Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,440 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! (62374 Views)

South African Newspaper Features Olajumoke's "Dirt Poor Bread Seller" Story / Funke Akindele Turns Olajumoke, The Bread-Seller In New Video Shoot / 5 Proves That Olajumoke The Bread Seller Story Is A Public Stunt (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by banmee(m): 5:36pm On Feb 20, 2016
tolulakin:

My brother, would you make this your prayer point? God would not take you serious if your prayer point is some fake miracle that is quick becoming every lazy person's watchword, you know?

I just fell in love with Peter Adeosun's writeup of today!

As it is now, it does not matter how she got there but that she is there. The fact that she sells bread is not in question. We all get used one way or another. As long as they are not doing anything illegal i'm all for it. Do think she cares at this point if TY is using her? The important thing is that she has been given an opportunity which she had better use well. Also, e be like say you and the OP never jam some bad mama jammer sexy hawkers. I remember when I was still a teenager and crossed paths with the most beautiful agbalumo hawker I've ever seen in my life. Omo yen rin si asiko. It was a glorious afternoon that day. grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 20, 2016
2. All of a sudden, she became a MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER! How foolish can we be? Just all of a sudden, a programme was to be held in Abuja and olajumoke was invited as the MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER....yes, SPEAKER! The topic was 'If we were the government'... So I asked myself, was she so educated before or did she become a motivational speaker just by virtue of being lucky or someone is just playing a simply stupid fast one on us?
[/quote]
Thank you Tolu, to actually think she can't speak English, am wondering what she used in communicating her supposed motivational sentences. I knew from onset that there is more to this story of Ola jumoke. I will keep watching though.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by vivalavida(m): 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
I have avoided this topic. Most times,i just read comments here without actually seeking to see the bread picture. Not until my colleague who hasnt shown interest @ all in this olajumoke ish asked me bout it yesterday @ work. I clicked on google with the system on my desk and when i saw her pix with the bread on her head,i felt conned. I couldnt even show it to my colleague. The babe looked over-dressed for a bread seller. No be bread sellers i dey see every morn wey i dey go work again? Even the way Tinie Tempah was looking at the bread shows it was all stage managed.

5 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by UrbanMystique: 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
Who cares.. The story took some people out of poverty .. So what does it matter?

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Godiloveu(f): 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
tolulakin:
As mouth-watering as the TY Bello/Jumoke Bread Seller, Photobombing story sounds, there are lots of common sense facts that point to the fact that TY Bello is just pulling a fast one on us.

I have always had one understanding of our world and especially our nation. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. I will bring up three or four facts that make me really convinced that this bread seller story is not only a publicity stunt, but it is as well a major fool-the-public drama that TY Bello just used to get into all our heads!

1. Will a bread seller look so good? in the selfie she took with TY Bello, olajumoke was looking so cute that one would begin to wonder if she had been doing facial treatments all her life. But then, what do I know?

2. All of a sudden, she became a MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER! How foolish can we be? Just all of a sudden, a programme was to be held in Abuja and olajumoke was invited as the MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER....yes, SPEAKER! The topic was 'If we were the government'... So I asked myself, was she so educated before or did she become a motivational speaker just by virtue of being lucky or someone is just playing a simply stupid fast one on us?

3. Anybody who saw the picture where she allegedly photobombed the Tinie Tempah shoot will probably believe with me that she was a little bit overdressed to be a bread seller. She looked so good I began wondering, did she really photobomb this shoot or was she made up before the shoot?

4. So I heard Sujimoto gave her a house, STANBIC gave her an endorsement deal etc.... For what did a young lady who just got lucky deserve all these publicity and attention? For being lucky? Or for being a recipient of a TY Bello miracle? I guess we should expect an endorsement deal for the young man E-Money just gave a car and cash to if that is the way to deal!

You can call me as many names as you want for my non-conformist ideas....truth is, it will not change my belief that all these PR moves by TY Bello involving Olajumoke are ways of fooling our collective reasoning. I am certain even Basketmouth shares my views....maybe that explains his recent jokes about Olajumoke....he just wanted to tell us we are all being fooled in his usually funny way!

Y'all can keep getting fooled, Olajumoke will not become a prayer point for me for even a minute!

Thank u ojare! I share a lot in dis tot of urs.
I kukuma talk b4, haba! It too gud to true.
Photoboom ko!, photoexplode ni! Smh

3 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by oluxy(m): 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
tolulakin:
As mouth-watering as the TY Bello/Jumoke Bread Seller, Photobombing story sounds, there are lots of common sense facts that point to the fact that TY Bello is just pulling a fast one on us.

I have always had one understanding of our world and especially our nation. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. I will bring up three or four facts that make me really convinced that this bread seller story is not only a publicity stunt, but it is as well a major fool-the-public drama that TY Bello just used to get into all our heads!

1. Will a bread seller look so good? in the selfie she took with TY Bello, olajumoke was looking so cute that one would begin to wonder if she had been doing facial treatments all her life. But then, what do I know?

3. Anybody who saw the picture where she allegedly photobombed the Tinie Tempah shoot will probably believe with me that she was a little bit overdressed to be a bread seller. She looked so good I began wondering, did she really photobomb this shoot or was she made up before the shoot?

4. So I heard Sujimoto gave her a house, STANBIC gave her an endorsement deal etc.... For what did a young lady who just got lucky deserve all these publicity and attention? For being lucky? Or for being a recipient of a TY Bello miracle? I guess we should expect an endorsement deal for the young man E-Money just gave a car and cash to if that is the way to deal!

You can call me as many names as you want for my non-conformist ideas....truth is, it will not change my belief that all these PR moves by TY Bello involving Olajumoke are ways of fooling our collective reasoning. I am certain even Basketmouth shares my views....maybe that explains his recent jokes about Olajumoke....he just wanted to tell us we are all being fooled in his usually funny way!

Y'all can keep getting fooled, Olajumoke will not become a prayer point for me for even a minute!

be it cooked or not, I dont know you, the world don't know you or heard about you but the world now know her and heard about her.

be it cooked or anyhow you perceived it, the lady looks from a poor background. let her luck shine as it is already.

pray someone should cooked your story to the world and to have fame too.

6 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by 9jaBloke: 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2016
@tolulakin
1. Would a bread seller look so good in a selfie?
Yes a common bread seller can equally be good looking. Beauty is not exclusively for the high and mighty. Again u shud have uploaded the selfie in question for us to see if the pic was enhanced. Ty is a pro.

2. All of a Sudden she becomes a Motivational speaker? No one ever said she has become a career speaker overnight. She was invited to share her story @Play-Forum Abuja, becos her sudden fame is motivational. Even the media reported that her English needs brushing up.

3. She was overdressed to be photobombing??
Irrespective of class or status, some people clean up and dress good. It's better to be prepared so you won't be found wanting when opportunity locates you.

4.Sujimoto and Stanbic deals? U forgot Payporte, CNN and other international media mentions. For the records, it's not out of the ordinary. The media created a buzz and she became a sudden sensation + her story/transformation is amazing, so it figures. Those corporations had to share in the euphoria and use her new found fame to project their brand and social image.

I don't think it was staged. TY is already celebrated in her field. She didn't need such a stunt.
I think Olajumoke is destined to shine. Every topic about her generates replies and controversy. Even you just used her to take a shot at front page. Congrats.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2016
tolulakin:

just zoom the picture below bros and tell me if she is not overdressed for her job description....

Even more than overdressed........ Can't yhu see her posture??........she knew the shot is cominq.......konidafun ty bello..........does she fink we are animals

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
Cutehector:
u can kill urself with envy. Fact is, she is blessed and your hatred can't take it away from her

And I say again, the fact that you call this hatred shows me your mental laziness! Every non-conformist is a hater to a mentally lazy miracle-seeker!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by jaksabbey(m): 5:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
Well, am sorry u took ur time to think dis much about her but it's painful u didn't c d good of the matter which makes it a waste of time for u, firstly I believe u saw the picture of the girl without make up nd dat of her husband which show dat d gel is far from being a model before now, nd wen u hear her talk a sensible human being will knw it's nt fake cos she is real, her being a motivational speaker should nt be an issue becos all what she will say will be given to her nd properly edited as she is the talk of d town, my dear wen favour speak for some1 all protocol are suspended, as for d guy kcee gave a car don't act like a fool cos he was given a gift nd not a career like jumoke. Even if u pray for her kind of success u can't get it tongue tongue tongue
tolulakin:

3 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by ColtPython(m): 5:40pm On Feb 20, 2016
fromnigeria:
50 dolls daily shocked

whats the difference between you and the TY Bellos undecided

I'm sorry if you can't understand how I do it

grin
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Sunnypar(m): 5:40pm On Feb 20, 2016
menix:

My friend, God will bless you abundantly.....

The 1st day I saw the shot I was like WTF, how could a bread seller dress so tushed..

I swear, I ve avoided threads on this woman not because I ain't happy for her but the story is cooked.
Come see Sikarat...... Bilikis, Tolu, Yinka, Bimbo......they dress to kill because they sell up(their good) and down (Pekus).

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
vivalavida:
I have avoided this topic. Most times,i just read comments here without actually seeking to see the bread picture. Not until my colleague who hasnt shown interest @ all in this olajumoke ish asked me bout it yesterday @ work. I clicked on google with the system on my desk and when i saw her pix with the bread on her head,i felt conned. I couldnt even show it to my colleague. The babe looked over-dressed for a bread seller. No be bread sellers i dey see every morn wey i dey go work again? Even the way Tinie Tempah was looking at the bread shows it was all stage managed.

God bless you oh....and some lazy thinkers below are saying we are haters...Nigerian are so mentally lazy that we cannot analyze a simple picture. How do you call the look on Tinie's face photobombing? He looked at the bread with intent....she posed with the bread knowingly...abeg!

Some are even saying I am anti-miracle...why have our people become so foolish that we connect every issue to spirituality?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by ladyF(f): 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
bigfather:

GOD go butter ya bread plentiful !
Amen smiley GOD go sugar your own tea too.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Coldfeets: 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
Well done toluakin. I'm glad some people can actually see through the smokescreen.

But you know what?

When you live in a miracle-believing society, like they normally say, anything is possible!

So allow them to have their fun... while it lasts.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Kobicove(m): 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
Any discerning observer should be able to tell that it was a cooked up story right from the very start.

Questions to be asked concerning the initial photobombed pic:-

- How come is it that a bread seller who ostensibly would be out walking all day looks so well dressed and 'polished'?

- By the way who Hawks bread at night? (As can be seen in the pic it was already dark)

- Why are her wares still 'untouched' if she presumably had been selling her bread since daytime?

I am amazed at how gullible Nigerians are. No wonder miracle and prosperity worship business centres keep springing up in every corner...
These public media personalities take us for fools and keep insulting our collective intelligence.
Well, you can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all the people all the time!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by AyeeIdris(f): 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
menix:

My friend, God will bless you abundantly.....

The 1st day I saw the shot I was like WTF, how could a bread seller dress so tushed..

I swear, I ve avoided threads on this woman not because I ain't happy for her but the story is cooked.
That was not the original outfit. The photographer photoshopped a red dress over her Cos her clothes were too ordinary. Do your research before concluding

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Lifestone(m): 5:46pm On Feb 20, 2016
Of course the only reason why you doubted the Bread seller's story is also because in your own considered opinion it's too good to be true.
But rather than do basic research, your lazy mind probably just conjured a merely cooked rationalisation of the whole issue.
You haven't done any background check on Olajumoke to know who she was before nature smiled on her, neither did you bother to know the level of work done on her before she was made to meet the public.
On the public speaking, I am surprised at your conclusion, whatever makes you think that Olajumoke is hitherto daft and can not read or write still baffles me.
I think you are the one with the Never believe mind set here and you are probably going to cheat if given the opportunity.
Until you are able to do basic research on this issue, you can keep your lazy thought to yourself

13 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Sunnypar(m): 5:46pm On Feb 20, 2016
Nichobabe:

I hear you bro, but the fact remains that the girl is just lucky, you can't take away that fact.

Even if she was paid to act she is still lucky.

She is getting a house, she is lucky

She is getting endorsement from IBTC, she is lucky

She is now a motivational speaker and people listen, she is lucky

She is even getting more deals than Nollywood actress, She is lucky

So whether acting o or real o. She is lucky
What qualifies her to be the bolded? By hawking bread and mistakenly entering a photo shoot.... TY bello use that one resurrect her dying career.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Boeing777pilot: 5:46pm On Feb 20, 2016
The average Nigerian's PhD (Pull him Down) syndrome is just sickening.

So much gall and bitterness at seeing someone else make progress.

6 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by sashaa(f): 5:46pm On Feb 20, 2016
tolulakin:

just zoom the picture below bros and tell me if she is not overdressed for her job description....
Try googling the original story. That may help clear things up for u a bit
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by rman: 5:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
AyeeIdris:

That was not the original outfit. The photographer photoshopped a red dress over her Cos her clothes were too ordinary. Do your research before concluding

So the picture was indeed a deliberate attempt not a photobomb

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
jaksabbey:
Well, am sorry u took ur time to think dis much about her but it's painful u didn't c d good of the matter which makes it a waste of time for u, firstly I believe u saw the picture of the girl without make up nd dat of her husband which show dat d gel is far from being a model before now, nd wen u hear her talk a sensible human being will knw it's nt fake cos she is real, her being a motivational speaker should nt be an issue becos all what she will say will be given to her nd properly edited as she is the talk of d town, my dear wen favour speak for some1 all protocol are suspended, as for d guy kcee gave a car don't act like a fool cos he was given a gift nd not a career like jumoke. Even if u pray for her kind of success u can't get it tongue tongue tongue

And what I see in you is a Nigerian who cannot mentally analyze a simple picture where Tinie Tempah was looking at the alleged photobomber with intent and she was posing with determination. Does that look like photobombing? Mental laziness worse pass Lassa

4 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by TechieMan: 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
tolulakin:

I rarely comment on nairaland but I had to do this.

TY Bello has values.She is unlike many other Nigerian celebrities u see today.Have u ever see her on stage performing on a show?No you will never.She is principled.

I dont think she would go that far for fame.If you care to check her track record and anticedent you ll see that thats all she basically does...helping people who cant help themselves...like her music recognising an unsong elderly lady u runs a motherless home in kogi, those are the things she does....

She came from Kush, every member of that group does the same thing today even though they dont function together, example helps young artist with talent with no money to promote themselves...

Yes there are bread sellers and others that hawk that actually look good...and besides she isnt just an ordinary bread seller she actually worked for a bakery just like a vendor works for a newspaper publisher...

In summary, Ty Bello brand speaks for herself, she isnt a noise maker but makes lasting impacts, deception, lies and cook up story is not part of her legacy the little I know of her....

I m a friend to Emem(Kush)so I know a bit more about the Kush members

One other thing, from the original story TY did mention that after she photobumbed they told her to actually go back and pose with the artist for a few more shots ....and they pciked the best...go check the original story

And about being overdressed: I ve experience in graphic design as web developer and I can tell u that they r any photoshop users who can transform any pic, including managing lights and making a cheap outfit look quality...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Ghost447(m): 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
praizeblog:
na u sabi.... u better go pray for mercy like olajumoke n stop hating
This is not hating, but stating his own opinion or doubt about this matter or do you expect everyone to swallow "the bread seller farce" hook line and sinker like you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
rman:

So the picture was indeed a deliberate attempt not a photobomb

Thank you for having common sense! These people are worse than zombies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by elderken(m): 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
Fake or not. Why so much publicity? So for every help. Rendered. We should call in the media. Very soon Dasuki will give. Her 2 billion dollars
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by 2sex(m): 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
tolulakin:

I have been so bothered by the way some people have turned her story to their prayer points in recent times....I kept asking myself, are Nigerians this foolish? I cannot swallow such, I had to speak out!
you don't need to ask yourself because it as clear as the morning that so many Nigerians are foolish

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
Re: Basketmouth Shades Olajumoke Orisaguna, The Ex-breadseller (Photo) by emekamigo(m): 10:50am On Feb 19
This lady,Olajumoke wasn't a bread seller.The bread selling story was a creation of the promoter to launch and advertise widely the intended idea.Its a media stunt style.Media publicity people will understand more this style of advertising and publicity-
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

This was my comment yesterday-
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2016
Lijams:
To support ur point,where are colleagues who they did go to same bakery to get bread?where is the bakery where she used to get her bread,has anybody come from anywhere in her business circle to identify her?let's stop fooling outselves,TY is just looking for a way to revive her relevance.My observation

gbam

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Cmeo(m): 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2016
of course, we don't need a toluakin to prove this to us.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by eleko1: 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2016
GOd bless U Tolulakin.Niagrans are gullible pipu.See how pipu dey fall for the cheap scam like AKara Osu/dodo Ikire,even bank too that should knw better quickly endorsed the stupidity,Chai! Wondered why she nor sell one piece of her bread. TY bello,I twale for ur scam

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Chioma Reacts To Abandoning School For Davido, After fans Stormed Her page / Kcee & E-money Visit Their Village & Spray Cash To Villagers (pics, Videos) / Tonto Dikeh At Stadium To Watch Africa's Cup Of Nation (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.