Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

2Ballz's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2Ballz's Profile / 2Ballz's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 44 pages)

Health / Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2020
Peakyblinder:

Good morning doctors and nairalanders. Two nights ago, I woke up to ease myself and realized I was cold. Fan was on though but I wasn't covered. Then I took a blanket and covered myself. I woke up with my whole body very very hot (no chills). I don't think it's fever but I might be wrong. Few hours later, my waist was paining me but it later subsided then came a very severe headache that lasted from Sunday morning to Monday morning. I didn't take any drugs. The headache has reduced though I still have episodes of slight headache plus pain in eye socket. I didn't take any drugs cos I'm against self medication. Please what test can I run to ascertain what caused that? Thank you
Get to have an appointment with a medical doctor at your local clinic for support since your complaints are coming too often.
Health / Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 5:04pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ifeoluwaborode:
Hello doctor , my sister is extremely having a problem with her period , it started in 2018, when she had her period , it was prolonged more than 2 wks and didn't stop , we took her to the hospital and she was given Primolut N . When she completed the drug . For her to get her nxt MP , it was the same thing , the period will not stop ,it was heavy with blood cloth . One of our family doctor told her to use oral contraceptive pill . When she used the pill, during her period , it was normal , but when she stops taking it , it goes back to the same thing , but now he doesn't have the heavy flow
.she is not taking the pill anymore and now she saw her period in in dec 2019, Feb 2020 and haven't gotten it till now. She doesn't have Fibroid . And she is 21 , and she is virgin , This thing is really affecting her . What will be the cause of this problem and how can she resolve it
How long has this been?
How long does her bleeding stay without any supportive medications?
Health / Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:02pm On May 25, 2020
AverageAnnie:
Does GERD causes numbness of the palm and feet, paralytic sensation in the face, nose and a feeling of wounds in the head when there's actually no wound all over the head, unusual dizziness and body tremblings...all these started since 3rd of Feb... Ran alot of tests and scan, the doctor diagnosed me of extreme stress and low HDL.. Docs in the house plz help out, my family believes it's a spiritual attack but I don't want to believe that,although I've been praying fervently and God is hearing them but I just want to know whether stress and low HDL could cause all these.

How low is your HDL?
What were the possible factors observed on clerking you that led your doctor to conclude you have symptoms relating to severe stress?

Can I see your full report on Lipid profiling?
Your Blood pressure?
Your fasting blood glucose concentration?
And if at all, your laboratory report on important electrolytes.
Health / Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 12:13pm On May 19, 2020
fiola1985:
Dr I need help I did m/c/s test the result was psedonomonas spp moderate growth I was placed on injection and antibiotics ciprofloxacin etc for five days but after 2 months of treatment the infection is still there, pls is the infection uncurable? I got it through swimming in the river when I was young.
You could be right to have observe that this problem started after swimming in a given water body. But you really have to know that this very Coliform spp inhabit your lower intestinal and urinary tract such that it would only take some factors to work into causing them infectious. Don't worry! It is common to see and hear of UTI recurrence especially at your 20s. The good news is that with proper management it can completely subside or the ease with recurrence will be far reduced.
Before I will make mention of some if these helping tips, I would be please if I have your present report on this UTI.
Health / Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 12:05pm On May 19, 2020
ovalrose:
Good morning doctor, I'm the lady who wrote you sometime stating issues with my pregnancy which I later lost on the 23rd of last month. Now the issue is that the subsequent bleeding is usually heavy with much clots and pain. It lasts like 3/4 days and slows down a lot or even stops, only to begin again heavily like 2 days later. Sort of on/off but with much clots and pain. I was told that it's an incomplete miscarriage hence the stop and begin process so to go to hospital for flushing of my womb. The fact unfortunately is that we cant afford the amount charged for treatment upon which a nurse friend suggested I take Cytotec, a drug that would induce the remaining tissue and blood to leave my system. I wanted to find out if I can take it instead of the hospital process as we honestly can't afford it. Is it effective and safe,ie it won't affect my chances of getting pregnant again when I want to try? I keep hearing that if I don't flush my womb out at the hospital that I won't ever be able to take in again. Thanks, Worried.
Even though you have had the Cytotec used, you would still have to do a proper ultrasound scan check just to confirm that there is little or no leftovers of conceptus. This is important after every miscarriage or abortion to avoid an acute shock or a chronic PID that may further lead to a life loss or if not, a tubal blockage. For a general support and review, seek a doctor's help.
Health / Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by 2Ballz(m): 8:44am On May 14, 2020
Malik1338:
Hi guys. Please what drugs or supplement can one use to reverse or reduce hair loss

Have you seen your doctor to know the cause of your hair loss?
How long has this been?
Age?
Health / Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by 2Ballz(m): 7:35am On May 14, 2020
Investnow2017:
Doctor, What supplement can you recommend for a case of clinical depression or dystemia. My friend is always feeling low and unmotivated and does not believe in antidepressants since none has worked for him either.

I will appreciate it if you could reply. Thanks
We will appreciate if you tell us the kind of Antidepressants he has used so far. Meanwhile, we also advised that your friend seeks a doctor's help or a doctor with extra training on psychiatry to handle his clinical depression with ease.
Health / Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by 2Ballz(m): 7:32am On May 14, 2020
Douglascosta:
If I test negative for HIV after 5 weeks of exposure, do I still need to take another test?
We may need to know the name of the HIV test you did.
Health / Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by 2Ballz(m): 7:31am On May 14, 2020
Maclink288:
Good day everyone, I'm a 22year old boy recently I discovered my heart beat faster and I do have chills although there was something I was thinking about before that feeling came up. I thought it was hbp but I've checked my BP on 3 different occasions and it's normal (110/70).
Please doctors in the house what might be the problem cause it's getting me worried
Thank you
Do you experience this frequently?
How long has this been?
When and how did you discover this?
Have you seen your doctor on this issue?
Health / Re: Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements by 2Ballz(m): 7:28am On May 14, 2020
nigerdoncast:
please which drug can I take for arthritis?
Have you gone to clinic to hear from your doctor what is the cause to your painful joints?
Health / Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:25am On May 14, 2020
For further support, kindly reach out to my profile signature for direction.
Health / Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:23am On May 14, 2020
Mandela89:
Help what can he use to treat the staph and increase the sperm count

The report is okay. It is normal to have light growth of Staphylococcus spp especially if during the swabbing process this bacterium came to serve as a contaminant, note that treatment may not be given if this said person does not show any sign or symptoms of this light bacterial growth.
Health / Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:18am On May 14, 2020
Hormohtoondeh:
Good evening doc
I hope I am not in a hell of trouble. I am 30 years old and my menstrual cycle has not been regular since time memorial
I have done different scan of which all but d last one returned as normal. The last scan I did showed some ovarian cysts.
I haven't seen my period since November last year, and the most frightening part to me is that I have spotting since February 25, a day I lost my beloved sister. D discharge has been coming in different colours
At times black, brown but most recently bloody discharge. I hope I am not in deep shit.
I don't think you are in any mess with all that is written. For a start, let me have a view of the scan report.
Health / Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:15am On May 14, 2020
stinorhymes:
Good day house, pls is it right to start taking routine antenatal supplements like folic acid, ferrous sulphate, calcium, Bcomplex and vitamin c during the first month of pregnancy ?
If not, pls when is the right time to start, and what's the appropriate prescription or dosage for taking the above enumerated antenatal vitamins ?
It is advisable you start using your antenatal supplements even before pregnancy just to ensure that on getting pregnant you have got a lot of folates to supply to the speedy developing embryo. Early pregnancy requires all this vitamins, and maintain a proper use of Iron just not have problems with increase systemic supply. For dosage, we will advice your talking with your doctor on that.
Health / Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:06am On May 14, 2020
Nancystan:

I'm pregnant again after 4+months of delivery twins.i was shocked! I took morning after pills afterwards.pls what I should do?
What help do you want from us?
Health / Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 7:05am On May 14, 2020
StennyB:
Good evening Doctor,
My partner and I really need advice, we've talked to a doctor friend who has been managing our case but things always get complicated. It just seems like we keep moving from one issue to another.
1. We've been sexually active for over two years now. At first we used contraceptives ( condom and postinor 2) but not anymore still no sign of pregnancy.
Rather what we get is pregnancy scare.
2. She's always had a heavy flow with painful cramps. She takes drugs to alleviate the pain most times.
3. Last year she was on admittion and had to take drugs intravenously. Her period lasted for almost 7 days.
4. Just last month her period delayed for more than a week. She had slight bleeding before her ovulation and on d day of her ovulation. The doctor friend treated her for infection and gave her drugs to stop d bleeding. She always complains that her right side feels tender just before her period. Even d sex is painful for her. She showed most signs for pregnancy but only for d period to start on Tuesday morning really heavy.
Please what can we do at a time like this, cause I'm really worried and I don't want anything to happen to her.
She should make an appointment with a trained medical doctor for both pelvic and physical examination. The medical doctor may request an ultrasound imaging and report of her pelvic organs. This is to find anything abnormal relating to her bleeding abnormality, pains on doing sex and if her uterine cramping is normal or disease-related. Her early pregnancy feeling could have been chemical which only might have lasted within the period of her cycle. Trying further will bring that pregnancy that will stay. So she keep should remain using her Folic acid, vitaminB6, Vitamin B12 and some helpful supplements.
Health / Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:48am On May 14, 2020
xxgig:

Dear Doctor, I wasn't feeling so well ( weird dreams, headache, fatigue and orange colored urine.)
so I went to see a nurse who runs a medicine store.
She gave me an antimalarial called P. Alaxin .
Last night been the night the last dose of the drug, I started having runny nose and sneezing that i could not sleep.

I took two tabs of piriton last and slept for only a few hours.
Since I woke up this morning my nose have been dry but suddenly became runny this evening
The sneezing stopped too. But the headache and weakness of body persist.

By now you could have done something. How are you feeling now?
Health / Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:46am On May 14, 2020
mikky234:

I could post the details here if you don't mind. My phone fell a few days ago and the camera got bad.

MACROSCOPY: Yellow and turbid
MICROSCOPY: pus cells - numerous
Epithelial cells - +

culture report: Yielded no bacteria growth after 48 hours of incubation at 37 degrees C
How did this discharge come about?
Is it whenever you want to urinate?
Is the penis just leaking?
Is it during defecation?
Does this discharge smell awful?

Your result does not have carry cause to this discharge of yours. Thus, it will definitely need no treatment. We will advice that you keep a watch for at least some weeks to see if this discharge will stop on it own.
Health / Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:36am On May 14, 2020
naijaboy756:
hello sir, I started taking the drugs for the spondylosis and also doing some exercises.

But I have noticed the strenuous pain at to back of my neck towards the left side some length into my head.

It is refusing to go
Kindly discuss this with your doctor.
Health / Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 9:12pm On May 05, 2020
mikky234:
Doctors please I need some help.
I noticed some discharge from my penis and went for a test. The result back saying no bacteria present but pus was found. I took the result to the pharmacy, where I got some drugs, including doxycycline capsules.
The drugs were given as a precautionary measure.

After two weeks of medication, I am still getting deposits. Today is the last day; I'm confused and worried. Please what do I do?
Post the first result you have had on this presenting complaint.
Health / Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 9:10pm On May 05, 2020
Preenxess:

Can the sperm count and motility be increased?
Is it also possible to make his sperm thick?
Hope your charges aren't expensive?
Yes. Both count and motility can increase.
What do you want to do with a thick semen( longer time to under go liquefaction)?
Charge? It depends.
Health / Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 9:07pm On May 05, 2020
Pojomojo:
Thank you much.
You're welcome.
Health / Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 9:06pm On May 05, 2020
cyntybabe:
Good evening,
Please, i started taking pregnacare conception pills on saturday, once a day. I want to ask what's the right usage as I'm expecting my period on sunday, i & hubby just finished treating moderate growth of staph last tuesday & we've been having sex.

How effective is it?
Usage directives should be written on the leaflet.
Health / Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 9:04pm On May 05, 2020
Tyme86:
Goodevening Dr in the house, i realised dat since after I did myomectomy my period has bin light, i can use just 1 pad for a day and usually not like dat, i just wanted to ask of it is normal?
It is expected that your period should trip low after a fibroid removal. In the process of the mass removing, there are also chances that the uterine lining can't be damaged. This little damage on healing may turn fibrous affecting shedding of the lining. This is itself normal. Provided that every other thing is normal,your bleeding will in time go normal.

1 Like

Health / Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 8:56am On May 02, 2020
All,
If I haven't address your case, please move up again. But it would be better you have me talked it privately( use my profile signature to get my Whatsapp number) with you being now that I am quite busy. Charges are considerable, but if the lockdown is so pressive and you can be patient just repost your complaint.
Health / Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 8:51am On May 02, 2020
Fruit4me:
Pls doctors in the house interpret
Interprete what?
Health / Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 8:50am On May 02, 2020
[quote author=Peakyblinder post=89065072][/quote]
Your liver is swollen a bit with a Peptic ulcer disease associating with it.
You may have to follow up this result with a full Liver Function Test and Lipid profile test to start with, while your peptic ulcer disease goes on proper management. For the now, you are advised to put to stop further use of any medications or herbs not known by your doctor on usage. This is to address and minimise the alteration in size of the liver.
Health / Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 8:44am On May 02, 2020
Preenxess:
MY HUBBY'S SFA RESULT.

Good afternoon sir.
I've shared this in health forum. I really need your advice.
Doctor please see my hubby's SFA result.
The doctor said he's ok but I'm not comfortable especially the watery aspect.

Please advise on the way forward. What could be done to help him as we are still looking forward to having issues
I have gone through his SFA, and I can say he is not doing bad as you are making it seems. Why not have us discus it privately, charges may follow up with it.
Health / Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 8:40am On May 02, 2020
ovalrose:

Thanks for your reply, doc. I am still bleeding, even clots. Still no pain, still no pregnancy symptoms again...I paused taking the prenatal vitamins but I shall resume as you instructed. Thank you very much.

Modified: I did have a full miscarriage yesterday, doc...seems this one didn't want to stay... how do I know when I've recovered and when can I start trying for another baby again? What are my chances of taking in quickly or what can I do to prevent another miscarriage from happening?
Thanks

I am sorry to have seen your reply now. I hardly read through post here being that I have been somewhat busy these days.
Kindly, let me tell you not to feel bad about your loss. It happens sometimes and you will gather up energy to move on. That is what being living makes life unique.
Alright. Remain positive about pregnancy. This period, let your body and soul relax. Don't be spurned into sex by the mere urge to start pregnancy again soon after a loss, it cause to be depress when it is not showing up. Hey! eat fruits, eat vegetables and drink plenty food. It is no problem to start using some helpful supplements, if you choose to, get started with Fertilaid and jam it up with Vitamins such as B6,B12,Folic acids and C. Keep records of your bleeding days, learn to analyze your ovulation and if it's comfortable by you,enjoy the whole lockdown doing sex.

You have my whatsapp number for help and support in my profile signature. Though I may charge, it is merely for seriousness to act and indebtness to,i am very much cool with friends.
Health / Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 8:25am On May 02, 2020
shadow88:
I stumbled on this post and thanks to God I did
I has stillbirth at 39weeks due to cord accident after six weeks I was told to try which I did and it came out positive after two weeks I miscarried before the miscarriage the test after been positive reads negative or the test strip becomes fainter after then blood,this is the third time its happening and I was told to do scan which I did and nothing was found
Doctor I need help because the miscarriage is back to back though the doc said its chemical pregnancy because it happens before 5weeks of pregnancy (exact two weeks for the three)
Why don't we talk privately? Though I may charge for privacy, I think it worth it. Use my profile signature to reach me.
Health / Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 2Ballz(m): 8:23am On May 02, 2020
Pojomojo:
I went for hormonal profile on day 10 of my cycle
Cycle length 29- 30

Please kindly assist with the interpretation

FSH 2.6 reference mIU/ml
Follicular 3-20
Ovulatory 9-26
Luteal 1-12
Post menopause 18-153

LH 5.81 reference mIU/ml
Follicular 1.7-15
Ovulatory 22-105
Luteal 0.6-19
Post menopause 16-64

Prolactine 32.97 reference ng/ml
3.4-26.9

Estradial E2 178.64 reference pg/ml
Follicular 15-115
Ovulatory 136-251
Luteal 48-172
Post menopause 10-166

Progesterone .86 reference ng/ml
Follicular .25-6.22
Ovulatory .22-.54
Luteal 1.5-20
Post menopause less than 41
Thanks in advance
Good morning madam. Before I go into analysing your results, I would advise you to not run assay for all hormones again in the CD10. Conventional CDs on use is to have a wide frame knowledge of the whole menstrual cycle in a small picture. Running the hormones all in one phase can't tell you what is happening in the other phases of the cycle.

CD10, with respect your cycle length is in the Follicular or proliferative phase. Thus, I will analyse this assay done in that phase.
At CD10, with just 4-5days more to your assumed day of ovulation your FSH should be at least be higher than that. There are chances that as the cycle goes on, it may or may not increase at all. Now, getting to hold your LH closer to it, you will observe that your LH is a way higher compare to it. If your LH goes in this rate, it will only mean a follicle will fail on domancy before ovulation. This eventually will leave it out as a Follicular cyst confirming a high LH:FSH ratio. I would likely predict ovulation didn't happen for this cycle.
Moving down to your Prolactin, I will see further a reason for this hormonal distortion which seemed to incline in the presence of a high LH:FSH ratio. This could be associative or causative. It depends on the cause. Associative in the sense of PCOS or CUSHING'S syndrome and causative as HYPERPROLACTINEMIA.
It is expected that Estradiol does not change that much as its concentration is much likely going to be in the CD10 being a bit closed to your assumed ovulatory phase.
Better appreciation for the Progesterone would have been if it were done in the ovulatory or luteal phase. But on prediction with all I have explained, it is likely your progesterone may not be too high in your luteal phase. This may mean, your cycle went through with no ovulation.

1 Like

Health / Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 10:07pm On Apr 30, 2020
Peakyblinder:
can someone help interprete this
Not too clear to my viewing, kindly post a good snap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 44 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.