Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Fashola Warns Mend - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Warns Mend (22629 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2009
presido1:

Why didn't you add becomrich and tpia, is it cuz they are from SW.?

I see your madness is beyond control these days?

anuofia.

Yorubas must swallow every unprovoked insult thrown at them because they "deserve it", right?

Meanwhile let someone mention Igbo in a non-complimentary manner and see you jackasses jump out of whack.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by deb(m): 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2009

Yorubas must swallow every unprovoked insult thrown at them because they "deserve it", right?

Meanwhile let someone mention Igbo in a non-complimentary manner and see you jackasses jump out of whack.

That one is true o
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 7:38pm On Jul 22, 2009
iluguinfool
For anyone to have a meaningful conversation on N/L these days, just ignore Ikeyman and pretend he does'nt exist.

presdo

u suprised this is popin out from oduduwa himself, seriously ikeyman never said igbos are better than yoruba but what we are sayin the trait is not good for nigeria

if i was u presido i wouldnt even waste my time on folks like him, koni koni, i cant be touched, if u like consult the nearest babalawo, the truth will keep surface

there was even a time, he tried his oduduwa trait on me, hmmm koni koni, then it failed , he then derailed the thread by writing in yoruba-juju lingo,it failed, he then opened another thread in off-topic section, i distroyed that thread, he tried to drag seun on things through his juju lingo, it didnt work

now look at the last and desperate attempt from the most eduacted human being in the earth

hahhahha

na 2day
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2009
now to the outside world

tell me if u cannt see any trait in here!!

come onnnnn

itsnt that hard to find
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 7:12am On Jul 23, 2009
ikeyman00:

iluguinfool
presdo

u suprised this is popin out from oduduwa himself, seriously ikeyman never said igbos are better than yoruba but what we are sayin the trait is not good for nigeria

if i was u presido i wouldnt even waste my time on folks like him, koni koni, i cant be touched, if u like consult the nearest babalawo, the truth will keep surface

there was even a time, he tried his oduduwa trait on me, hmmm koni koni, then it failed , he then derailed the thread by writing in yoruba-juju lingo,it failed, he then opened another thread in off-topic section, i distroyed that thread, he tried to drag seun on things through his juju lingo, it didnt work

now look at the last and desperate attempt from the most eduacted human being in the earth

You said Igbos are the most educated in Nigeria and I said no, I need a proof. You point to me that, through SSCE statistics, Imo State is by far the highest. I didn't doubt that with it. But, I said Yoruba is by far the most educated and I would prove it to you, so that you know it's not by accident buts corollary.

Next time, when you brag about Igbo's education, don't try it around Yorubas. You already know that any spot your people hit today, we (Yorubas) had been there, done there and past there two millenniums.
In 1950, the primary and secondary schools in ONDO STATE alone is more than the whole schools in the East.
That’s not convincing enough.
They see all the states in East before they named (Ekiti state has the fountain of knowledge) a state where every family boosted of atleast one professor.
In the modern day Nigeria, Ondo state still has the highest rate of primary schools (810) and secondary schools (220).
Nigeria as of today boosts 105 tertiary institutions and more than 60 is from the west alone.
The two only institutions that made it to worldlist (Ife and OAU) are from South West. If they are going to include third one, it will be UNILAG.
Between 1953 to 1959
The first region to grant autonomy in Nigeria
• One of the most efficiently run civil service in the Common wealth.
• A respectable judicial system as against the Sharia law system of the north.
• The first industrial estate in Africa.
• Free and efficient health care delivery system.
• The first radio and television station in Africa
• The best road network in Nigeria.
• Free education at all levels with an effective scholarship scheme, which still accounts for why there exists a yawning educational gap between the west and other parts of the country.
• The first international stadium in Africa
• The first ever tallest building in Africa (Cocoa house) commissioned in 1965

Muritala Muhammed, seized power from Gowon. Knowing that the Federal civil service was dominated by the Yorubas, because of their early exposure to Western education, 10,000 civil servants were sacked in a day. This was widely celebrated in the whole Igbo land with “Ogogoro champagne” popping in the air; hoping before the end of 1990s Yorubas strength would be weaken. Ha ha ha ha, oops! Before they know we still going super-strong!

QUOTE from ((The Yoruba Today,

J.S. Eades

(Originally published by Cambridge University Press 1980)
))
The first is the sheer mass of material available: the Baldwins' bibliography (1976) has nearly 3500 references, to which I could add a few hundred more. The Yoruba must be unique in Africa in having four universities located in their homeland, all with flourishing history and social science departments deeply committed to the academic mode of production.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 7:59am On Jul 23, 2009
ikeyman00:

ITT style, embezlement as they comes abi? u are carzy and the oduduwa has beginin to know that lagos is a nigerian asset built by the igbos know how??

at this point in time we can only be grateful to the advancement in technology cuz people like u has be blackmailin the igbos

now the whole world can see for themselves so when the see omo nna in lagos,

@IRK-MAN00
Just to let you know that 92% of progress made in Lagos is by Yoruba efforts. Yorubas say, if you want to christen your child, you have got to look your backyard or better still, if you want to cut clothes for somebody, you got to look at yourself. That means, you can leave your east undeveloped and want to take care someone else business. We built Lagos by ourselves.

Then, I said if those facts are not enough, I would show the achievements of Oduduwa traits before modernity.

1) They formed the language with largest number of Idioms, proverbs. The number of consonants and vowels is more than the ones in English Language. Also the language with most stress and accent marks more than Spanish and French! Prove me wrong?
2) Yorubas were the first to urbanize. (Built strong structure with mud bricks, while your troglodytic people still living in the caves).
3) Due to early urbanity, they produced woven fabric (Aso ofi or Aso oke) through warp-and-waft method, while many cultures practiced walked butt-naked or sometimes with banana leafs wrapped around private parts.
4) They discovered the first (almighty formulae to solve puzzles) which is called Ifa Divination (which still continues all around the globe).
5) After Sumerians people of river Nile (which flows backward) they were the second to carved out canoes; and the first to travel across Atlantic ocean down to North America. Christopher Columbus got to America 1449 (by the time they had the first National census in Luxemburg, Germany) and one of the warriors in Chinese dynasty said, he had sailed down there seven decades before Americans; with all that being said, they found a trace of trades between native Americans and Africans, with the astonishing life-size head of Obatala’s sculpture erected in America (which through carbon dating test, dates back to 709BC).
6) Discovered the medicine that puts Yorubas on the map up to date as the only tribe in the world with highest rate of twins birth or multiple birth.
According to archeologists' record, Yorubas had the highest rate of art and culture artifacts and relics in Africa besides Egytp. Including the headless scupture of NOK headless fertile woman. Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni, the greatest modern sculptor and carver of all time, called the NOK headless relic sculpture (one of a kind and genius of African arts.
7) They made the first bassuka Local guns to curb internecine wars
They built the first organized society with a complex king, chief and warrior's clans.
9) The artifacts and relics they left behind made IFE arts to top the life in Africa
10) As the toll of modernity takes ancient cultures to the brink of extinction, Yoruba idols keep resuscitating all around the world.
11) The made the first significant drums (bata and Kudi), these drums still top the list of African drums. During the slavery, these beating drums were banned in America; they were beaten with connotations that made slaves formed rebellion against their masters. This why five Yorubas top the list of drummers of all time all around the world. Tony Oladipo Allen was among them. He had beaten drums for Fela Anikulapo and Victor Olaiya with numerous white bands around the world.
12) the cowries their first money for trade and barter before foreign intrusion, which later used to make decoration of gods; still survived up to date.
13) Oranmiyan staff erected in Ife long before discovery of North America, formed the prototype for a national monument in Washington DC. Oranmiyan used his staff to commemorate his warriors, USA uses “NM” to salute its falling heroes or solders.
14) The beads of old ages still valuable
15) Through their unique grout and chants (they influenced Jazz, Blues and Hip Hop).
16) Then, due to their genius in their time, they imbibed in us the best legacy, which I called innate knowledge.
This is why Yorubas stand out everywhere around the world in Education!

From this website below and of all 1200 gods known around the world.
According to this website' table of gods, Yoruba had 31 gods. Just second to Egyptian gods in Africa.
(http://www.eskimo.com/~elladan/gods/description.html)
Yoruba gods:
NAME ORIGIN DESCRIPTIONS

Oba Yoruba A goddess & protector of prostitutes
Eji Ogbe Yoruba/ Nigeria/ W.Africa A god that is king of the pantheon
Oshun Yoruba A goddess of healing, fertility & rivers
Aja Yoruba A goddess of healing, herbs & of knowledge
Oshun Ana Yoruba A goddess of love
Monje Yoruba A goddess of rivers
Ymoja Yoruba A goddess of rivers & of the sea
Aje Yoruba A goddess of wealth in all its forms

Olokun Yoruba/ Nigeria/ Benin A of fresh waters & oceans
Orisanla Yoruba/ Nigeria A sky god that was designated to be the creator of earth & living things

Oya Yoruba A warrior goddess of fire, rainstorms, justice & the wind
Egungun oya Africa Another form of the Yoruba goddess of divination
Olorun Yoruba Creator/ supreme god
Eshu Fon/ Yoruba Divine messenger
Yemonja Nigerian/ Yoruba She is one of the great goddesses
Ori Yoruba/ Nigeria The god of wisdom
Ifa Yoruba The god of wisdom, knowledge & divining
Eschu/ Legba Yoruba/ Africa These deities are messengers between gods & mortals, not very nice either
Eji Ogbe Yoruba/ Nigeria/ W.Africa A god that is king of the pantheon
Orisha Nla Yoruba A god ordered by Olorun to create solid ground
Shango Yoruba A god of war, storms, thunder & fertility
Oshe Yoruba A god of thunder & lightning
Sango Yoruba/ Nigeria A god of thunder
Sopona Yoruba A god of smallpox
Orunmila Yoruba/ Nigeria A god of mercy & destiny
Osanyin Africa A god of medicine
Ogun Nago/ Edo/ Yoruba/ W. Africa A god of iron, hunting & war
Ajalamo Yoruba/ Nigeria/ W. Africa A god of fetuses
Iku Nigeria A god of death
Oko Yoruba/ Nigeria A god of agriculture

Obatala/ Obosom Yoruba A fertility god, he makes barren women fertile & shapes the fetus in the womb
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Abagworo(m): 8:29am On Jul 23, 2009
@okokomeji.you still dey 709 bc?this is 2718 years later and you still expect things to remain thesame.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 9:40am On Jul 23, 2009
@Irk-man00

You are focusing on the wrong thing. Santeria is practicing in Brazil, the mixture of Orisha and Catholicism. It's two by two (in catholic you supplicate for Mary sculpture and in Orisha with do the same thing.
You are looking behind a closed door, our religion has its pros and cons. Forget about old fetish practices. There is more to it than that; let's put aside the rituals. Yoruba religious beliefs are part of itan — the complex of songs, histories, stories and other cultural concepts which make up the Yorùbá religion and society. These are what majority practices in the new world. They simulate on computers to make them friendly idols. The cultural aspect is so huge; you see a lot of Afro-Caribbean trooping to USA to showcase their culture. They speak nothing but Spanish or English, but when it comes to dance and songs, they use typical Yoruba dialect to do all that and you could feel the vibe and energy. That is the only time I hear what they say.

Then, you said that is why Brazilians are suffering. Who told you that? A country with just 200 million people that controls GDP of 2 trillion dollars.
The Brazilians are not stupid, how could Portugal with just 10 million population enforced Catholicism on 200 million people of Brazil. Then, you clamed you are the Jewish of Africa; but you got to know that jewish people hate Catholics with passion. That means you are not jewish of Africa.

China has 1.4 billion people and 1.36 billion people practice (Buddhism, Taoism, and Chinese folk religions) which is to supplicate to their gods. Christianity is 28 millions and Islam is 22 millions.
A riot broke in minority part of China of recent, when the Muslims who constitute just about 2% told the Buddhists majority that they are infidels and (Muslims) in China are ready to convert all of them. Majority told them, these are what they worship to get to the stage of Superpower in the world.

India has 1.2 billion people and 1.15 billion people practice (BuddhismHinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism) which is to supplicate to their gods. Christianity is 35 millions and Islam is 15 millions. India even has god of cows, monkeys and chickens. They are everywhere even in Nigeria, you don’t have problems with that?

[When will you rely on Chukwu or Amadioha, you chase after anything looks whites. I bet you, if India shit for tin and blow little nose on it; you will probably push Okro and Garri to the garbage and grab your spoon to eat defecate of India, all in the name of imported.]

Now, tell me that 2.4 billion people of Chinese and Indian heritages are going to hell fire because they didn’t follow Christianity and Islam? The only African religion (Yoruba religion) that made it to the whole world you want to use your mouth to spoil it, because they are not known good in your backyard. Maybe you don’t want nothing good to come out of Africa?

If you think such outlandish achievements are not worth celebrating, you go on WIKIPEDIA and compare Yoruba religion with Igbo religion. You will see that there is a gulf of distance between eyes and nose.

This is what you will find on Yoruba religion on Wikipedia:

The Yorùbá religion comprises religious beliefs and practices of the Yoruba people of old before the Yoruba community encountered Islam, Christianity and other faiths. It originated from Africa (chiefly in Nigeria and Benin), and in the New World, where it has influenced or given birth to several Afro-American religions such as Lucumí in Cuba and Umbanda and Candomblé in Brazil in addition to the transplantation of the homeland religions. Though specific numbers are unknown, it is possibly the largest African-born religion in the world. Though claims are made for an ultimately Egyptian/African origin to Judaism, Judaism was finalized as the religion of the Hebrew people of the Levant. Christianity and Islam also have long histories in Africa, but neither of those can claim to be African in origin in their present state like the undoubtedly African religion of the Yoruba. While much of Africa has increasingly adopted foreign religions, many indigenous faiths remain. The lack of proselytizing or establishing written "rule books" prevents these religions from spreading as much as Islam or Christianity. Regardless, they survive, both in Africa and the Western Hemisphere.
Yoruba religious beliefs are part of itan — the complex of songs, histories, stories and other cultural concepts which make up the Yorùbá religion and society.

We are living in the squalor, because Igbo tribe is not sincere. If you can take 10% to praise Nigeria for one day out of 100% you use to curse at Nigeria both home and abroad, I bet you, Nigeria will progress further. We cannot be fasting and you eating on the same course of Nigeria; when you benefited most than us.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 9:48am On Jul 23, 2009
@Irk-Man00

You better keep quiet, if you don’t have facts.
We are not talking about Juju, I am trying to educate you about Oduduwa, so that you will ease yourself by fearing what you can conquer and hate what you don’t really understand.
(These people formed the best language ever, it might not be widely spoken or so popular; it’s simply the best).
Reason, you have just only two languages that can vie with Yoruba (French and Spanish) just with their consonants and vowels; but fail when it comes to proverbs, Idiomatic expression, stress patterns and accent marks.
The only African religion of the world.
They had the only colonial empire in Africa which is “Oyo empire.”
How would you define colonial empire and how many do we have?
The colonial empire spread wings across its boundary and made its culture reflects on it colonies.
1) Britain did and had the effect in (Africa, South mid east, East mid east, China and India.
2) Portugal did (Africa and South America).
3) Belgium did (Africa and South America).
4) Arab did (Africa and mid east).
5) Spain did (Africa and South America).
6) Oyo Empire did (West Africa, South America and North America).
Wikipedia even rated it on the same spot with Christianity and Islam, if there is Rule books.
Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_religion
It is possibly the largest African-born religion in the world. Though claims are made for an ultimately Egyptian/African origin to Judaism, Judaism was finalized as the religion of the Hebrew people of the Levant. Christianity and Islam also have long histories in Africa, but neither of those can claim to be African in origin in their present state like the undoubtedly African religion of the Yoruba. While much of Africa has increasingly adopted foreign religions, many indigenous faiths remain. The lack of proselytizing or establishing written "rule books" prevents these religions from spreading as much as Islam or Christianity. Regardless, they survive, both in Africa and the Western Hemisphere.
The Orisha is of two things that are mutually inclusive (rituals and arts). But nowadays, due to modernity; the whole world tends to focus on the art which includes dance, chants, music and gospel.

The reason to celebrate is manifold! First of all, if you want to play Music, Hip-Hop, Jazz, cultural dance, religion e.t.c in South America and you didn’t use it in the name of Orisha, Ogun or Oshun e.t.c., I bet you , nobody will patronize you. This makes our progenitors feel happy about their indelible scars and giant steps they left behind on the sand of time.
Did you know that Famous “Carlos Santana” singing about Sango and using his guitar tone to praise Olodumare (which mean elegua in Spanish) makes him famous and earns him success of a lifetime.
That something discovered by my great, great, great grand fathers, became the rave and vogue of time is not worth celebrating? If it’s that easy you can TYPE Amadioha ,Yam festival or Igbo Masquerades to see if it goes beyond Igboland for East
In America, just 20% of blacks go to church and 15% of those that attend church believed that Jesus was black. If you get to their houses, all you see is portraits of black Jesus. Then, about 40% believe in no religion at all. Not up to 5% believe in Allah. Then, the remaining more than 35% believe in spirits, and most of them refer to Orisha and Obatala gods. I have witnessed this many times.
Apart from strong Yoruba culture present in South America, USA also has large population of Orisha worshippers. This is why, when you study World Religion in USA colleges. They put Native American, white and African religions together.
!
We just need to check all the Yoruba Obas to sit right and teach new generation about our cultures, rather than fighting over supremacy or supporting the corrupt politicians to mooch our national cakes.
They need to portray all these idols in the way that seems innocuous as contrary to old fetish practices that scared people away.
Evidence of Orisha strong present in USA.

((This is my link: http://everything2.com/title/Yoruba
The Yoruba heritage was mostly forgotten in the US due to the slaveholder's tendency to make practicing the old customs a punishable offense. Many times the punishment for this was death. The new age of Yoruba beliefs have risen, in the US, in the last century due to the influx of Puerto Rican and Cuban immigrants to the US. The most common form, Santeria, is a mix of Yoruba beliefs and Catholicism and brings the Ifa deities, music, dances and rites with it.))

In America, the largest of shrines of any tribes other than whites. E.g. New York:
Temple of YORUBA/ORISA’IFA just in USA
South Carolina: Oyotunji Village (The one and only largest African Village in the whole USA. It covers about (120 km), when you get to the entrance it reads: You are now leaving USA, welcome to “OYOTUNJI VILLAGE” we greet you in the name of our ancestors!).
California: Ijo Orunmila, Ile Orunmila, and Awo Study Center
Florida: Ile Orunmila Temple, Ife Ile, Church of Lukumi Illinois: Ile Ifa Jalumi, Ile Osikan, Egbe Imole Agbon Iwosan
New York: Ile Ase, Lukumi Church
Tennessee Mimo Anago Ile Oshun
Charleston: Elequa
Texas: Ile Olokun
Virginia Ile Oyigigi Ojuba Orisa AKAN
Georgia: Akan Spiritual United Order
Maryland: Nyame Dua: Shrine House for Spiritual Healing
New York: Obaatanpa N’Abosum Fie
Pennsylvania: Adade Kofi Bosomfie Sankofa, Asona Aberade Shrine, Inc. Washington D.C. Onipa Abusia, Asomdwee Fie,
Shrine of the Abosom and Nsamanfo KEMETIC
Washington DC Region,
Florida: Ausar Auset Society Orlando Study Group
Maryland: Baltimore Branch of the
Ausar Auset Society International Pennsylvania: Ausar Auset Society in Philadelphia
Washington D.C. Ausar Auset Society
Washington, DC .“

The largest also in South America, from Cuba, Brazil, Haiti, Mexico, Trinidad & Tobbago e.t.c
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 9:55am On Jul 23, 2009
ikeyman00:

oduduwa oduduwa easy now

the way yall killed all the igbos in ife and took their land abi

oduduwa plzz me beggin up

u got no balls to come here and preach

plz desist from disgracin urself, u say u cook for the world.

thank you

@Irk-man000

Oduduwa no kill Igbos for Ife oooo, do you have proofs?

NB: Igbo people crying all about that (all the Yorubas in Cuba, West Indies, Haiti, Venezuela, Guyana, Jamaica, Brazil, Mexico, Saint Lucia, Trinidad and Tobbago, British Virgin Island, e.t.c. are their people.
They clamed Igbo people helped Haiti and West Indies secured Independence.
Ironically, West Indies only worship (Oshun and Yemaja), if they are your people they won’t worship all these Yoruba Idols

Haiti worship Legba (esu oda ra ni yen) and Orisa. Check the news, the Haitian president said earlier Voodoo (Orisha) would be put into law. He says it’s part of remembrance and total connect to their ancestors.

In Brazil, they believe everything about them is Orisha. They formed Santeria (combination of Orisha and Catholicism). Just to let you know that black out-numbered whites in Brazil. The Brazilian president just insulted white people with blue eyes as the cause of recession and said blacks don’t have to suffer fo it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Bsl42L_M4&feature=PlayList&p=E3A8DDA2503008E6&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=62

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes ooooo!!! I cook for the world (with nothing but the truth though). Where you at? When my hover droping “Kulikuli” and “boil” straight from the sky. I cook for the world because I love to eat. I guess your B.itch ass ate from my cooks too, you were just too ungrateful, you like chicken that swipes its beak both left and right after a meal. Dumb-ass, you are not even on my level, you scared to write, type and draw facts. I told you already, you are not mu.thafuckin ready son. You are just a feather weight and I’m a freaking heavy weight, that’s just a fact! You are just a lam.e hommie, no lie! You could go around with sportscar (Ferrari); I f.uck around with a bicycle and I’m still going to gat damn hit the spots before your jerk-ass at the end of the day.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Abagworo(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2009
is orisa igbo,benin or yoruba?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 5:45pm On Jul 23, 2009
Abagworo:

is orisa igbo,benin or yoruba?

@Abagworo

It's a Yoruba deity or is it Igbo? You could provide your facts, because I have mine. First of all, this is one of my links: http://www.eskimo.com/~elladan/gods/description.html
I told one of you before, where the masqurade came from? The whole knows it's a Yoruba Idol and I thank God the truth has prevealed.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2009
oko-duduwa
Oduduwa no kill Igbos for Ife oooo, do you have proofs?

NB: Igbo people crying all about that (all the Yorubas in Cuba, West Indies, Haiti, Venezuela, Guyana, Jamaica, Brazil, Mexico, Saint Lucia, Trinidad and Tobbago, British Virgin Island, e.t.c. are their people.
They clamed Igbo people helped Haiti and West Indies secured Independence.
Ironically, West Indies only worship (Oshun and Yemaja), if they are your people they won’t worship all these Yoruba Idols

what do u know, oduduwa killed the igbos and conquer ife, so what u dnt know some odudwas are son and daughters of igbos

now me not here to abrogate with yall in the quest to disperse ur lethal hates against the igbos, but one thing u should always know the Igbo spirit is untouched!!

now lets see how far u can go with that! u are loser in the wait

the same way the yoru_JUJU people will be braggin on Sango religion, one wonder what the romans arent braggin on catholic

TRait upon trait

Too lethal for naija
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2009
this is just to show u the igbos are emmm the clevest in naija

now dnt ask me about source, if u want one dig oduduwa grave, cuz he is dead

trait buhaaaaaaaaaaaaa; i told as far back as 500ad the igbos were in yoruba claimed land but due to powerful oduduwa rigime, they were conquered

look them look them na them!!! cool

now read

[size=18pt]According to historical accounts of their migration, Jabbokigbo after traveling through the region of Arabia, followed the traders. Being a trader in various articles and merchandise, he entered Northern Gobir in present day Katsina, a major trading centre. Finding solace in this new settlement, he decided to set up a settlement called Degel, a name taken from ‘Dege’ the first son of Jabbokigbo.

Following the arrival of the Hausa from North Africa in the town and the attendant hostilities towards the Igbo migrants, Jabbokigbo left Degel to Tor-Uga, a town not far from the later famous Nok settlement said to have been established by Igbo settlers, a name that has Igbo ethymology because Nok and Nawgu in present day Anambra State are the same in pronounciation and meaning. In line with the migratory structure of the Igbos, which is usually in cluster form for defence purposes, some of the people moved westwards to settle at a place called IgboAikun which means ‘Igbo that lives forever till date’ in Ile-Ife in Oyo State.

The peace of this settlement was destroyed following the invasion of the area by Lamurudu who led a Yoruba military expedition out of Bini Empire. Lamurudu attacked and scattered the Igbo settlers and to hide the treasured bronze works which were religious items, the Igbos buried these items. This was to be later excavated by archeologists and became known as Ife bronze works. Perhaps this explains the level of acculturation that took place as a result of interactions between the Yoruba indigenous population and the Igbo, as the Yoruba borrowed from the religious belief systems of the Igbo settlers. This was affirmed by the Yoruba belief in ‘Orisa’ which is the corruption of Igbo ‘Olisa’, the Supreme Being.

Leaving Igboaikun after the Lamurudu attack which led to the destruction of their settlement, Jabbokigbo and his kinsmen moved eastwards passing the great Bini kingdom, the Niger river and arrived at a virgin land they called ‘Igbo’, which later became known as Igbo-Ukwu.

Since the place was still virgin, a tropical rain forest zone, rich in assorted trees, shrubs, fruit trees, animals, grasses, rivers, streams and lakes among other gifts of nature, they gradually conditioned themselves to suit their new environment. As great hunters and with skills in irrigation farming acquired when the Israelites sojourned in Egypt, they made effective use of the arable land aided by the several streams around and turned the area into a food basket. Being an agrarian people, they developed their planting seasons and times with agriculture as its base. And with good knowledge of astronomy which they learnt from their ancestral home, they were able to count their seasons, festivals and time using the appearance of the moon and its cycle.

Having found this fertile and uninhabited land, nor was there the need to fight for territorial expansion, and being of one family, the descendants of Jabbokigbo found no reason to migrate. Rather what took place was movement of families to occupy other uninhabited lands not far away from each other. This explains the close proximity of communities in Igbo land as they all recognize their filial relationship with one another which does not require inter-communal boundaries. Later as a result of attacks by neighbours, the Igbo were dispersed to other lands across the great river Niger, up to the great ocean bordering Rivers states, Cross river and Delta states in the present day Nigeria.

In spite of the fact that they finally settled at present day Igbo Ukwu, the greatest legacy bestowed by the Igbo in their various lands of sojourning was the bequeathing of the art of bronze and iron works, which was very active around 500 B.C to 200 A.D., a period marked by the discovery of metal works and iron smelting. It is a time noted for the great sculptural works with varied representations in forms of animals, human heads and figures, which incidentally tallies with the history of Igbo contact with the people living in the Niger tributaries and beyond. This historical link was further demonstrated by the size of the bronze and iron works which were found in the final settlement; Igbo-Ukwu. Another mark of this history is shown by the fact that Igbo-Ukwu bronze works show a similarity with what was found in other excavated sites such as Lake Chad area, Ile-Ife bronze works, Jebba discoveries in Kwara State, Esie in Niger State, Tor-Uga works in the southern part of Abuja, the terracotta and the Benin bronze works. The knowledge and workings of iron smelting and bronze work techniques is further shown as exclusive to Igbos as shown in Awka and Igbo-Ukwu bronze smiths among others. Though the bronze objects found in Igbo-Ukwu were carbon dated 9th century A.D which may be earlier than this, one significant thing remains, the Igbo-Ukwu bronze culture undoubtedly is found in all the migration routes of the Igbos in all parts of Nigeria. This is coupled with the fact that Igbo-Ukwu has the largest deposits of bronze so far discovered in Africa. According to history, the art of bronze casting came to an abrupt end in Igbo-Ukwu after the empire was conquered by the Okotu, while the bronze works in order to be protected were buried as seen in other old Igbo settlements, which were later excavated.[/size]
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 8:30pm On Jul 23, 2009
ole and idots people

u think u can fool us!!

yall better shata b ooooooooo for good

and if na lie, go ask the oldest yorujuju still livin

yeye
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 8:31pm On Jul 23, 2009
kia they know go like hear this one oooo

kia sorri oooo

sorri ode cool
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 8:32pm On Jul 23, 2009
igbos in ife abeg

come out now, lets solve this for once

foolish trait
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 8:36pm On Jul 23, 2009
now just to proof to u that i aint lyin

this is a source from ur own biased oduduwa claimin the igbos invaded ife!!; but hey what do u expect from oduduwa that is in love of hatin the the truth

however one thing certain okokodeji-juju is oduduwa himself accepted there were igbos in ife

now see the influnce in the so called art oduduwa are braggin on, na craze

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=NjMF9qCM1_wC&pg=PA70&lpg=PA70&dq=igbos+in+ife&source=bl&ots=Nh5_4Fccs4&sig=icmqpI6p4o4Ta_HM_88MZ2DrHrw&hl=en&ei=p7poSp3bGuWrjAezxPSyCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 8:44pm On Jul 23, 2009
as far back as when the atom busted abi

the igbos has be worshippin via masqurades, hmmm

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/757032/African-art/57131/Nigeria

yorujuju-for where

it either yall with us or not

all these hates aint go prevail at all at all ooo
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2009
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 8:52pm On Jul 23, 2009
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/specials/1624_story_of_africa/page86.shtml

even bbc cant be wrong

oduduwa u wicked bastard; why did u kill all the igbos in ife

now oyo is like power place in yorujuju culture

so u can see the influence of the igbos right there

so yoruba people; may una start to respect nna-okoro oooo

hmmm hate; losers
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Eziachi: 8:52pm On Jul 23, 2009
okokomeji:

You said Igbos are the most educated in Nigeria and I said no, I need a proof. You point to me that, through SSCE statistics, Imo State is by far the highest. I didn't doubt that with it. But, I said Yoruba is by far the most educated and I would prove it to you, so that you know it's not by accident buts corollary.

Next time, when you brag about Igbo's education, don't try it around Yorubas. You already know that any spot your people hit today, we (Yorubas) had been there, done there and past there two millenniums.
In 1950, the primary and secondary schools in ONDO STATE alone is more than the whole schools in the East.
That’s not convincing enough.
They see all the states in East before they named (Ekiti state has the fountain of knowledge) a state where every family boosted of atleast one professor.
In the modern day Nigeria, Ondo state still has the highest rate of primary schools (810) and secondary schools (220).
Nigeria as of today boosts 105 tertiary institutions and more than 60 is from the west alone.
The two only institutions that made it to worldlist (Ife and OAU) are from South West. If they are going to include third one, it will be UNILAG.
                           Between 1953 to 1959
             The first region to grant autonomy in Nigeria
•   One of the most efficiently run civil service in the Common wealth.
•   A respectable judicial system as against the Sharia law system of the north.
•   The first industrial estate in Africa.
•   Free and efficient health care delivery system.
•   The first radio and television station in Africa
•   The best road network in Nigeria.
•   Free education at all levels with an effective scholarship scheme, which still accounts for why there exists a yawning educational gap between the west and other parts of the country.
•   The first international stadium in Africa
•   The first ever tallest building in Africa (Cocoa house) commissioned in 1965

Muritala Muhammed, seized power from Gowon. Knowing that the Federal civil service was dominated by the Yorubas, because of their early exposure to Western education, 10,000 civil servants were sacked in a day. This was widely celebrated in the whole Igbo land with “Ogogoro champagne” popping in the air; hoping before the end of 1990s Yorubas strength would be weaken. Ha  ha ha ha, oops! Before they know we still going super-strong!

QUOTE from ((The Yoruba Today,

J.S. Eades

(Originally published by Cambridge University Press 1980)
))
The first is the sheer mass of material available: the Baldwins' bibliography (1976) has nearly 3500 references, to which I could add a few hundred more. The Yoruba must be unique in Africa in having four universities located in their homeland, all with flourishing history and social science departments deeply committed to the academic mode of production.

With all these grand qualities and being the best educated of yours, Can we now then said that you are ready to go it alone like the rest of us had been calling? As you are the only one pushing for one Nigeria by all means?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 4:09am On Jul 24, 2009
Hello,
All Bia-rats, I still remain myself. The one and only Okokomeji, I’m drippin’ right now with my bigger-ass Yoruba swagger! You might think I’m cocky, I might just be. You call it Yoruba chauvinism or bourgeois, that’s how I live. I’m still the same garrulous boy that you love to hate, now I’m about to set the record straight.
Igbo people why do you always compromise?
1) Sonny Odogwe said public of the news that Wole Soyinka and Obasanjo are not Nigerians.
I asked who is he? Definitely nobody!
I don’t like praying incestuous Gorrilla a.k.a. OBJ, but as you might not like he has left a giant step on the sand of time. Wole Soyinka, the first African to get a Noble laureate and y’all think he’s bummed?
2) You always think you (Igbos) are vying with Yorubas; for really? When you are culturally inferior by all standards.
Would it be in education, politics, culture and exposure? I told every last one of you that Yoruba superiority is not by accident, it’s simply corollary.
3) To all Yorubas, Igbo people will never let you immortalize anything from Egba and Ife. They believe everything in Ife and Egba is theirs (being properties, land and the people.
So, no way for Obasanjo, Wole Soyinka and MKO Abiola. If una want Obasanjo and Wole Soyinka? We can only give you Obasanjo not our precious Wole Soyinka. They believe in their myths, that Egbas are the smartest and richest, and like jews with their business acumen. Therefore, Egbas are Igbos (because it’s what Igbo people known for). LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The world renowned archaeologists have said it many times without numbered; that Ife is the cradle of Life and civilization (it’s also like Abuja of Nigeria to the whole world; because it’s located exactly at the middle of the globe). Igbo people attested that it’s true, but it’s theirs.
They said Egba means egbo, that Yorubas changed it to Egba.
Let me clear my throat on that one; I say it often that there are just two languages in the world that share similarity with Yoruba, which are Spanish and French. But Yorubas surpass them in both (Stress and accent marks), those marks make our language a prototype of its own.
Get the fact straight:
Egba is no where derived from Egbo!
In Yoruba, through the stress and accent marks; Egba can mean five things.
Egba (take)
Egba (Whipping cane)
Egba (beads or bangles)
Egba (I will let you know)
Egba (Abeokuta people)
Yoruba is the most coded language in the world, if you are a programmer, the more you code the better your work be. Accent marks have never been found in Igbo usage, everything is plain. Yoruba has more vowel and consonant than Igbo language.
4) Ifa is the Yoruba almighty divination modules, you would even have to be a trained warrior or priest under the tutelage of guardianship to discern it and was never meant for outsiders. Ife has always been the cradle of Yoruba and will forever be. So, if Igbos think they own Ife, they should come out with more convincing facts; rather than deceiving yourselves.

5) How many Yorubas in Nigeria? 48 million people!

How many want to worship Orisha? If I’m right, it would be not up to one million. That means we are letting our ancestors fade away little by little. I understand where many Yorubas are coming from? I think they still get bogged by their ancient astronomical fetish and supernatural lifestyles. Luckily for us, Yoruba religion (the only religion that made it out of Africa) is dual in nature. It composes of RITUAL AND ART, the art which includes (cultural dance, music, gospel, display of artifacts and e.t.c. ) Like they say in Yoruba (chicken does not have values at home; until it goes outside) that is the perfect description of Yoruba art and culture.
Currently, in American continent; it has an estimate of 70 million adherent followers. It could have even net 100 million; but during the slavery, the USA whites ratio to blacks is 6 to 1. So, they succeeded in outlawing beaten of Bata drums and practicing Orisha (when caught often equivalent to death by hanging which called lynching by then.
It so much practicing in every nooks and crannies of South America. We need to revisit our past cultural history (let’s forget about the ritual part but focus on the arts), this could bring more tourism to Nigeria. You might think it’s funny? Marlon Jackson wants to invest $3.4 billion dollars to build topmost world resort in Badagry town of Lagos and has the “Jackson five’s name ” inscribes on a life-size computerize billboard. Did you think it’s only for USA black folks? It’s for all 70 million adherent followers, before any other black people.

Give me a break Igbo people! You are wasting your time and your money which supposed to be spent on important things in the east (by traveling down to South America to convince people that all the black folks are yours, while majority of them claimed they are from Ife. Then, you started crying that you own IFE too. There has never been any iota of Igbo trace to Ife, please stop deceiving yourselves.

Despites, majority of us want to do away with “Orisha” will never let Igbos who are culturally inferior to us claimed the glory for the greatest achievement of our ancestors. Because, Igbo people trying hard to convince them, that’s like a blessing to us, they troop like battalions to Nigeria to see how life is from their providence in Ife. Everything is on youtube.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 4:16am On Jul 24, 2009
ikeyman00:

now just to proof to u that i aint lyin

this is a source from ur own biased oduduwa claimin the igbos invaded ife!!; but hey what do u expect from oduduwa that is in love of hatin the the truth

however one thing certain okokodeji-juju is oduduwa himself accepted there were igbos in ife

now see the influnce in the so called art oduduwa are braggin on, na craze

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=NjMF9qCM1_wC&pg=PA70&lpg=PA70&dq=igbos+in+ife&source=bl&ots=Nh5_4Fccs4&sig=icmqpI6p4o4Ta_HM_88MZ2DrHrw&hl=en&ei=p7poSp3bGuWrjAezxPSyCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2
Trust me, you can win me on Ife issues. I might think you are a novice on that topic.

You never told me your people want Wole Soyinka and Obasanjo because they are Egbas?
This is what I got from Igbo quack scientist Philips Emeaguali. If you want to doubt that, tell me what he has discovered (and don't tell me computer super super ooooo). A lot of Igbo guys debunked him and it's true what they alleged him for!

http://emeagwali.com/letters/dear-professor-emeagwali-onye-igbo-ka-nbu.htm

Ishaq D. Al-Sulaimani
Vernon (Alufiel) Grier, Ed.D

THE GREATER IGBO NATION-- IDENTIFYING IGBO VARIANTS DURING THE ERA OF THE SLAVE TRADE

THE EGBA ARE IGBO
Southwest Nigeria is commonly referred to as “Yorubaland” which is home to a mosaic of distinct tribes and tribal states who collectively form the present day Yoruba tribal identity, however the original Yoruba designation exclusively referred to the Oyo, a tribe who at one time lived amongst the Hausas in what is presently Northern Nigeria. In fact the word Yoruba is of Hausa origins.
Misrepresentations of Nigeria the Facts and the Figures by Yusef Bala Usman, PhD – Center for Democratic Development, Research and Training.
“The fact is that the earliest record we have of the use of the very name Yoruba was in the Hausa Language and it seems to have applied to the people of the Alfinate Oyo. Don Masani wrote a book on the Muslim scholars of the Yarriba.”
Over the centuries the Oyo were gradually driven southward where they in turn became the conquerors of the indigenous people of “Southwest Nigeria” who like their Southeastern counterparts were referred to as the Igbo. The Southwestern Igbo were protected by an army of masked warriors known as the Egbo or Egba. Olumida Lucas states that the name Egba is synonymous with Igbo. The Indigenous Igbo(Egba) lived in the forest area surrounding Ife. The name Ife derives from an Igbo system of “divination” called Ifa. It was at Ife that the Igbo(Egba) were first confronted by Odudwa who along with his youngest son Oranyan are remembered as the founders of the Oyo(Yoruba) Kingdom at Ife. At the time of Odudwa’s invasion the indigenous Igbo(Egba) resided under the leadership of Obatala whose name means the Oba or Obi Ala. Obi or Oba was initially an Igbo title of authority and Ala is the land deity of the Igbo. Amongst the Egbo tribes of Calabar the Oba appears in the form of the deity Obassi who is also called Abassi.
Like the indigenous forest dwelling Igbos, the present day Egbas are historically associated with the Obas. In fact the name of the Egba ruling council known as the Ogboni relates to the Igbo word Ogbonna which indirectly refers to an elder.

The Wikipedia Encyclopedia – “Yoruba”
“The numerous Egba communities found in the forests below Oyo’s Savannah region were a notable example of elected Obas though the Ogboni, a legislative judicial council of notable elders wielded the actual political power.”
(The Ogboni “Cult” played a central role in the Brazil slave rebellion of 1809.)
In their initial encounters the Oyo(Yoruba) were unable to penetrate the frightening Egba(Igbo) as these intimidating masked forest dwellers mastered the art of instilling fear into their opponents. In defense of their homeland the Egba(Igbo) went further in raiding and burning down the intruding Oyo(Yoruba) settlements in the town at Ife.
The Egba were first defeated through the scheming of a woman named Moremi who allowed herself to be captured as she used her beauty to seduce the Igbo(Egba) King into revealing the secrets of the masked Egba warriors. She later returned to the Oyo providing her countrymen with the necessary information needed to finally conquer the Igbo(Egba) Kingdom. This defeat of the Igbo(Egba) is celebrated every year at the annual Eid Festival of Ife.
In 1835, the Egba declared themselves to be independent of the Oyo(Yoruba) and in response the Oyo along with the Ijebu drove them out of Ibadan, Ife and other towns north of their present day capital of Abeokuta. As a result of contact between the Ijebu and the Indigenous Igbo the city Ijebu-Igbo was established. The founding of the Egba Kingdom of Abeokuta in 1837 is considered to be the last kingdom to be recognized within the “Yoruba federation of tribes”. By this time the term Yoruba had expanded beyond its original usage in referring to the Oyo and now generally applied to all of the inhabitants of Southwestern Nigeria.
The tradition of the masked Egba(Igbo) warriors is likewise documented in Southeast Nigeria amongst the followers of the Egbo Society of Calabar.

EGBO – A secret society at one time existing as a political bond between various towns especially Eastern Nigeria. – World Book Dictionary A-K 1974.
In 1876, the Scottish Presbyterian missionary Mary Slessor came to Calabar. According to the accountings of Ms. Slessor in the “Igbo” dominated areas a secret society known as Egbo went around in masks and beat people. She claimed to have chased a group of Egbo and tore off a mask. The image of Mary Slessor would later appear on the 10 pound British Monetary note. (The Egbo/Egba warriors seem to have a problem or weakness in defending themselves against foreign women. First Moremi in the west informs her people to burn the masks of the Egba(Igbo) warriors and later in the east Mary Slessor claims to have ripped a mask off of an Egbo man.)
The Egba of Abeokuta worship a deity called the Oro. Oro is a god who resides in a bush. In honor of Oro a sacred ceremony is performed at a secluded spot inside the bush. This ceremony is called Igbo Oro and is very similar to bush ceremonies observed by the Egbo Society of Calabar. There are many similar practices and rituals performed by both the Egba of “Yorubaland” and the Egbo Society of the east. In this regard it is of interest to note the name of the Biafran Officer from Ejagham(Calabar), the formidable Captain Ndom Egba.
Although the concept of Legba varies it began as an ancestral memorial designed to maintain the Egba identity during times of persecution and hardship. Legba is also known as Eshu and relates to the deity Isua which is honored in the Egbo Society as the Master of Ceremonies. Legba was also activated in the New World as a means to counter modern slavery and its attempts to wipe out the Egba identity of the captives. The deity is described in Yoruba mythology as the “Divine trickster” because of his ability to outwit his fellow gods. Evidences of Legba have been documented throughout the Americas in such places as Brazil, Guyana, Trinidad, Haiti and New Orleans under various names such as Lebba, Legba, Elegbara and Liba. It is the Igbo descended Mina tribes such as the Ewe and Fon who are most readily associated with the Legba variant.
The term Elegbara is of great significance because not only does the name appear in the Americas amongst Igbo descended captives meaning the Egba and the Mina tribes, but is also the name of a tribe that lives on the Southern Sudanese, Northern Ugandan border and of whom are likewise related to the Igbos of Nigeria as they are known by the variant of Elegbara being called the Lugbara. When traveling in Uganda I personally met a Lugbara Doctor of Medicine who previously studied alongside of Igbo students from Nigeria. The Lugbara man stated that he could understand much of the Igbo Language which held a great deal in common with his own Lugbara Tongue. Through numerous and prominent cultural and linguistic affinities the Lugbara man was definitely convinced that the Lugbara and the Igbo are akin.
Similar to the Igbo of the east, the western Igbo descended Egba were always known to be revolutionaries in continual revolt against the Colonial British authorities, European missionaries and their traditional Yoruba enemies being primarily that of the Oyo and Ijebu. In 1929 the Igbo market women of the east led a tax revolt against the Colonial British Government which became known as the Abia Women’s Tax Revolt. The Egba women carried out a similar tax revolt in 1947 known as the Abeokuta Women’s Tax Revolt of Egba Market Women. The Egba market women were led by Fumilayo Ransome Kuti, a teacher and wife of a prominent Egba educationalist. The protest of over 10,000 Egba women caused the governing authorities to abolish taxes on women for several years and the Alake who conspired with the Colonial authorities spent three years in exile in Oshogbo.
Many of the positive social and ethical traits which are often associated with the Igbo are historically documented as being characteristic of the Egba as well. Robert Campbell who along with Martin Robison Delaney signed a pact with Egba leaders for the right of resettlement of African-Americans to “Egbaland” states that the Egba are the most industrious people on the face of the earth. (Burton 1863:101)
James Africanus Beale Horton concerning the Egba(Akus) “It must be admitted without question that there are no people on the coast who are so hard working and so long suffering in proportion to what they expect in return.” He also went on to say that the Egba as a race are amongst the most industrious, persevering and hard working people on the coast of Africa. (Horton 1969:149)
In terms of education the Egba like the Igbo are deserving of great acclaim. The first Black-African to receive a Nobel Prize in Literature was an Egba man named Wole Soyinka who like the Igbo actively opposed the Nigerian Government during the Biafran War. Soyinka was detained by agents of the state between 1967 and 1969. In this regard Booker T. Washington whose middle name, Tanifeani, attests to Egba origins should be noted as the founder of the famous Tuskegee Institute.
In Brazil an organized Ibo revolt led to the establishment of the Independent “Ibo Republic” of Palmares which lasted 45 years. Being consistent with “Igbo resistance” Palmares ended in a massive suicide of Ibo warriors who preferred death to capture. The city Ibotirama testifies to a strong Ibo presence in the region, however as in the case of Haiti, Afro-Brazilian culture and religious practices are more readily associated with that of the “Yoruba”(Egba) including the worship of Legba.
Olukwumu is spoken in Brazil and interestingly enough in a few Western Ibo communities such as Anioma, Idumu-ogu, Ubulubu, Ugbodu, Ugboba and Okwumuzu. In fact communities bearing the name Olukwumu(Olukumi) still exist amongst the Western Ibo. Although this dialect cannot be found in the Yoruba heartland it remains in reference as a “lost dialect of the Yoruba Language”. All of the above clearly indicates that many of the captives in Brazil including those who successfully revolted in the establishment of Palmares were of western Ibo origins and like the Egba are being mistakenly classified as Yoruba. In Brazil the Western Ibo were accompanied by a massive importing of Ebos from Angola and Ibos from Mozambique, the latter further accounting for the dominant and preferable Ibo usage amongst the Brazilian captives.
In Cuba the Olukwumu were referred to as the Olukumi, Lukumi or Akumi. The Egba have traditionally resisted identification with the term Yoruba preferring to be called Egbas or Akus. Slaves in Cuba known as the Lukumi or Akumi meaning of the Egba people were well known for suicide resistance which often found them handing from the branches of the Guasima trees. This being very similar to the “Igbo” resisters of Haiti who were likewise remembered for suicide resistance as understood in the Haitian saying, Ebos pend cor a yo, meaning the Ebos hang themselves. The relationship between the names Olukwumu and Olukumi with that of Akumi(Aku or Egba) further solidifies the common origins which link the Western Ibo and the Egba peoples.
The Egba who like the Igbo were originally known as forest dwellers are acknowledged to have been at one time living east of their present day location. The process which led to the vanquished links of brotherhood between the Igbo and the Egba can be characterized by the often strained relations that currently exist between some of the eastern and western Igbo communities of today.
Biafran Nigerian World Message Board-JAN. 6th 2004 Efulefu of Western Kind.
“… lately some misguided Igbo people of Anioma/Ibusa (in short Western Igbo stock), have been making anti-Igbo noises. I read that a group of 419 purporting to represent Anioma and all Western Igbo issued a statement disavowing their Igboness… If you are from Western Igboland and you no longer wish to consider yourself Igbo you have only one option. Pack your damned bags and leave otherwise we are coming!!!”
History not only records the common origins of the Egba and the Igbo but their common destiny as they are identified as two groups most devastated by the slave trade which is expressed in the following;
“The Egba have suffered more than any other nation in West Africa from the depredation of the slave trade.”
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Beaf: 5:48am On Jul 24, 2009
okokomeji:

@Abagworo
It's a Yoruba deity or is it Igbo? You could provide your facts, because I have mine. First of all, this is one of my links: http://www.eskimo.com/~elladan/gods/description.html
I told one of you before, where the masqurade came from? The whole knows it's a Yoruba Idol and I thank God the truth has prevealed.

As surely as the sun will shine, you can expect okokomeji to post tons of stuff that nobody can or will read. www.eskimo.com?
@okokomeji. When did that become any sort of authority to quote? My friend go and drink tombo with OPC!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 24, 2009
The Egbo/Egba warriors seem to have a problem or weakness in defending themselves against foreign women.  First Moremi in the west informs her people to burn the masks of the Egba(Igbo) warriors and later in the east Mary Slessor claims to have ripped a mask off of an Egbo man

good point. Probably one of the reasons why they're so anti-women in the first place. They know their achilles' heel.

The Moremi masquerades were also called Ugbo in some versions. I've never heard them being referred to as Egba before. Though its a possibility but seems rather far fetched, since the Ifes shouldnt have found them that strange if they were Egba.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 7:36am On Jul 24, 2009
okojujudeji

keep foolin urself

we will continue tellin the truth the oduduwa embellish to hate

the ball surely is in ur court

that makes u look like u are havin fun

igbo is always in ife, hey picture the igbo spirit in the yoru-juju culture;either u live it up or not, the truth will prevail

nevertheless one thing certain is, the igbos were always in ife where they lived until the useless and wicked oduduwa conquer them, they even helped the yorubas to fight some of wicked oduduwa rules
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 7:45am On Jul 24, 2009
ur hates for the igbos will continue to be define in the boundaries of envy and jealousy!!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 10:11am On Jul 24, 2009
tpia.:

good point. Probably one of the reasons why they're so anti-women in the first place. They know their achilles' heel.

The Moremi masquerades were also called Ugbo in some versions. I've never heard them being referred to as Egba before. Though its a possibility but seems rather far fetched, since the Ifes shouldnt have found them that strange if they were Egba.

Ha ba, African American feminist movement of 19th century drew its succors and references from these powerful Yoruba female warriors.
Omosa, Iya Ofa, Afunsetan Aniwura, Moremi and e.t.c.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 10:27am On Jul 24, 2009
ikeyman00:

okojujudeji

keep foolin urself

we will continue tellin the truth the oduduwa embellish to hate

the ball surely is in ur court

that makes u look like u are havin fun

igbo is always in ife, hey picture the igbo spirit in the yoru-juju culture;either u live it up or not, the truth will prevail

nevertheless one thing certain is, the igbos were always in ife where they lived until the useless and wicked oduduwa conquer them, they even helped the yorubas to fight some of wicked oduduwa rules
A Cuban female writer Christine Ayorinde : http://planetgrenada..com/2005/07/santeria-and-islam.html

If Cuban president Fidelis Castro could convert to Santeria who are you to call it juju by the way? Read this!"Ayorinde breaks new ground in her important discussion of the evolution of revolutionary policy toward religion in general, and Afro-Cuban religious practice in particular. . . . Although she is careful not to overstate her case, the conclusion one can draw from her book is that the nation Fidel Castro declared to be 'Afro-Latin' in 1975 is in the process of becoming the world's first socialist state acknowledging (however tacitly) a congeries of African-derived religious forms as its 'national' religion."--Stephan Palmié, University of Chicago”

I know you won’t have a problem with this oooo, because it was formed by a white man.
[b]Allan Kardec formed spiriticism under the influence of Orisha in 19th century. He had a “rule book” for it. It because so widely accepted in most of the Europe and Central America. He got his knowlegde from a Yoruba religion when Western region fell under french protectorate, because british deposed them. [/b]
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 10:39am On Jul 24, 2009
ikeyman00:

ur hates for the igbos will continue to be define in the boundaries of envy and jealousy!!
It's Igbos that crossed my line, they want to steal Yoruba legacy. I gave you all the evidence and you never reciprocate me back. Check this out!
Thank you for your link: http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/757032/African-art/57131/Nigeria
Go back there and read these highlights below.

Sculpture and associated arts » West Africa » Nigeria » Ife and Yoruba
The Yoruba peoples inhabit a large part of southwestern Nigeria. [b]Their art traditions are of considerable antiquity. Excavations at Ife, in central Yorubaland (the site of the creation of the world in some Yoruba myths), have shown that naturalistic sculpture in brass and pottery was being produced sometime between ad 1100 and 1450. The sculptures may represent royal figures and their attendants, and life-size portrait heads in brass were perhaps used as part of funerary effigies.[/[/i]b] During this time, Ife appears to have had widespread importance, and the naturalism of its art seems to have influenced the basic development of Yoruba sculptural style. Throughout Yorubaland, human figures are represented in a fundamentally naturalistic way, except for bulging eyes; flat, protruding, and usually parallel lips; and stylized ears. The evolution of these characteristics can be observed in a number of pottery sculptures at Ife, which, on stylistic grounds, are considered to be relatively late.

[i]Remember, I told you the life-size Ife head sculpture that was found in America and dated back before Christopher Columbus.

Sculpture and associated arts » West Africa » Nigeria » Igbo
On both sides of the Niger, but mainly to the east, live the Igbo. Traditionally they have lived in small and often isolated settlements scattered through the forest. Only on the northern and western edges of the area, under influence from Igala and Benin, are hereditary rulers found. In Igbo society there is strong social pressure toward individual distinction, and men can move upward through successive grades by demonstrating their achievements and their generosity

You see what your like says: Only on the northern and western edges of the area, under influence from Igala and Benin You are bummed, Benin and Igala just housed your people.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 10:48am On Jul 24, 2009
ikeyman00:

http://equianoconfnigeria.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!D3DEE200CCB90A7E!156.entry

In 1967, Haiti became the only country outside of Africa to recognize the independent Igbo Republic of Biafra in secession from Nigeria. The vote of confidence in favor of Biafra on the part of this tine Caribbean nation was due to the Haitian’s memory of their own “Igbo” revolutionary past. The numerous and successful slave revolts in Haiti are clearly documented as “Igbo” uprisings but yet we find the strongest presence of the ancestral deity Legba(Eshu) amongst the Haitians. In Haiti Legba is described as the most powerful of all the Loa. He is the guardian of the sun and his color is black. The guardian of the sun is most likely a code for the “Land of the Rising Sun” which is an ancient Igbo reference for the Land of Biafra. [b]The Igbo revolutionaries and devoutees of Legba(Eshu) in Haiti were in actuality the Igbo descended Mina tribes such as the Ewe and Fon(Fongbe) who are well associated with the worship and reverence for Legba.[/[/i]b] [i]Don’t tell me Legba is Igbo idol? You went to Haiti; they chased you off, that means no deity that came out of Africa that is stronger than Legba. You need to deal with.[/i]I know why the cage bird sings! Haba, you are not serious, so you want to rewrite Yoruba history to soothe yours?

(((Don’t misconstrue me ooo, this was just written of recent oooo.))) On behalf of my co-authors, I thank you all as I salute and bow before the Divinity in all Igbo and in you.

Catherine Acholonu,
Washington D. C., April 4th, 2009.
http://equianoconfnigeria.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!D3DEE200CCB90A7E!156.entry

See how your people are displaying the ignorance of Ifa divination:

In fact the ‘Out of Africa’ phenomenon whereby Early Man left the African continent to populate other continents of the globe, was a Mega-Igbo Phenomenon, occasioned by the incurable Igbo urge to expand, discover and settle. We found evidence of Anambra-speaking ichi-bearing Igbos in Anatolia (Turkey) and the Aegean as far back as 2,500 B.C. [i]The Awka/Nri/Nkanu/Nsukka/Enugu cultural phenomenon was an offshoot of ancient Nok, the lost Holy City of Light, Old Ife/Ihe, the seat of Idu - a world-renowned sovereign who ruled the world from the center of the Earth, which is in today’s Nigeria - a place marked in ancient maps of the world as Median Biafra (a ‘Median’ in any map is the center of that map).
They gave Egypt its first god-men or Pharaohs (Opara-Ihe) before 9,000 B. C.

Yoruba Ifa Oral History maintains that the greatest god known to the Yoruba was Obatala (Oba ntu ala), who is the ancestor of the Igbo nation. Ifa claims that Obatala was the god who saved the earth after the Deluge. Ifa priests refer to him as “Osere Igbo: the Ancient of Days, the First Son of God … the Prince of Peace … the one who conquered death by rising from the dead after 16 days in the grave”. These are, to say the least vital discoveries about Igbo origins and identity unknown to the Igbo themselves.

Our ongoing research shows that the Igbo were the first sons within the Kwa language family, thus we were able to prove Adiele Afigbo’s Mega Igbo/Proto-Kwa hypothesis, and we told him so at the Ahiajoku lecture, and he was very happy. We found very deep-rooted Kwa and Igbo links with the Nok civilization and with the lost continent of Atlantis. We found that Nri was an offshoot of the Nok civilization of the Niger-Benue confluence, which was the so called Old Ife of Idu fame, the locale of the famous filial rivalry between the Yoruba ancestor and his Igbo senior brother Obatala Tell me when Yoruba Oduduwa related to IGBOS? Which led to their parting ways and to the loss of the Oduduwa title by the Igbo ancestor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Ijaw Youths To Meet On Outcome Of Presidential Poll / Osinbajo, Masari, Ahmed Lawan Visit Bola Tinubu In Lagos (Pics) / PDP Submits Kwankwaso’s Son-in-law’s Name As Kano Guber Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.