Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) (14397 Views)

The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode / Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me / U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by bashsani(m): 2:16pm On Mar 07, 2016
dragonking2:
so we should fold our arms while they continue to cause havoc on our lands?
No, we call it a national problem not regional, that's where u made the mistake, you made it seems like a northern menace against southern, and the need for southern vengeance.whereas it happens all over Nigeria
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by Uzorange(f): 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2016
EastanPower:
I will start by stating my observation. Whenever there are attacks from the core northerners in the south, instead of us to rise as one man to condemn and address the issue, you see Igbos mocking Yorubas if the attack was in the west and you see Yorubas mocking Igbos if the attack was in the east. This has to stop because we need a united front to effectively check the fulani caliphate.

It is no longer news that fulani herdsmen or demonic invaders from Futa Jalon have been rated as the 4th deadliest terror group in the world and they have become a big problem for us all over Nigeria. They carry out small attacks now and then in the south but this is nothing compared to the massive cordinated attacks unleashed on the MB people where entire communities are wiped out and occupied by the fulani. I don't intend to bring politics into this but we have a president who is president who is pretending not to know or understand the grand plan of the fulani and looks the other way while fulani move around with their AK 47 riffles terrorising other Nigerians.

More worrisome is that fact that hausa mallams now have the courage to attack in the south, burn cars, houses, shops even a cele church and kill southerners in the south! They even killed our school children!

My particular concern is southern Nigeria, how do we check the advancing demonic invaders from Fouta Jalon?

Suggestions please.

Well said, this people been in this act for long, i think we all should inform our various rural communities to be alert in the case of any movement they notice from them. If the government is not ready to fight for the masses we shouldn't use discrimination and allow evil to continue. Those people that were affected in that community presently could have been you and i or any of family members, therefore we should use whatever resources we have at hand to fight terrorism. Let's value people's life, every tribe and tongue in this nation matters a lot. If you have a human you shouldn't discriminate against anyone now.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by SirShymexx: 2:27pm On Mar 07, 2016
Err, before I get banned again: let me drop some science for you cowardly suckers. Everybody loves peace cos the peaceful period is always the best periods of everyone’s lives: a period when you don’t have to watch ya back nor worry about someone bullying/attacking you. However, peace and violence are two parallel words on the extreme opposite. And you don’t jaw jaw when dealing with violent people. Violence can only be neutralised by more violence. Then after getting the initiator of the violence in a corner, where you hold the cards, that’s when you can preach peace. By doing that- you’ve been able to put fear in the mind of the violent person and next time the person will abide by the rule of: look before you leap. And you won’t become an easy target next time.

This is why I always tell folks to study history and pay attention to the dynamics of the world cos that’s the best way for folks to understand human psychology about how humanity is wired and the sociology of our existence. When you look at the world history and the reason why certain groups dominate the rest – look no further than the violence they used in achieving that status and how they’ve maintained the status quo systematically through violence. Europeans are a classic example. Europeans have always been an aggressive and violent bunch. That’s their formula, hence they were/are able to conquer and lord over everyone – and are still doing so. When the rest were peaceful and using gun powder for peaceful purposes, the Europeans saw that it’s a great asset for a killing machine. Hence they decide to make guns and cannons. After that, the permutations in human history changed and they went on to conquer the world and for global domination. And they have been able to sustain that domination via systematic violence. That’s why you see them bombing any country that doesn’t play by their rules to the stone age. It’s a way of killing people’s morale and putting fear in them.

The European strategy is also the Hausa/Fulani strategy and all their attacks aren’t spontaneous – they’re well coordinated/planned for total domination. Hence the average Nigerian fears the Hausa/Fulani and they’ve millions of foot soldiers everywhere they can call on anytime to unleash mayhem. And the only way you counter that is to always reciprocate the gesture with more venom. If that had been the case, they wouldn’t have been brave enough to fight Yorubas in Lagos. When it kicked off, they would’ve been the ones escaping from Lagos en-masse, not the other way around.

Personally, I’ll always reference my pops as the reason why there’s no sucker in my family. Growing up, it was a taboo in my family to cry or go report at home when you get smacked by someone who’s ya age-mate. It’s either you fight back or suck it in. That’s why I don’t fear anyone as long as the person bleeds like me. There was this bully at my school growing up. This guy used to bully everyone cos he was quite big. The day he tired it with me – I just waited till after school and planked his arse. After that, he never tried the nonsense with me and we became buddies cos he knew what time it’s. And he’s still one of my closest friends.

I’m out!

5 Likes

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by bashsani(m): 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2016
AceRoyal:
It's a very simple solution.
No region has monopoly over violence angry
Each community Shud form a vigilante,more like civilian JTF.
The landlord association or wealth individuals in the communities Shud provide money for purchase of arms.
Any Fulani herds man that wanna graze in such community will be mandated to seek permission.
If the community is attacked in any way,a quick reprisal will be organized.Kill them all with their cattles!

By the time communities start cooperating and working together,this Fulani menace will be curb.
No need waiting for an insensitive government to swing into action.
Any law enforcement official that supports them will be killed also.
Fulani's will not understand dialogue only superior brute force!angry
If it will lead to regional war,so be it!Enough is enough!angry
I concur
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by MrEverest(m): 2:36pm On Mar 07, 2016
after1:
[s][/s]

Are you okay? So Fani Kayode must be in APC before he can condemn the killings of innocent people. ****
This your holier than thou atitude is rather disgusting! Everyone in nairaland knows how much insult, hate & derision you heap on FFK & Fayose whenever they condemn such acts, even when Olu Falae was kidnapped in his farm, you people still displayed such cowardly acts unabashedly, the threads are here on nairaland! @op any plan to ward-off fulani terrorists must not involve our waste brothers, they have shown severaly that they are unreliable, cowardly & sell-outs. We have to it alone or involve just the ND alone. We have what it takes to stop them on our own, IPOB must form a military wing with a different name & well armed just like the bakasi of old, there mandate will be to seach & arrest herdsmen carrying weapons or trespassing on farms, they should have state HQ's & offices in all the LGA's in the SE.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by semitunde: 3:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
Well well well.

As much as it will be good to have unity. Reality usually checks back. We arent united in this country. We only try to, temporarily, when faced with a commonn task forces us together; and even that is proving ever more dificult.

Let each carry his cross. Use whatever tool he has to advance his course. Fulani carry guns and use mercenaries, igbos protest and give ultimatums, yoruba make use of political, economic and ethnic instruments. Let each do what he had to do.

Something will give in the end.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 07, 2016
LordAdam:

Did I quote you before you quoted me?

Answer my questions...

I don't get high from vilifying others and their tribes. I say facts. I have remained level-headed throughout this thread, while you have resorted to name-callings and diversion tactics to avoid answering very basic questions.

Answer the questions. All these boy and liar talk does not get to me. If you cannot answer a simple question, you just proved who the boy is here.

-Lord

guy u get mouth joor!....i noticed U not igbo, yet u stood firm on ur ground.
that op is a fool!..period!.
wen inocent igbos were been killed,,, all the yorubas were opening threads mocking them.
now its happening in their land and that foolish op is opening this kind of thread!..HE IS SENSELESS!
LET THEM FACE THEIR ORDEAL AND DEAL WITH IT THEMSELVES!
KUDOS TO U...... I MET THISH TREAD VERY LET. I WOULD HAVE HELPED U TALK SENSE INTO THEM
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 07, 2016
confederation is the key, or better still a succession.. Make everybody bear him papa name like somebody suggested.. The northerners are becoming something else, they are behaving as if they are untouchable..

THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW AND EVER...

BTW, good and tactical argument Lordadam.. That was intellectual in nature..
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by Missy89(f): 5:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
SirShymexx:
Lol.

People who bleed like you smacked you around like kids. But rather than find ya missing balls and fight back, you ran to Ibadan. And now when the coast is clear, you are doing a beer summit about innate cowardice.

Biitch arse nyggahs. The northerners have snatched ya hearts smh.

grin

We will create a safe zone in Ibadan and impose a no fly zone in the area to protect lagos refugees cool
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by SirShymexx: 6:17pm On Mar 07, 2016
Missy89:

grin

We will create a safe zone in Ibadan and impose a no fly zone in the area to protect lagos refugees cool

Lmao.

Aren't the folks in Ibadan also Yorubas? You'd be surprised that once those in Ibadan hear the footsteps of Hausa/Fulani, they'll also join the voyage to Ghana without looking back. grin

I honestly don't know how folks aren't tired of the menace and utter destruction of the Hausa/Fulani, especially with the endless savagely killings everywhere by the same group. Why can't folks just say "enough is enough" and start paying these folks back in their own coin? You can't fight them in their own region - yet they are also brave enough to cause mayhem in other regions without consequences. And folks keep crying and organising summits to discuss cowardice and servitude. Hysterical. Hausa/Fulani must be a super-race in naij with the way folks fear these people...those muthaphuckas don't bleed. grin

Yorubas are starting to look as vacuous as Igbo with the way they make noise all over cyberspace about their non-existent calculated and scientific bravery in sophistication. We know the Igbo is a noisemaker when it comes to money and business IQ he fundamentally lacks, apart from petty trading in chaos like destitute. The Yoruba is the same version when it comes to his non-existent scientific art of war cos they have taken more Ls than the 76ers have this season .

I read something about the Agbekoya group of the 50s the other day. And I think it's high time Yorubas started a similar group to protect Yorubaland before they all end up as slaves and refugees in Yorubaland. It's obvious that they've lost their darn balls and something has to happen fast. grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by 0YorubaParapo0: 4:47am On Mar 08, 2016
wristbangle:

Hmmm! Well, u have a point though but unity matters in this issue to put these normadic devils in check.

If you're Yoruba and you're talking about unity, you must be insane and mentally incapable of thinking beyond our present situation.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by orisa37: 9:32am On Mar 08, 2016
It's a deliberate and subtle subterfuge to take over from bokoharam and go beyond Kwara and Benue States right down to the Coast. "si vis pacem bellum gera"! Their intentions are ominous. Mr. President is not unaware. The SC, SE, SS and SW should mobilize against them in their different states, take a seven days vigil to hunt them back to futa jalon. A child that will not allow the mother to sleep will himself not sleep. They are Cattle, the South will be wolves, hyenas and lions to devour them. They are wicked intruders, invaders and bloody animals.

2 Likes

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by ycat: 9:54am On Mar 08, 2016
You said it all! I feel sorry for my people who are so complacent. You are right, they will do it again and again. I just can't believe that our Aiye and Eiye couldn't mobilize and go door to door and kill off all the Hausa in Lagos. Like you said, unless we start fighting back with even more violence, that's it for us.

Some were even calling on the leaders who are so embarrassed that the area boys didn't litter the street with Hausa's bodies. The iddiotts were chanting war songs, when they should have treated it like cold shower by killing them fast and disappear before the soldiers get there.

In my opinion, the cultist shouldn't wait for Hausa to start, there should be periodical pre-emptive killings of the Hausa to keep them in check.
SirShymexx:
Err, before I get banned again: let me drop some science for you cowardly suckers. Everybody loves peace cos the peaceful period is always the best periods of everyone’s lives: a period when you don’t have to watch ya back nor worry about someone bullying/attacking you. However, peace and violence are two parallel words on the extreme opposite. And you don’t jaw jaw when dealing with violent people. Violence can only be neutralised by more violence. Then after getting the initiator of the violence in a corner, where you hold the cards, that’s when you can preach peace. By doing that- you’ve been able to put fear in the mind of the violent person and next time the person will abide by the rule of: look before you leap. And you won’t become an easy target next time.

This is why I always tell folks to study history and pay attention to the dynamics of the world cos that’s the best way for folks to understand human psychology about how humanity is wired and the sociology of our existence. When you look at the world history and the reason why certain groups dominate the rest – look no further than the violence they used in achieving that status and how they’ve maintained the status quo systematically through violence. Europeans are a classic example. Europeans have always been an aggressive and violent bunch. That’s their formula, hence they were/are able to conquer and lord over everyone – and are still doing so. When the rest were peaceful and using gun powder for peaceful purposes, the Europeans saw that it’s a great asset for a killing machine. Hence they decide to make guns and cannons. After that, the permutations in human history changed and they went on to conquer the world and for global domination. And they have been able to sustain that domination via systematic violence. That’s why you see them bombing any country that doesn’t play by their rules to the stone age. It’s a way of killing people’s morale and putting fear in them.

The European strategy is also the Hausa/Fulani strategy and all their attacks aren’t spontaneous – they’re well coordinated/planned for total domination. Hence the average Nigerian fears the Hausa/Fulani and they’ve millions of foot soldiers everywhere they can call on anytime to unleash mayhem. And the only way you counter that is to always reciprocate the gesture with more venom. If that had been the case, they wouldn’t have been brave enough to fight Yorubas in Lagos. When it kicked off, they would’ve been the ones escaping from Lagos en-masse, not the other way around.

Personally, I’ll always reference my pops as the reason why there’s no sucker in my family. Growing up, it was a taboo in my family to cry or go report at home when you get smacked by someone who’s ya age-mate. It’s either you fight back or suck it in. That’s why I don’t fear anyone as long as the person bleeds like me. There was this bully at my school growing up. This guy used to bully everyone cos he was quite big. The day he tired it with me – I just waited till after school and planked his arse. After that, he never tried the nonsense with me and we became buddies cos he knew what time it’s. And he’s still one of my closest friends.

I’m out!

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by chernest2002: 10:23am On Mar 08, 2016
Oh God! Every little bond holding Nigeria not to break,I command it to break into three or six pieces, your like is your Amen if you believe.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by dragonking2: 9:30pm On Mar 08, 2016
bashsani:
No, we call it a national problem not regional, that's where u made the mistake, you made it seems like a northern menace against southern, and the need for southern vengeance.whereas it happens all over Nigeria
It is regional because you will never see other tribes tormenting the Hausa's/Fulani in the north....So why should they come and cause havoc here in the south and middle belt?

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by christopher123(m): 7:33am On Mar 09, 2016
dragonking2:
then stop adding ss to ur senseless biafra war...mtcheewww....if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute pls waka pass.

But they are part and parcel of old Eastern region excluding warri and Benin ..you can have em
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by dragonking2: 9:57am On Mar 09, 2016
christopher123:

But they are part and parcel of old Eastern region excluding warri and Benin ..you can have em
Am glad you said old eastern region...Not anymore today.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by christopher123(m): 5:40pm On Mar 09, 2016
I KNOW YOU ARE SCARED. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE IGBO AND IGBO IN SOUTH SOUTH ONLY, WE MIGHT CONSIDER AKWA IBOM, BASED ON OUR OLD STANDING RELATIONSHIP...OTHER WE DONT WANT

TAKE ALL, WE DONT CARE

dragonking2:
Am glad you said old eastern region...Not anymore today.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by homosapien(m): 6:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
ChoCandyDiamond:

I like your writeup, but other tribes in Nigeria cannot hand over Lagos to Yorubas easily like that if Nigeria divide, Lagos and Abuja nobody can predict what will happen in this two cities and who is going to be the owner,remember that Bini kingdom is the owners of Lagos before Lagos was taken from them by the British colonizers,the battle for the soul of Lagos if Nigeria breaks is going to be brutal and the strongest will possess it, the Hausa-fulani have already shown that in the past few days,I bet you that they no born any Igbo or Yoruba well make e attempt what they did in Lagos in any part of the North and we all know what the outcome will be. The baning of Fulani herdsmen in Ondo state cannot work because one cannot serve two masters at the same time, the Nigerian law supersedes every state law and there is freedom of movement of Nigerians in any part of the country. The only way out is for all the southerners to support the restructuring of Nigeria and the implementation of confab report,start state police and go back to true federalism or regionlisation, anything less than this, you guys are just chasing shadows, you cannot ban a particular set of people from your state under the current Nigeria system, those that are rejoicing about Ondo ban on fulani herdsmen suppose to know that the ban is just like toothless bull dog

My dear, In as much as we pray for peace and one United Nigeria, do not take Yoruba's simplicity for stupidity. You keep mentioning that the legislation that ondo enact can not work because they are fulani. Pls go back to memory lane and ask elder what happen in sagamu area of Ogun State then you realize that if Yoruba's says enough is enough we meant it.

Concerning the fight for Lagos, I will really enjoy that battle guess what, we shall wipe out anything not yoruba from that soil.

Of course no sane yoruba man will kill children and women and call it bravery. This same Hausa we talking about are people with no homes in Lagos and therefore have nothing to lose.

I hope when the government tactically Arm the Opc and then unleash terror on both Hausa and Igbo you won't run to icj or Amnesty intl and shout genocide.

Finally, them no born that Hausa or Igbo man well to say they want to fight for Lagos. Only if we claim kano and Anambra then we can sit to dialogue.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by dragonking2: 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
christopher123:
I KNOW YOU ARE SCARED. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE IGBO AND IGBO IN SOUTH SOUTH ONLY, WE MIGHT CONSIDER AKWA IBOM, BASED ON OUR OLD STANDING RELATIONSHIP...OTHER WE DONT WANT

TAKE ALL, WE DONT CARE

You dont have any igbo south south...Stop living in delusion. And we aint noise makers like you. Thats a fact!! You guys cant survive without us and everyone knows that so stop begging for alliance since you arent ready to offer help to others.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by christopher123(m): 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
dragonking2:
You dont have any igbo south south...Stop living in delusion. And we aint noise makers like you. Thats a fact!! You guys cant survive without us and everyone knows that so stop begging for alliance since you arent ready to offer help to others.

Suit yourself ..just like we don't have any Yoruba in middle belt or hausa apart from north

Good bye

Pls who are the we
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by christopher123(m): 11:28pm On Mar 09, 2016
homosapien:

My dear, In as much as we pray for peace and one United Nigeria, do not take Yoruba's simplicity for stupidity. You keep mentioning that the legislation that ondo enact can not work because they are fulani. Pls go back to memory lane and ask elder what happen in sagamu area of Ogun State then you realize that if Yoruba's says enough is enough we meant it.

Concerning the fight for Lagos, I will really enjoy that battle guess what, we shall wipe out anything not yoruba from that soil.

Of course no sane yoruba man will kill children and women and call it bravery. This same Hausa we talking about are people with no homes in Lagos and therefore have nothing to lose.

I hope when the government tactically Arm the Opc and then unleash terror on both Hausa and Igbo you won't run to icj or Amnesty intl and shout genocide.

Finally, them no born that Hausa or Igbo man well to say they want to fight for Lagos. Only if we claim kano and Anambra then we can sit to dialogue.

Adekunle killed women and children and called it bravery even awo
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by dragonking2: 12:41am On Mar 10, 2016
christopher123:

Suit yourself ..just like we don't have any Yoruba in middle belt or hausa apart from north

Good bye

Pls who are the we
You said goodbye only for you to be asking me another question. Guy you are confused with bigotry..Go and sleep.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by homosapien(m): 7:17am On Mar 10, 2016
christopher123:

Adekunle killed women and children and called it bravery even awo

I guess you were is personal assistant to know he killed women and children.
Don't mention me again if you lack any intelligent contributions.
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by christopher123(m): 9:54am On Mar 10, 2016
dragonking2:
You said goodbye only for you to be asking me another question. Guy you are confused with bigotry..Go and sleep.

The confusion lies in you
Re: How To Stop Hausa/Fulani Ethnic Violence? (Suggestions) by dragonking2: 10:05am On Mar 10, 2016
christopher123:

The confusion lies in you
Go and sleep

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Production Again – NNPC / Targema Takema, Benue SSG Slumps, Battles Stroke / Governor Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu Hail FG On 41km Enugu-Ebonyi Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.