Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Fashola Warns Mend - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Warns Mend (22651 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ehoi: 12:55am On Jul 17, 2009
Bialegend:

Exactly the same way the Ijaws helped other nigerians to fight and subdue Biafrans durign the war and are now after several years, fighting and paying with their blood for the same cause they fought against several years ago.
By the way, if you are calling for Yorubas to get up and support MEND or any other group fighting for the right cause, you are just wasting your time. Hypocrites and chameleons are not known to support a just cause.

Lets move on from 1966. Most of MEND fighters weren't even born then.
Besides, its now niger delta struggle not just Ijaw.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by lastpage: 1:01am On Jul 17, 2009
Beerlegend,
You can swear all you want and call "Yorobos" any kind of name you want, it only shows how ignorant a rant you are.
I am yet to see any nationality that can achieve anything, on a national scale without at least one other nation! So, if the "mallans" are idiots and the "Yorobos" are chameleons, go figure out the rest, if you have the cranial ability! grin

Lastpage
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ehoi: 1:04am On Jul 17, 2009
Lastpage
I believe you have based your splendid writeup on one or two false assumptions.
The first is you wrongly assumed MEND and the niger delta want to secede. Wrong.
They just want to have their full rights as a nation within the context of nigeria.
The second assumption which springs from the first is that you think the niger delta needs the sympathy of other regions to achieve their aim and objectives. Wrong. They are already about to achieve their aim with or without this sympathy. The federal government has already indicated a willingness to meet their demands.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by akigbemaru: 1:05am On Jul 17, 2009
@Presido1
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Honestly i really don't know the stand of the South West on all that is going on in Nigeria now. They will always stay less concerned and try to side the winning side. Its pathetic to say the least. They are neither here nor there in conflict situation

"South West where do you stand"
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The same position we were before Bia-rats' war. We don't want war anymore! We have had enough inter-tribal wars among ourselves, Hausa-Fulani powered by Saudi-Iran-Indonesian-Pakistan wars (when the peaceful Islam aims were to forcefully convert us to Muslims (Jihad), European colonial wars e.t.c. So, you not in position to talk about war, you only fought one and lose awfully. If you want to break away you your power and separate, but don't think Yoruba will help you out.
If Nigeria breaks today, the whole south west, starting from that river Niger (providence) straight down to its confluence by Atlantic Ocean will be governed. Maybe Oyegbo wants to cross water and rule ND on south west territory if they break away. Super-fool that calls oyel instead of oil.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by mbulela: 1:36am On Jul 17, 2009
i am really disappointed at how this thread has degenerated to an exchange of ethnic jingoism.
it is a shame that people are letting ethnic afilitions allow them condone criminality.
i am not a fan of letting out private info online, but if anyone should be a fan of the militants, i should be one.
like i stated in page 1 of this thread, this is plain CRIMINALITY.
there is no struggle or movement in this so called militancy.
this is a money making venture with no ideology involved.
until the govt has the balls to deal with this, the country is screwed.
the problem is that most of the people in govt are benefiting from this scenario.
this amnesty crap is just another propaganda for the those in govt to make money.
have you heard the billions voted for the amnesty and rehabilitation program?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by HajiaTanko: 1:43am On Jul 17, 2009
mbulela:

i am really disappointed at how this thread has degenerated to an exchange of ethnic jingoism.
it is a shame that people are letting ethnic afilitions allow them condone criminality.
i am not a fan of letting out private info online, but if anyone should be a fan of the militants, i should be one.
there is no struggle or movement in this so called militancy
the problem is that most of the people in govt are benefiting from this scenario.
this amnesty crap is just another propaganda for the those in govt to make money.

Say it LOUD!!!!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by HajiaTanko: 1:46am On Jul 17, 2009
Imagine a thief claimin rights in Nigeria?

Thief with a whole squad bombin places and leaving bold threats.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by dedeike: 2:00am On Jul 17, 2009
i wonder how people like one(divided)naija can say this kind of things i've always known this forum as one where people contribute meaningfuly to debates,not opening their mouths to speak jargon.pls moderator take note.like some facebookers have invaded our lovely forum.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ehoi: 2:04am On Jul 17, 2009
mbulela:

there is no struggle or movement in this so called militancy.
chief mbulela
It seems to me you only side the criminals you want to see.
If MEND actions in Lagos is criminal, then Nigeria's actions in the Niger delta in the last 40 years is nothing short of criminality. Criminal Nigeria seems to only understand the language of criminality. Please lets leave two criminals to slug it out.

You say there is no struggle or movement in this so called militancy. Why be the judge and jury on a matter that is more of the Niger Delta business? According to them, they see a movement and a struggle. And I believe their opinion matters most.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Remii(m): 3:32am On Jul 17, 2009
Bialegend:

Exactly the same way the Ijaws helped other nigerians to fight and subdue Biafrans durign the war and are now after several years, fighting and paying with their blood for the same cause they fought against several years ago.
By the way, if you are calling for Yorubas to get up and support MEND or any other group fighting for the right cause, you are just wasting your time. Hypocrites and chameleons are not known to support a just cause.

If I remember very well Benjamin Adekunle, Obasanjo and Alani Akinrinade in that order, were the Commanders of 3rd Marine Commando that liberated PortHarcourt in the Biafra war. Anyway that is irrelevant now, MEND should be sensible in their agitations and beware of hitting wrong target, if they loose relevant sympathy they would not win.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ehoi: 3:40am On Jul 17, 2009
Remii:

If I remember very well Benjamin Adekunle, Obasanjo and Alani Akinrinade in that order, were the Commanders of 3rd Marine Commando that liberated PortHarcourt in the Biafra war. Anyway that is irrelevant now, MEND should be sensible in their agitations and beware of hitting wrong target, if they loose relevant sympathy they would not win.
Remii
They have already won and they didn't need any sympathy from other regions.
Its other regions that need their sympathy so they can be given the opportunity to join MEND in negotiating their own freedom with the federal government. Other regions need to be restructured too but they are too timid to speak the language the government hears.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ehoi: 3:41am On Jul 17, 2009
Remii:

Remii
They have already won and they didn't need any sympathy from other regions.
Its other regions that need their sympathy so they can be given the opportunity to join MEND in negotiating their own freedom with the federal government. Other regions need to be restructured too but they are too timid to speak the language the government hears.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by fayahsoul: 4:07am On Jul 17, 2009
The second Biafran wave will make MEND look like childs play.

Re: Fashola Warns Mend by NegroNtns(m): 5:13am On Jul 17, 2009
For God's sake, put your Yoruba hat, your Hausa hat and Igbo hat to the side and strap on the Nigeria hat and then you can express your feelings about this. That will motivate you to speak objectively about the problem.

Fashola is correct, Lagos is no longer Nigerian capital. You all can relocate to the new capital now. However if you are going to stay in Lagos or visit Lagos it will be on terms with the safety and consideration for life and property. You are not allowed to blow anything up and it doesnt matter if you are from North, SW, SE or SS. You cannot seek justice for oil inequalities with the destruction of commercial activities in Lagos. Ifthat's your goal then you are not welcome, you are banned from entering the state or any of its posessions and failing which the state reserves the right to exert appropriate penalty and punishment on violators.

Its as simple as that, take it or leave it.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ehoi: 5:18am On Jul 17, 2009
Negro
I reckon a lot of crimes have been committed with the Nigerian hat against the people of the Niger delta.
Lagos seem to harbour assets of the criminals (NNPC) that has destroyed the niger delta.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by NegroNtns(m): 5:23am On Jul 17, 2009
Well, guess where the money is going to come from to repair and rebuild those destructions? Guess what lessons those thieves have now learnt? They have not been killed remember. . . but they have now been taught to hurry up and get as much as they can in as short a time as is possible and in a more discreet manner. This makes the equation more exclusive.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ehoi: 5:28am On Jul 17, 2009
You may be right. Good thing they were not killed.
I rather oil is spilled than blood being shed.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by NegroNtns(m): 5:32am On Jul 17, 2009
Your people need negotiators to speak for your interest.  You do not need antagonists to make it more difficult to give credit and symapthy.

I will give you example. . .  MEND blows up oil facilities in Lagos.  Few days later some terrorists blow up a hotel in Jakarta.  The situation in Lagos makes it very easy for your struggle to play into the hands of a propagandists who might want to market you as a terrorist and disgruntled tribe.

You need negotiators. . . people who know how to tear down political barriers and deliver results.  You see in US for many years the African Americans spent hours marching and protesting with placards.  It became the rule to contain their protests and allow the vent.  . . knowing it will soon dissipate and the country can return to normalcy"business as usual".  The mainstream society held on to the upper hand.  The protests were not delivering results.  A new set of political radicals saw fit to begin negotiations with the powerful white ruling communities. . . and that's how the Blacks in America made inway to establishments and became effective in their partnership with the mainstream.

You need the same strategy.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Barkindogo: 6:01am On Jul 17, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Your people need negotiators to speak for your interest. You do not need antagonists to make it more difficult to give credit and symapthy.

I will give you example. . . MEND blows up oil facilities in Lagos. Few days later some terrorists blow up a hotel in Jakarta. The situation in Lagos makes it very easy for your struggle to play into the hands of a propagandists who might want to market you as a terrorist and disgruntled tribe.

You need negotiators. . . people who know how to tear down political barriers and deliver results. You see in US for many years the African Americans spent hours marching and protesting with placards. It became the rule to contain their protests and allow the vent. . . knowing it will soon dissipate and the country can return to normalcy"business as usual". The mainstream society held on to the upper hand. The protests were not delivering results. A new set of political radicals saw fit to begin negotiations with the powerful white ruling communities. . . and that's how the Blacks in America made inway to establishments and became effective in their partnership with the mainstream.

You need the same strategy.

You are correct! But Chukwu people need to start appreciating; they are the luckiest people in Nigeria. Population, resources and commonsense never be on their side and they benefit most from Nigerian economy through ranting and raving for Marginalization. My surprise is (I don't know kind of play is cat having with dog) they put everything about MEND on their heads and theirs is wagging on the flour. They know you as greedy and traitors, mess with you and let you invade their land again. They are yelling about northerners and westerners that, would never say Easterners do those. We feed the nation with our agriculture. What do they have? Okorodudu would say palm oyel! Since when they have stopped Oyel? Longtime ago. They are the greatest moochers in the whole West Africa.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 7:02am On Jul 17, 2009
as always oduduwa

trait!!

i enjoy watchin yal!! damn really gooooooood
grin

more oduduwa abeg register and comment

oh i forget fashola is correct,lagos is not the capital now lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Theblessed(f): 7:51am On Jul 17, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Your people need negotiators to speak for your interest.  You do not need antagonists to make it more difficult to give credit and symapthy.

I will give you example. . .  MEND blows up oil facilities in Lagos.  Few days later some terrorists blow up a hotel in Jakarta.  The situation in Lagos makes it very easy for your struggle to play into the hands of a propagandists who might want to market you as a terrorist and disgruntled tribe.

You need negotiators. . . people who know how to tear down political barriers and deliver results.  You see in US for many years the African Americans spent hours marching and protesting with placards.  It became the rule to contain their protests and allow the vent.  . . knowing it will soon dissipate and the country can return to normalcy"business as usual".  The mainstream society held on to the upper hand.  The protests were not delivering results.  A new set of political radicals saw fit to begin negotiations with the powerful white ruling communities. . . and that's how the Blacks in America made inway to establishments and became effective

Hey Negro man, God bless you for saying the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEND should use their political common sense and rethink their strategies by developing effective Network and dialogue with the powers that be.  This tack of distrupting the country and economy by way of violence e.g. blowing things up can only present them as a terrorist group instead of peaceful people who only want better life for all Nigerians.  No, violence would not get anything done/achieved.  Destructions can only lead to Nigerians spending the little resource we have to foot the bills from all these damages when such resources can be invested in developing other areas needing serious attention in our country. Thus, it doesn't worth it!  Please, MEND, rethink your strategies.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by rasputinn(m): 8:31am On Jul 17, 2009
How was Rotimi Amaechi able to keep those criminals at bay?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by rasputinn(m): 8:33am On Jul 17, 2009
By the way,good point Negro man
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 9:01am On Jul 17, 2009
all these na mouth from everybody

if u really wanna know if Yorubas are cowards truly, do another attack in Lagos and lets see who will start begging

if you think bombing Lagos will make your agitations get the right attention, i guess the 'manslaughter' that will follow the next episode will push ur case faster than you can imagine.

Some people will just cause deaths on their people for nothing!
continue doing gra gra like the other groups dont know how to attack.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nezan(m): 9:36am On Jul 17, 2009
tkb417:

all these na mouth from everybody

if u really wanna know if Yorubas are cowards truly, do another attack in Lagos and lets see who will start begging

if you think bombing Lagos will make your agitations get the right attention, i guess the manslaughter that will follow the next episode will push ur case faster than you can imagine.

Some people will just cause deaths on their people for nothing!
continue doing gra gra like the other groups dont know how to attack.

grin grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 9:41am On Jul 17, 2009
kia more trait

i ran out of words

me don tire
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 9:42am On Jul 17, 2009
ikeyman00:

kia more trait

i ran out of words

me don tire
refresh and come with some more
im here for you
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by oblo(m): 9:46am On Jul 17, 2009
Hmmmmm, this just shows that even the educated are not different form those who did the bombings, se as we day drag for here, neway na freedom of speech shay?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by dlox01(m): 10:10am On Jul 17, 2009
ITS FUNNY HOW SOME PEOPLE TALK ON NL, I REALLY PITY MEND, THEY SHOULDNT HAVE DONE THIS O, FOR THOSE INSTIGATING THEY SHOULD BOMB LAGOS, WHAT THE GOVNOR SAID IS IDEAL,LAGOS IS SUFFERING FROM NEGLET ALSO AND IS TRYING TO BUILD ITSEF FROM HUMAN RESOURSES NOT WAIT WITH BUSH MEAT 4 OIL,ANYWAYS, I WOULD REALLY WANT MEND TO GIV IT ANOTHER SHOT AND THEY WILL SEE LAGOS IS NOT 4 JOKE, THE FIRST THING THAT WOULD HAPPEN IS, ALL THE SOUTH SOUTH PEOPLE WOULD BE KILLED/SLAUGTERED IN LAG, ASK THE HAUSAZ WAT HAPPENS WEN THEY GET NAUGHTY.
IM NOT INSTIGATING VIOLENCE BUT I SEE THE WEAKNESS IN MEND,THEY SHOULD FACE THE NORTH- ABJ-KADUNA - KANO, THEN WE WILL ALL SEE IF THEY ARE NOT GONNA GET WIPED OUT.LAGOS WAS NEVER THE PLACE TO FACE,EVEN POLITICALLY,DOES IT LOOK LIKE A PAP STATE TO THEM, MUMU'S!!!!
HEADLINE:
154 NIGERDELTANS HOUSE IN LAG BURNT, 605 NIGERDELTANS KILLED BY OPC, GOVNOR SAYS' my men are wworking to reinstal peace'
MEND ATTACKS LAGOS,BOMBING KILLS 323,YORUBA,HAUSAS,IGBOS AND NIGER DELTANS KILLED!!!!
-the killings cuts over all ethnic groups,mend are the enemies.
OPC kills more Nigerdeltans
SOUTH SOUTH PEOPLE MOVE HOME
more unemployment, people are starving to death.

LMAO!!!!una go see how this go take happen grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 17, 2009
what percentage of Nigerians are drug users?

The govt really needs to look into this problem because a huge number of Nigerians are destroying their lives this way.

That's why when they talk most times its coming directly from the influence of ganja.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 10:21am On Jul 17, 2009
more oduduwa trait

me enjoyin

as for u,u know urself, make sure u are really ready for me

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Army To Launch Operation Crocodile Smile In Lagos – Buratai / The Economist Endorses Peter Obi, Says He Offers Nigerians Hope / Atiku Presidential Campaign BillBoard In Abuja (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.