Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial (24192 Views)

Court Okays Evans’ Fundamental Rights Suit For Hearing / Court Okays 10years Sentence For Trigger Happy Cop / NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by mycar: 7:10pm On Mar 07, 2016
What of the judge, will the judge wear mask too?
Judge is also a human being. BTW, Of what benefit would this trial be to them? Government can set this man free and still say NO to Biafra.
Nothing is hidden under the Sun, everyone should understand it, even your friend today can turn against you tomorrow. When the chips are down, Na the DSS themselves go take their hands leak the identity of those witnesses. Trust nobody.

2 Likes

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by abbey621(m): 7:13pm On Mar 07, 2016
erico2k2:

Did you in ur case undergo witness protection??

No because I was on the side of the defendant but one of the witness for the prosecution had to testify in the judge's chamber because he was a high profiled celebrity, till now I still don't know his name or face.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by abbey621(m): 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2016
erico2k2:

Anonymous to the people in the court room and the defendant /accused. Not to the Judge or jury.
This is why they ha e extended witness protection of it goes further.My point is still valid,the witness must identify themselves to the judge and jury if not a blind person. Or a colour blind person can testify they saw something when they never did.

Of course they have to identify to the judge but they are still considered anonymous. In the case of a jury, a witness that has chosen to be anonymous will not go in front of a jury, it contradicts the entire principle.

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sukkot: 7:16pm On Mar 07, 2016
AbdulHaram:

No, it's not. You're ALWAYS SEEN in threads with Kanu name on them.
because threads with kanus name on it are always action packed and full of drama. i go to threads where there is much action and any thread with kanu is bound to ignite the igbo vs yoruba warfare
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sukkot: 7:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. You? I don't believe it. You who loves Buhari with every fiber of your soul will not rejoice when his enemies are being put to shame? I don't believe it.
lol i dont see kanu as buharis enemy. he is not strong enough or influential enough to be buharis enemy. and me personally i think what buhari is doing with him is overkill. like if i was buhari i will just give him a stern warning and then release him. all this drama is unnecessary. but thats just my own humble opinion
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by mart2k(m): 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
Okijajuju1:
Sweeeet..

I wonder if I can play nairabet on how many years imprisonment Kanu would get because I know say e must be atleast 65 years with extra hard labor without the possibility of parole and to be served in a prison in Northern Nigeria. grin
Chai, u wicked o but, I trust nairabet n co to place bet on Kunu... Oh sorry, Kanu
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2016
sukkot:
lol i dont see kanu as buharis enemy. he is not strong enough or influential enough to be buharis enemy. and me personally i think what buhari is doing with him is overkill. like if i was buhari i will just give him a stern warning and then release him. all this drama is unnecessary. but thats just my own humble opinion
Wow. Just like that. Yeah. That's better. Let's see the point of the trial. Maybe their is a bigger lesson even though I don't think their is one.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sukkot: 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Wow. Just like that. Yeah. That's better. Let's see the point of the trial. Maybe their is a bigger lesson even though I don't think their is one.
you know I am starting to think buhari and kanu are working together and everything we are seeing is not what it actually is. he is going to be used to create division in the country because thats the period in this world we are headed to. their is orchestrated unrest and wars everywhere and all these world leaders work together and i think they are all being orchestrated to bring organized confusion to the world and out of that world confusion and violence will the phoenix rise out of the ashes aka out of this disorder will the new world order be crafted. so i know for a fact kanu and buhari are working together to orchestrate this chaos behind the scenes while out front they are presenting this fake court case to us.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
sukkot:
you know I am starting to think buhari and kanu are working together and everything we are seeing is not what it actually is. he is going to be used to create division in the country because thats the period in this world we are headed to. their is orchestrated unrest and wars everywhere and all these world leaders work together and i think they are all being orchestrated to bring organized confusion to the world and out of that world confusion and violence will the phoenix rise out of the ashes aka out of this disorder will the new world order be crafted. so i know for a fact kanu and buhari are working together to orchestrate this chaos behind the scenes while out front they are presenting this fake court case to us.
Lol. No. I don't think so. Their hatred for one another is mutual and too deep to work together. Except you mean without them knowing it.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sukkot: 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. No. I don't think so. Their hatred for one another is mutual and too deep to work together. Except you mean without them knowing it.
its called controlled opposition. the emergence of kanu out of obscurity in england was organized. and the fact that the british let him use their country for the campaign with buhari in britain all that time hobnobbing with the british intelligence tells me they propped him up for this purpose. you think they hate each other but thats because you have been bamboozled by the crafted story. and then he was instructed to come to nigeria on a certain date and told to go to a certain hotel in ikeja and they will pretend to pick him up and arrest him from the hotel lol. ITS ALL STARTING TO MAKE SENSE. ITS ALL ORGANIZED. TRUST ME. LET ME TELL YOU HOW THIS WILL PLAY OUT ? THEY WILL FIND HIM GUILTY AND SENTENCE HIM TO DEATH AND THEY WILL TAKE HIM AWAY AND FLY HIM TO A COUNTRY TO GO AND COOL OFF, WHILE THE WHOLE NDIGBO POPULATION PLUNGEs THE COUNTRY INTO CIVIL WAR AND ANARCHY WILL ENSUE. HAHA I SEE THROUGH IT ALL
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by marlockj: 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Hmmm. Doesn't that make it possible for anyone to stand as witness? Should we even take such a witness serious? How can we verify that the witness is not a DSS official or an opportunist hired for the Job?

I don't also think the case is that delicate for the witness to be masked. If they can present witnesses in cases of people accused of embezzling money that has led to lose of lives I don't see why the witness in this case, where the accused was not even accused of taking life, should be masked. IPOB maybe misguided but they are not that violent.

Guy chill....

Let this case move....

You talk of paid witness masked or not masked any witness can b paid...

Evn a true witness can me paid as a motivation to cum up....

This is a case of treason and ipob can threat or attack the family...

Taking lives inciting violence means what?..

kanu was looking @ a situation Whr witness will b afraid to show up so that he can be freed Jst Lik that....

We all want this case to Hv an end....

Whether dss or not his words shuld b enuf to convince a judge couple wit evidence tendered..

So guy rest....
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2016
marlockj:

Guy chill....

Let this case move....

You talk of paid witness masked or not masked any witness can b paid...

Evn a true witness can me paid as a motivation to cum up....

This is a case of treason and ipob can threat or attack the family...

Taking lives inciting violence means what?..

kanu was looking @ a situation Whr witness will b afraid to show up so that he can be freed Jst Lik that....

We all want this case to Hv an end....

Whether dss or not his words shuld b enuf to convince a judge couple wit evidence tendered..

So guy rest....
Lol. What do you mean by Taking Lives Inciting Violence?
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
erico2k2:

Exactly. What are they scared of. Would they not identify themselves? ?
nawa oo e get as e be
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by erico2k2(m): 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
abbey621:

No because I was on the side of the defendant but one of the witness for the prosecution had to testify in the judge's chamber because he was a high profiled celebrity, till now I still don't know his name or face.
Well this is what I meant.they have to identify themselves to the judge still
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by BermudaTriangle(m): 8:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
kick:
This is wrong in so many ways. Why will someone who wants to testify against Kanu be shielded from the eyes of the accused. It is now i believe this country are full of hypocrites. A shield box that will cover their face so that the accused may not see them. Ok i hope they will call out their names. Dss could bring lia Mohammed to testify or even a Dss officer could even testify. this country is very fragile. Don't deny someone his right to freedom. I know the Igbo's very well they can never beat the drum of war if they are not prepared. Why do you put a lion in a cage yet he is not complaining but willing to take the warrant of the law. That is because he is planning big. Be warned.

Go siddon somewhere with your endless chest-beating.
Nobody dares touch Kanu if he came to Nigeria or there'll be war. He came, got caged and nothing.
Then it turned to 'its a trap for Buhari'. Many countries that support Nnamdi will descend on Nigeria, yet nothing.
The chest-beating will continue till the man is given life sentence.

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by erico2k2(m): 8:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
abbey621:

Of course they have to identify to the judge but they are still considered anonymous. In the case of a jury, a witness that has chosen to be anonymous will not go in front of a jury, it contradicts the entire principle.
Yes but still if they chose not to be in front of the jury. They still get to know thier name history and evidence. .So in a country like Nigeria where nothing is secured you know the rest.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 07, 2016
sukkot:
its called controlled opposition. the emergence of kanu out of obscurity in england was organized. and the fact that the british let him use their country for the campaign with buhari in britain all that time hobnobbing with the british intelligence tells me they propped him up for this purpose. you think they hate each other but thats because you have been bamboozled by the crafted story. and then he was instructed to come to nigeria on a certain date and told to go to a certain hotel in ikeja and they will pretend to pick him up and arrest him from the hotel lol. ITS ALL STARTING TO MAKE SENSE. ITS ALL ORGANIZED. TRUST ME. LET ME TELL YOU HOW THIS WILL PLAY OUT ? THEY WILL FIND HIM GUILTY AND SENTENCE HIM TO DEATH AND THEY WILL TAKE HIM AWAY AND FLY HIM TO A COUNTRY TO GO AND COOL OFF, WHILE THE WHOLE NDIGBO POPULATION PLUNGEs THE COUNTRY INTO CIVIL WAR AND ANARCHY WILL ENSUE. HAHA I SEE THROUGH IT ALL
Lolol. So you think A Fulani Man can work with an Igbo Man to split Nigeria? That's impossible in this case. It can never happen. His case will be dragged on for years until Buhari is done and a new government comes in and squash it. Sentencing him to death in this complex will not advantage anyone. Buhari stands to gain nothing from splitting Nigeria.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sukkot: 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Lolol. So you think A Fulani Man can work with an Igbo Man to split Nigeria? That's impossible in this case. It can never happen. His case will be dragged on for years until Buhari is done and a new government comes in and squash it. Sentencing him to death in this complex will not advantage anyone. Buhari stands to gain nothing from splitting Nigeria.
its not about the fulani man or the igbo man. its higher powers orchestrating this thing. they are both pawns. in life we are all pawns. wink
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 07, 2016
sukkot:
its not about the fulani man or the igbo man. its higher powers orchestrating this thing. they are both pawns. in life we are all pawns. wink
Lol. It's actually about them. Buhari and Kanu share equal temperament. They cannot work together. Never. Such a deal can work if Atiku is the President. So what's Buhari's gain if the country is split?
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sukkot: 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. It's actually about them. Buhari and Kanu share equal temperament. They cannot work together. Never. Such a deal can work if Atiku is the President. So what's Buhari's gain if the country is split?
you think buhari is the one controlling nigeria ? really ? buhari gets his instructions from higher powers. there is a reason why he has been travelling up and down all over the world. no country in this world is autonomous. they all dance to the tune of a script handed to them from up above and if you choose not to dance ? what happened to ghaddafi or sadam will happen to you. wink

if they want you to bring organized chaos to your country like they are doing in syria or like the arab spring, you have to do it. all those events are orchestrated

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Ahmedhussain3463: 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
erico2k2:

What's his offence again?
lols,dnt wori d court will tell y it's sending him to prison wen d times come
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 07, 2016
sukkot:
you think buhari is the one controlling nigeria ? really ? buhari gets his instructions from higher powers. there is a reason why he has been travelling up and down all over the world. no country in this world is autonomous. they all dance to the tune of a script handed to them from up above and if you choose not to dance ? what happened to ghaddafi or sadam will happen to you. wink

if they want you to bring organized chaos to your country like they are doing in syria or like the arab spring, you have to do it. all those events are orchestrated
Yes I know that's possible but this is a different issue. We are talking about splitting the country and you think Buhari will survive the repercussions if he tries it? Lol. He will never even support such a thing. Not in this life. Seems you also don't know that the Fulani and Muslin world have a conquest plan.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sukkot: 8:36pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Yes I know that's possible but this is a different issue. We are talking about splitting the country and you think Buhari will survive the repercussions if he tries it? Lol. He will never even support such a thing. Not in this life. Seems you also don't know that the Fulani and Muslin world have a conquest plan.
when the CIA said nigeria will divide by 2015 ? you think they were making that statement because they are prophets ? or you think they were making it because they are the ones who will orchestrate the event ? and maybe they moved it by a year to 2016 ? lmao man you need to be very intuitive about things but hey ? you keep on believing this whole kanu story. you are entitled to your beliefs grin
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 07, 2016
sukkot:
when the CIA said nigeria will divide by 2015 ? you think they were making that statement because they are prophets ? or you think they were making it because they are the ones who will orchestrate the event ? and maybe they moved it by a year to 2016 ? lmao man you need to be very intuitive about things but hey ? you keep on believing this whole kanu story. you are entitled to your beliefs grin
I think I follow the conspiracy theories more but I know where it stops. The CIA thought GEJ will rig the election and Buhari will make another pronouncement that will cause greater consequences this time around but the dull man GEJ disappointed them. I think you need to study the Fulani and Islamic world to understand better. I've lived with them all my life and I understand their religion and method perfectly.

Not in this case.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by ezigr8(m): 8:48pm On Mar 07, 2016
this is not the first and it wont b the last even in advance countries they still shielding method in some cases. come on Nigerians it's legal
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by kick(f): 8:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
BermudaTriangle:

Go siddon somewhere with your endless chest-beating.
Nobody dares touch Kanu if he came to Nigeria or there'll be war. He came, got caged and nothing.
Then it turned to 'its a trap for Buhari'. Many countries that support Nnamdi will descend on Nigeria, yet nothing.
The chest-beating will continue till the man is given life sentence.

Do you know what is called a trap. look at the way you and ur government are disgracing yourself in court. I thought by now you would have killed him. You want to give him life sentence in ur parlour . haha!! is that the worst the government can do. You are just an idiot.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sukkot: 8:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
I think I follow the conspiracy theories more but I know where it stops. The CIA thought GEJ will rig the election and Buhari will make another pronouncement that will cause greater consequences this time around but the dull man GEJ disappointed them. I think you need to study the Fulani and Islamic world to understand better. I've lived with them all my life and I understand their religion and method perfectly.

Not in this case.
are there prophets in the CIA ? how do they know or why do they say nigeria will split in 2015 / 2016 ? same year nnamdi kanu the man who has caused division conveniently strolls into nigeria and is conveniently arrested in ikeja ? who told them nnamdi kanu was in a hotel in ikeja ? why was he not arrested at the airport ? IN THE INFAMOUS WORDS OF BEN BRUCE ' ISSSORRAIIIIII '. grin
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by ddippset(m): 8:56pm On Mar 07, 2016
mimibright:
what happenes to witness protection? Even before a mixco drug lord is convicted someone testifies against him and u will see the person speak! How dangerous is a drug lord compared to UN armed protester. U need sense bro, buhari is destroying this country!
what witness protection? Is this mexico? A country that doesn't have intelligence to resolve one single murder, you are talking of witness protection! Go and testify now, police will use you and leave you to your fate. If anybody from ibo land testifies against kanu that person would never set foot in his village again. 5 million, I repeat 5 million ipob touts will be waiting to devour him. A corruption infested country like this you are talking of witness protection! Mtcheeeeew! E be like say na saliva full ya brain o!

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
What is the need for a screen when the judge, accused and lawyers will see the witness, what makes DSS and FG believe the witness identities will not be sold out to the public...won't the witness be calling their names and relationship to the accused...Now I believe this govt is after revenge, victimization and persecution...This is a shame on Nigeria and an all time low for this govt
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
sukkot:
are there prophets in the CIA ? how do they know or why do they say nigeria will split in 2015 / 2016 ? same year nnamdi kanu the man who has caused division conveniently strolls into nigeria and is conveniently arrested in ikeja ? who told them nnamdi kanu was in a hotel in ikeja ? why was he not arrested at the airport ? IN THE INFAMOUS WORDS OF BEN BRUCE ' ISSSORRAIIIIII '. grin
It's a simple Logic. Buhari lost 2011, his votes mainly from the north and the country felt a heat. The Alliance and Boko Haram menace is obviously a threat to his reelection. If in 11, we felt some heat with just a region and 15 the a alliance is greater with also equal BoKo Haram attack the president can only win by first destroying Boko Boys. What did they do? The same men who supply Israel money to build weapons that torment Palestine used a Leah Law to prevent any acquisition of weapons.

Kanu's case is not any Genius. He was trying to show off thinking the volatility of the country will prevent the state from arresting him. The goal is to go back to UK and brag about how weak the system he visited was. Tracking him east. He's an easy prey.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Image123(m): 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2016
bestman09:
Buhari is looking for opportunity to convict KANU by all means. Our God is a faithful God. We shall overcome.

God does not support treasonable felony, hate and division.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by erico2k2(m): 9:25pm On Mar 07, 2016
Ahmedhussain3463:
lols,dnt wori d court will tell y it's sending him to prison wen d times come
Nah wrong answer, I have seen cases where people do not even know of what offence he has committed yet argue over.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Newborn Baby Left To Die In A Bathroom (Graphic Photo) / Third Mainland Bridge: A Favourite Location For Acts Of Suicide / Anambra Vigilante Kills Man 4 Days To Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.