Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,347 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) (14394 Views)

The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode / Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me / U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by dragonking2: 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2016
wristbangle:

I like your diplomacy.

We all clamour for one Nigeria but atimes in order to allow peace to reign, we need to improvise. SW/SS/SE should forget about the fuss among themselves and form alliance to check the northerners barbaric act of encroaching farmlands illegally and killing of the innocent.

What Ondo state adopt, other southern states should also adopt. Chikena!
I also suggest that southern governors and elders should come together and look for how to end this menace...I am from delta state but what happened in Enugu, Benue and now Lagos is really heartbreaking... I will not fold my arms while my southern brothers and sisters are being killed by evil men.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by wristbangle: 12:32pm On Mar 07, 2016
dragonking2:
I also suggest that southern governors and elders should come together and look for how to end this menace...I am from delta state but what happened in Enugu, Benue and now Lagos is really heartbreaking... I will not fold my arms while my southern brothers and sisters are being killed by evil men.

Same here brother. I wish southern governors can come together to put these fulani menace in check

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by dragonking2: 12:32pm On Mar 07, 2016
EastanPower:
I will start by stating my observation. Whenever there are attacks from the core northerners in the south, instead of us to rise as one man to condemn and address the issue, you see Igbos mocking Yorubas if the attack was in the west and you see Yorubas mocking Igbos if the attack was in the east. This has to stop because we need a united front to effectively check the fulani caliphate.

It is no longer news that fulani herdsmen or demonic invaders from Futa Jalon have been rated as the 4th deadliest terror group in the world and they have become a big problem for us all over Nigeria. They carry out small attacks now and then in the south but this is nothing compared to the massive cordinated attacks unleashed on the MB people where entire communities are wiped out and occupied by the fulani. I don't intend to bring politics into this but we have a president who is president who is pretending not to know or understand the grand plan of the fulani and looks the other way while fulani move around with their AK 47 riffles terrorising other Nigerians.

More worrisome is that fact that hausa mallams now have the courage to attack in the south, burn cars, houses, shops even a cele church and kill southerners in the south! They even killed our school children!

My particular concern is southern Nigeria, how do we check the advancing demonic invaders from Fouta Jalon?

Suggestions please.
I appreciate this thread...thanks op...it is high time all southern tribes from SS, SW, SE and even middle belt come together to fight this disturbing menace once and for all.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by 151487made(m): 12:34pm On Mar 07, 2016
Babatundetinubu:

Eyan mi....lets get real....this Fulani menace must be checked....I do not mind having to exchange ideas with the ibos...if necessary... angry....how a group of people can be allowed to carry guns unchecked and to use it without repercussions is unforgivable... angry...
haven't u noticed that if a southerner hold knife or blade police man go arrest am, but if na aboki dem go tell u say na their culture to dey carry knife up and down.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 07, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

Hand Lagos to Yoruba? LMAO.

Ma'am, you do understand that most of the territories today are neo territories. Benin should come and take Lagos if they dare. Yorubas captured Lagos, Ogun, Oyo etc and settled there eons ago. So please tell that story to another person. Lagos was booming under Yoruba governance and leadership before it became a capital and afterwards, Yorubas continued to lead it into its megacity status.

Yorubas, at this point, should relegate regionalism and seek for total division. Nigeria doesn't benefit us. Without oil, we will diversify our economy and we'll be fine. We have oil in Lagos, Ogun and Ondo. We have the largest bitumen reserve in Ondo. We have gold and other natural resources.We have fertile lands. Yorubaland has everything it needs to stand tall. Just to point it out, the reason regionalism failed was because Lagos was the only state, out of the SW, that didn't opt for it. Now Lagos is in, it has even joined the DAWN project (a SW/Yoruba interest group). With all Oduduwa children in the league, Nigeria should get ready. I feel sorry for the afonjas and enemies left behind. We don't want Nigeria anymore.

If all SW governors demand for the banning of Fulanis, trust me, it will work. You think Fayose and FFK are noisemakers now. Should Yoruba leaders become the FFKs of Nigerian politics, Nigeria will give. How can a sane country claim to fight terrorism, but neglects the 4th largest terrorism group in the world? I feel sorry for Yorubas who are divided between party lines (APC/PDP/Labor etc) and presidential lines (GEJites and Buharist).
Good bless you real good. This is the problem with the so called Yoruba youths. They no longer think about our interest, but will kill, maim, fight to protect their party and religion interest. I have logged out since yesterday becuase I don't want to post anything on this matter again, but I just have to acknowledge your brilliant post.

4 Likes

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by dragonking2: 12:35pm On Mar 07, 2016
wristbangle:

Same here brother. I wish southern governors can come together to put these fulani menace in check
I will draft a letter and send to some of these governors or elders in the south Nigeria to act...Let me start from there...I will also raise the issue up when I attend some town and community meetings...This menace must stop

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by dragonking2: 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2016
It is also a shame that bihari has turned deaf to the havoc caused by his people
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by wristbangle: 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:
That and after1, great job so far. You two captured everything on my mind.

The SW shouldnt allign with any other southern group because it is quite obvious that everyone is always looking for bad news in Yorubaland. We Yorubas have no friend in the North or South. We need to break from the mentality that Itsekiris and Edos are family, because they're not. Yoruba worry about Yoruba and no one else at this point. This is the moment Yoruba governors and entities need to come together to find solutions to Yoruba enemies, intruders and afonjas. This is beyond APC/PDP....this is for Yorubaland before we have no more Yorubaland to talk about.

While other tribes are becoming more ethnocentric, we Yorubas are losing our ways in order to accommodate one Nigeria in the SW. It's nothing to be proud of.

Let us, awa omo Oduduwa, come together to solve the problems in Yorubaland.

Trust me, the Igbos who are dying to align with the Yorubas by claiming that they're more harmless than Hausa Fulanis are the same ones throwing grand parties to celebrate the Mile 12 attack. Eyin eyan mi, e ronu o. The former is just as dangerous as the latter. What igbos don't understand, because they're often shortsighted, is that should violence break out in the SW, they won't be spared, just like the Mile 12 artack. Igbos were killed and their properties destroyed.

Mo n be awon omo Yoruba, please mind your business when it comes to Biafra. It's not our battle nor our agitation. We want Nigeria divided too, so why are we mocking an agitation that will divide her? Let each person bear him papa name o.

To my Yorubas in the North, make una come home o. Things are about to get hot with SW politics against these Fulani herdsmen monsters. I beg each and every Yoruba person to arm yourself anytime you see these parasite. If they smile at you, Waka. They have no respect for human life.

Of course our leaders won't publicly voice their opinion. Ambode said what any person in his position is supposed to say. We can only demand for our leaders come together to do the rightful thing before these monsters turn a majority tribe into a minority.

Yoruba, e ronu o. A word is enough for the wise.

Hmmm! Well, u have a point though but unity matters in this issue to put these normadic devils in check.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by godoluwa(m): 12:45pm On Mar 07, 2016
YORUBA & IGBO NEEDS TO JOIN HANDS TOGETHER, SHARE IDEAS ON HOW TO PUT AN END TO NOMADIC CATTLE REARERS MADNESS. HAUSA MEN WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT THEMSELVES EVEN WHEN THEY ARE AT FAULT & THATS WHAT WE ARE SEEING THROUGH THE FG ACTION.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by 2sexycom(m): 12:45pm On Mar 07, 2016
LordAdam:

If you don't understand. Read it again until you understand.

If you still don't understand, do not quote me, because I do not have the time nor the incentive to explain it better to you.

Those in the West have been mum to the issue of Fulani rampage in other regions. It is the turn of other regions to be mum about the rampage in their region. I think that is fair. Give them a dose of their own medicine.

Let them appreciate what it feels like for one's relations to die in the hand of an untouchable group and everything just continues, no one seems concerned as if your relations were rams that were killed on Sallah.

For the Yorubas that died and those that were displaced, sorry oh, but this is Nigeria, your lives are worth zilch. If those in other regions can experience this and you guys expect us to still be patriots, then it is okay for it to happen in your region, and we expect you guys to still be patriots.

-Lord
Bro, I understand your sentiments quite alright and you have every right to feel so. I am also happy that you proved something-- some regions don't take nonsense from the hausa's in their region, which corroborates what I stated in my thread. That is, Binis don't take suche either. They will be heavily dealt with.

Why other regions allow this to happen is what I don't understand. Are they trying to say they are weakling?

That aside.

I have to draw your attention to a seemingly loophole among us which is what the fulanis are have been capitalising on-- our disunity.

They know we don't agree among ourselves but take a look at the Northerners, even here on nairaland and tell me what you see? UNITY. They defend even the recent Ese Oruru case as shameful as it is.

We had better start doing what they are doing otherwise, we would diminished in no time.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by ademoladeji(m): 12:46pm On Mar 07, 2016
LordAdam:

[s]Your first paragraph does not change anything.

Yorubas are more guilty of pouting with their hands behinds their back when the rampage occurs in other regions. That Ibos mock Yorubas is because Yorubas do so to them.

Don't flip the switch now. All these while, it has been happening to Ibos and SSers, everyone kept quiet. Let everyone still keep quiet when it is happening to Yorubas. Very simple![/s]

-Lord
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by ademoladeji(m): 12:47pm On Mar 07, 2016
godoluwa:
YORUBA & IGBO NEEDS TO JOIN HANDS TOGETHER, SHARE IDEAS ON HOW TO PUT AN END TO NOMADIC CATTLE REARERS MADNESS. HAUSA MEN WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT THEMSELVES EVEN WHEN THEY ARE AT FAULT & THATS WHAT WE ARE SEEING THROUGH THE FG ACTION.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by christopher123(m): 12:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
LEFT FOR ME, I THINK LET EACH REGION FIGHTS ITS WARS...FORGET THIS COLLABORATIONS...IT WILL NOT WORK.

OK WHO WILL BE THE FOOT SOILDERS?

godoluwa:

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by christopher123(m): 12:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
dragonking2:
I appreciate this thread...thanks op...it is high time all southern tribes from SS, SW, SE and even middle belt come together to fight this disturbing menace once and for all.

TO YOUR TENTS OH ISREAL

FIGHT YOUR WARS INDIVIDUALLY

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by Hollicom(m): 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
Sorry please what do you mean by MB? And who are the MB?
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by SirShymexx: 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
Lol.

People who bleed like you smacked you around like kids. But rather than find ya missing balls and fight back, you ran to Ibadan. And now when the coast is clear, you are doing a beer summit about innate cowardice.

Biitch arse nyggahs. The northerners have snatched ya hearts smh.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by engrchykae(m): 1:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
Ekumeku 2.0 loading.
The various groups in the south should fortify our vigilante units bakassi opc and co.
Only then shall we get the attention of the president .
Dr king said "there comes a time when silence becomes betrayal" pmb has betrayed us with his silence
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by AnanseK(m): 1:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
after1:

According to that wicked liar and bigot posting trash that Yoruba kept silent, is Fani Kayode an Ibo man? This guy have always been making noise for any fulani killings and even condemn Buhari for any attack by the Fulani and that of innocent bia.fra protesters. Dont you mock Omenka here daily? No one is holding you guys not to taunt or mock people, but while you doing that the same Fulani are doing the needful in your region. Simple

Is Fanikayode not Igbo son thru Biaca? He inherited the ikemba's kitten, so he is more Igbo than these misguided Igbos on nairaland who can never shake shake ikemba's hand let alone inherit his glory pit

2 Likes

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by SycophanticGoat: 1:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
after1:

Bro, I am not saying there excesses should not be checked, have you ever seen a Yoruba open bashing thread to mock Ibos when fulani strike there, saw them open more than 20 threads since 2days taunting and making fun of those people who house were burnt in the middle of the night in Lag. One even said he pray the Hausa kill many Yorubas and burn them all, meanwhile an Ibo was a victim as well.

The op might have open this thread in good faith but that m.oronic bigot posting trash about Yorubas begging them solve some problems, like the SW ask them for any help.

These are just a few of Yoruba people mocking Igbos on Fulani attack threads:

1. This one dated all the way back to 2013, not a thing of this year:

Yorubest:
This is serious

Following BRF's deportation to the East, Fulanis are now exporting them to their graves?

This is very very sad

Both actions have not been met with the acclaimed Igbo braveness

Where are the brave hearts of Igbo land. Where?

Arise and fight

I have Igbo third cousins please

This is just one example, you can check the thread and see how Yoruba people littered the thread with bashing and insults to Igbo, plus the happiness was well exposed: https://www.nairaland.com/1391476/fulani-herdsmen-attacks-imo-community

This one happened just Oct, 2015. He happily opened a thread to mock and laugh at the death of a family in Enugu perpetrated by the herdsmen: https://www.nairaland.com/2643606/menace-fulani-herdsmen-tales-woes

See what ngeneukwenu and so many others said on a thread where 8 peaceful protesters were killed: https://www.nairaland.com/2875132/biafra-8-ipob-members-killed#42114399

See another thread by a Yoruba, in celebration of Fulani successful campaign on Igbo blood: https://www.nairaland.com/2642439/menace-fulani-herdsmen-tales-woes

See how the Yoruba folks invaded this thread to wine and dine: https://www.nairaland.com/2678378/fulani-herdsmen-raping-killing-people

See how kastonkastrol, Bruteforce1o1 desecrated on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2205564/fulani-herdsmen-kill-enugu-community

And what about the one you opened with your superstar1 moniker and used another moniker to mock the Igbos. Also, see the numerous joy unforeseen on such a thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2935291/fulani-herdsmen-invade-enugu-community

And so many other ones (both about Fulani killing and shooting of armless protesters) I can't mention because I'm busy at the moment.

I am not in anyway canvassing for Fulani or Hausa people to attack the Yoruba people, as a matter of fact, I wish that there be a fence to separate far north from middle-belt and subsequently from we the southerners. Nonetheless, I think it's high time you folks stop distorting and turning the truth on its head. Stop making it look as if it's only the Igbos that perpetrate this childish and evil acts when Yoruba people are attacked because the number of Yoruba people that celebrates Igbo killings is very much high, if not higher than that of the Igbos. It's a two way thing so let us stop distorting the truth please.

And Babatundetinubu, halt with the lies already..

Thank you.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by XBLadez: 1:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
You see the scenario? LordAdam is simply being realistic and diplomatic while After1 keeps cursing, repeating same words and dodging questions. You can easily differentiate the adult from the kid among them.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by bankybobo11: 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
If A and B are fighting in A's house, whose properties will be destroyed? Yorubas and Igbos will just be fighting online, meanwhile, some Yorubas have close Igbo friends and vice versa. The earlier we move pass this tribal cyber brawl, the better. Let's curb the excesses of the North before it gets out of hand. Imagine another civil war, we won't even be able to watch Chelsea and Arsenal anymore. Abeg o. The thread is for suggestions, so, my suggestion is that we need a new constitution such as the one that gave birth to the UK. We can have one Prime Minister but each region should be on its own. E.g, England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland form the United Kingdom but still, each is a different country. Nigeria is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. If it continues this way, I'm escaping to Namibia straight!
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by bashsani(m): 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
The purpose of this thread is to spread hate and prejudices as we hav seen from the heading attributing fulani menace as Hausa-fulanis and from comments that follow. I've not seen a single positive contribution, it's even laughable when one opted for the security of the whole south to be under the supervision of the militants.
For your information the nomadic fulani herds men are a problem all over Nigeria, do your research starting from jigawa,outskirt of kano, benue,taraba,bauchi,katsina etc and infact they are non Nigerian by indegine mostly from Chad originating from far northern part of Africa, they have neither state nor country
I know you will be wondering what about the ones from other part of nigeria, I tell those hav being in nigeria hundreds of years ago and are even more educated than you are,you can mention names for your self. I am hausa-fulani residing in Agege Lagos for more one hundred years, we hav houses all over here and we live in peace and even enjoy other ethnic, cultural and religious festives together. Shout out to all peace loving Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by dragonking2: 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2016
christopher123:

TO YOUR TENTS OH ISREAL

FIGHT YOUR WARS INDIVIDUALLY
then stop adding ss to ur senseless biafra war...mtcheewww....if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute pls waka pass.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by XBLadez: 1:57pm On Mar 07, 2016
LordAdam diplomatically frustrated the life out of After1. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by dragonking2: 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2016
bashsani:
The purpose of this thread is to spread hate and prejudices as we hav seen from the heading attributing fulani menace as Hausa-fulanis and from comments that follow. I've not seen a single positive contribution, it's even laughable when one opted for the security of the whole south to be under the supervision of the militants.
For your information the nomadic fulani herds men are a problem all over Nigeria, do your research starting from jigawa,outskirt of kano, benue,taraba,bauchi,katsina etc and infact they are non Nigerian by indegine mostly from Chad originating from far northern part of Africa, they have neither state nor country
I know you will be wondering what about the ones from other part of nigeria, I tell those hav being in nigeria hundreds of years ago and are even more educated than you are,you can mention names for your self. I am hausa-fulani residing in Agege Lagos for more one hundred years, we hav houses all over here and we live in peace and even enjoy other ethnic, cultural and religious festives together. Shout out to all peace loving Nigerians.
so we should fold our arms while they continue to cause havoc on our lands?
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by urbanmonk: 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
Stop eating beef. Simple but effective solution.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by dragonking2: 2:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
Why was this thread removed from front page? This is another problem we have in this country..everytime we shield them from the truth...nonsense!!
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by AlPeter: 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
LordAdam:

If you don't understand. Read it again until you understand.

If you still don't understand, do not quote me, because I do not have the time nor the incentive to explain it better to you.

Those in the West have been mum to the issue of Fulani rampage in other regions. It is the turn of other regions to be mum about the rampage in their region. I think that is fair. Give them a dose of their own medicine.

Let them appreciate what it feels like for one's relations to die in the hand of an untouchable group and everything just continues, no one seems concerned as if your relations were rams that were killed on Sallah.

For the Yorubas that died and those that were displaced, sorry oh, but this is Nigeria, your lives are worth zilch. If those in other regions can experience this and you guys expect us to still be patriots, then it is okay for it to happen in your region, and we expect you guys to still be patriots.

-Lord
you are a capital f**l get ur head out of ur ass
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by bashsani(m): 2:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
Babatundetinubu:

Why are you always shifting the goalposts after the match has started...I just don't get your people....you said no Yoruba condemned the killings in the SE....he gave you two prominent names and then you changed to them not representing all Yorubas....must all Yorubas talk before you are satisfied....again here you have resorted to the same trick.... grin...you talked about regionalism and its importance and I told you that your people's reps at the last confab opposed regionalism.....but the SW reps supported fully.....now you are saying we are not stopping the Fulani herdsman madness which affects us too because we want to antagonise your lot....
I am done with you...you have chosen the path of lies..which I detest....
thank you brother, where he actually failed just like fkk and fayose, he made a southern problem when actually it's National problem. This fulani herdsmen menace happen evry where in Nigeria,but making it seems southern problem brought out his true intentions.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by XBLadez: 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2016
I honestly don't support the idea of SE/SW collaboration to deal with the nomadic marauders. The hate between SE/SW is eternal. The average Yorba man hates the Igbo man's guts and would love to see suffer and burn. So for that, I suggest every man should face his own demon himself without seeking the other's help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lawan: It Is Petty To Say Corruption Thrives Under This Government / 2023: Badaru Directs All Political Appointees Eyeing Politics Offices To Resign / Tinubu’s Supporters Say The Decision On Shettima Is Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.