Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,548 members, 7,827,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Fashola Warns Mend - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Warns Mend (22678 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Warns Mend by CGKing(m): 10:13am On Jul 20, 2009
My apologies if you take umbrage at my words. . . . you are a reasonable fella. . . . my ire is directed at that idiot called CGKing who describes an agitation for federalism as 'stone age mentality', whilst purporting to be holding intelligent discussion . . . it is quite obvious the word intelligent has another meaning in his vocabulary, because I wonder what intelligence he has that eminent people like Gani and Soyinka lack. . . .or what intelligence he has that sharp Nairalanders like Debosky and 4Play lack. . . . I have a short fuse with idiots like that. . . . . since you agreed with him, I did not hesitate to clear the whole deck when spraying my verbal bullets. . . .

Abeg pls, we are allergic to bullshit. Agitation for federalism? Maybe u have mad cow disease. That was how the pirates of somalia branded their activities protests against internatonal fishery.

(Culled from Negro_Ntns)
MEND need to convert itself into a political movement.

Simple. Period. But trust naija, they will hide under the curtain of the want for justice to perpetuate criminality. Better run go accept the amnesty. Dey here dey yarn nonsense.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Eziachi: 10:32am On Jul 20, 2009
@OKOKOMEJI

Like I have said before, you should try getting a life of your own, if you do, you will have less time talking about others especially Ndigbo and anything Biafra. All your posting is always not well thought out, that one find it difficult to comprehend your line of reasoning.
From all your posting, you don't seem a very smart person, always jumping into water before finding out how deep the water is first, especially when you can’t swim. The way you abuse yourself generated statistics. Example- majority of Brazilian worship Ifa, (unquote).  When even my grandchild knew that Brazil is the second headquarter of Cat holism after Rome as they use to say. Yes there are few that still practice traditional African religion in Brazil but not IFA they call it but SANGO and nowhere near anything to be called majority.

Going back to Adenugu employing Igbo’s, you may be less smart to know that, it's not straightforward that Mr Adenuga will hiring for his company since he is not the HR manager to be hiring and where did you get the figure showing the number of Ndigbo in Adenuga or Dangote’s business?
Adenuga I will bet you will probably knew little or no member of staff of his company. And if that company is a PLC, he will even become more of a figure head than being among the people that run the business on a daily basis.

Going back to Fashola and MEND- The governor had done what is expected of him to do when such an event occur as a governor, but reality is that he can't do anything personally himself as he doesn't command any force. On paper Nigeria called him the chief security officer of the state but he can't tell a DPO in Lagos what to do or even sack a police recruit. Someone said that he generates 80% of Lagos revenue internally, that may be true, and probably why MEND bomb a facility built through oil generated revenue. That is why I suggested that Yoruba’s threatening tribal retaliation should go to Niger Delta and bomb all facilities built through COCOA generated revenue. That will make sense.

You can't hail MEND and call them freedom fighters only when they are attacking outside your perceived enclave but change your tune, when the evil visited your door step. I am sure most Yoruba’s (not all) will be quite happy if MEND had bombed Kaduna, Kano or Abuja.  The same people that boast about the civil war heroism but never heard the sound of shell bomb in their life.  As long as it happens anywhere else and the monthly free oil money is undisturbed, life is good.

I have suggested that MEND should also bomb federal facilities in Igbo states that don’t produce oil but like I said, that will be hard because there are no known federal facilities in the entire Igbo land except the Owerri and Okigwe prisons. End of story.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by CGKing(m): 10:47am On Jul 20, 2009
Bialegend
Yes, it is on history that the binis and the Yorubas and the reason why southerners will continue to be under the rulership of northerners despite those northerners being illiterates to the core.

Is this one a fact or u r just running ur mouth? So what would you rather have: the south lording it over the north? That will make u feel better? This turn by turn mentality is just plain bullshit, just another "Animal farm wanna be."  At the end of the day, it boils down to the same thing: Nigerians have developed a culture of corruption so whether it is Yoruba or igbo or hausa in power, the average nigerian will still not be liberated.

My guy, if ND were any smarter, rulership would have come to the region. Selfishness is just the core motivation behind all this obnoxious agitation. Even the US, a ppl of steeply different backgrounds and cultures dont have all this bullshit. Meanwhile the once who were legitimately born on the relative soils cant handle it.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by CGKing(m): 10:48am On Jul 20, 2009
Bialegend
Yes, it is on history that the binis and the Yorubas and the reason why southerners will continue to be under the rulership of northerners despite those northerners being illiterates to the core.

Is this one a fact or u r just running ur mouth? So what would you rather have: the south lording it over the north? That will make u feel better? This turn by turn mentality is just plain bullshit, just another "Animal farm wanna be." At the end of the day, it boils down to the same thing: Nigerians have developed a culture of corruption so whether it is Yoruba or igbo or hausa in power, the average nigerian will still not be liberated.

My guy, if ND were any smarter, rulership would have come to the region. Selfishness is just the core motivation behind all this obnoxious agitation. Even the US, a ppl of steeply different backgrounds and cultures dont have all this bullshit. Meanwhile the once who were legitimately born on the relative soils cant handle it.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by hayo(m): 11:17am On Jul 20, 2009
I feel like crying now - reading all these ethnic bashing, et al is a pointer to d crisis in this country.
Our political elites whether Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Niger Delta, Fulani etc are the ones destroying us all.
They keep looting the treasuries but here we are only interested in bashing each other.
For me, there are only 2 ethnic groups in Nigeria - the bad and good people.
I can count a lot of bastards n thieves within my own ethnic group. I bet you can too.
The North that you have been accusing of having all the good things from the Niger Delta should be examined properly.
There is no part of Nigeria with more destitute and Al-Majiris than the North. Yet, its elite continue stealing their money. They also have the highest illiteracy rate in the country. Now, if I am to slap anyone, I won't slap a normal human who is just trying to make his//her living but those rats occupying high offices and doing nothing to help.
Same for Niger-Delta. How the Oil money will be used if totally in the hands of the Deltans should be known from now from the little that is going to them at the moment. The likes of Ibori, Alams, etc should be asked what they did with allocations. And also sincerely think what more they could have done with a bigger share of the oil LOOT?
Past South Western governors are not left out. They have successfully destroyed all the good works of Awolowo and Akintola. A region that boasted of agricultural products which led to great developments in those days and cannot even do anything with the Oil money. The things the South West look up to till today were those built with Cocoa money.
Only the bad political class have enjoyed from the proceeds from Niger Delta and that is the truth.
I am just sad that most of us can't even analyze this and know the real problem but we keep saying ignominious things on this thread. Let's find out the real enemy and deal accordingly with it. If u must know - Ghana also has multiple tribes, I know they will do better than us cos they found out the real enemy in the days of Rawlings.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 20, 2009
Could the real Ijaw guys stand up!. I left this thread sometimes ago because I realised that the Biafran war mongers have taken over.

As far as the average Igbo guy is concerned, the Yoruba man is a betrayal, traitor, back stabber and all sort of hatred labelling you could think of. They believed the Yorubas were the reason for their for their failed seccession bid. So anything that will put the Yorubas on the edge is always good news to them.

My question; when will Igbos  get over this insane and bunkum sentiment?. It is nothing but a myth!.

They got to understand that the idea of Biafra is as good as dead now.

As long as they are not willing and ready to go for it again with another quixotic war, but expecting to get an opportunity like this one from MEND to fast-forward this their age-long dream, it will remain what it is, a DREAM
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by WilyWily: 11:32am On Jul 20, 2009
presido1:

Honestly i really don't know the stand of the South West on all that is going on in Nigeria now. They will always stay less concerned and try to side the winning side. Its pathetic to say the least. They are neither here nor there in conflict situation

"South West where do you stand"
Sei you no sabi dem?
They are waiting to Stab at Back
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by CGKing(m): 11:49am On Jul 20, 2009
Posted by Redsun

We tend to thiink of this lagos incident as a tribal thing,while lagos is the heart beat of nigeria,it belongs to every nigerian.The problem of nigeria is way beyond tribe,it's about the people,be it yoruba,igbo or hausa,it is about an accountable system that will benefit every all tom,privates and harry.The interest and problems of niger delta mend is just the same as that of ordinary lagosians but with different approaches of dealing with it

The yorubas feel the pinch just like the deltans,everybody is in the same boat with the exception of thieves that call themselves leaders,elites and cleargies

The people should stand with one voice and fight against the iniquities that have befallen them,iniquities of ignorance.Some of them are talking of tv station as achievements while they don't even understand the concept of airwaves,same oyinbo made and installed for us yet we think we are achievers.Big up motherfuckers.

Finish!! This is everything. But some idiots no go hears. Know y they are idiots? Cuz their idiocy make them fight with one another over diferences in culture while the organized criminals in high places made up of igbos, yorubas, hausas and sons of the Niger Delta are chopping away.

Sad thing is, when the shit comes down to war as these MENDers want, the real criminals -Governors and politicians - will take a hike to other countries and let the different factions blast one another. And return again to take their former places, when the dust clears, and the post war tribal idiots who agitated it will have lost but never have learnt. And the cycle of foolishness keep rolling.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Beaf: 11:58am On Jul 20, 2009
CGKing:

Bialegend
Is this one a fact or u r just running ur mouth? So what would you rather have: the south lording it over the north? That will make u feel better? This turn by turn mentality is just plain bullshit, just another "Animal farm wanna be." At the end of the day, it boils down to the same thing: Nigerians have developed a culture of corruption so whether it is Yoruba or igbo or hausa in power, the average nigerian will still not be liberated.

You can continue talking like hitler if you like. You just don't sound too sharp, talking through your arse.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by nuesaweso(f): 11:59am On Jul 20, 2009
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by apreshe8: 12:03pm On Jul 20, 2009
This is very distressing! angry
Haba!!!!!!!!, see intelligent adults resorting to mud-slinging and tribal bashing! There are many corrupt Yoruba's, Igbos, Hausa's,Ijaws, Tivs, Fulanis, Urhorbos, the list is endless, still ganging raping the treasury and some folks from the comfort of their living rooms/offices are engaging in tribal bashing.

It's not too difficult to imagine the glee on the faces of the ruling/political class now that we are distracted and otherwise occupied with this time consuming activity!

Guess after all is said and done, we are all still either Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa, not Nigerian!

I don tire sef! sad Lets deal with the mind staggering corrupt activities of those in public offfices, not whether they are of your tribe or not!

Why did we all get expensive education if we'd still reason like this?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by nuesaweso(f): 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2009
E fi won le jare. . .e ma da si won mo. . .https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-298807.0.html
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 12:06pm On Jul 20, 2009
promoting it hmmm^^^^

clever slowpoke cool
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by CGKing(m): 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2009
Beaf:

You can continue talking like hitler if you like. You just don't sound too sharp, talking through your arse.

Y would i sound sharp to you, when your backward brain sees things in reverse. Thats y u can see hitler and war in what iv said and see peace for all in what uv said. Better talking with the butt than thinking with it like ya.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by nuesaweso(f): 12:27pm On Jul 20, 2009
Baba Ikey. . .E fi omo olope sile. Ise Oluwa ni. Ko si ja mo!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Beaf: 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2009
CGKing:

Y would i sound sharp to you, when your backward brain sees things in reverse. Thats y u can see hitler and war in what iv said and see peace for all in what uv said. Better talking with the butt than thinking with it like ya.

If you make sweeping statements about people, then you are no better than hitler or his dog. shocked
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by nuesaweso(f): 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2009
Beaf, o yi wa lori papa yi sha?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Abagworo(m): 12:45pm On Jul 20, 2009
@hayo.your views are the simple situation in nigeria.Igbos generally care less about seccession right now but some words from Yorubas are astonishing.ijaws too care less about seccession either.the issue is that the oil producing communities deserve more attention than abuja or lagos.my community for example hosts 45 oil wells and they dont even know if govt exists.what we have is dichotomy divide and rule between rivers and imo because of oil and igbo.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Beaf: 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2009
@olopa nues aweso ki lo de now?
Let me round up unfinished business.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by nuesaweso(f): 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2009
Abagworo,

Se eyi ti o dun e ju niyen ni? A ni ke fi isolenu sile.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by nuesaweso(f): 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2009
Beaf baba,

Ija ti tan, e je ka ma sere grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Beaf: 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2009
nues aweso:

Beaf baba,

Ija ti tan, e je ka ma sere grin

Ah! Oga o! I didn't start it. Mo dan ran! funmi minute nkan
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by nuesaweso(f): 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2009
Beaf grin grin grin

O ma pa mi o grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nezan(m): 2:03pm On Jul 20, 2009
MEND? wat do they really want?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by deb(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2009
I don't know o
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Seals(m): 3:26pm On Jul 20, 2009
Mend Go and meet your elders who sold you out kidnap their first son, grand ma and pa, you are not the only pple who their elders sold even the yorubas and the igbos cool cool cool cool wink cheesy
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by CGKing(m): 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2009
Quote from: queentayo on July 18, 2009, 08:57 PM
CULLED FROM "THE NATION" NEWSPAPER JULY 18TH 2009

Enough is enough, Ijaw leaders warn Niger Delta militants
LEADERS of the oil-producing communities in Izon (Ijaw) Nation of the Niger Delta yesterday threatened to mobilise against the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) if it continued with its wanton destruction of oil facilities in and outside the region.

The group, under the auspices of Izon-Ebe Oil-Producing Communities Forum (IOPCF), particularly condemned Sunday night’s attack on the Atlas Cove Jetty in Lagos, by MEND, describing the action as the height of the group's excesses.

It called on the Federal Government and security agencies to unmask those responsible for the attack, which led to the death of seven persons, and ensure that the criminals faced the full wrath of the law. It stressed that genuine agitations must be separated from criminality.
"IOPCF said the activities of MEND and its utterances in recent times showed that the group had derailed from the struggle for the development of the region, saying that the group’s operations now portend more dangers to the oil

Gbam! End of story. The Goverment was too lenient, that is y i dislike this nonsense govt. God, pls remember me this day, bring me to power so i can build the Nigeria of our dreams. Amen! (does the sign of the cross)
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2009
Abagworo:

@hayo.your views are the simple situation in nigeria.Igbos generally care less about seccession right now but some words from Yorubas are astonishing.
Ha ha ha ha, jokes of no fun! The best joke of the day! Igbos generally care less about seccession? Okay, let's pray that Biafrans' secession mission is flunked and doomed, would you say amen? I bet, you won't.
Some words from Yorubas are astonishing?
Let's look from the point it stated: Biafrans use a little spank to get a complete ass whipping! You posted the topics and you started all the rant and rave. More to come, if you don’t stop blaming Yorubas for all your throes and adversity.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 12:49am On Jul 21, 2009
Eziachi:

@OKOKOMEJI

From all your posting, you don't seem a very smart person, always jumping into water before finding out how deep the water is first, especially when you can’t swim. The way you abuse yourself generated statistics. Example- majority of Brazilian worship Ifa, (unquote). When even my grandchild knew that Brazil is the second headquarter of Cat holism after Rome as they use to say. Yes there are few that still practice traditional African religion in Brazil but not IFA they call it but SANGO and nowhere near anything to be called majority.
@Eziachi
I am not smart, you must be completely retarted. Tell your grandchild that Catholicism has now mixed with orisha in Brazil
For your information:
After christianity, Yoruba culture is mostly celebrated in the whole south America. I am talking about more than 800 million peoplei in that continent!
These are what they worship and some also blend them with christianity (but most homage pays to the Yorubas' Idols.
Sango or xango or shango
esu or eshu or exu
Orisha
Orunmila
Yemanja
Obatala
Ogun or Ogum
Oya
e.t.c.

(Catholilism mixed with Orisha (from the Yorubaland, Bleep you this is the movement now))
This is the combination of Ogun with Catholicism (then, Ogun won!)
1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_1bCGOdsek&feature=related (Check modernized Ogun worshippers in church)

Orisha combined with Catholisicm
2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhRtTGcIo6c&feature=related (From Cuba)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdmNUafoEXg&feature=related (from Saint Lucia)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjfpthLPbLk&feature=related (En honor a Changó y Yemayá)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HniiPRMe6Mk&feature=related (Orula)

Orisha voodoo in America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuTuOC0dYok&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNhA2IsT9R4&feature=fvw (Santeria Cuba)
http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=91042994899&h=OPq1d&u=GJ1iu&ref=mf (Whiteman reciting Yoruba incantations)
http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=91042994899&h=OPq1d&u=GJ1iu&ref=mf (Elegua, Yoruba Idol celebrating all around the world with more than 60 million people outside Nigeria)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGdGr7U3WIY (Amarre de Amor, Madrid)

In cultural dance (Obatala santeria Yoruba baba) The songs are so mellifluous than gospel song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTR5h9f6sCg&feature=related (from Jamaica)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfU3gG6wG58&feature=related( Dances of Obatala with dance master Richard Gonzalez)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAdIJeOd2_0&feature=related (danza de los orisha -OBATALA
)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UElodBNwQIA&feature=related (Chango – Orisha)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYxjiYlbFiU&feature=related (Yemaya)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECVGHyTD6Fg&feature=related (OCHUN CON CHANGO
)

In drum beats (but the connotations of the drumming is more pronounced that words, that was the reason drumming was banned in the whole USA during slavery)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9qEEqXgdpA&feature=related
In Musics (Afro Beat or Hip-hop) if you never use Elegua (Meaning Olodumare) to sing for people in the whole South Africa, I bet, you will never get known!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGJ_sSCSIw4

Documentary in Spanish about Yoruba King of Ife, to his descendants in the new world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBFo3hStZZw&feature=related
(Historia de la Santeria o Regla de Ocha (Lukumi)
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 12:54am On Jul 21, 2009
@Irk-man00
You said Igbos are the only light-skinned in Nigeria. I am about to set the record straight!
The Yoruba whites, not brown or light-skinned, just in South America are more that the whole Igbo people in the east.
Check this out-- You will see them wearing our woven fabric (Aso Oke).

Ifa methodology the new anthem in New World! Ifa priests (White Yorubas)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NclxW52vXAI&feature=related (Whiteman the IFA priest)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKWmi-9NC9s&NR=1 (ifa white priests)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPzOI11IVJg&feature=related (Ifa white woman)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN-9SqmArZo&feature=related (Ifa white boy)

Ogun worshipper (White Yorubas)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgw0t7Sm1qs&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_1bCGOdsek&feature=related (Check modernized Ogun worshippers in church)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_-1Cwv1UQo&feature=related (White worshipper)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzJrgSAhn2U&feature=related (White Yorubas beaten Bata drums)
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nezan(m): 11:39am On Jul 21, 2009
OPC go fit match MEND??
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by IGWEUSA(m): 12:07pm On Jul 21, 2009
This dimwit, OKOKOMEJI, must be a prototype of BECOMRICH. Please you guys should desist from derailing the threads. shocked angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Terrorism Trial: : Senator Ndume Named Vp Sambo As Boko Haram Sponsor / Ijaw Youths To Meet On Outcome Of Presidential Poll / I Used Personal Income To Rebuild Church In Kano – Emir Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.