Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,182 members, 7,860,244 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:17 AM

MEND Attacks Lagos - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Attacks Lagos (24474 Views)

Poll: If true, this attack is:

horrible: 67% (116 votes)
wonderful: 32% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. / Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by presido1: 11:34pm On Jul 14, 2009
becoomrich:

agbara you are igbo
Hez from Port-Novo
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by udezue(m): 11:35pm On Jul 14, 2009
The Yoruba fools turning this into a tribal thing have once again proven that Yoruba ppl of the South can't be trusted in any struggle. They will bring in their tribal agenda into it and destroy any alliance. MEND did not attack Yoruba ppl. They attacked oil facility situated in Lagos which happens to be in Yoruba land. The oil facilities are their main target not Yoruba ppl just like Biafran troops moved West to defeat Nigerian troops in Lagos in order to free the South of any Northern Nigerian presence the Yoruba leaders introduced their tribal hatred and agenda hence there was no alliance in the South.

History repeating itself. The EAST should simply not count on SWest for any meaningful support. They will join the enemy in a split second as usual.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Abagworo(m): 11:40pm On Jul 14, 2009
namun (f)

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos
« #466 on: Today at 10:27:02 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@agabowa
may God punish you. may they wipe out your people in peace. i have noticed apart from being dumb and very stupid you are also ill read and unknowledgeable if not how would you say the economies are being brought to lagos. apart from the fact that lagos has port, it also has the largest number of commercially viable companies. in the event that you are not aware please keep the ignorance to yourself

The above shows the level of hatred and insensitivity in nigeria.I still ask why we should travel to Lagos to buy trucks of fuel?Can a northerner from Kano come to Port Harcourt for trucks of groundnut?
Bayelsa has landmass much larger than Lagos and shores that extend longer than Lagos.Even though Bayelsa is swampy sand-filling with oil money was done in lagos,why cant same be done in Bayelsa?Why can't 100% resource control be GRANTED?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by AloyEmeka9: 11:46pm On Jul 14, 2009

2. Passport. Biafra  passport is worthless in the international communities, immigration would arrest yo[/b]u, but the Republic of Benin passport is recorgnied all over the world.

[b]3. The capital of the Republic of Benin is a Yorubas town. Port Novo, so we do not have any problem with administration.

5. Weapon or military supply, Biafra found it hard to buy weapon from the international community. Benin republic can get weapon and military supply from any countries in the world.

6. Embassy: Biafra embassy were not allowed in some countries. Benin republic embassy are accepted in 200 countries in the world.

7.  United Nation: Biafra found it difficult to have a seat at the united nation, Benin republic already have a seat in the United nation.

So you can see why MEND is trying to take over Yorubaland, for seperation, they are sending signal to any politician or God father who thinks he is god in Yorubaland that he think he would stop the Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state join the republic of Benin.
cheesy cheesy cheesy BecomeMy GUY

You see the call for Odua, biafra or Niger delta would face too many problem. That is why joining the republic of Benin is the only possible option. Even the capital of Benin republic is a Yoruba city with a Yoruba king (oba). This is the only option.  This is what lawyer who have worked on files with the united nation have told me. Unification is 100% possible.
BecomeRich special. grin grin grin

4. Biafra currency was worthless in the international communities. Noone wanted to accept biafra currency.  Benin republic currency is used in 14 countries in west africa.

These are the 16 countries in West Africa, kindly tell us the only one  of them that rejects your currency out of the remaining 15.
Benin
Burkina Faso
Côte d'Ivoire
Cape Verde
The Gambia
Ghana
Guinea
Guinea-Bissau
Liberia
Mali
Mauritania
Niger
Nigeria
Senegal
Sierra Leone
Togo
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by agabaI23(m): 11:48pm On Jul 14, 2009
Chei
becomerich
see wetin you do to my name. I was looking for the agbara grin

Now Agbara is located in the west point of your map

My name is agaba grin grin
More map pls
presido sharrap
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by AloyEmeka9: 11:51pm On Jul 14, 2009
By the way, who are the 45 people that voted for a terrorist attack upon a neutral party?. MEND has no reason to attack Lagos or any Yoruba land.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sosisi(f): 11:55pm On Jul 14, 2009
I find it difficult to reconcile this very handsome man with beccomerich
Each time I want to dislike his guts,I look at his picture and forgive him
how can such a handsome man be so off the wall ?

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 12:02am On Jul 15, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

By the way, who are the 45 people that voted for a terrorist attack upon a neutral party?. MEND has no reason to attack Lagos or any Yoruba land.

I am one.The atlas cove belongs to FG and not LASG and it is the depot where majority of 'patriotic' nigerians deposit their imported oil for distribution.The location being in lagos is just a coincidence.What they are targetting is oil installations not yoruba people
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by nuesaweso(f): 12:05am On Jul 15, 2009
udezue:

The Yoruba fools turning this into a tribal thing have once again proven that Yoruba ppl of the South can't be trusted in any struggle. They will bring in their tribal agenda into it and destroy any alliance. MEND did not attack Yoruba ppl. They attacked oil facility situated in Lagos which happens to be in Yoruba land. The oil facilities are their main target not Yoruba ppl just like Biafran troops moved West to defeat Nigerian troops in Lagos in order to free the South of any Northern Nigerian presence the Yoruba leaders introduced their tribal hatred and agenda hence there was no alliance in the South.

History repeating itself. The EAST should simply not count on SWest for any meaningful support. They will join the enemy in a split second as usual.

Udezue needs to be enlightened about this crisis.

MEND said they want to stop exploitation of crude-oil if the Govt does not develop their land. Nobody has problem with that. If you can not develop the ND, why take crude Oil from the land. . .thats easy.

They decided to attack oil facilties to achieve their objective. . .simple, so no exploration from ND

Now, how does that concern a Jetty that is independent of ND's oil explorationsince it does not receive crude-oil from the ND but refined products from whereever??

Now, you have suddenly dug up Biafran War as analogy. . .Did you know that Biafra forces had to overrun a number of villages before getting to and taking over Lagos? or were they just going to Lagos without aggression?

Now imagine people saying "awon Igbo ti nkogun bo oo" meaning the Igbos are coming with the aggression of war and you expect people not to defend themselves because you want to take over Lagos?

Well the excuse then was that Lagos was the FCT. . .so is Lagos still the FCT?

People in the SouthWest are holding their leadership responsible and we expect other people to do the same.

Fashola has continued to open up Lagos to all and sundry and we still question him freely on some of his actions. Or are you not aware of the Ekiti and Ondo elections and how desperate people were to make sure their votes counted? And dont tell me you dont know about Ogun State's Daniel and all the accusations  and counter-accusations all in the name of good governance?

Again I still stand that the Lagos attack is a tribal attack and if you understand the art of war, you would know why they need to paralyse the South West (Yorubas).
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by naijaking1: 12:06am On Jul 15, 2009
debosky:

@ naijaking1

Isn't the problem all down to the 'primodium' of tribe? So corruption is inevitably down to it as well! Tribes!  undecided

Some of you will force the issue of global warming and climate change into a tribal box if it is possible.  sad
You can make as much irrelevant jokes about tribe as you want, but there're very few national malaise you can think about without having enough historical tribal justification for it.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Abagworo(m): 12:09am On Jul 15, 2009
becoomrich:

udeze who have join the energy. nobody have join anything. we have to think first before acting. biafra is not possible , so is the niger delta dream. they can be crushed easy.

abagwworo do you know how much the lagos state govt pump into filling sand. let bayelsa govt do the same. abi you think say that yar adua dey fill eko atlantic.?

With 100% resource control,that will be easy.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 12:17am On Jul 15, 2009
[size=24pt]yorubaman
@Becoomrich or Becoompoor

Why don't you and your family move to Benin Republic right now, what are you waiting for? I put my life on it, you are not a Yoruba by blood; just a bastard and enemy in disguise!
Are you kidding me? You mean the destruction made by MEND is justified in your own perspective? If yes you would be clown of the highest level.
If MEND wants to carry out its mission, why not using the leaders of that region? Starting from traditional rulers up to government officials from that region. When EFCC indicted Alammasiga, the same people were crying loud and when he was released, he was received with pop and pageantry. Now, Government has returned all his looting money back to Bayelsa State and nobody grumbles ooo.

hahhaa[/size]
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 15, 2009
just like Biafran troops moved West to defeat Nigerian troops in Lagos in order to free the South of any Northern Nigerian presence

Did you know that Biafra forces had to overrun a number of villages before getting to and taking over Lagos?

with some of these Guinea negroes, rational thought is a pipe dream.

Of course people can fly to Lagos without touching any village on the way there. Dont Africans boast of unsurpassed witchcraft powers?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 12:20am On Jul 15, 2009
Well the excuse then was that Lagos was the FCT. . .so is Lagos still the FCT?

People in the SouthWest are holding their leadership responsible and we expect other people to do the same.

Fashola has continued to open up Lagos to all and sundry and we still question him freely on some of his actions. Or are you not aware of the Ekiti and Ondo elections and how desperate people were to make sure their votes counted? And dont tell me you dont know about Ogun State's Daniel and all the accusations  and counter-accusations all in the name of good governance?

Again I still stand that the Lagos attack is a tribal attack and if you understand the art of war, you would know why they need to paralyse the South West (Yorubas).

lagos was never yoruba asset and will never be

it is a nigerian asset, built and funded by nigeria oil money which was the reason is was the former capital

yes i think at this point in time, it in the interest of the yorubas that love to delude themsekves to wake up
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 15, 2009
ikeyman00:

it is a nigerian asset, built and funded by nigeria oil money which was the reason is was the former capital

yes i think at this point in time, it in the interest of the yorubas that love to delude themsekves to wake up

hope you checked the postage stamp collection earlier on this thread or did that fly over your big head as usual?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 12:24am On Jul 15, 2009
fashola open lagos for all

the same way every other state open up for all

so in the yrs 2009 the most tribalistic tribe are still stuck on their trait
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 12:25am On Jul 15, 2009
tpia
hope you checked the postage stamp collection earlier on this thread or did that fly over your big head as usual?

sorri for mistaken me for ur boyfrd

take it back

thanks ulgy as always in the hide
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 15, 2009
ikeyman00:

tpia
sorri for mistaken me for ur boyfrd

take it back

thanks ulgy

my looks and relationship status or lack of one have nothing to do with your ability to read.

Did you or did you not check that stamp collection, or has your comprehension taken a nosedive.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 12:30am On Jul 15, 2009
well u ve spoken!!

cool

but remember one thing i stand for the truth

nothin more or less

or maybe i misjudge u then

neither way, therent no goin back

for real; we must sort out the diferences, get on and move on?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sley4life(m): 12:33am On Jul 15, 2009
whats the latest now on MEND. Have they flown to Abuja, ive sent some officials to the airport to welcome them
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 12:34am On Jul 15, 2009
hahah
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by nuesaweso(f): 12:36am On Jul 15, 2009
fashola open lagos for all
ikeyman00, Did you actually read my contribution and quoted me or was that from another thread?

ikeyman00:

You have still not told me how the attack was justifiable bros.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 12:40am On Jul 15, 2009
well thinkin

me soon reply on that
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 15, 2009
ikeyman00:

well u ve spoken!!

cool

but remember one thing i stand for the truth

nothin more or less

or maybe i misjudge u then

neither way, therent no goin back

for real; we must sort out the diferences, get on and move on?

I'm quite sure you know your own truth isnt the same as the dictionary definition of truth?

We're all aware truth for some people means the little bridge between their eyes and nose.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 15, 2009
ikeyman00:

well thinkin

me soon reply on that

keep thinking and report back when you're done.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by fayahsoul: 12:49am On Jul 15, 2009
Una dey do everything for reverse.

Look if MEND and OPC/oduduwa(or any other popular yoruba organization that represent yoruba sovereignty) are not in any form of alliance against the FGN then MEND has no jurisdiction  to operate in yoruba land. Period.

Even if they target only FG property it is still another man's land and outsiders need to tread with caution. Respect the land. . .regardless. The means justifies the means. The yorubas have the right to connive with that criminal corporate entity(nigeria) on their on native land. So they choose not to attack a foreign entity that has usurped their land. . .and that's their fate.

MEND has jurisdiction only within ijaw native land. That is where they should focus on and build. If they want to expand their territory through alliance with any other group that is also Ijaw business. Ijaw will do the choosing.

@ becoomstupid,

You sound like a used car sales man.

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 12:50am On Jul 15, 2009
Where does JTF get fuel?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 15, 2009
is hair taking a back seat for now? More important matters cropped up?

see thu na see thru sha.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by nuesaweso(f): 12:54am On Jul 15, 2009
Beaf:

Where does JTF get fuel?

Not sure military boys are on NL
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 12:58am On Jul 15, 2009
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos
« #518 on: Today at 12:49:15 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Una dey do everything for reverse.

Look if MEND and OPC/oduduwa(or any other popular yoruba organization that represent yoruba sovereignty) are not in any form of alliance against the FGN then MEND has no jurisdiction to operate in yoruba land. Period

u cannt be serious!! u have no wahala collectin oil revenue of the delta abi

ur opinion can always be open to debate, in as much as u disagree
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 1:00am On Jul 15, 2009
is hair taking a back seat for now? More important matters cropped up?

see thu na see thru sha.

tpialapian

why do u always believe u can have a go at me; ehu u wana see me bury u for good abi
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 15, 2009
ikeyman00:

tpialapian

why do u always believe u can have a go at me; ehu u wana see me bury u for good abi

bury your mama first.

and I wasnt talking to you, dumbo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Daura, Katsina State (Photos) / Nana Akufo-Addo Tenders Apology For Demolition, Orders Investigation / More Pictures From Labor Party Presidential Rally In Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.