Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,377 members, 7,812,097 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Fashola Warns Mend - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Warns Mend (22630 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 24, 2009
ikeyman00:

iluguinfool
presdo

u suprised this is popin out from oduduwa himself, seriously ikeyman never said igbos are better than yoruba but what we are sayin the trait is not good for nigeria

if i was u presido i wouldnt even waste my time on folks like him, koni koni, i cant be touched, if u like consult the nearest babalawo, the truth will keep surface

there was even a time, he tried his oduduwa trait on me, hmmm koni koni, then it failed , he then derailed the thread by writing in yoruba-juju lingo,it failed, he then opened another thread in off-topic section, i distroyed that thread, he tried to drag seun on things through his juju lingo, it didnt work

now look at the last and desperate attempt from the most eduacted human being in the earth

hahhahha

na 2day

Why call me a fool? angry. Everyday you keep proving to everyone on N/L the type of upbringing you had. Let this be the last time you will ever bring me into your conversation and never in your life type ma screen name.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by GOZILLA(m): 11:13am On Jul 24, 2009
@ilugunboy Abuja has no oil facility!But attackin lagos was takin things too far!if u hv been to the N delta u will close ur mouth grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 2:08am On Jul 25, 2009
b
ikeyman00:

as far back as when the atom busted abi

the igbos has be worshippin via masqurades, hmmm

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/757032/African-art/57131/Nigeria

yorujuju-for where

it either yall with us or not

all these hates aint go prevail at all at all ooo
@ikea-man00 or Irk-man zero zero or Irate-man odo odo

I won’t even show to the world the chinks in your hammer and the skeleton in your closet, if you would have stopped all your stupidity earlier on. If you still got more facts that Igbo people own Ife and Ifa pass it on. I am still poising on the block what’s good; but I bet, you ain’t gonna throw a rice on Chinese wedding!
You claimed your people own Ife and Egbas?
1) How could you own Ife? When you knew nothing about Ifa divination!
2) How could you own Egbas? When they stay east edge of south west. Then, there no trace of anything Igbo on them. You can have Obasanjo if you want, but not Wole Soyinka!
3) You said Igbos are more industrious and they are the jews of Africa?
No, I can’t take that, you are not the Jews of Africa. Jews hate Catholics and would kill them before even snakes; but majority of the Igbos are Catholics. That means no connection!
4) You said Igbos had most light-skinned, but I am about to set the record straight that Yoruba has most with people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y37q1srP4_M&feature=related (White yorubas singing in Yoruba typical language) (Brazil)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU3cKBkhKdM&feature=related (Yemayá (Yemaya in Gayana ) - Yoruba rhythms, chants & dance)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8SfoGfF6vI&feature=related (White Yorubas celebrating Oya in Mexico)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQBoGp8leDo&NR=1&feature=fvwp (white Yoruba priest)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbxudRAOgP0&feature=related (White Yorubas Ogun’s whorppers have transcended beyond old Yoruba shrine to modern day church. This is what you see everywhere in South America.
5) One Nigeria is where we stand, if you don’t like it leave!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by olawohoney: 9:28am On Jul 25, 2009
What should be the main concern for every Nigerian is the powerless and corruption promoter president we currently have in Nigeria. Ask any local people in Niger Delta, they will simply tell you these militants are hustlers (fighting for their pocket). Any reasonable government would treat them like criminals because they are indeed criminal. The fact that they are time bomb created by corrupt politicians from Niger-Delta speak volumes of why they are of no benefit to the grass-root people of Niger Delta. Having said that, the fact that these militants are useless just like Nigerian Government that find it difficult to initiate a direct development of both necessary infrastructures and human development(education&orientation).
Food for thought! if these militants are not hustler why is it difficult for them to attack state Governors of NigerDelta states that find it easy to siphone money meant for development of their state abroad for personal use? all they want(MEND) is making money and that's why Yara'dua is towing their line of bargain now, but i tell you , just like past efforts it will fail. What is needed is Federal government direct development of Niger-Delta! infact not through the so call ND leaders because they are corruption infected animals. Through a special agency that will be well monitored by both executive and legislative arms of the government, if not the true about MEND intention would not be expose and nothing tangible would be achieve.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2009
It's Igbos that crossed my line, they want to steal Yoruba legacy. I gave you all the evidence and you never reciprocate me back. Check this out!
Thank you for your link: http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/757032/African-art/57131/Nigeria
Go back there and read these highlights below.

Sculpture and associated arts » West Africa » Nigeria » Ife and Yoruba
The Yoruba peoples inhabit a large part of southwestern Nigeria. Their art traditions are of considerable antiquity. Excavations at Ife, in central Yorubaland (the site of the creation of the world in some Yoruba myths), have shown that naturalistic sculpture in brass and pottery was being produced sometime between ad 1100 and 1450. The sculptures may represent royal figures and their attendants, and life-size portrait heads in brass were perhaps used as part of funerary effigies.[/b] During this time, Ife appears to have had widespread importance, and the naturalism of its art seems to have influenced the basic development of Yoruba sculptural style. Throughout Yorubaland, human figures are represented in a fundamentally naturalistic way, except for bulging eyes; flat, protruding, and usually parallel lips; and stylized ears. The evolution of these characteristics can be observed in a number of pottery sculptures at Ife, which, on stylistic grounds, are considered to be relatively late.

Remember, I told you the life-size Ife head sculpture that was found in America and dated back before Christopher Columbus.

Sculpture and associated arts » West Africa » Nigeria » Igbo
On both sides of the Niger, but mainly to the east, live the Igbo. [b]Traditionally they have lived in small and often isolated settlements scattered through the forest. Only on the northern and western edges of the area, under influence from Igala and Benin, are hereditary rulers found. In Igbo society there is strong social pressure toward individual distinction, and men can move upward through successive grades by demonstrating their achievements and their generosity

You see what your like says: Only on the northern and western edges of the area, under influence from Igala and Benin You are bummed, Benin and Igala just housed your people.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2009
hahhaa haaa
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2009
now okokp -juju-deji lsten

u can hack all the hard drive in this world, but always remember one thing certain the igbos were also in ife until your wicked and bastard oduduwa conquer then; u kiss it and leave

no amount of preponderance will change that!! yes sir!!!

as for the igbo comin from jews watever never said that so plz dnt quote me, but one thing certain till 2009 there all sort of  thesis statin where the igbos from, no proof,

africa was even called africa as i heard, i think na sudan or something hmmm
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2009
so the fact that u picture omon nna in lagos,hmm no eman shit, omo nna was always part of the history

the only thing that will concieve u if oduduwa will wake up

why dnt u take a trip to oyo and find out yourself

u are funni fellow

the igbo sprirt is real im afraid
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2009
and as for the igbo tryin to steal ur buhahhha legacy; for where, the thing is the smelly trait would let u picture the truth

if before ife art, the igbo had been on it hundred of years ago in IGboukwu and etc

that legacy is igbo spirit

thanks for respectin that

Ife and Benin

Magnificent terracotta objects have been found in Nok, in Nigeria, dating back to a period some time between 500 BC and 500 AD. These are the earliest known sculptures on the continent, next to those of Ancient Egypt.

Later around[b] 900 AD, the Igbo-Ukwo[/b] was making finely and intricately worked, bronze ceremonial objects. Against this background of creativity and craftsmanship[b], the Yoruba kingdoms of Benin and Ife sprang up between the 11th and 12th centuries.[/b]

BBC WORLD NEWS
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2009
bbc had it,the closest african art to egptain art sprang out was in IGBOUKWU; before even the so called sokoto and benin empire was formed

hahhaha, just drop that oduduwa trait and see the light, nawooo

10th century - First Hausa state thought to have been formed.

10th Century - Persian sailor Buzurg ibn Shahriyar of Rahmhormuz writes his collection of sailors' tales.

900 AD - Igbo-Ukwo bronze ceremonial objects start being made in Nigeria.

910 - Fatimid dynasty came to power in Kairwan and gains control of Central Maghreb

934 - Fatimid fleet sacks Genoa in Italy

950 - Fatimid dynasty gains control of Northern Tunisia and Algeria

969 - Fatimid dynasty takes Egypt from Turkish military rulers

996-1021 - Persecution of Copts under Caliph el-Hakim

Early 11th century - Sefawa dynasty displaces Zaghawa in Kanem. Yoruba kingdoms of Ife and Benin thought to have been founded.

1009 - Destruction of Church of Holy Sepulchre Jerusalem.

1055 - Almoravid (al-Murabitun) movement gains control over gold trade through capturing Sjilmasa in North and Awdaghust in South

1060s - Kanem converts to Islam.

1062 - Famine in North Africa. Fatimid dynasty in decline. SW

1067 - Al Bakri compiles travellers' accounts of Ghana

1070 - Almoravid establishes Marrakesh

1076 - Almoravid campaign against ancient Ghana and enter its capital.

1083 - Almoravid conquer all Maghreb west of Algiers

1086 - Almoravid Muslims invade and conquer southern Spain.

11th-12th century - Gold fields begin to be mined at Bure, out of the commercial reach of Ghana. New trade routes open up further east.

1147 - Almohad take Marrakesh led by Mohammed Ibn Tumart

1171 - Fatimid dynasty rule shrunk to Egypt, and is overthrown by Kurdish Vizier Saladin (Saleh al Din ibn Ayub) who starts Ayubbid dynasty

1210 - Mai Dunama Dibalami becomes ruler of Kanem, leading it to the height of its power. The centre of government moves to Borno. The state becomes known as Kanem-Borno.

1212 - Almohad defeated in Spain by Christians. Almohad state collapses into three

1230s - The Ancient Empire of Ghana declines. Empire of Mali comes to prominence under Mansa (king) Sundiata Keita after he defeats Sosso ruler Sumanguru.

1250 - Ayyubid dynasty overthrown by Mamluk troops

1268 - Monastery of Debra Libanos built at Shoa

1269 - Marinid rule Morocco from Fes for two centuries. Hafsids rule Ifriquya until 16th. Century

Early 14th Century - Collapse of Mongol Empire.

14th century - Empire of Mali reaches its peak.
Queen Amina of Zazzau expands the Zaria emirate through a series of wars.

1310s - Mansa Abubakar II sets out to cross the Atlantic Ocean and is never seen again. Mansa Musa succeeds him as ruler.

1317 - Dongola Cathedral converted to Mosque.

1324 - Mansa Musa of Mali makes his magnificent pilgrimage to Mecca.

1348 - Black Death reaches Maghreb from Sicily and kills over quarter of population of North Africa.

late 14th C - Decline of Mali

15th century - Rise of Songhay

1433 - Tuareg capture Timbuktu

1444 - first slaves brought to Portugal from northern Mauritania

1444-5 - Portuguese make contract with Sub-Saharan Africa

1453 - Ottoman Turks take Constantinople.

1464 - King Sunni Ali becomes leader of Songhay and defeats Mali.

1471 - Portuguese arrive in the Gold Coast

1482 - Portuguese begin building Elmina Castle on the Gold Coast

1488 - Bartholomew Diaz goes round the Cape of Good Hope

1490 - First missionaries come to Kongo from Portugal

1490 - first Portuguese missionaries go to Congo

1493 - Mande Muslim general, Askia Muhammad, seizes power and expands Songhay.

1500 - sugar plantations established on island of Sao Tome two hundred miles from coast of West Africa

1510 - Moroccan writer Leo Africanus visits Gao, the capital of Songhay.

1510 - first slaves shipped to Spanish colonies in South America via Spain

1513 - Leo Africanus visits Timbuktu.

1516 - Benin ceases to export male slaves, fearing loss of manpower

1517 - Ottoman Turks take Egypt from Mamluk rulers

1543 - Ethiopians defeat Muslim army of Kingdom of Adal with help of Portuguese.

1591 - Moroccan army defeats Songhay.

1599 - Fort Jesus built by Portuguese.

17th century - Ife eclipsed by expanding Oyo kingdom.

1621 - With the abdication of Emperor Susenyos, the Ethiopian Church is restored as the official church, after a period of Catholicism

1652 - Dutch settle in the Cape; beginning of Dutch Reformed Church

1670s - Osei Tutu defeats Denkyira and establishes Asante empire.

18th century - Kanem-Borno goes into decline.

18th century - Jihads launched in Futa Jalon

1706 - Emperor Susenyos of Ethiopia becomes Catholic; Dona Beatriz Kimpa Vita, of Kongo, is burnt at stake having claimed to be possessed by spirit of St. Anthony

1737 - Moravian Brethren set up in South Africa

1737 - Tuareg seize Timbuktu, capital of old Mali

1750 - Fulbe rise up supported by Muslim traders and conquer settled farmers

1799 - London Missionary Society (LMS) set up in South Africa

1804 - Usman dan Fodio launches Jihad in northern Nigeria.

1804 - Protestant mission in Sierra Leone

1807 - British declare abolition of slave trade

1808 - All Hausa states under rule of Sokoto Caliphate of Usman dan Fodio

1809 - Sokoto caliphate established.

1839 - Pope Gregory XVI issues Papal Bull condemning slavery

1840 - David Livingstone arrives in Africa

1852 - Calabar slaves successfully resist traditional burial of slaves on death of king. TR

1856 - Xhosa kill cattle on advice of ancestral spirits.

1865 - Samuel Ajayi Crowther became first black Anglican Bishop in Nigeria

1868 - White Fathers Mission Society established by Lavigerie, Archbishop of Algiers. Dedicated to mission work in Africa

1882 - Nehemiah Tile's Ethiopian church founded in South Africa

1886 - Christian pages executed by Kabaka Mwanga.

1874 - Asante lose territory to the British under Treaty of Fomana.

1881 - Prempeh I becomes Asantehene (King of the Asante).

1886 - Execution of Christian pages in court of Buganda by Kabaka Mwanga

1892 - Mangena M. Mokone's Tembu National Church founded in South Africa

1896 - Prempeh I sent into exile by British

1896 - Shona ancestral spirit, Ambuya Nehanda, takes human form in fight against British. TR

1897 - British soldiers loot city of Benin taking valuable bronzes and other objects.

Yaa Asantewa (Asante Queen Mother) leads a revolt against the British.

1901 - Asante annexed by the British.

1914 - Mourimi movement emerges in Mozambique. TR

1921 - Simon Kimbangu founds EJCSK (Eglise de Jesus sur la Terre par le Prophete Simon Kimangu) or Church of Jesus on Earth through the Prophet Simon Kimangu

1924 - Prempeh I returns from exile to Kumasi.

1925 - Discovery of Australopithecus near Taung, South Africa.

1927 - Dimi Ya Roho (Holy Ghost Church) founded in Kenya

1939 - 1st African Catholic Bishops: Joseph Kiwanuka of Buganda, and Joseph Faye of Senegal

1947 - Mcapi cult founded Northern Rhodesia (Zambia) and Nyasaland (Malawi)

1960s - Homo habilis skulls found in Olduvai Gorge, Tanzania and Lake Turkana, Kenya

1960 - Dutch Reformed Church expelled from the World Council of Churches

1974 - Semi-complete skeleton of "Lucy" found in Omo Valley, Ethiopia

1935 - The Asante monarchy restored.

1971 - Shona ancestral spirit, Ambuya Behanda, takes human form to support fight against white minority rule in Rhodesia.

1975 - Thirteen Australopithecus remains found in Hadar, Ethiopia. Homo Erectus skull found Lake Turkana

1976 - Australopithecus footprints found in Laetoli, Tanzania.

1997 - Discovery of Australopithecus in Sterkfontein, South Africa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/specials/1624_story_of_africa/page96.shtml
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 7:37am On Jul 26, 2009
@Ikeaman00 or Irk-man00 or Irate-man-oo

Igbo people can’t rewrite Yoruba history. Excuse me, Irate-man00 wanna be an historian be a archeologist, this b.itch is on another snitch!
Why are you so jealous and envy of Yoruba people like this. You are ranting and yelling on here that Oduduwa traits are bad, but all Igbo people are Oduduwa wannabe. Let me quote by “Ahiajoku”
It goes like this “
Our ongoing research shows that the Igbo were the first sons within the Kwa language family, thus we were able to prove Adiele Afigbo’s Mega Igbo/Proto-Kwa hypothesis, and we told him so at the Ahiajoku lecture, and he was very happy. We found very deep-rooted Kwa and Igbo links with the Nok civilization and with the lost continent of Atlantis. We found that Nri was an offshoot of the Nok civilization of the Niger-Benue confluence, which was the so called Old Ife of Idu fame, the locale of the famous filial rivalry between the Yoruba ancestor and his Igbo senior brother Obatala. Tell me when Yoruba Oduduwa related to IGBOS? Which led to their parting ways and to the loss of the Oduduwa title by the Igbo ancestor.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 7:42am On Jul 26, 2009
ikeyman00:

hahhaa haaa

Forget about Juju wey u dey shout, una get more juju worspipper in the eastern jungle than SW. Simply, when you are urbanized you won’t have time for all that. I am glad that our culture only maintains nowadays through arts.
For Cuba, Brazil and all South American continent, if you never sing with “Orisha” nobody will buy your music: Right now on youtube Orisha songs total 380, 980 video clips!
Check this out, it has up to 3 million views more than any Naija music, you can’t do it better than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQspTWQZEgM&feature=related

Check this out document about Katherine Dunham on "Sango" and Igbo people”
She said Sango is the strongest of all Africa gods!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab6KWufcCUw&feature=related
Check this video clip (Dirty Dancing 2 – Orisha)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjHnHADzhNc&NR=1&feature=fvwp
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by olawohoney: 8:57am On Jul 26, 2009
I think it is imperative for me to add one or two things to discussion between Ikeyman and Okokomeji. One of the greatest problem faced by black race especially Africans is the fact that most of the History books were written by people who have no knowledge about our history, they only gathered some oral sources based on what was on ground at the time they were able to explored Africa (70-100yrs ago).
The date and occurrences in history stated by Ikeyman show a great number of flops in the sources where he got his information. I will just make some notable point, e.g The famous Jihad in Northern Nigeria occurred in 1600 and not 1804 claimed by Ikeyman source. infact in 1809 the first Mosque was already in Ibadan, that tells you that many of the dates on many of the adultrated history books are rubbish. Another example is that in the history book called (History of Africa from AD 1000 to the present) claimed Ibadan was formed in 1820, the question is how Can a city form in 1820 have rulers dated back to 1600? You may be surprise why i categorically use this as example? there is a place in Ibadan core area till today where many notable Yoruba powerful rulers were buried and i have been able to visit the place life and direct, on most of the tomb stones there you will see dates like 1545,1630, 1730, etc. this tell you that somebody that was able to captured the first colony(Lagos) of Nigeria in 1863(colonial) and gave Nigeria her current name in 1914 through amalgamation can never understand our history better than us! and when i say us i mean all the land marks on grand and sources from our great grand fathers. This is the more reason why I am very proud of being a Yoruba,because each family have a well presented history pass on from one generation to other.
Without disrespect to any other tribes in Nigeria, Yoruba's are very rich in culture and diverse set of people and this facts are all over the world today
Like every other tribes like Ibo,Hausa etc we have our own ups and downs. The good thing is that unlike other tribes we are the first democracy in Africa (composition of Oyo Kingdom) and we as people have suffered series of attacks from other neighbouring kingdoms couple with internal wars. Oyo empire was so successfull that the only comparison are the Shanghai empire in China, extending to so many countries in West Africa. The effect of which is still visible today in many countries of the world.
Alot has been said by some people who find it difficult to agree with uniqueness of the Yoruba race, the recent example is Oba of Benin!! When people in high position talk in Nigeria they often like to score cheap popularity. He claimed Yoruba are from Benin, trying to re-write History that need no fake authors of modern history, He should be ashamed of himself and ask, if he is ignorant, because we live in a world today where ignorant is not an excuse for misbehaviour.
All i am trying to say say here is that Yoruba are very unique and diverse people who have been around since the beginning of the first civilisation(Africa,Egypt) and till today we are not comparable to other small race that were either oppress right from their inception till date or that lack visionary leaders. We are unique,cultural,diverse, warrior,conquerors and achievers
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ehoi: 9:27am On Jul 26, 2009
olawohoney:

What should be the main concern for every Nigerian is the powerless and corruption promoter president we currently have in Nigeria. Ask any local people in Niger Delta, they will simply tell you these militants are hustlers (fighting for their pocket). Any reasonable government would treat them like criminals because they are indeed criminal. The fact that they are time bomb created by corrupt politicians from Niger-Delta speak volumes of why they are of no benefit to the grass-root people of Niger Delta. Having said that, the fact that these militants are useless just like Nigerian Government that find it difficult to initiate a direct development of both necessary infrastructures and human development(education&orientation).
Food for thought! if these militants are not hustler why is it difficult for them to attack state Governors of NigerDelta states that find it easy to siphone money meant for development of their state abroad for personal use? all they want(MEND) is making money and that's why Yara'dua is towing their line of bargain now, but i tell you , just like past efforts it will fail. What is needed is Federal government direct development of Niger-Delta! infact not through the so call ND leaders because they are corruption infected animals. Through a special agency that will be well monitored by both executive and legislative arms of the government, if not the true about MEND intention would not be expose and nothing tangible would be achieve.
Which niger delta people did you ask? The people in the creeks are in full support of the militants thats why the federal government have not been able to infiltrate them ever since. Old women, old men and children are all in support of the militants.

You may call them criminal because they engage in criminal activities to you but the government activities in the delta are also criminal if you want to use the same standard. You call people who engage in1% criminal activity criminal but you seem blind to the people that have engaged in 99% criminal activities. The niger delta should treat nigeria and JTF like the criminals they are. these criminals have been stealing the oil for the last 50 years. they have been engaging in rape of the niger delta women in the last 50 years, have killed hundreds of thousands innocent niger deltas in the last 50 years, have commited genocides wiping out towns and villages in the niger delta. Tell me again, who is the criminal here?

Again you may want to learn more about the head mentality. You attack the head and not the tail. If you attack the tail first, the head will attack you. So its quite logical for the miltants to attack nigeria first since nigeria have stolen 99% of their oil wealth while the governors have stolen less than 1%. Will attacking the governors bring about self determination? Will it change the land Use Act that was used to steal the land and oil from the poeple? Will it bring about devolution of power or resources control? If the head is killed, the tail (governors) will flee.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by larez(m): 9:30am On Jul 26, 2009
The problem here is in the complacency in Yorubaland. Yorubas are too comfortable and fail to realize the power of information warfare. Wikipedia is currently gaining popularity all over the world and the Biafrans have cleverly embarked on information warfare by using this medium effectively. He who controls information controls History, and Yoruba leaders a failing woefully in this regard. There are many inaccurate new pieces of information being spread in various forums and Biafrans are clearly playing a game of being victims. There is a scheme to avoid the issues that led to the war which was basically the efforts of the Igbo to dominate power in Nigerian politics and their slaughter of leaders from other parts of Nigeria. Nepotism and Coups are clearly the inventions of Igbos which has been the main factor in the destruction of Nigeria currently. History should not be allowed to be rewritten. If this trend continues, I can see that history will repeat itself. All the issues leading to the War and it's consequences should be visited thoroughly by credible intellects representing all regions of Nigeria.

The Northerners and Westerners are very lacking in propagating true information about the facts. Fiction has curently overtaken truth and should not be allowed to stand for long. The world is reading these lies and beginning to believe them as facts. This is the Grand Mother of 419 currently being perpetrated against Nigeria while Westerners and Northerners are sitting passively. You better wake up before it is too late. Both areas need to seriously visit Wikipedia and debunk a lot of false claims being posted on it.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by oyinda3(f): 9:36am On Jul 26, 2009
larez:

The problem here is in the complacency in Yorubaland. Yorubas are too comfortable and fail to realize the power of information warfare. Wikipedia is currently gaining popularity all over the world and the Biafrans have cleverly embarked on information warfare by using this medium effectively. He who controls information controls History, and Yoruba leaders a failing woefully in this regard. There are many inaccurate new pieces of information being spread in various forums and Biafrans are clearly playing a game of being victims. There is a scheme to avoid the issues that led to the war which was basically the efforts of the Igbo to dominate power in Nigerian politics and their slaughter of leaders from other parts of Nigeria. Nepotism and Coups are clearly the inventions of Igbos which has been the main factor in the destruction of Nigeria currently. History should not be allowed to be rewritten. If this trend continues, I can see that history will repeat itself. All the issues leading to the War and it's consequences should be visited thoroughly by credible intellects representing all regions of Nigeria.

The Northerners and Westerners are very lacking in propagating true information about the facts. Fiction has curently overtaken truth and should not be allowed to stand for long. The world is reading these lies and beginning to believe them as facts. This is the Grand Mother of 419 currently being perpetrated against Nigeria while Westerners and Northerners are sitting passively. You better wake up before it is too late. Both areas need to seriously visit Wikipedia and debunk a lot of false claims being posted on it.

there's a similar topic. i must say when i read the first couple of pages in that article i was shocked. i had always assumed the igbos to be innocent people being kicked about by hausas. i never knew what the real deal was
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-298478.96.html
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by nex(m): 9:54am On Jul 26, 2009
I am very happy that tribal sentimentalism has taken over this thread.

Ikeyman, virtually everything on that your BBC history memo is a lie.

The Moroccans conquered Spain, Portugal and some parts of Italy in about 700 AD. Spain and Portugal were amalgamated to form Al Andalus (Andalucia) which was not freed till about the 1400s. By the Frankish Crusaders under the blessing of the Pope.

After about a century of the roaming around Northern Africa, those muslims expelled from Spain and Portugal started a Jihad which earned them a home and a Caliphate in Sokoto.

Immediately after their liberation, the Spanish and Portuguese having learnt a lot in sailing and warfare from their colonial masters, started sailing around the world aimlessly till they discovered America and then the trans-Atlantic slave trade started.

So please, take anything these Europeans teach their children with a pinch of salt. The Moors and Berbers of Morocco conquered and ruled Italy, Spain and Portugal for approximately 700 years and it took all the militaries of Europe led by the french to finally defeat them. Europeans used to call those 700 years the dark ages. Some say its called the dark ages because they don't remember what happened during that period. Some say its the dark ages because things were really bad. But the truth is that they call them the dark ages because they were ruled by brown skinned people and after the Moroccans left Portugal and Spain, these became the most success countries in Europe till the jealous british declared war on Spain.

Coming to the Yorubas, no one knows where they are from. Even Oduduwa doesn't know where they are from. When the Binis revolted against the Ogiso (people of the sky) dynasty because of their indulgence in human pleasures, the half human son of the ruling Ogiso and when he reached a place where people worshipped him, the Bini tried to lure him back to rule, but he told them Izoduwa (I HAVE CHOSEN A HOME). In Ife that is.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by larez(m): 10:15am On Jul 26, 2009
nex:

I am very happy that tribal sentimentalism has taken over this thread.

Ikeyman, virtually everything on that your BBC history memo is a lie.

The Moroccans conquered Spain, Portugal and some parts of Italy in about 700 AD. Spain and Portugal were amalgamated to form Al Andalus (Andalucia) which was not freed till about the 1400s. By the Frankish Crusaders under the blessing of the Pope.

After about a century of the roaming around Northern Africa, those muslims expelled from Spain and Portugal started a Jihad which earned them a home and a Caliphate in Sokoto.

Immediately after their liberation, the Spanish and Portuguese having learnt a lot in sailing and warfare from their colonial masters, started sailing around the world aimlessly till they discovered America and then the trans-Atlantic slave trade started.

So please, take anything these Europeans teach their children with a pinch of salt. The Moors and Berbers of Morocco conquered and ruled Italy, Spain and Portugal for approximately 700 years and it took all the militaries of Europe led by the french to finally defeat them. Europeans used to call those 700 years the dark ages. Some say its called the dark ages because they don't remember what happened during that period. Some say its the dark ages because things were really bad. But the truth is that they call them the dark ages because they were ruled by brown skinned people and after the Moroccans left Portugal and Spain, these became the most success countries in Europe till the jealous british declared war on Spain.

Coming to the Yorubas, no one knows where they are from. Even Oduduwa doesn't know where they are from. When the Binis revolted against the Ogiso (people of the sky) dynasty because of their indulgence in human pleasures, the half human son of the ruling Ogiso and when he reached a place where people worshipped him, the Bini tried to lure him back to rule, but he told them Izoduwa (I HAVE CHOSEN A HOME). In Ife that is.

And here is a typical example of what i am saying. In your process of trying to debunk one story, you add your own story as well. Why don't you state your sources? I personally find what you posted almost insulting. You talk about "Izoduwa". Who is this Izoduwa that you mention? This name has just started circulating recently, while "Oduduwa" has been around and continues to exist sinc enay colonial writings ever existed. You guys really need to stop manufacturing stories and new names to justify your political ambitions. The truth is universal.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 10:16am On Jul 26, 2009
ikeyman00:

so the fact that u picture omon nna in lagos,hmm no eman shit, omo nna was always part of the history

the only thing that will concieve u if oduduwa will wake up

why dnt u take a trip to oyo and find out yourself

u are funni fellow

the igbo sprirt is real im afraid

Similar to the Igbo of the east, the western Igbo descended Egba were always known to be revolutionaries in continual revolt against the Colonial British authorities, European missionaries and their traditional Yoruba enemies being primarily that of the Oyo and Ijebu.
Don’t get it twisted; there is no any part of Yoruba communities that never touched with internecine wars. Just in 1990s you witnessed or heard about Modakeke and Ife internecine war right? Egba and Oyo fought because of boundary, not because they were from different tribes. It’s still happening in modern day between Ogun state and Lagos state.
The revolt against any foreign intruders had always been collectively fought together through out Yoruba Land.

In Brazil an organized Ibo revolt led to the establishment of the Independent “Ibo Republic” of Palmares which lasted 45 years.  Being consistent with “Igbo resistance” Palmares ended in a massive suicide of Ibo warriors who preferred death to capture.  The city Ibotirama testifies to a strong Ibo presence in the region, however as in the case of Haiti, Afro-Brazilian culture and religious practices are more readily associated with that of the “Yoruba”(Egba) including the worship of Legba.
This is a complete hoax! Igbo people don’t need to contend this, it’s a battle lost. No matter how you travel to South America to convince them that you owned 85% of slaves being transported to their land; they would never listening to you. At the end of the day, you lose; because most money given to them over there, was used to traveled down to Ife to ask questions and reconnect to their Yoruba roots. Thereafter, they vow to wipe any intruders that came to South America to dilute their minds. Orisha has already stocked in their brain like Northerners like Arab Islam. If you want to see the video clips I may show you. And you show me the video clips of how many South Americans came to Igbo land to reconnect with their root?

“… lately some misguided Igbo people of Anioma/Ibusa (in short Western Igbo stock), have been making anti-Igbo noises.  I read that a group of 419 purporting to represent Anioma and all Western Igbo issued a statement disavowing their Igboness… If you are from Western Igboland and you no longer wish to consider yourself Igbo you have only one option.  Pack your damned bags and leave otherwise we are coming!!!”
You better stopped all this baloney! You want to break up Nigeria and still want to annex to western territory, you know already it’s a battle lost. Many Igbos are migrants in Western territory and we are ready to chase you back to the easy if Kasala busts!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 10:34am On Jul 26, 2009
ikeyman00:

okojujudeji

keep foolin urself

we will continue tellin the truth the oduduwa embellish to hate

the ball surely is in ur court

that makes u look like u are havin fun

igbo is always in ife, hey picture the igbo spirit in the yoru-juju culture;either u live it up or not, the truth will prevail

nevertheless one thing certain is, the igbos were always in ife where they lived until the useless and wicked oduduwa conquer them, they even helped the yorubas to fight some of wicked oduduwa rules

In 1967, Haiti became the only country outside of Africa to recognize the independent Igbo Republic of Biafra in secession from Nigeria. The vote of confidence in favor of Biafra on the part of this tine Caribbean nation was due to the Haitian’s memory of their own “Igbo” revolutionary past.
The numerous and successful slave revolts in Haiti are clearly documented as “Igbo” uprisings but yet we find the strongest presence of the ancestral deity Legba(Eshu) amongst the Haitians. In Haiti Legba is described as the most powerful of all the Loa. He is the guardian of the sun and his color is black. The guardian of the sun is most likely a code for the “Land of the Rising Sun” which is an ancient Igbo reference for the Land of Biafra. The Igbo revolutionaries and devoutees of Legba(Eshu) in Haiti were in actuality the Igbo descended Mina tribes such as the Ewe and Fon(Fongbe) who are well associated with the worship and reverence for Legba.[/i]

Don’t tell me Legba is Igbo idol? You went to Haiti; they chased you off, that means no deity that came out of Africa that is stronger than Legba. You need to deal with.I know why the cage bird sings! Haba, you are not serious, so you want to rewrite Yoruba history to soothe yours?
[/quote]
Haitians do not only know with Legba; they worship Orisha, Yemaja, Oshun and Sango. All these are Yoruba deities. Sango axe is one of a kind and it’s only prototype to Yorubaland.

[quote]

[i]Yoruba Ifa Oral History maintains that the greatest god known to the Yoruba [s]was Obatala (Oba ntu ala), who is the ancestor of the Igbo nation. Ifa claims that Obatala was the god who saved the earth after the Deluge. Ifa priests refer to him as “Osere Igbo: the Ancient of Days, the First Son of God … the Prince of Peace … the one who conquered death by rising from the dead after 16 days in the grave”. These are, to say the least vital discoveries about Igbo origins and identity unknown to the Igbo themselves[/s].
Obatala was ancestor of Igbo nation? For where? Jokes of no fun!
You better don’t misconstrue anything you see in Yoruba language:
Of all languages that use vowels and consonants, Yoruba is the most complex in the world because of it coded “stress and accent marks” (follow by French and Spanish)!
So, if you see “Osere Igbo,” it’s not really meant that it’s referring to Igbo people.
Igbo means a lot of things in Yoruba language with the aid of stress and accent marks.
Here it goes!
Igbo means (thick forest)
Igbo means (Marijuana)
Igbo means (Head boot)
Igbo means (Vegetable used in cooking)
Igbo means (things that bring agitation)

When I told you creation started Ife, they said a lie. Scientists and archeologist are now proving it right. Ife located at the center of the universe.
You know how white people is created? This happened during the time; when you gave birth to Albinos, twins, Hunch backs, Midgets and leprosies. They would have to leave the land or get killed. Like they say (propensity to humans is propensity to animals) this behavior also observed in all animals.
Check this documentary to learn how these animals faced isolation because of their unusual colors! This is the shortest version, I can’t find the detail ones, where the white lion was kicked out of its siblings by its parents. It was really a struggle to catch animals for itself; but it survived and owned its territory too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S6FhgGWtCg

In Africa, some culture still amputate albinos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vr9ki8khr4&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ1rZ21mxVA&feature=related
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2009
hahhaha the above is just a joke

we already seen the truth

english ahah mind u is quite complex me think

it either u live it up or get lost

okko-juju-man u heard
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2009
who worship this and that

aint my buizness, what matter is the nigerians has seen the truth

a lot of those people can trace the dna to igbos

that will bury ur smelly and stuburn gbatti ass for good of man kind

keep printing
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2009
Igbo 101: Facts Little Told

By

Ogaranya Uju Nkwocha Afulezi, Ph.D., Duru Akwukwo III Ndi Umuohiagu

uafulezi@hotmail.com

It is amazing that the kind of education or information that were handed to us by our teachers in school or even the mass media in Nigeria regarding who we are, or are not, is often short of the living facts or reality on the ground. What we were taught, not in science or arts, but in sociology and anthropology, do not stand as facts that can be verified and certified as truth, and nothing but the truth. Methinks, we know, that the mission of education is to seek truth and propagate same undiluted, unembellished, and convincingly proven at all times. If it is a fact, then there is no "ifs" or "buts." Nobody can truly claim to be educated who doctors the truth, or manipulates facts in order to suit his or her whims and caprices. Fact is not like history said to be largely subjective, that can be doctored or manipulated. When you have arrived as a truly intellectually liberated person, is when you call facts and figures as you see them, no matter who it may concern. Besides, truth is very exhilarating and bubbles like champagne wine. If you try to stand it on its head, it quickly reverts to its natural form - truth. And if you try to force it into your mind, it tastes sour. Truth is easier to manage, falsehood shifts like quicksand. See?

For many of us, it took coming to America, and devoting significant time, aside from our normal engagements, to dispassionately study our own native societies and where we fit in the larger world in which we all inhabit. And, didn't we know that it took coming to America for people like Mbonu Ojike, Zik, Nkrumah and others, to educate themselves that Africa was a great continent, that Europe had no right to colonize Africa, that the black man was part of the great civilizations of the world contrary to the bleak picture painted of the place of the black person in the sun. Consider how much you knew about the slave trade when you were in Nigeria. Very little, I must say, at least for me. What did you know of Egypt, the pyramids, African civilizations, and the fact that man started his journey on earth from Africa? Who ever knew that there are more pyramids in Sudan than in Egypt? We were taught British Empire History, European History, History of the World, and American War of Independence. We were never taught the making of our society, the ancient and modern accomplishments of our people. We were not taught our culture, our spirituality, our trade and commerce.

In this piece, I intend to focus on the Igbo as a people. The Igbo, their culture, civilization, and their contributions to world greatness, are, perhaps, among the most little understood, taught, publicized and recognized of all human knowledge. What is sometimes upsetting is the little the Igbo themselves, including their educated sons and daughters know about themselves. Or, more bafflingly, how the educated Igbo parrot, and hold fast, without taking a second look at the false information about the Igbo, which they heard or read from scantily informed or biased sources, foreigners and natives, and, of course, the ever busy Igbo detractors.

I decided to write this article after the now familiar surprise look I get from many an educated Igbo when I begin to discuss Igbo factoids and misrepresentations. What embarrasses most of them is that certain incontrovertible, and some would say, elementary facts about the Igbo, which were always self evident, now suddenly hits them like a thunderbolt and it becomes crystal clear to them that their previous beliefs which they parroted were false. Here are a few facts in question and answers:

Question: Is Southeast and Igboland the same thing?

Answer: Not at all. Southeast is only about 3/5th of Igboland. Igboland covers the whole of Southeast, parts of Rivers, Delta, Benue, and Akwa Ibom states.

Question: Why were we taught in school that Igbo people are easterners?

Answer: It is both an unfortunate parroting by teachers and careless adoption by Igbo educated class. Igbo people come from Southern Nigeria and not Eastern Nigeria. It may be correct to say that the Igbo are found predominantly in eastern Nigeria. However, by saying that the Igbo are easterners, the implication is that the Igbo in western Nigeria, numbering about 2.5 million (Agbor, Ogwashi Ukwu, Ibuzo, Okpanam, Asaba, Orimili, Ndokwa, Anioma, etc) are not Igbos. The best known Igbo anthropologist Professor Mike Onwuejeogwu is from the western part of Nigeria, Chukwuma Nzeogwu, Dennis Osadebe, Okonkwo Adibe (the famous musician), Sony Odogwu, etc. are all from the western part of Nigeria. They are no less Igbo than those who live in the eastern part of Nigeria. The correct answer to your question is "the Igbo come from Southern Nigeria."

Question: Why do some Igbo refer to themselves as "core Igbo?"

Answer: That is clearly arrant nonsense. Nobody is core and others peripheral. All Igbo are the same. It is both arrogant, thoughtless and insensitive for anybody to regard others as marginal.

Question: Is Igboland landlocked?

Answer: Not at all. Igboland stretches from Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt) to Agbor. The Atlantic ocean washes the shores of Igboland. Africa's second largest river - River Niger, traverses Igboland with one part of Igboland in the east and another part in the west of Nigeria. Uguta Lake has the potential of accommodating large ships and could be made a navigable port. If Igboland is landlocked, then all Nigeria is landlocked.

Question: Is there oil in Igboland?

Answer: Yes, indeed. There is a lot of oil in Imo State, Abia, Ebonyi, Rivers State and Delta States Igbo areas, and now in Anambra. Besides, Igboland has many other natural resources, including coal, limestone, etc.

Question: Are the Igbo a nation or a tribe?

Answer: The Igbo are a nation, and a very large one. There are many tribes in Igbo nation, just like you have many tribes within Israel.

Question: Why do some Ikwerre people say they are not Igbo?

Answer: First, it is not up to them to say what they are and what they are not. When God created them, He did not ask them who they wanted to be. He just created them Igbo. The only way you'll know who belongs to what ethnic group in Nigeria is the name and what language the name comes from. Anybody whose name is Amadi or Onyeri, or Eke, or Odili, Wanodi (Nwanodi) does not need to tell you who he is. He is Igbo, his politics notwithstanding.

Question: But they claim that their language is Ikwerre, not Igbo.

Answer: That is politics. Ikwerre is a dialect of Igbo language. Just like an Ngwa man speaks Ngwa Igbo, Arochukwu speaks Arochukwu Igbo, etc.

Question: Some people say that Igbo language is not complete, is it true?

Answer: No language is complete. All languages borrow from each other. Igbo language is very rich. It has inexhaustible and rich linguistic features like idioms, proverbs, aphorisms, sayings, anecdotes, riddles, folklores, etc. Igbo language is one of the major languages of the world, being spoken by millions of people.

Question: How many are the Igbo?

Answer: The Igbo are very numerous. There is educated guess that if Nigeria's census is properly enumerated, the Igbo could easily be the largest ethnic group in the country. They may number up to 40 million. Everything right now, is speculation. Nobody knows the true stratification or ethnic populations in Nigeria. The Igbo are the only ethnic group found in large numbers everywhere in Nigeria, and foreign countries more than any other ethnic group in Africa.

Question: Do the Igbo have a culture of their own?

Answer: Yes, indeed. Igbo culture is perhaps, one of the richest and all-encompassing cultures in this world. Igbo culture always observes the temporal and the spiritual aspects of cosmology. The study of Igbo culture reveals that it is extremely deep and original.

Question: Why do the Igbo wear Yoruba Agbada and Hausa babban riga but the Yoruba and the Hausa do not ever wear Igbo national dress?

Answer: Unfortunately this is the case. The Igbo have very attractive and resplendent national dresses. And they come in assortments that are extremely dignifying. The Igbo take up foreign cultures more readily than other Nigerians, and they seem not to care that nobody reciprocates their carefree attitude to life. Most ethnics promote their cultures and show off what makes them unique. Actually, it is still the same so-called educated Igbo class who behave in such disgraceful and the devil-may-care attitude.

Question: Why do the Igbo call themselves Biafrans?

Answer: Great question. Some people have the idea that Biafra originates from the Bight of Biafra. But that is wrong. There was the Kingdom of Biafra that ruled most of the ancient world about 50,000 years ago. Unfortunately, nobody talks about it, for whatever reason, I do not know. But, it is in the ancient maps of the world. If you wish I'll make a copy and send to you.

Question: Were the Igbo also taken into slavery during the slave trade?

Answer: Yes. The Igbo slaves themselves gave account of their travails in slavery. Olauda Ekwuano an Igbo ex-slave who bought his freedom in Britain was the first slave to write about his experience in slavery. His book has become a classic. You ought to find it and read it. Also, other Igbos who were brought to America revolted and some walked back on water and were said to have returned to Africa. Several books have been written about them. One of such books is "Ibo Landing." It is available in bookstores like Barnes & Noble. In Haiti, the Igbo settled there and refused to be colonized by anybody. There are many places where the Igbo left their mark or their signature.

Question: How did the Igbo know days and years?

Answer: The Igbo invented an accurate, if not the most accurate calendar called "Iguafo Igbo (Igbo Calendar)." In Igbo calendar, there are four market days - Eke, Afor, Nkwo, Orie that make one week. Four days make one week, seven weeks make one month, and thirteen months make one year. There are 28 days for each month, with the last month having 29 days. Each month starts the same day as the previous. Igbo calendar forms the perfect astronomical alignment with the cosmos, and regulates the seasons, agriculture, navigation, astrology, geography, mathematics, travel, etc.

Question: Did the Igbo have their own alphabets?

Answer: Yes, indeed. It is called "Nsibidi."

Question: How about mathematics; did the Igbo know mathematics?

Answer: Yes, indeed. There are such inventions as "Okwe" and "Mkpisi" which the Igbo used to resolve figures.

Question: Did the Igbo know anything about banking?

Answer: Yes. Igbo banking was more in the nature of Savings and Loans. The authentic Igbo savings and loans invention called "Isusu' in which contributions are pooled each week and one person, who has the need, collects, is still in practice. Igbo slaves took this invention to the Caribbean Islands where they still practise it and call it "Sue Sue."

Question: Some people say that Igboland is too small for the Igbo, that they have no alternative than to live as Nigerians: is this true?

Answer: False. Igboland is a large country. Do every Igbo need to stay and work in Igboland? No. Everywhere in the world, some will stay home while others venture abroad in search of opportunities. Igboland is large enough for the Igbo. And it is a very rich and hospitable part of the world. It has rich soil for agriculture, abundant rainfall, good sunshine, and table land in many parts. Its land space and population are more than that of over half of the present countries in the world.

Question: Where did the Igbo come from?

Answer: That question is still being asked. There are very intriguing theories or histories now being studied. You may have heard of the Jewish angle, the Egypt angle, and the Origin of man angle. This twenty-first century, hopefully, will resolve the mystery.

Question: Why do people say that the Igbo are not united?

Answer: Those who say so, do so out of ignorance. The Igbo are famous for their unity. In the colonial period and the First Republic of Nigeria, the Igbo were always envied for their unity. Under Igbo Union, they accomplished many things. They were feared by others for this. Since after the war, the Igbo are gradually recovering and getting rid of the individualism they developed brought about by their war experience which enabled them to survive as a disinherited people. Now, there are vigorous efforts to reunite them and return them to their old glory which served them well in the past.

Question: Some people say that the Igbo are susceptible to being bought by some other Nigerians, and that they "sell" the Igbo in the bargain; is this true?

Answer: The same parroting and recycling of unfounded talk. When you hear such a talk, challenge the one who is mouthing it to give you evidence, or to cite an example of such an Igbo person. He is likely to say "what of Jim Nwobodo?" Tell him that the Igbo number about 40 million, if it would be fair for the action of one person to represent the integrity of the other 3.99.9 million. The truth is that an Igbo is like any other human being, when he sees where he can take advantage of a situation, he goes for it. It has nothing to do with "selling." Were we not told that fish clusters where the river was deepest or that the dog follows he who has crumbs? Not long ago in the history of Nigeria, other Nigerians were also running after the Igbo for crumbs because the Igbo were in position to call the shots. Things will not remain as they are today. In fact, things are changing fast.

Question: Why are other Nigerians always persecuting the Igbo?

Answer: I have always tried to know myself. I am one of those who believe that the Igbo are among the most peaceful people on earth. But, because of the fact that they are very hardworking, ambitious, and not afraid to live anywhere, or take up any task, they tend to be resented by their less ambitious and successful neighbors or hosts. When you confront a non-Igbo to say what specific offense the Igbo have committed against them, oftentimes they draw blank, or engage in fabrications, which they insist must stand for a fact. The Igbo believe in live-and-let-live. It is virtually impossible for any Igbo to rise against their guests or hosts. It has never happened in Nigeria, or elsewhere. It is an abomination in Igboland for a host to cause his guest harm. Instead, a guest is considered metaphysically and physically under the protection of the host. All Igbo deities forbid doing harm to a guest. The Igbo are accused of "loving money." I suppose the charge is based on the fact that they work hard and acquire money in the bargain. One would like to believe that the outcome of hardwork is good harvest and hopefully prosperity. If anybody takes offense at the prosperity of a hardworking person, then the Igbo or for that matter any other person or persons, have no apologies to render.

Question: Do the Igbo have their own system of jurisprudence before the arrival of the white man?

Answer: Yes. The Igbo had a system of resolving conflicts. The elders were presented with cases that could not be satisfactorily settled within the family or kindred. Matters where veracity must be ascertained, the Igbo resort to spirituality. Oath-taking is a matter left to the spirits to settle. Those who swear falsely were expected to be killed by the spirits within a given period. After the period, he is acquitted and he could celebrate with public merry-making. The Igbo did not have any prisons, but they could ostracise a culprit, exile him, or send him into slavery or to serve to a deity.

Question: Why don't the Igbo teach these things you are telling me to their children?

Answer: In the pursuit of what they taught was the "new way" either from Europeans or o Christianity, the Igbo began to distance themselves from their heritage, and in the process became lost in the wilderness of a world they hardly understand. They have learned their lesson the hard way. The twenty-first century will lead them back home.
http://www./Igbo%20101.htm
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2009
ikeyman00:

hahhaha the above is just a joke

we already seen the truth

english ahah mind u is quite complex me think

it either u live it up or get lost

okko-juju-man u heard
Despites, we don't usually worship our deities anymore, does not give Igbos that right to want to claim our glory.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Anabel(f): 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2009
Governor plz go ahead and do your job, its what you are being voted for. cos i dont know wetin concern lagos state with Niger delta. if he can do something, lets see it. if he cant, then make all of us take head carry. as per citizen of lagos state.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 29, 2009
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 2:01am On Jul 29, 2009
Governor plz go ahead and do your job, its what you are being voted for. cos i dont know wetin concern lagos state with Niger delta. if he can do something, lets see it. if he cant, then make all of us take head carry. as per citizen of lagos state.

u are so stupid

any suprised??

trait lipsrsealed

no more oil money for lag abi

u are so stupid

but what do u expect from oduduwa
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by olawohoney: 8:34am On Jul 29, 2009
It is quite obvious that Ikeyman000 heart is full of hatred for the tribe that despite their callous acts still accommodates many of his people! The question we need to ask ourself here is that, do we need any old history to clarify the fact that Yoruba people are the most advanced and developed people in Nigeria? Haba! we can all trace the trend of events from the last four decades to the present time!!! and compare between Yoruba and Igbo. i have no doubt a blind man can even see better than Ikeyman!! The Igbo hatred has covered your eyes just like your other brother clamouring for Biafra now on youtube using silly propaganda!
You can hate Yoruba but you can never change the hand of time. I don't even need to give you example within and outside Nigeria for you to see the true picture that we (Yoruba) were there before you (Igbo) in all facet of lives.
At the Kings College London (University of London) one of my lecturer once told us the story of Yoruba prince and princesses that came to England in the 40-50s, he told us how they were well respected and accord with dignity because most of Yoruba's are from Royal homes. This is the pride of Yoruba people, the first democracy in the history of black race (Oyo Empire). I have tried as much as possible not to directly confront anybody base on race, but at times doubters like Ikeyman need to be constantly lecture about his ignorant! During the first Oyo Empire, the Igbo people are usually kidnappers and they normally invade Ife town disguised as masquerade. It was so rampant that Moremi-Ajasoro was nearly offered as sacrifice to the God (Idol) with the aim of appeasing the Spirit in order to conquered the kidnappers (Igbo). later one Ife farmer that saw the kidnapper (Igbo) and reveal the secret to Oni, which later lead to their apprehension! and as Yoruba powerful ruler normally did then, most of them were sold into slavery in exchange for gun powder,gin etc.
All I'm pointing out for you is that Igbo people right from the word set go are evil and always have bad intentions. I need not tell you many of what happened in Nigeria and Igbo negative contributions. Many of the Igbo people in the olden days, at a time Yoruba people had already invented their clothing and their household utensils, were normads(People still living stone age) they used animal skin and leaves to cover their private parts and reveal most parts of their body, they lived in huts built with raffia leaves. So stop Hating Yoruba and accept your fate. In life there are some very important events that cannot be change by anybody; events like who our parent are going to be, from which tribe or race we are going to be born, the place of our birth, and the final place of our death, and that's why i don't necessarily like to blame anybody for being a product of a terrible race or tribe, so stop hating and work towards bettering your Igbo race, peace
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 9:06am On Jul 29, 2009
hahhhhhhh^^^^

yes readin

im afraid, mr man, thats shit u got there is a complete nonesense post

really felt for u

now as for acceptin fate

if science is what it is; i mean opposite force produce equal force in oppoiste direction, u believe in cells makes up matter, u believe in the geneticism;

why then should u come here to tell the ndigbo to accept your moronic and tribalistic veiws

my friend face the truth

odudwa did, why so much trait with yall; the love to hate the truth

u are stupid man olawohoney

thank u very much
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 9:11am On Jul 29, 2009
It is quite obvious that Ikeyman000 heart is full of hatred for the tribe that despite their callous acts still accommodates many of his people! The question we need to ask ourself here is that, do we need any old history to clarify the fact that Yoruba people are the most advanced and developed people in Nigeria?

why do the yorubas brag about something that never exsited

this trait doing yall asses like maggots, nawoooo shocked shocked shocked

the yorubas u talkin about even before those sculpture u picture in ife, the igbo-ukwu has been doing it for years; so u remember egbas in ile ife; stop fooling yourself, so next time u open up ur door in ajugunle, and see omo nna walk pass, have some respect plz
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 9:12am On Jul 29, 2009
All I'm pointing out for you is that Igbo people right from the word set go are evil and always have bad intentions. I need not tell you many of what happened in Nigeria and Igbo negative contributions. Many of the Igbo people in the olden days, at a time Yoruba people had already invented their clothing and their household utensils, were normads(People still living stone age) they used animal skin and leaves to cover their private parts and reveal most parts of their body, they lived in huts built with raffia leaves. So stop Hating Yoruba and accept your fate. In life there are some very important events that cannot be change by anybody; events like who our parent are going to be, from which tribe or race we are going to be born, the place of our birth, and the final place of our death, and that's why i don't necessarily like to blame anybody for being a product of a terrible race or tribe,  so stop hating and work towards bettering your Igbo race, peace

no comment

but emm one wonders the reason emm the white man that comitted most of all have gone so much far head of us

oduduwa shocked tribalistic hard core, hmmm component of trait, inability to accept the truth lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 9:13am On Jul 29, 2009
Username: olawohoney Picture/Text
Name: olawohoney
Position: Active Poster
Date Registered: July 25, 2009, 09:05 AM
Last Active: Today at 08:34:06 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSN:
YIM:
Email: hidden
Current Status: Offline

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Signature:

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

PDP Submits Kwankwaso’s Son-in-law’s Name As Kano Guber Candidate / FG Stops Air Peace Flight Operations To Benue Over Grudge With Governor Ortom / Osinbajo, Masari, Ahmed Lawan Visit Bola Tinubu In Lagos (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 226
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.