle-believing ones.

But to be candid, i greatly admire the ingenuity of whoever cooked up this olajumoke saga, he is quite creative and original.
good one... there is creativity in the fakeness. That's what the OP is failing to understand. No one is ready to talk about the fakeness but the creativity. That's what drives a business.... creativity not rants.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by beejaymoore(m): 7:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
ladyF:
I really do not doubt this bread-seller story one bit. Whether you believe or not, it won't change the fact that the lady has found favour. It's rare but it happens, just like miracles do happen.

Next time you get on your knees, say this prayer after me; in fact, say this prayer right now... "God give me a miracle that will sound like a lie" If it is too good to be true, then it is God!!! Better give your life to Christ, let him change your life for the better.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

God bless you... Preach!!!

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by porka: 7:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
daretodiffer:

Whoever came up with Olajumoke's story must be pretty smartshocked

Cab you imagine turning a young woman with two kids and a husband, who lives in Osun state, into a media sensationshocked

Pretty smart I tell ya;-\

Mtchewwww

Lol.

You don't have any idea how smart human beings are.

And you probably don't understand the enormous powers media professionals have on your mind.

So she lives in Iree?

Did they not say she lives in Lagos while her husband and kids live in Iree?

Maybe you should shed more light on that. It's doubtful if Iree bread sellers arrange/stack their bread like Lagos bread sellers.

Over to you.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by abbey621(m): 7:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
Those saying it does not matter how she got there or that it does not matter she's lucky are the exact reason why Nigeria is in trouble! I've said it once before and I'll say it again, in advanced countries a deep investigation would be carried out to authenticate the story, from interviews with those who knew her from childhood to TY Bello's associates and crew. The girl is getting endorsements from publicly traded company and this automatically makes it a consumer protection issue but what do we know in Nigeria as evidence here by the lame comments, it does not matter if it's fake as long as she's lucky......Clowns!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2016
Lijams:
To support ur point,where are colleagues who they did go to same bakery to get bread?where is the bakery where she used to get her bread,has anybody come from anywhere in her business circle to identify her?let's stop fooling outselves,TY is just looking for a way to revive her relevance.My observation
yes, she tried to revive it and what's bad in this? Why do we have this condemning mentality?
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by CaroLyner(f): 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2016
AyamConfidence:
na wa o Caro....is so life is be? Where have you been? Its being a long time
been busy in school.....sad
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by dammytosh: 7:05pm On Feb 20, 2016
As much as i don't like the noise it is generating, ur points are invalid.

Yes a lot of bread sellers and street hawkers are beautiful. The fact that you did not see her around Unilag gate will make u easily ignore them. She is not even beautiful up till now. She just has some medelling physique dts all.

There is no big deal about wat is happening to her. The endorsements are just to tap from her sudden fame. That is a wise move from those companies.

When her story is to be compiled all those companies would be mentioned. That is free adverts.

To those of u who discovered her after the fame was big, u will see it as a big deal.

I saw the picture the first day TY bello uploaded it and i was like "Waoooo this looks natural"

About motivational speaking and face of stanbic, uou are a victim of media's intentional distortion of facts.

Stanbic only gave her children a product they sell. Nothing more. ( this is simple advertisement)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Ephraim56: 7:05pm On Feb 20, 2016
Why are some Nigerians so bitter? Well from your view on this it's obvious that your are under informed. Focusing on your Argument that she is educated because she was called to go give a MOTIVATIONAL speech( because of how her life changed dramatically btw), I say firstly he logic if flawed and secondly go watch videos of the lady being interviewed. Nigerians learn to be positive minded and be happy for people regardless of anything!(IMO the girl is not too beautiful without the make and fine tuning) . If you want change adopt a positive attitude yourself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Jim Iyke Celebrates His 40th Birthday In Vegas With His Sister (Photos) / Tiwa Savage’s Album Listening Party ( Photos) / Burna Boy Prays For Will Smith After His Wife Jada Shared Their ‘Bedroom’ Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.