Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

HI I Am Indian - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / HI I Am Indian (12773 Views)

Indian Spiritual Temples And Other Crap / An Indian Tribe That Breastfeed Animals Like Their Own Babies / Hi Everyone, African American Going Home To MAMA AFRICA! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HI I Am Indian by MoonChildng: 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Yes sure . Inbox me your watsapp.
will post here and erase when you have seen it
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
Re: HI I Am Indian by MoonChildng: 8:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
Ok u have to erase it in your quote too
IndianBwoy:

Seen
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2016
MoonChildng:
Ok u have to erase it in your quote too

Done.
Re: HI I Am Indian by MoonChildng: 9:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Done.
Thanks will expect your Whatsapp message
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 9:22pm On Mar 04, 2016
MoonChildng:

Thanks will expect your Whatsapp message

Yes Im just waiting for your number to show up on watsapp. I have 2 contacts from here. Both have not shown up yet.
Re: HI I Am Indian by MoonChildng: 9:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
Alternatively you may send yours like I did mine
IndianBwoy:

Yes Im just waiting for your number to show up on watsapp. I have 2 contacts from here. Both have not shown up yet.
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2016
Re: HI I Am Indian by MoonChildng: 9:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
Seen

1 Like

Re: HI I Am Indian by MoonChildng: 9:34pm On Mar 04, 2016
Sent you a Whatsapp message
IndianBwoy:

1 Like

Re: HI I Am Indian by edenhazard(f): 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
Avispa Fukuoka - Kashiwa Reysol
Under/Over 5.5 goals

Slovenia - Macedonia
Under/Over 5.5 goals

Spvgg Elversberg 07 - Hessen Kassel
Under/Over 5.5 goals

X
Portuguesa FC - Caracas FC
Under/Over 5.5 goals
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 10:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
edenhazard:
how are you indian boy
what does "ne mesti " means in india
is it a form of greeting? smiley

Namaste means "I bow to the divine in you". Because Hindu see God in all of the Creators creations including you me animals plant the sky the air the Sun etc.

Yes I'm Indian.
Re: HI I Am Indian by oluwamitomisin: 1:30am On Mar 05, 2016
I read through your posts and I commend your intelligence. Though I still doubt you're really 19, you know so much than your age. Many your age are wasting time on mundane things, but you're vast in many issues. Kudos.

I must commend your command of English too. I have met Malaysia Indians, their English is terrible, though it's more of a national problem for Malaysia. I met a postdoctoral fellow from India too, he's got very heavy accent I could never comprehend. With your written English, I'm certain you'll be fluent too. Keep it up.

Welcome to seeing Nigeria through nairaland. Do yourself some good learning some slangs of the forum and the Nigerian pidgin English.

Nanri!
Re: HI I Am Indian by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 05, 2016
IndianBwoy:
Hi I am Indian. I'm 19 years old residing in Abu Dhabi. which you people will be familiar with by the general term "Dubai". I believe I deserve a chance.

I have actually been experiencing a peculiar situation. I have friends from different nationality. Wherever I go, when it gets down to joke-fights, people make fun of me because I'm Indian, by terming me/my people as rapist or belong to rapist nation. Now I cannot be rapist can I? I belong to a cultured family. I have never even had a gf-relationship in all my short lifespan, talk less of s.ex or Rape! shocked

So feeling ashamed of being singled out by such an indecent tag, I decided to embark on a quest to search for similar nations around the world who also have high ra.pe cases. So that by finding peoples with whom we share a commonality in custom, I can finally share my suffering rather than bear the brunt all by myself. I then came across Nigeria !

I kept following your news and I realized. Nigeria has rape case everyday. Infact multiple rape cases in a single day at times. I was finally happy. smiley

(Sad at the fate of the victims tho. obviously. horrible what they have to go through. I swear.)

Here was a nation that can finally compete with mine.

I believe I deserve a chance.

I believe I deserve a chance to join Nigerian army to fight against boko haram.

So now I am here on Nairaland fellow Nigerian brother and sister.

Hope I have finally found acceptance.

Everywhere there is a rape cases around the world everyday regardless of ur status in life..but it's up to media if they gonna explode this by reporting it thru air or paper or juz dropped it as if nothing happens...
Some rape cases was juz slipped down to the bin because a lot of victims stayed quiet coz they are vulnerable in all sort of threats..
Now,why India always have this big news abt rape? It's because most victims recently are foreigners..
I remember one time that a local lady of India was raped brutally that her doctors flew her here in Singapore hoping to give her a better chance to live but she lost the battle due to the complications... cry
Re: HI I Am Indian by Peritus(m): 9:38am On Mar 05, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Sorry I beg to disagree. Circumcision is a fundamental law in islam.
I'm sorry for revisiting this issue. In Nigeria, our Muslim brothers don't get circumcised instead. Some cultures practice circumcision, especially in the south. It's not a thing of religion
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 11:30am On Mar 05, 2016
Peritus:

I'm sorry for revisiting this issue. In Nigeria, our Muslim brothers don't get circumcised instead. Some cultures practice circumcision, especially in the south. It's not a thing of religion

Thats strange.
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 11:50am On Mar 05, 2016
oluwamitomisin:
I read through your posts and I commend your intelligence. Though I still doubt you're really 19, you know so much than your age. Many your age are wasting time on mundane things, but you're vast in many issues. Kudos.

I must commend your command of English too. I have met Malaysia Indians, their English is terrible, though it's more of a national problem for Malaysia. I met a postdoctoral fellow from India too, he's got very heavy accent I could never comprehend. With your written English, I'm certain you'll be fluent too. Keep it up.

Welcome to seeing Nigeria through nairaland. Do yourself some good learning some slangs of the forum and the Nigerian pidgin English.

Nanri!

Thanks brother for the feedback. Well im 19 so that makes me an adult nah. Anyways ive learnt politics at the feet of my parents. Ive been accustomed to following news channels with them.

As for the language I guess thats coz from a tender age my parents always gifted me books for my birthday or if dey travelled and returned. My first book I remember was an awesome encyclopedia with real pics n stuff. Had a database of 1000s of animals. It really got me into animals which i maintain to date.

The main reason I guess is because i learnt English before my native tongue. I remember when my parents used to convers3 in our native tongue, Id ask them why you both are fighting and theyd reply its just how the language sounds. I learnt my native tongue from my grandmother with whom I spent 4 years after my parents were dispersed abroad.

Yes pidgin is my aim. One a the coolest slangs i know. Its really fluid.

1 Like

Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 11:52am On Mar 05, 2016
KashyBaby:

Everywhere there is a rape cases around the world everyday regardless of ur status in life..but it's up to media if they gonna explode this by reporting it thru air or paper or juz dropped it as if nothing happens...
Some rape cases was juz slipped down to the bin because a lot of victims stayed quiet coz they are vulnerable in all sort of threats..
Now,why India always have this big news abt rape? It's because most victims recently are foreigners..
I remember one time that a local lady of India was raped brutally that her doctors flew her here in Singapore hoping to give her a better chance to live but she lost the battle due to the complications... cry

India has big news about rape coz we have loads if media channels who keep bringing such issues to the fore. Unlike in Northern Nigeria and islamic countries where rape remains unreported for fear of a backlash from society.

Also most rape cases involve locals not foreigners although thw foreigners get more media coverage.

Yes that was horrible. One of the rapists hanged himself in jail. The juvenile in that group was let off lightly i guess.
Re: HI I Am Indian by abdulkayus(m): 12:36pm On Mar 05, 2016
Peritus:

Hey dude, u all get it wrong. Maybe u have brainwash by the haters that always proclaim that Muslims are not circumcised, that is danger of a single story. Whenever I see that writeup, I always cringe at the hypocrisy of the writer. FYI, just as what indianbowy told u, circumcision is a fundamental law among thr Muslims, it is a compulsory practise.
Get informed
Re: HI I Am Indian by Peritus(m): 1:12pm On Mar 05, 2016
abdulkayus:

Hey dude, u all get it wrong. Maybe u have brainwash by the haters that always proclaim that Muslims are not circumcised, that is danger of a single story. Whenever I see that writeup, I always cringe at the hypocrisy of the writer. FYI, just as what indianbowy told u, circumcision is a fundamental law among thr Muslims, it is a compulsory practise.
Get informed
I may be wrong then. Are you a Nigerian? Are you sure all Muslims, especially the Hausa ones practice it? I live in the northern part though. Teach me
Re: HI I Am Indian by abdulkayus(m): 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
Peritus:

I may be wrong then. Are you a Nigerian? Are you sure all Muslims, especially the Hausa ones practice it? I live in the northern part though. Teach me

Check my moniker, am a fully Nigerian and I also live in the north. The issue of Muslims not doing circumcision is a propaganda from the other side and they use it to abuse the muslims especially the northerners. But it is all false cos circumcision is a fundamental part of Islam. Islam see it as part of cleanliness to be circumcise. It is only in some yearssss back that the northerners don't circumcise their male child on time till like at 5, 6,7 or 8 years. It is like a tradition and they have a name for it. But that practice has reduce drastically and there is no adult male muslims that is not circumcise.
Re: HI I Am Indian by isalegan2: 6:55pm On Mar 05, 2016
Sctests:

Sorry to cut in... but nigerian muslims do not circumcize. Male Circumcision is part of the Igbo tradition.
Igbo of Eastern Nigeria circumcise their male children on the 7th day. Circumcision protects against penile infections.

IndianBwoy:

Sorry I beg to disagree. Circumcision is a fundamental law in islam.

Sctests,

It is a FACT that all male Muslims, like male Jews, are circumcised as infants. Also, most African tradition, ESPECIALLY WEST AFRICAN, impose male circumcision as a custom and a rite of passage. So, Nigerians who are also Muslims are required by tradition and religion to meet this requirement.

Ignorance can foment hatred. Please understand and accept that despite (imported) religious differences and so-called Western values, all African/Black peoples are brothers and sisters! Yes, the Pan-Africanist mindset is very necessary. Peace.
Re: HI I Am Indian by Ihuomadinihu: 1:28pm On Mar 06, 2016
This is quite ridiculous and absurd. You are happy that you discovered that rape and sexual violation of women is on the high side in Nigeria.
Which yardstick and criteria did you use in discovering this? Or did you see a mention of one or two cases and you concluded that Nigerians are rapists? If you say some Nigerians are corrupt,i will agree with you because Nigerians are suffering from the consequences of corruption and greed of past administrations. But Nigerians are no rapists.
It's even more ridiculous that you chose to compare Nigeria to India.
I'm sorry,there is no reason and basis for comparison.
India's rape cases is not a modern phenomenon,it can be traced back to the early days of the Brahmin priest and their imposition of caste systems all over india.
In both ancient and modern India, Virgin girls were dedicated in local temples to serve as prosstitutes and cater for the sexual needs of the Landlords and other Rich men in the society. These girls popularly called Devadasi,Jogini,Basivi, Matangi etc are deflowed at an early age and were forced to live as *Pros** within the temple forever. Apart from that,they learn how to dance Odissi and Bharatnatyam to entertain their customers.
Eventhough this practise has been outlawed,it still lives on different parts of India especially in Southern India.
As if that is not enough,there are the Dalits who are the lowly dark caste usually secluded in the mountains,deserts and rural areas.
These untouchables are subjected to all forms of dehumanization including tortue and Rape. A lot of the girls from these secluded caste are violated by men of the lower caste.
As if that is not enough, Foreign women are also target of rapist.
Indias case is not just about Raping women,it is rooted in an old tradition,it's man's wickedness to his fellow man and it has refused to go away.

Coming back to Nigeria,how many rape cases do you hear each day and week? Fine! There maybe such cases in the North but that is not a yardstick for judging all parts of Nigeria. If you are conversant with Nigeria,you would notice the wide difference between Northern and Southern Nigeria especially in Culture and Religion. Rape cases and forced marriages in Northern Nigeria doesn't mean that same occur in the South. I'm Igbo Nigerian and in my culture,girls are valued and encouraged to attain the highest level of education because we believe that an informed woman has more to contribute to the family and Nigeria at large. Where women are not educated,they are encouraged to aquire skills,because we don't tolerate laziness and wait on a man hands and foot.
Women are not maltreated and forced to marry an Old expired man in Southern Nigeria.
Southern Nigerians are more liberal and free and we are not subjected to any extreme religious laws. We don't have Purdah and Harlem where girls are captured and raped by men.
There is no way the situation in Northern Nigeria is applicable to the entire Nation.
Instead of focusing on rape as a similarity between Nigeria and India,it will do you good if you focus on the cultural and religious similarities between both Nations.
Projecting your flawed perception on the whole Nation is quite absurd.

5 Likes

Re: HI I Am Indian by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
Another rape incidence from the "rape capital"
http://news.yahoo.com/indian-teenager-dies-being-raped-set-fire-064616389.html

Are indian men sex obsessed or what?

IndianBwoy:
Hi I am Indian. I'm 19 years old residing in Abu Dhabi. which you people will be familiar with by the general term "Dubai". I believe I deserve a chance.

I have actually been experiencing a peculiar situation. I have friends from different nationality. Wherever I go, when it gets down to joke-fights, people make fun of me because I'm Indian, by terming me/my people as rapist or belong to rapist nation. Now I cannot be rapist can I? I belong to a cultured family. I have never even had a gf-relationship in all my short lifespan, talk less of s.ex or Rape! shocked

So feeling ashamed of being singled out by such an indecent tag, I decided to embark on a quest to search for similar nations around the world who also have high ra.pe cases. So that by finding peoples with whom we share a commonality in custom, I can finally share my suffering rather than bear the brunt all by myself. I then came across Nigeria !

I kept following your news and I realized. Nigeria has rape case everyday. Infact multiple rape cases in a single day at times. I was finally happy. smiley

(Sad at the fate of the victims tho. obviously. horrible what they have to go through. I swear.)

Here was a nation that can finally compete with mine.

I believe I deserve a chance.

I believe I deserve a chance to join Nigerian army to fight against boko haram.

So now I am here on Nairaland fellow Nigerian brother and sister.

Hope I have finally found acceptance.
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 2:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
TheTransformer:
Another rape incidence from the "rape capital"
http://news.yahoo.com/indian-teenager-dies-being-raped-set-fire-064616389.html

Are indian men sex obsessed or what?

Meanwhile 40 farmers have been dispatched in Nigeria: https://www.nairaland.com/2979360/fulani-herdsmen-kill-40-farmers
Re: HI I Am Indian by uckennety(m): 10:39pm On Mar 09, 2016
I thk I lyk you! Hrd From yogesh and sumit that Indians attack any black immigrate that tries to woe any of your. Girls in indian?
Re: HI I Am Indian by Nobody: 1:53am On Mar 10, 2016
Sctests:

Sorry to cut in... but nigerian muslims do not circumcize. Male Circumcision is part of the Igbo tradition.
Igbo of Eastern Nigeria circumcise their male children on the 7th day. Circumcision protects against penile infections.

Imbe.cile

2 Likes

Re: HI I Am Indian by Nobody: 1:59am On Mar 10, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:
This is quite ridiculous and absurd. You are happy that you discovered that rape and sexual violation of women is on the high side in Nigeria.
Which yardstick and criteria did you use in discovering this? Or did you see a mention of one or two cases and you concluded that Nigerians are rapists? If you say some Nigerians are corrupt,i will agree with you because Nigerians are suffering from the consequences of corruption and greed of past administrations. But Nigerians are no rapists.
It's even more ridiculous that you chose to compare Nigeria to India.
I'm sorry,there is no reason and basis for comparison.
India's rape cases is not a modern phenomenon,it can be traced back to the early days of the Brahmin priest and their imposition of caste systems all over india.
In both ancient and modern India, Virgin girls were dedicated in local temples to serve as prosstitutes and cater for the sexual needs of the Landlords and other Rich men in the society. These girls popularly called Devadasi,Jogini,Basivi, Matangi etc are deflowed at an early age and were forced to live as *Pros** within the temple forever. Apart from that,they learn how to dance Odissi and Bharatnatyam to entertain their customers.
Eventhough this practise has been outlawed,it still lives on different parts of India especially in Southern India.
As if that is not enough,there are the Dalits who are the lowly dark caste usually secluded in the mountains,deserts and rural areas.
These untouchables are subjected to all forms of dehumanization including tortue and Rape. A lot of the girls from these secluded caste are violated by men of the lower caste.
As if that is not enough, Foreign women are also target of rapist.
Indias case is not just about Raping women,it is rooted in an old tradition,it's man's wickedness to his fellow man and it has refused to go away.

Coming back to Nigeria,how many rape cases do you hear each day and week? Fine! There maybe such cases in the North but that is not a yardstick for judging all parts of Nigeria. If you are conversant with Nigeria,you would notice the wide difference between Northern and Southern Nigeria especially in Culture and Religion. Rape cases and forced marriages in Northern Nigeria doesn't mean that same occur in the South. I'm Igbo Nigerian and in my culture,girls are valued and encouraged to attain the highest level of education because we believe that an informed woman has more to contribute to the family and Nigeria at large. Where women are not educated,they are encouraged to aquire skills,because we don't tolerate laziness and wait on a man hands and foot.
Women are not maltreated and forced to marry an Old expired man in Southern Nigeria.
Southern Nigerians are more liberal and free and we are not subjected to any extreme religious laws. We don't have Purdah and Harlem where girls are captured and raped by men.
There is no way the situation in Northern Nigeria is applicable to the entire Nation.
Instead of focusing on rape as a similarity between Nigeria and India,it will do you good if you focus on the cultural and religious similarities between both Nations.
Projecting your flawed perception on the whole Nation is quite absurd.

You started off well, then you became a hypocrite! "underage marriage" is different from rape. And when it comes to r.ape, that's your business, not ours. I was born and lived in Northern Nigeria all my life and I have never heard of any case of rape, not that it doesn't happen but that's how rare it is, can you say the same? Even here you southerners carry your mentality abroad, now they think All Nigerians are rapists but 100 percent of them are from the south. So i think you mean it's unfair to project the imperfections of the south and Southern Nigerians on the whole Nigeria. But just so you know, I'd prefer a girl gets married straight out of secondary school and pursue knowledge afterwards as it happens in most cases in the North (she picks the husband btw) than for our women to become har.lots and trollops like most of your women are. No offense but it's a fact.

1 Like

Re: HI I Am Indian by Nobody: 2:02am On Mar 10, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Meanwhile 40 farmers have been dispatched in Nigeria: https://www.nairaland.com/2979360/fulani-herdsmen-kill-40-farmers

Even here, Indians are the third majority and they have some what of a reputation when it comes to ra.pe. Admit it, you have a problem, that's the first step of solving the problem. Besides I heard you have this festival where ra.pe is allowed, not an insult, just an honest question?
Re: HI I Am Indian by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 10, 2016
IndianBwoy:

India has big news about rape coz we have loads if media channels who keep bringing such issues to the fore. Unlike in Northern Nigeria and islamic countries where rape remains unreported for fear of a backlash from society.

Also most rape cases involve locals not foreigners although thw foreigners get more media coverage.

Yes that was horrible. One of the rapists hanged himself in jail. The juvenile in that group was let off lightly i guess.

Ooh this ignorance again! For God's sake rape is not an issue in Northern Nigeria! Just go online and check all rape cases coming out of Nigeria it's not the north! Do you know what happens to rapists if found in the north? Even if you escape the cruel justice the outlawry and repulsion set on you and your family is enough. We take great pride in our family name and reputation. Please don't shoot off your cannon when you're utterly clueless as to our affairs.

Maybe in some muslim countries, but rape has always been repulsive and frowned upon in the north, even before bagauda planted his staff and though our ancient religion has gone into a comatose, our values still remain.
Re: HI I Am Indian by Nobody: 2:15am On Mar 10, 2016
https://www.naij.com/332947-rape-nigeria-shocking-truth.html

These are all southern states.

http://pulse.ng/gist/shame-35-yr-old-nigerian-arrested-for-raping-15-yr-old-girl-in-vietnam-id4238772.html

Here's another of your brothers dragging our name through the mud abroad

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/delhi/3-Nigerians-caught-for-raping-19-year-old/articleshow/50386805.cms

Heck they're doing it in India. More southerners btw. Isn't it shameful when they try to pin this on us?

Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 4:57am On Mar 10, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Even here, Indians are the third majority and they have some what of a reputation when it comes to ra.pe. Admit it, you have a problem, that's the first step of solving the problem. Besides I heard you have this festival where ra.pe is allowed, not an insult, just an honest question?

No there is no such festival. Wtf. This is too much now. angry

And i hear of r.ape from Nigeria everyday. Just following the Nairaland frontpage is enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Ancient Ibibio People / List Of Orisha Deities And Spiritual Power. / 8 Historical Reasons Why Ijaw claim to Ndoki Is Baseless.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.