Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial (24195 Views)

Court Okays Evans’ Fundamental Rights Suit For Hearing / Court Okays 10years Sentence For Trigger Happy Cop / NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by chubbylistic: 9:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
GOD ALMIGHTY IS NOT HAPPY WITH THIS COUNTRY. Where are the Real Prophets and Men of GOD in this Country. Let them Speak The Word/Mind Of GOD to Nigeria.
I see this Country in bits and pieces. The bits and pieces are seventeen(17) in number. Darkness is everywhere.
Nigeria is fighting GOD, but I tell you this day, that the Mercy Of GOD have departed from Nigeria.
I see The Sword Of God upon this Country.
This Country is matching powers with GOD. I see the consuming fire of GOD upon this country.
Read Ezekiel Chapter 33 vs 1 to 21.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by mindtricks: 10:22pm On Mar 07, 2016
Reyginus:
Hmmm. Doesn't that make it possible for anyone to stand as witness? Should we even take such a witness serious? How can we verify that the witness is not a DSS official or an opportunist hired for the Job?

I don't also think the case is that delicate for the witness to be masked. If they can present witnesses in cases of people accused of embezzling money that has led to lose of lives I don't see why the witness in this case, where the accused was not even accused of taking life, should be masked. IPOB maybe misguided but they are not that violent.

Truth! Govt's mishandling of this issue will only make things escalate.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by jsb(m): 10:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
I suspect Okorohausa is among the hired witnesses..
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by bittertruthz: 10:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
chubbylistic:
GOD ALMIGHTY IS NOT HAPPY WITH THIS COUNTRY. Where are the Real Prophets and Men of GOD in this Country. Let them Speak The Word/Mind Of GOD to Nigeria.
I see this Country in bits and pieces. The bits and pieces are seventeen(17) in number. Darkness is everywhere.
Nigeria is fighting GOD, but I tell you this day, that the Mercy Of GOD have departed from Nigeria.
I see The Sword Of God upon this Country.
This Country is matching powers with GOD. I see the consuming fire of GOD upon this country.
Read Ezekiel Chapter 33 vs 1 to 21.

so watin concern Kanu and light or righteousness?
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by bittertruthz: 11:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
electrokcoi:
Nigeria will be in the state of calamity if their evil plan against this innocent man work out for them

just mark it some where.

who is innocent?........................... Arrogant Kanu can not be innocent. The bible says: BLESSED ARE THE PEACE MAKER FOR THEY SHALL OBTAIN PEACE.

Kanu is a violent war monger. So arrogant and insulting................. He dont even have respect for igbo ladies married to other tribe and their children. He is not diplomatic.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Coachubenwa: 11:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
it is a matter of time.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by marv1: 11:25pm On Mar 07, 2016
bestman09:
Buhari is looking for opportunity to convict KANU by all means. Our God is a faithful God. We shall overcome.
God was faithful when kanu was calling nigeria a zoo, abusing federal government and other tribes on his radio as if tomorow would not come. God is still faithful even when man is unfaithful. God will still be God when man stop to exist. Every man should remember the consequences of their actions.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by tobiasbeecher: 11:28pm On Mar 07, 2016
sukkot:
its called controlled opposition. the emergence of kanu out of obscurity in england was organized. and the fact that the british let him use their country for the campaign with buhari in britain all that time hobnobbing with the british intelligence tells me they propped him up for this purpose. you think they hate each other but thats because you have been bamboozled by the crafted story. and then he was instructed to come to nigeria on a certain date and told to go to a certain hotel in ikeja and they will pretend to pick him up and arrest him from the hotel lol. ITS ALL STARTING TO MAKE SENSE. ITS ALL ORGANIZED. TRUST ME. LET ME TELL YOU HOW THIS WILL PLAY OUT ? THEY WILL FIND HIM GUILTY AND SENTENCE HIM TO DEATH AND THEY WILL TAKE HIM AWAY AND FLY HIM TO A COUNTRY TO GO AND COOL OFF, WHILE THE WHOLE NDIGBO POPULATION PLUNGEs THE COUNTRY INTO CIVIL WAR AND ANARCHY WILL ENSUE. HAHA I SEE THROUGH IT ALL
Well I don't think it will be a good idea to sentence him to jail not to talk of killing him. If they do, that may plunge Nigeria into serious civil unrest that may snowball into full fledged civil war! But God forbid, they should find a common ground to settle this
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sukkot: 11:45pm On Mar 07, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

Well I don't think it will be a good idea to sentence him to jail not to talk of killing him. If they do, that may plunge Nigeria into serious civil unrest that may snowball into full fledged civil war! But God forbid, they should find a common ground to settle this
that may be the whole motive. remember the american saying ' nigeria will divide by 2015 / 2016 ' ? yeah they may be about to making that a reality. or not
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sweetgala(m): 5:43am On Mar 08, 2016
Reyginus:
Hmmm. Doesn't that make it possible for anyone to stand as witness? Should we even take such a witness serious? How can we verify that the witness is not a DSS official or an opportunist hired for the Job?

I don't also think the case is that delicate for the witness to be masked. If they can present witnesses in cases of people accused of embezzling money that has led to lose of lives I don't see why the witness in this case, where the accused was not even accused of taking life, should be masked. IPOB maybe misguided but they are not that violent.

No, I can seat in court without a screen and still be a false witness. It allows the witness to feel safe, and not be intimidated by the gallery and the accused.

It is not a new device and is used in all cases involving minors and dangerous criminal organisations
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sweetgala(m): 5:45am On Mar 08, 2016
Reyginus:

You don't think the case is delicate, Kanu is a cult leader who can ask his followers to do and undo. He has a similar level of influence among illiterates as a state governor
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sweetgala(m): 5:46am On Mar 08, 2016
Reyginus:
Not really putting on a mask but a screen shield blocking his or her face. Do you have an idea if the witness will call their names before the process begin?

They would be given an alias, witness A , B etc

It is not a new thing, and it is often employed in courts the world over.

Why are there so many functional illiterates on NL

You people would score low on an IQ test
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sweetgala(m): 5:48am On Mar 08, 2016
AdaNri1:
Even people testifying against the mafia do not get hidden during trial. They know they are bringing Judases who want to make it easy on their conscience by not looking at Nnamdi in the eye.

I don't know what mafia cases you've been watching ooh, cause the number of mafia witnesses living in protective custody or who have changed their names and have been put in a witness protection programme the world over is huge.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Ahmedhussain3463: 6:31am On Mar 08, 2016
erico2k2:

Nah wrong answer, I have seen cases where people do not even know of what offence he has committed yet argue over.
ok so u wnt me to tell u wht e dne wrong abi?
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Bsc(m): 6:33am On Mar 08, 2016
KORLAR:

The accused, the judge and the lawyers will see the witnesses.
Have u been to a court before?.... If the people u mentioned will see the witness that means the public can see too...(If u really understand the sitting in the court) others won't get to see the witness except, the counsels meet with the witness privately in a room before the process of litigation begins in court. Or they wnt allow other come inside the court....
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by marlockj: 7:52am On Mar 08, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. What do you mean by Taking Lives Inciting Violence?

What's d difference btw taking life n inciting violence??

who incite violence has taken lives
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by judondasylva(m): 8:24am On Mar 08, 2016
this shows you why igbos call this country Zoo cus its only in the animal kingdom that some thing like this can be possible. ooh I forgot that even animals have upgraded that it can't even happen in their land. you see why we Igbo don't want to stay in the same country with all these animals? God will help KANU he will be victorious in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by king096: 8:31am On Mar 08, 2016
Nelson Mandela suffered more that this... but what happened at last
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by maestro2000(m): 9:05am On Mar 08, 2016
abbey621:

I'm sure you are educated, a simple search on Google will provide the examples you seek but if that's too hard you can visit the link below to learn more about witness protection measures.

https://www.unodc.org/documents/human-trafficking/Toolkit-files/08-58296_tool_5-18.pdf

Ah God will bless you beyond your expectations. When we tell them to always look beyond American/English movies they won't listen. .. all they can claim they know is witness protection program (witpro) they never realise that even in the Nigeria law there is a provision for shielding witnesses as long as the witness feel threatened or intimidated. ...
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by erico2k2(m): 9:13am On Mar 08, 2016
Ahmedhussain3463:
ok so u wnt me to tell u wht e dne wrong abi?
Or else we dnt have a base for argument
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 08, 2016
A govt found on falsehood can not change over night, this is nothing but trying in vain to prosecute an innocent man for following his mind and that of a people so depressed, humiliated, slaughtered, and with an intention to exterminate them, of which he Nnamdi Kanu is a victim. How else can one be told you are not wanted here? From the year of the useless marriage of a wicked blood hungry and naive Hausa /Fulanis with a nation that likes solving their problems within the range of their family borders. What can an Igbo man claim to be his gain in this marriage? From that date to now has their been any year the Igbos are not molested or killed in their hundreds?. World bodies and organisations have remained silent on the plight of the igbo man. If Israel went into slavery for 70 yrs but on that faithful day promised by God they were liberated and by a man. The Igbo man I suppose have completed our own mandate of slavery in the hands of this pharaoh Hausa/Fulanis if God decides to free us no one can stand against it. Moses was a man, #NNAMDI KANU is also a man, all Israelites did not agree with Moses then, all igbos may not agree with #Nnamdi Kanu, but if God wills it, those who stand against it will go down like pharaoh and his people. No going back.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 08, 2016
marlockj:

What's d difference btw taking life n inciting violence??

who incite violence has taken lives
Wow. I hope you'd maintain this consistency. Okay. In 2011, Muhammadu Buhari incited violence in Nigeria by his utterances and lives were lost. A corper was dragged out of a Police Station and murdered. Should we rate Buhari and Kanu as same people? Who has died as a result of Kanu's utterance?
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 08, 2016
sweetgala:

They would be given an alias, witness A , B etc
It is not a new thing, and it is often employed in courts the world over.
Why are there so many functional illiterates on NL
You people would score low on an IQ test
IQ test? Does an IQ test exist?
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 08, 2016
sweetgala:

You don't think the case is delicate, Kanu is a cult leader who can ask his followers to do and undo. He has a similar level of influence among illiterates as a state governor
Can you mention just one thing, one violent act he's asked his followers to execute and they did.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by gentlezypher: 10:34am On Mar 08, 2016
Nigerian court=lawn tennis court
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Deepfreezer(m): 10:38am On Mar 08, 2016
They should decide this case already. if they want to jail Director let them do so. may the will of God Almighty be done in this case. Amen.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Deepfreezer(m): 10:39am On Mar 08, 2016
Reyginus:
Can you mention just one thing, one violent act he's asked his followers to execute and they did.
very good question. let him mention one violent act Kanu or has perpetrated.
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sweetgala(m): 11:28am On Mar 08, 2016
Reyginus:

When did you start paying attention to this IPOB matter. !

On more than one occasion Kanu advocated the murder of Fulani/ Hausa or Igbo not sympathetic to their cause, they wee referred to as betrayers.

Pls stop this nonsense , the premise of this IPOB to actualize the Biafra agenda via violence
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by sweetgala(m): 11:33am On Mar 08, 2016
Reyginus:
IQ test? Does an IQ test exist?

Thou a very flawed way to gauge intelligence, many here do not display any level of analytical thinking
Re: Court Okays Shielding Of Witnesses In Kanu’s Trial by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 08, 2016
sweetgala:

When did you start paying attention to this IPOB matter. !

On more than one occasion Kanu advocated the murder of Fulani/ Hausa or Igbo not sympathetic to their cause, they wee referred to as betrayers.

Pls stop this nonsense , the premise of this IPOB to actualize the Biafra agenda via violence
Lololol. My question is simply mention one case where Kanu's supporters carried out a violent act guided by him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hoodlums Take Over LASU Axis, Attack & Rob Students At Will / Usifo Ataga: Onoh Ojukwu, Four Others Charged With Obstruction Of Justice / Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.