Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,463 members, 7,954,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:59 AM

HI I Am Indian - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / HI I Am Indian (13247 Views)

Indian Spiritual Temples And Other Crap / An Indian Tribe That Breastfeed Animals Like Their Own Babies / Hi Everyone, African American Going Home To MAMA AFRICA! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 4:58am On Mar 10, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Ooh this ignorance again! For God's sake rape is not an issue in Northern Nigeria! Just go online and check all rape cases coming out of Nigeria it's not the north! Do you know what happens to rapists if found in the north? Even if you escape the cruel justice the outlawry and repulsion set on you and your family is enough. We take great pride in our family name and reputation. Please don't shoot off your cannon when you're utterly clueless as to our affairs.

Maybe in some muslim countries, but rape has always been repulsive and frowned upon in the north, even before bagauda planted his staff and though our ancient religion has gone into a comatose, our values still remain.

But then wat was this recent Ese Oruru case and the Chibok girls. And the child marriages that are forced. Arent these all r.ape?
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 5:01am On Mar 10, 2016
uckennety:
I thk I lyk you! Hrd From yogesh and sumit that Indians attack any black immigrate that tries to woe any of your. Girls in indian?

Not just black immigrant.xanyone who tries to woo our sisters we will attack them.
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 5:03am On Mar 10, 2016
VomeSchakleton:
https://www.naij.com/332947-rape-nigeria-shocking-truth.html

These are all southern states.

http://pulse.ng/gist/shame-35-yr-old-nigerian-arrested-for-raping-15-yr-old-girl-in-vietnam-id4238772.html

Here's another of your brothers dragging our name through the mud abroad

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/delhi/3-Nigerians-caught-for-raping-19-year-old/articleshow/50386805.cms

Heck they're doing it in India. More southerners btw. Isn't it shameful when they try to pin this on us?

Hmm i get you now. So i guess Southern Nigerians are kore frequently knvolved in rape because of their open culture.
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 5:06am On Mar 10, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:
This is quite ridiculous and absurd. You are happy that you discovered that rape and sexual violation of women is on the high side in Nigeria.
Which yardstick and criteria did you use in discovering this? Or did you see a mention of one or two cases and you concluded that Nigerians are rapists? If you say some Nigerians are corrupt,i will agree with you because Nigerians are suffering from the consequences of corruption and greed of past administrations. But Nigerians are no rapists.
It's even more ridiculous that you chose to compare Nigeria to India.
I'm sorry,there is no reason and basis for comparison.
India's rape cases is not a modern phenomenon,it can be traced back to the early days of the Brahmin priest and their imposition of caste systems all over india.
In both ancient and modern India, Virgin girls were dedicated in local temples to serve as prosstitutes and cater for the sexual needs of the Landlords and other Rich men in the society. These girls popularly called Devadasi,Jogini,Basivi, Matangi etc are deflowed at an early age and were forced to live as *Pros** within the temple forever. Apart from that,they learn how to dance Odissi and Bharatnatyam to entertain their customers.
Eventhough this practise has been outlawed,it still lives on different parts of India especially in Southern India.
As if that is not enough,there are the Dalits who are the lowly dark caste usually secluded in the mountains,deserts and rural areas.
These untouchables are subjected to all forms of dehumanization including tortue and Rape. A lot of the girls from these secluded caste are violated by men of the lower caste.
As if that is not enough, Foreign women are also target of rapist.
Indias case is not just about Raping women,it is rooted in an old tradition,it's man's wickedness to his fellow man and it has refused to go away.

Coming back to Nigeria,how many rape cases do you hear each day and week? Fine! There maybe such cases in the North but that is not a yardstick for judging all parts of Nigeria. If you are conversant with Nigeria,you would notice the wide difference between Northern and Southern Nigeria especially in Culture and Religion. Rape cases and forced marriages in Northern Nigeria doesn't mean that same occur in the South. I'm Igbo Nigerian and in my culture,girls are valued and encouraged to attain the highest level of education because we believe that an informed woman has more to contribute to the family and Nigeria at large. Where women are not educated,they are encouraged to aquire skills,because we don't tolerate laziness and wait on a man hands and foot.
Women are not maltreated and forced to marry an Old expired man in Southern Nigeria.
Southern Nigerians are more liberal and free and we are not subjected to any extreme religious laws. We don't have Purdah and Harlem where girls are captured and raped by men.
There is no way the situation in Northern Nigeria is applicable to the entire Nation.
Instead of focusing on rape as a similarity between Nigeria and India,it will do you good if you focus on the cultural and religious similarities between both Nations.
Projecting your flawed perception on the whole Nation is quite absurd.

Gang r.ape case in Nigeria today:https://www.nairaland.com/2980827/3-men-arrested-gang-raping-woman

https://www.nairaland.com/2981040/pastor-jailed-after-raping-7

Btw devdasi system is extinct and dalits are all coming up now. U untouchabilitiy and blatant casteism is extinct today in India. We have reverse casteism today where lower castes are getting all govt. Benifits in govt jobs and education sector through the ugly reservation system. Our socio political scenario has changed.
Re: HI I Am Indian by uckennety(m): 7:06am On Mar 10, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Not just black immigrant.xanyone who tries to woo our sisters we will attack them.

But y?don't u woe blacks
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 7:18am On Mar 10, 2016
uckennety:

But y?don't u woe blacks

I said its not about skin color. Any1 even if its an Indian who woo our sister we will attack them.

Such an act is seen as insult and dishonor in India and the Arab world.
Re: HI I Am Indian by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 10, 2016
IndianBwoy:

No there is no such festival. Wtf. This is too much now. angry

And i hear of r.ape from Nigeria everyday. Just following the Nairaland frontpage is enough.

Apparently it's a hoax, not my fault.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://newsexaminer.net/world/new-delhi-rape-festival-one-million-first-prize/&ved=0ahUKEwiRmYS7xrXLAhWH26YKHZkUC9wQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNEJL1We-nm2PFxJlyvAEF3lhPfzuw&sig2=OMCqqRKLUBQFmJg9ZCX-qA
Re: HI I Am Indian by uckennety(m): 8:05am On Mar 10, 2016
IndianBwoy:

I said its not about skin color. Any1 even if its an Indian who woo our sister we will attack them.

Aw do I marry an indian or an Arabian cuz i'll luv to marry one!
Re: HI I Am Indian by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 10, 2016
IndianBwoy:

But then wat was this recent Ese Oruru case and the Chibok girls. And the child marriages that are forced. Arent these all r.ape?

Lol! If you believe a girl can be transported for miles without her consent you can call that Ra.pe. However it is a crime he should be prosecuted for, he took advantage of an innocent little girl in the guise of love. I do admit child marriages can is an issue in the north amongst the illiterates. There's a difference between statutory ra.pe (which differs in definition by country) and plain old Ra.pe.
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 8:16am On Mar 10, 2016
uckennety:

Aw do I marry an indian or an Arabian cuz i'll luv to marry one!

You will have to search for rare cases. My tribe is impossible tho. We dont marry other caste or tribes even if they are Hindu. For get other nationality.

But you may be able to find but not cultures ones.
Re: HI I Am Indian by uckennety(m): 10:54am On Mar 10, 2016
IndianBwoy:

You will have to search for rare cases. My tribe is impossible tho. We dont marry other caste or tribes even if they are Hindu. For get other nationality.

But you may be able to find but not cultures ones.

Can you help?
Re: HI I Am Indian by Ihuomadinihu: 10:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Gang r.ape case in Nigeria today:https://www.nairaland.com/2980827/3-men-arrested-gang-raping-woman

https://www.nairaland.com/2981040/pastor-jailed-after-raping-7

Btw devdasi system is extinct and dalits are all coming up now. U untouchabilitiy and blatant casteism is extinct today in India. We have reverse casteism today where lower castes are getting all govt. Benifits in govt jobs and education sector through the ugly reservation system. Our socio political scenario has changed.
Unfortunately,you can't use one or two cases of rape in Nigeria to make a comparison of a lifestyle that is older than the indian nation. Devadasi is well alive in India.

1 Like

Re: HI I Am Indian by Ihuomadinihu: 10:28pm On Mar 11, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

You started off well, then you became a hypocrite! "underage marriage" is different from rape. And when it comes to r.ape, that's your business, not ours. I was born and lived in Northern Nigeria all my life and I have never heard of any case of rape, not that it doesn't happen but that's how rare it is, can you say the same? Even here you southerners carry your mentality abroad, now they think All Nigerians are rapists but 100 percent of them are from the south. So i think you mean it's unfair to project the imperfections of the south and Southern Nigerians on the whole Nigeria. But just so you know, I'd prefer a girl gets married straight out of secondary school and pursue knowledge afterwards as it happens in most cases in the North (she picks the husband btw) than for our women to become har.lots and trollops like most of your women are. No offense but it's a fact.
I can't sugar coat the situation in Northern Nigeria. Whether it is rape,or kidnapping of little girls for sexual pleasure or under age marriage...they are all Violence against women and should be abolished.

1 Like

Re: HI I Am Indian by MainHerioneHoon(f): 2:00am On Mar 12, 2016
I think IndianBwoy is a racist troll who came on to Nairaland just to make himself feel better because his feelings were hurt by people calling him a rapist but I am gonna start following him because I like trouble makers.
Re: HI I Am Indian by MainHerioneHoon(f): 2:01am On Mar 12, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:

I can't sugar coat the situation in Northern Nigeria. Whether it is rape,or kidnapping of little girls for sexual pleasure or under age marriage...they are all Violence against women and should be abolished.

Off topic but I wanted to say Hey Guurrrl we still love and miss you in the zee world thread.
Re: HI I Am Indian by Nobody: 3:57am On Mar 12, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:

No one is asking you to, but just try to be honest and straight forward, call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 11:23am On Mar 12, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:

Unfortunately,you can't use one or two cases of rape in Nigeria to make a comparison of a lifestyle that is older than the indian nation. Devadasi is well alive in India.

One or two?

Do you want me to tag you everyday?
If you are ready let me kjow.

Please what devdasi? There is no such thing theae days. Its almost dead. No one does these medieval practices in India today. Show me any recent post pertaining to the issue. It was banned during british times itself. South Indians are very educated these days and have high literacy.

Atleast we dont send our girls to Libya for prostitution racket.
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
MainHerioneHoon:
I think IndianBwoy is a racist troll who came on to Nairaland just to make himself feel better because his feelings were hurt by people calling him a rapist but I am gonna start following him because I like trouble makers.

Some of You people are more racist than me
Re: HI I Am Indian by Nobody: 5:32am On Mar 13, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Some of You people are more racist than me

so you admit you ARE racist
Re: HI I Am Indian by Angelou(m): 6:58am On Mar 13, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Yes same like African. we have so much in common.

After all it wrong to mutilate God-given body parts .

only muslim circumcize in India.
from which source did you learn dat africans don't circumcise? if not until now that is has been outlawed, female circumcision (clitoral cutting) was rampant in some parts of midwestern nigeria (among the binis to be precise). and research has proved that uncircumcised males stands a higher risk of contacting STDs than their circumcised counterparts because the hood (foreskin) of the penis can serve as a condusive breeding ground for harmful microbes...
in fact body mutilation is not an excuse for not circumcising, ear-piercing and nose-piercing are also forms of mutilation but still indian females enjoys having them
Re: HI I Am Indian by Angelou(m): 7:08am On Mar 13, 2016
indianbwoy what class of people are refered to as "harejan", or the "untouchables"
Re: HI I Am Indian by Angelou(m): 7:14am On Mar 13, 2016
IndianBwoy:

then how do u guys go about getting wives if u are not allowed to woo (propose ur love) ladies, do u guys get betrothed from birth?
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 7:16am On Mar 13, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

so you admit you ARE racist

Show me 1 person who is not racist.

Im not racist in a hatred manner per say. But i may generalize on anthropological basis regarding ethnic/tribal traits.
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 7:20am On Mar 13, 2016
Angelou:
from which source did you learn dat africans don't circumcise? if not until now that is has been outlawed, female circumcision (clitoral cutting) was rampant in some parts of midwestern nigeria (among the binis to be precise). and research has proved that uncircumcised males stands a higher risk of contacting STDs than their circumcised counterparts because the hood (foreskin) of the penis can serve as a condusive breeding ground for harmful microbes...
in fact body mutilation is not an excuse for not circumcising, ear-piercing and nose-piercing are also forms of mutilation but still indian females enjoys having them

Tribes in Ethiopia, South Sudan, Nuba mountains, parts of Adamawa Nigeria, and many other ethnic groups traditionally never circumcised.

Also that std thing is a myth. Anyone having unprotected intercourse is exposed to std. Infact it isi all a matter of personaly hygeine. People who dont clean their uncircumcised parts or those who engage in se.xual romps are likely to have disease.

Piercing does not remove the body part. In circumcision you are eemoving vital skin containjng several nerve endings. The foreskin also acts as a protective sheath for the internal parts.
Re: HI I Am Indian by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 13, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Show me 1 person who is not racist.

Im not racist in a hatred manner per say. But i may generalize on anthropological basis regarding ethnic/tribal traits.

The fact that you're willingly to openly say that makes you exactly that. But I don't think racism is what brought you here. I think attention is what you crave, Something you sure as hell won't be getting from me after this.
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 7:23am On Mar 13, 2016
Angelou:
indianbwoy what class of people are refered to as "harejan", or the "untouchables"

Harijan is a term given by Gandhi to former untouchables . It means "Gods peoples". Eitherways the term is defunct. These days all former harijans are clubbed with other non untouchable castes under the term "Scheduled castes", "Dalit", etc.

The untouchables were of two types. One was those engaged in menial jobs related to sanitation or scavenging. The other were those born out of intercaste wedlock or who polluted their caste status in any way.
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 7:26am On Mar 13, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

The fact that you're willingly to openly say that makes you exactly that. But I don't think racism is what brought you here. I think attention is what you crave, Something you sure as hell won't be getting from me after this.

I think you are a simpleton who cannot reason like a normal human being. I know my capacity and im straightforward with what i am. Go read what i wrote once again. You yourself showed racist tendencies in the debate between northerners and southerners.

Who are you ? I dont know who you are . What is your achievement in life? You are just another anonymous online.

I dont give a rats arse about your attention. I pay my internet bills and im here for some fun. Kindly piss off.

1 Like

Re: HI I Am Indian by Angelou(m): 8:09am On Mar 13, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Tribes in Ethiopia, South Sudan, Nuba mountains, parts of Adamawa Nigeria, and many other ethnic groups traditionally never circumcised.

Also that std thing is a myth. Anyone having unprotected intercourse is exposed to std. Infact it isi all a matter of personaly hygeine. People who dont clean their uncircumcised parts or those who engage in se.xual romps are likely to have disease.

Piercing does not remove the body part. In circumcision you are eemoving vital skin containjng several nerve endings. The foreskin also acts as a protective sheath for the internal parts.
check out this wikipedia article on circumcision https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision
as for ethiopians not practicing circumcision, i think thats an erroneous assertion. the abyssinians are coptic christians mostly and dont take xtian rites with laxity
the tribes of adamawa you mentioned and the nomadic fulbe do circumcise their folk but at an older age just before marriage
Re: HI I Am Indian by IndianBwoy(m): 8:22am On Mar 13, 2016
Angelou:
check out this wikipedia article on circumcision https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision
as for ethiopians not practicing circumcision, i think thats an erroneous assertion. the abyssinians are coptic christians mostly and dont take xtian rites with laxity
the tribes of adamawa you mentioned and the nomadic fulbe do circumcise their folk but at an older age just before marriage

Im ckearly not referring to Abyssinians.

Im reforing the nilotic tribes of Ethiopia like the Hamer etc.

And the tribes of Adamawa are the Kirdi Pagan tribes of the mountains. They dont circumcise. Fulani will because they are muslims.
Re: HI I Am Indian by Angelou(m): 8:36am On Mar 13, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Im ckearly not referring to Abyssinians.

Im reforing the nilotic tribes of Ethiopia like the Hamer etc.

And the tribes of Adamawa are the Kirdi Pagan tribes of the mountains. They dont circumcise. Fulani will because they are muslims.
theses stock of people u made reference to are just minute compoments of africa, and therefore you can't induce that all africans behave in such ways.
Re: HI I Am Indian by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 13, 2016
Angelou:
theses stock of people u made reference to are just minute compoments of africa, and therefore you can't induce that all africans behave in such ways.

lol! he doesnt know anything, just googles shiit to prevent him from looking like the dimwit he is. lool! mountains of adamawa, smh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Typical Traditional Marriage List In Igboland (expo) / The Igbos Of Bonny- Igbodefender.com / Alaafin Begs Aliko Dangote To Extend Employment Generation Drive To Oyo Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.