Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You (95557 Views)

Black People Have Super Powers #UNDERGROUNDRISEUP / Ooni Cannot Marry The Single Mother, Emmanuella, It’s A Taboo – Palace Source / Inheritance In Ishan Land First Son Takes All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by seadiva(f): 3:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Shey she kill person ni? What happens when a married Isan man cheats?

Anyway, na superstition sha... Make una kontinue...

God Bless Isans and Entire Edo People Forever
It's not superstition, it's very real! Am Ishan and our taboos have serious repercussions that I have witnessed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by francafrank(f): 3:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
demarc001:
People will come and be shouting superstition, although I am not living mindful of these things the truth is they are real. I grew up in a traditional home, the fact behind these things is that there are certain deity(gods) behind these rules that worships are made to (these laws are being sealed as prayers during worships) these are custodians of these rules/constitutions. They are the ones behind the effecting of punishments to defaulters. With the changes of life (urbanisation/civilisation keeping these laws e.g the woman's wrapper scenario becomes impossible in cities) like our national constitutions these laws are reviewed/prayed Off during worship to those gods so this makes the punishments no more effective when defaulted.

21st century?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 3:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
prettymina:
Wife ke grin u never see o keep searching esan ke I no sabi una culture all this na writeup cheesy
Wetin they worry this one self? instead of u to they happy say i wan marry u base on my sister frm same state, u dey here they mk shakara. hehehehe

if i go, nor come beg me o.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by gondon(m): 3:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
Greetings and thanks for this write up. Its really good for me bcoz my wife to be is from EWOHIMI and she is d best gift ever given to me..
Please i wish to know much about EWOHIMI people, as i am an IGBO guy going to marry from there.
* How do they behave generally
* How do dey welcome dia inlaws, expecially d non edo's.
* How is dia traditional wedding like, and how much can it cost to do a low key marriage dia.
My woman attends MFM and is a christain, she is d opposite of a cure benin girl; as in very nice.

PLEASE help answer these questions for me, as it will help me alot.
erunz:

http://www..com/talk/topic,283699.0.html
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by erunz(m): 3:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
charlesucheh:
Then I'll be sorry if am ESAN....because that TABOO must kill me o!!! What an archaic mentality. We are in an enlightened era where christianity has taken the wheels, am very sure not all ESANS observe this...#thankGodamnotESAN.
thats why you are not Esan

am proud of my tribe.

esan oyeee

2 Likes

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by erunz(m): 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
Flourish89:
obhiaba oyeeeeeeeeeeeeee
my brother you are sighted
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by sunmarouk(m): 3:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

God Bless Isans and Entire Edo People Forever
this is so true, my mum was accused of adultory, and inorder to maybe escape the degrading punishment, she was divorced(giving ur wife a 1kobo coin in esan culture means divorce). When my dad got to know tht my mum was visiting me, he called me a devil, saying i wanted to kill him, that thank God he doesnt sit or eats in my house whenever he visits, tht he would hv been dead by nw, if he touches whatever food my mum cooked. Long story cut short, my mum eventually died at a very young age. I MISS U MUMMY
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Akkord4gov: 3:15pm On Feb 24, 2016
prettymina:
Go and look for esan to marry o,i can't guarantee u of stable marriage wit an esan woman forget d culture

Esan for where,na Auchi I dey go wink grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by sunmarouk(m): 3:15pm On Feb 24, 2016

God Bless Isans and Entire Edo People Forever[/quote]
this is so true, my mum was accused of adultory, and inorder to maybe escape the degrading punishment, she was divorced(giving ur wife a 1kobo coin in esan culture means divorce). When my dad got to know tht my mum was visiting me, he called me a devil, saying i wanted to kill him, that thank God he doesnt sit or eats in my house whenever he visits, tht he would hv been dead by nw, if he touches whatever food my mum cooked. Long story cut short, my mum eventually died at a very young age. I MISS U MUMMY

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by xcllaxix(m): 3:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
I hate it when some outrageous traditions are practised in current dispensation..subduing women as if they where made to be property to men instead of partners..
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by davide470(m): 3:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
PresVA:
Are you from Esan abi na ishan? shocked shocked
Esan people are Ishan.

Same Same.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by PresVA: 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
davide470:
Esan people are Ishan.

Same Same.
Hmmmm, issorait sir. .. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Lilimax(f): 3:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
My brother in-law married an Esan lady and his life has never remained the same embarassed
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by ronaldbecky(m): 3:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
chaiiii......the Op bad o,u wan see mercy johnson unclad and parate....this life na moi moi
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by davide470(m): 3:32pm On Feb 24, 2016
PresVA:
Hmmmm, issorait sir. .. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Lool.

Hope no problem Ma?

P.S: I know nothing about what was written by the OP and i don't care. cheesy
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by gondon(m): 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
Please explain this statement well please... Remained dsame as in how?. shocked
Lilimax:
My brother in-law married an Esan lady and his life has never remained the same embarassed
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by demarc001: 3:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
francafrank:

21st century?
Read my post and you will get it clearly that I made it clear it was the old ways and modifications have been made. 21st century, do we want to deny the fact that there are still shrines in many communities in our nation? Even as urbanized as LAGOS here nobody will convince me that the EYO Festival does not have certain diabolic rites attached to it.

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by sam90s(m): 3:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
erunz:

http://www..com/talk/topic,283699.0.html

It's a taboo to push this to the from page.

By the way, 1, 5 & 7 sound suspicious though, I mean why would you do that anyway?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by arazanbal: 3:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
@op your lie ehhhnnnn.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by PresVA: 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
davide470:
Lool.

Hope no problem Ma?

P.S: I know nothing about what was written by the OP and i don't care. cheesy
Lol, don't mind me grin grin
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by fmthegreatest(m): 3:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
All these ishan taboos of adulteries are directed at women what of the punishment for man that does it with the woman? This is an unfair taboos or customs.

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by grandlexuz(m): 3:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
raayah:
Looking at the laws, you would think it's only women who exist in the world.A lot of oppression and hatred towards women.

Thank God for feminism and education that has been teaching women that this treatment is wrong and should not be tolerated.

Everyone should be held to the same standards and should be treated equally regardless of their genders!

Yeah you are right. Sadly I never heard any feminist movements in Nigeria clamouring for the payments of dowry.Lol
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Muoweta: 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
Esan juju de sabi Dr abeg who de deliver d pregnant wives? No offence for these condition??
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Ahmed3rdjuly: 3:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
Am married to an Esan woman and no. 2 is regular occurrence jor.
Make the spirit go hug transformer for all I care.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by summerflame(m): 3:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
This is super story.. Forget, no tribe, I repeat, no tribe is a taboo for yoruba boys. For where, we send them message ?. Abegi, leave thrash for lawma
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by JuanDeDios: 3:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
introvertious:
The issue of purnishment wen a married woman commits adultery takes effect only if the ritual of dat purnishment was carried out on d woman after their marriage I.e There r things they do to married women after marriage(if ur husband accepts) b4 dat curse can come upon u.

....The husband of a woman who just gave birth must stay away from her sexually for three months as she’s considered unclean because of the after delivery blood she discharges...
Dis is so not true as a colleague of mine who is igbo but married to an esan man went on maternity leave(3mths) and resumed wit 1mth pregnancy though it was only her friends dat knew till d stomach bcame obvious.

Lastly, d 2nd highest number of womanizers in Nigeria are d Esan men..
Lol. Na who carry fust?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Iprofit: 4:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
ChappyChase:
What a taboo!
This things are just to keep the people in check not that it has any effect!
For example why should a man be having sex in the afternoon when he supposed to be in his farm working!
*modified*
Am FTC again and still waiting for my alert!!!!
Felling really jobless today!
Well not so in my own village
That part about adultry is still into existence
A married woman dare not have it with another man else she will be mad
But if the husband is aware of what the wife did and eat anything cooked by her...he will die
But it has no effect on the children....
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 4:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
erunz:

na for my thread una wan do introduction?
lolzz
Ahhh, bros, isnt introduction allowed?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Valwarren: 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
Probably that's the reason why she is putting to bed every year.. . lipsrsealed
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by alaskido(m): 4:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
This is BULLSHIT. No. 7 is terrible. What if the Esan man lives in a room with only a bed and no chair, so the visitor should sit on the floor abi. Rubbish.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by delishpot: 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2016
Poor, poor wives of esan men cry

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by hopilo: 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
In Esan the men are permitted to cheat. This laws are anti women, men subjecting women from time "Imo river"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. / Ikwerre Names & Their Meanings / Yoruba Incantations. . . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.