Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,897 members, 7,848,614 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:22 AM

MEND Attacks Lagos - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Attacks Lagos (24420 Views)

Poll: If true, this attack is:

horrible: 67% (116 votes)
wonderful: 32% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. / Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2009
kathyekiti:

For all the warmongers out there, Commander Awe is my cousin. Please feel free to contact me so you can tell his three children why it is a good thing that their father is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tell them that he was a casualty of 'war'.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2009
kathyekiti:

For all the warmongers out there, Commander Awe is my cousin. Please feel free to contact me so you can tell his three children why it is a good thing that their father is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was a victim of the Nigerian system. My sympathies.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2009
Beaf:

You can't see whats wrong with that photo? Jesus!

Poems, artworks, novels and plays can be based on that photo. I'm posting it again, just to make you think.

ok, I dont know why Nigerians always like to cry over every little thing as if they're entitled to some great big pie in the sky which "their govt" is denying them.

There are billions of people in the world- check your statistics- how many are living in the comfort of the first world?

Is Nigeria the only place where you have poor people
? What is wrong with you and others like you? Go to Asia and check the living conditions of the majority there. In the US and Europe, you still have people living in abject poverty- because they dont make the headlines doesnt mean they're not there. Likewise the middle east.

Just because you Nigerians go to other countries and join the middle class either through work, drug dealing or credit card fraud, doesnt mean you should incessantly start criticizing every single thing you see in Africa without engaging your brains.

Being poor isnt a crime. Being ashamed of your roots and trying to cover up by pointing fingers at the poverty rampant in Africa, doesnt promote you in any way, and neither does it elevate you in the eyes of the people you're trying to impress.

Learn to like your roots, warts and all, and then you'll get the respect you crave for. By liking your roots I dont mean tribal hogwash!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 14, 2009
debosky:

I agree with what you said ow11

It's so simple to say 'other tribes' are giving them information. How can you tell if anyone here is acting on TRIBAL motive? If your land is destroyed by pollution, are you being TRIBAL by asking for a better deal?  

By emphasizing on the 'tribal information' included in the yet to be verified 'confirmation', you are indirectly fanning tribal flames here tpia, whether you like it or not, by focusing on who might have informed them as if that was done on the basis of tribe.

Again, I don't expect a different approach from you, your view on tribes is clear from previous interactions.

People's homes are burning and getting destroyed and some are hell bent on turning it into a tribal matter -very unsurprising.

I hope you noticed I highlighted someone else's post?

Do you have anything to say about the actual post I quoted?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2009
tpia.:

Learn to like your roots, warts and all, and then you'll get the respect you crave for. By liking your roots I dont mean tribal hogwash!

Diversion as usual.

Maybe you didn't understand the photo because there were women in it. I'm now posting one with men.
Its our country

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 14, 2009
I'm busy at the moment- will check this thread later.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 14, 2009
ow11:

All those calling for MEND's demise fail to see the big picture or are somewhat comfortable with the status quo in our country. Besides, the chaos does indeed benefit a lot of Nigerians especially ones with very little morals.

Bunkum!, where is the big picture that we can't see, please show us! angry. Stop trying to to blackmail everybody to follow your cause. The way you guys are saying is like " IS EITHER YOU ARE WITH US IN THIS "STRUGGLE" OR YOU ARE FOR THE STATUS QUO". That's cheap blackmail!.

Everybody has a way of fighting injustice, the fact that I don't agree with the current method of fighting it by the  so called MEND does not in anyway suggest  I prefer the status quo.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 14, 2009
Beaf:

Diversion as usual.

Maybe you didn't understand the photo because there were women in it. I'm now posting one with men.
Its our country

from your photo, I assume you're unfamiliar with waste management disposal. Though that fact in itself shows what the Nigerian govt needs to work on.

care to explain what you find offensive about a garbage truck and waste management workers? The fact that they look dirty maybe?

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ubine(m): 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2009
HEY please dont change the topic of discussion like bringing tribalism here the issue is simple MEND (movement enmencipation for niger delta). thanks Beaf for that info
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2009
ilugunboy:

Bunkum!, where is the big picture that we can't see, please show us! angry. Stop trying to to blackmail everybody to follow your cause. The way you guys are saying is like " IS EITHER YOU ARE WITH US IN THIS "STRUGGLE" OR YOU ARE FOR THE STATUS QUO". That's cheap blackmail!.

Everybody has a way of fighting injustice, the fact that I don't agree with the current method of fighting it by the  so called MEND does not in anyway suggest  I prefer the status quo.

Yea like praying fervently and hoping on God.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by tayo4lif: 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2009
You said something about weapon. where do MEND get weapon from?

Ow11, igbo man , Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) militant are not that stupid, they would not attack MEND or go to anywhere to attack MEND.  People like you are trying to create confusion to make OPC to fight MEND. it would not happen. Dont waste your time.

akigbemaru, no, noone is support violent but MEND does not have many option at the moment. MEND has to take over Yorubaland, if they have to force the govt of nigeria to its feet and send signal to anyone who does not want to join the republic of Benin. his or house or family would be next.

the reason I think they may be doing it. Without the yorubas standing up to fight. the task to leave nigeria is difficult.

You see the yorubas tend to be passive, and when you look at call for  biafra  or niger delta countries , this calls are not possible or difficult because of problem even biafra faced in the international communities during the civil war.

1. Getting international recognition is one difficult that would be faced. less than 10 countries recoginzed biafra. But when it comes to Benin republic , we already have over 200 countries which recorgnized Benin republic.

2. Passport. Biafra  passport is worthless in the international communities, immigration would arrest you, but the Republic of Benin passport is recorgnied all over the world.

3. The capital of the Republic of Benin is a Yorubas town. Port Novo, so we do not have any problem with administration.

4. Biafra currency was worthless in the international communities. Noone wanted to accept biafra currency.  Benin republic currency is used in 14 countries in west africa.

5. Weapon or military supply, Biafra found it hard to buy weapon from the international community. Benin republic can get weapon and military supply from any countries in the world.

6. Embassy: Biafra embassy were not allowed in some countries. Benin republic embassy are accepted in 200 countries in the world.

7.  United Nation: Biafra found it difficult to have a seat at the united nation, Benin republic already have a seat in the United nation.

So you can see why MEND is trying to take over Yorubaland, for seperation, they are sending signal to any politician or God father who thinks he is god in Yorubaland that he think he would stop the Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state join the republic of Benin.

You see the call for Odua, biafra or Niger delta would face too many problem. That is why joining the republic of Benin is the only possible option. Even the capital of Benin republic is a Yoruba city with a Yoruba king (oba). This is the only option.  This is what lawyer who have worked on files with the united nation have told me. Unification is 100% possible.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 14, 2009
Beaf, I'm waiting for your response to my last post.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ibeme:

Sorry love. . . . actions of the few are supported by the majority. . . . therefore you need no veil to hide behind when condemning us in totality. . . . just dont forget to condemn all our Igbo and Yoruba brothers who support the actions of the few as well!

count yourselves- you're[b] not [/b]a majority.

Ability to shout doesnt make you a majority, unless you're going the Hitler route.

Posting your stooges on the web to monitor forums doesnt make you a majority either.

However, if you feel better thinking everyone is stupid and your group is heads over the rest, then by all means throw a party.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by debosky(m): 4:54pm On Jul 14, 2009
tpia.:

I hope you noticed I highlighted someone else's post?

Do you have anything to say about the actual post I quoted?
I noticed that.

I do have something to say about the actual post - it mentions a whole bunch of things and I question it's veracity in the first place, including the reference to tribe. Look at my previous post to mrsb on this same thread.

You on the other hand CHOSE to highlight the TRIBAL section of the post  and you expect not to be called out as one putting a tribal spin on the matter?

Saying tribes must have been involved and specifically MENTIONING Yorubas which was NOT in the original article is definitely an expression of your view on the matter, with a decidedly tribal tint to it. Doing that is NOT beneficial to the core issue and only serves to becloud things with tribal sentiments instead of facing the true issue at hand - stealing and environmental degradation.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Ibeme: 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2009
tpia.:

count yourselves- you're[b] not [/b]a majority.

Pls go to Niger-Delta and count, otherwise allow myself, Ow11, WilyWily, Sapeleguy, Beaf etc to give you the gist on ground! cool
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2009
debosky:

I noticed that.

I do have something to say about the actual post - it mentions a whole bunch of things and I question it's veracity in the first place, including the reference to tribe. Look at my previous post to mrsb on this same thread.

You on the other hand CHOSE to highlight the TRIBAL section of the post  and you expect not to be called out as one putting a tribal spin on the matter?

Saying tribes must have been involved and specifically MENTIONING Yorubas which was NOT in the original article is definitely an expression of your view on the matter, with a decidedly tribal tint to it. Doing that is NOT beneficial to the core issue and only serves to becloud things with tribal sentiments instead of facing the true issue at hand - stealing and environmental degradation.

Are you not Yoruba and dont you support MEND?

Would you not give them intelligence if they asked for it?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ibeme:

Pls go to Niger-Delta and count, otherwise allow myself, Ow11, WilyWily, Sapeleguy, Beaf etc to give you the gist on ground!  cool

you do the counting and report your findings on nairaland.

You've handled the PR before now, so continue.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by CGKing(m): 5:00pm On Jul 14, 2009
All this wasting of lives because of some deposit of hydrocarbons thousand of years ago!.

Oil is a CURSE!

Oil is not a curse, it is a blessing, after all it is blessing other countries. Why is Nigeria so different. The African way of thinking is THE CURSE.

Meanwhile the world powers are gearing up together in haste to reduce global warming. Key among their agenda is the reduction of the world's dependence on oil. Electric bicycles have been produced. Electric cars are months away from introduction.

Nigeria hasnt begun to feel the bite yet. We will all wake up one day and find that all those hassles over fuel were for nothing. MEND will BEND that day.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by tarano: 5:03pm On Jul 14, 2009
This is too close for comfort!!! The Militant attack at Atlas Cove is in bad taste with sever implications to the revitalization effort of the lagos economy. Seriously, Guys this attack is bad for Lagos, We do not need something like this, We have a focused Governor that is trying to provide an enabling environment for Foreign and Local Investors to do business, This is not good news, The Lagos state government should act within its power to prevent such attacks from occuring again, With the severe poverty and depravation in Ajegunle and its prime location in lagos by the mangrove creeks and with their tribal affiliations to the Niger Delta, it's going to be a battle of hearts and minds, I beg Una, Mend should please  take their fight somewhere else, omo if Mend start recruiting youngsters from AJ naa trouble oh,
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2009
tarano:

This is too close for comfort!!! The Militant attack at Atlas Cove is in bad taste with sever implications to the revitalization effort of the lagos economy. Seriously, Guys this attack is bad for Lagos, We do not need something like this, We have a focused Governor that is trying to provide an enabling environment for Foreign and Local Investors to do business, This is not good news, The Lagos state government should act within its power to prevent such attacks from occuring again, With the severe poverty and depravation in Ajegunle and its prime location in lagos by the mangrove creeks and with their tribal affiliations to the Niger Delta, it's going to be a battle of hearts and minds, I beg Una, Mend should please take their fight somewhere else, omo if Mend start recruiting youngsters from AJ naa trouble oh,

Is ajengule populated with people from nigerdelta descent.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by tarano: 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2009
Yes, A sizeable chunk of the populace in AJ Jungle City have Niger Delta roots, also yoruba Ilaje roots, They know how to navigate the waters of Lagos very well. My Grandfater built a house there that my uncle inherited, all his tenants are from either delta state or rivers, baba bornboy, mama Efe, baba Preye e.t.c
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by IykeD1(m): 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2009
HajiaTanko

What is Ibori doing about the development in the ND region---do you know much he smiles when he checks his bank account or the number of expensive cars and properties he has in the U.K? What about Alams?

Now thieves like Tompolo and Jomo wants to follow suit-----killing and raping for justice.

Definitely, the sniper who places a bullet on Jomo head wins my commendation.

3 Gbosa for the capture of Tompolo----maybe this time dressed in drag like Alams-----FOOLS!!!

Statements like the one above are the reason why MEND still exists and is getting stronger. It goes
like this:  Until MEND root out every criminal from the Niger Delta (Ibori, Tompolo, Alams, etc.) we can't
take them serious and they are simply fools!

They are fools alright, fools that are costing the rotten country called Nigeria about $60million daily in
lost oil production.  Who is the bigger fool then?

I am from the same ethnic group as James Ibori, and while I will like to see him spend the rest of his life
behind bars, I will be the bigger fool to believe that the problem with Nigeria today is Ibori's making,
or Alams'.  Those men are simply the by-products of the rot called Nigeria.  How do you think MEND view
people like Ibori or Alams, those who may have be an ally of theirs at one point or the other in the past?  

Ask yourself who created the party called PDP that ended up producing candidates like Ibori and Alams?
Saying that MEND must get rid of all the criminals in the Niger Delta before their "cause" is considered
relevant is very similar to Ribadu's critics condemning him for not spending all of his tenure focused on
putting Obasanjo (his boss) behind bars. They were too myopic to see that in fact Ribadu was doing the
best he could given the circumstances he found himself in.  Since they got rid of Ribadu, its open looting
season, while the EFCC is using lip service to enforce the laws.

MEND is not going away anytime soon as long as the status quo continues in Nigeria. Freeing Okah is not
going to change anything.  Soon, the oil companies will begin to relocate their operations to Ghana from
Lagos while they drill from as much distance as possible.  The manufacturing companies have started this
trend already, and gradually the "giant' will continue its metamorphosis into an ant.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by nuesaweso(f): 5:12pm On Jul 14, 2009
Funny you all keep saying there is no tribal dimensions to it.

Ask yourselves how many of the victims are non-Yorubas and how many are Yorubas? 80% are Yorubas

What is the impact of blowing up the Atlas Cove Jetty ?

"The Atlas Cove jetty is the hub of NNPC distribution network tagged system 2E which supplies products through pipeline network to NNPC's depots in Ejigbo, Mosimi in Ogun , Ibadan in Oyo State and Ilorin in Kwara State.The 2E distribution network also connects Ore depot in Ondo State."

So we expect to see the economy of the South west grind to a halt in the coming weeks and you tell me this is not targeted at Yorubas

How does this attack fuel supply to the North, South-south/East? Why didnt they blow up Warri or PH refinery? Why not the Jetty at Onne?  Tell me another story plz
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by tarano: 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ajegunle is the true melting pot of Nigeria's ethnic groups. It is home to the Ijaws, Itsekiris, Efiks, Isokos, Igbos, Hausas, Yoruba, Uhrobos, Annang, and Ibibios
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by agabaI23(m): 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2009
Nues

The last time I checked, south east hasd no pipeline supply except it has been repair.

There is nothing to blow up anyway  and I think they have been blowing up loads of blowables in the South south.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2009
nues aweso:

Funny you all keep saying there is no tribal dimensions to it.

Ask yourselves how many of the victims are non-Yorubas and how many are Yorubas? 80% are Yorubas

What is the impact of blowing up the Atlas Cove Jetty ?

"The Atlas Cove jetty is the hub of NNPC distribution network tagged system 2E which supplies products through pipeline network to NNPC's depots in Ejigbo, Mosimi in Ogun , Ibadan in Oyo State and Ilorin in Kwara State.The 2E distribution network also connects Ore depot in Ondo State."

So we expect to see the economy of the South west grind to a halt in the coming weeks and you tell me this is not targeted at Yorubas

How does this attack fuel supply to the North, South-south/East? Why didnt they blow up Warri or PH refinery? Why not the Jetty at Onne? Tell me another story plz

people like u are the reason why this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-296421.0.html#bot exists.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 14, 2009
people like asha 80 make me ashamed to be African.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2009
tpia.:

from your photo, I assume you're unfamiliar with waste management disposal. Though that fact in itself shows what the Nigerian govt needs to work on.

care to explain what you find offensive about a garbage truck and waste management workers? The fact that they look dirty maybe?

More like a human waste truck to me. That's the best I can make out of the picture. undecided
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by debosky(m): 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2009
tpia.:

Are you not Yoruba and dont you support MEND?

Would you not give them intelligence if they asked for it?

What does my being Yoruba have to do with ANYTHING?

Is being Yoruba indicative of my support of stealing and environmental degradation or vice versa?? What point are you making with these tribal references?  

This is an issue about resources being misappropriated and people denied their rights to develop - it affects/will affect anyone resident in the given areas, regardless of tribe. Why you choose to focus on the tribe of alleged informants is worrying - this will only serve to distract from the primary issue at hand.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by IykeD1(m): 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2009

How does this attack fuel supply to the North, South-south/East? Why didnt they blow up Warri or PH refinery? Why not the Jetty at Onne?

Where have you been, did you miss all the bombings being carried out by MEND or by JTF in past several years
in the Niger Delta?

If they hit PH refinery, will you feel any better? Will that not affect the South West region as well?  Lets just say
they are warming up - first they were ignored, laughed at, and now about to be taken serious. Hopefully, the
stupid people leading the country may take notice and act fast.

To those wanting to turn this into an ethnic affair, I am yet to find any ethnic group in Nigeria that do not love
money. If MEND is able to find money to purchase arms, I am sure they have enough to buy information from any
part of the country from any ethnic group.  The party is just getting started unfortunately.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2009
debosky:

What does my being Yoruba have to do with ANYTHING?

Is being Yoruba indicative of my support of stealing and environmental degradation or vice versa?? What point are you making with these tribal references?

This is an issue about resources being misappropriated and people denied their rights to develop - it affects/will affect anyone resident in the given areas, regardless of tribe. Why you choose to focus on the tribe of alleged informants is worrying - this will only serve to distract from the primary issue at hand.

@ bolded

I'm sure it will.

@ the rest

I may respond later- I'm supposed to be doing some other things right now.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2009
Iyke-D:

Where have you been, did you miss all the bombings being carried out by MEND or by JTF in past several years
in the Niger Delta?

If they hit PH refinery, will you feel any better? Will that not affect the South West region as well? Lets just say
they are warming up - first they were ignored, laughed at, and now about to be taken serious. Hopefully, the
stupid people leading the country may take notice and act fast.

To those wanting to turn this into an ethnic affair, I am yet to find any ethnic group in Nigeria that do not love
money. If MEND is able to find money to purchase arms, I am sure they have enough to buy information from any
part of the country from any ethnic group. The party is just getting started unfortunately.

When mend was still operating in delta most peeps were not too concerend as they felt it was 'their' own thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

Onnoghen: We’ll Resist Any Attempt To Impeach Buhari – APC Senators / OSUN ELECTION: Events, Issues That May Shape Governorship Election / Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.