Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial (24197 Views)

Court Okays Evans’ Fundamental Rights Suit For Hearing / Court Okays 10years Sentence For Trigger Happy Cop / NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Obiodunukwe: 5:41pm On Mar 07, 2016
Excellent decision

Oya IPOB start crying

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Okworigeorge(m): 5:41pm On Mar 07, 2016
IPODs be like

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by prince901: 5:41pm On Mar 07, 2016
angry
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by diasporaman(m): 5:41pm On Mar 07, 2016
God shall raise a standard against every schemes of the Daura President

2 Likes

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sukkot: 5:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
I know you'd support even a masquerade, I mean a real masquerade, to testify against him. Am I wrong?
frankly ? the kanu issue is irrelevant to me. just commented out of boredom.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Gboliwe: 5:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
Nnamdi Kanu will see the witnesses but the witnesses won't see him. Na WA for this kinda arrangement

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sunnyuche1(m): 5:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
undecided
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by ngmgeek(m): 5:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
What a mockery of Nigeria's judicial system.

The Chicken that is mocking a roasted fowl is mocking its own death. wink

4 Likes

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by princdebola201(m): 5:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
K
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by ManagerUgo(m): 5:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
Watching

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sunnyuche1(m): 5:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
mad people everywhere undecided

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by alizma: 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2016
lol, when you call your country a zoo, be ready to some zebra colors. oge megi vum na nya. Kano is in for a looooooong thing.

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 07, 2016
sukkot:
Lol. You? I don't believe it. You who loves Buhari with every fiber of your soul will not rejoice when his enemies are being put to shame? I don't believe it.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by AbdulHaram(m): 5:46pm On Mar 07, 2016
sukkot:
No, it's not. You're ALWAYS SEEN in threads with Kanu name on them.

3 Likes

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by kenny987(f): 5:50pm On Mar 07, 2016
Perversion of justice just to achieve a demonic aim.

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by VANHELLSING: 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
abbey621:
This is a welcomed development. In advanced countries and where there is evidence of intimidation, witnesses are first screened by the judge with both counsel present in his chambers, this ascertains the credibility of the witnesses before they can testify under a screen or a shield.
Can u provide us with one instance where such happened and in which country.

Buharii is destroying the justice system and setting a bad precedence in this accursed country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by shamecurls(m): 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
Okijajuju1:
Sweeeet..

I wonder if I can play nairabet on how many years imprisonment Kanu would get because I know say e must be atleast 65 years with extra hard labor without the possibility of parole and to be served in a prison in Northern Nigeria. grin

You re a lier

It can be more than 80 years

Na so u go lose money for Nairabet.

80 is the number

2 Likes

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Montaque(m): 5:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
This ruling will not stand on appeal. Seeing that the court had earlier on disapproved on it and cannot decide it all over again.
Anyway, the defense would like to get done with the case to determine kanu's legal position as fast as possible.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by electrokcoi(m): 5:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
Nigeria will be in the state of calamity if their evil plan against this innocent man work out for them

just mark it some where.

3 Likes

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by BabaOneChance: 5:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
Kai, kai, kai, kai, kai!!! Nnamdi Kanu I don enter am por one chance eee! Eben selp, Buhary cow prom the north pit kwom testipy against you. Kai!!! cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Okijajuju1(m): 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2016
shamecurls:

You re a lier

It can be more than 80 years

Na so u go lose money for Nairabet.

80 is the number

65 na surebet jor.

No just dull yaself o!

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by shamecurls(m): 5:57pm On Mar 07, 2016
Okijajuju1:

65 na surebet jor.

No just dull yaself o!

Get out jor

I can bet my whole investment on it.

80 is a banker.

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 07, 2016
Even though I don't support IPOB hmmmm why should the witnesses shield their face Buhari hmmmmmm
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by jimi4us: 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2016
It's 99.9% chance that those witness are ndi ofe nmanu.

3 Likes

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Okijajuju1(m): 5:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
shamecurls:

Get out jor

I can bet my whole investment on it.

80 is a banker.

80 na Savannah bank o!

I fit even sell my kidney and liver take back up this bet.

Do it and thank me later with 1 Orijin.

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by erico2k2(m): 6:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
abbey621:
This is a welcomed development. In advanced countries and where there is evidence of intimidation, witnesses are first screened by the judge with both counsel present in his chambers, this ascertains the credibility of the witnesses before they can testify under a screen or a shield.
Nop in advanced countries you are put under witness protection . You must say your name and identify yourself .you may appear via video link but you must identify yourself.So what's the screen for?of they Identify themselves in court?
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by erico2k2(m): 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
ellacute45:
Even though I don't support IPOB hmmmm why should the witnesses shield their face Buhari hmmmmmm
Exactly. What are they scared of. Would they not identify themselves? ?
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by shamecurls(m): 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
Okijajuju1:

80 na Savannah bank o!

I fit even sell my kidney and liver take back up this bet.

Do it and thank me later with 1 Orijin.

Make I give u forecast free of charge.

Na death sentence e suppose be but dem go convert am to years imprisonment

65 na small number I tell u

Thank me later with Odeku
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by politricks: 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
VANHELLSING:

Buharii is destroying the justice system and setting a bad precedence in this accursed country.
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/19558193/
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by abbey621(m): 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
VANHELLSING:

I'm sure you are educated, a simple search on Google will provide the examples you seek but if that's too hard you can visit the link below to learn more about witness protection measures.

https://www.unodc.org/documents/human-trafficking/Toolkit-files/08-58296_tool_5-18.pdf
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by KissCODE(m): 6:05pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Not really putting on a mask but a screen shield blocking his or her face. Do you have an idea if the witness will call their names before the process begin?
I doubt of they will call their names... But if the accused persons and their lawyers would be seeing them... I think it is okay...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hoodlums Take Over LASU Axis, Attack & Rob Students At Will / Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice / Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.