Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,077 members, 7,957,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:18 AM

2n2k's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2n2k's Profile / 2n2k's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 33 pages)

Politics / Re: Aguda House : Official Residence Of The Nigerian Vice President by 2n2k(m): 8:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kelsmatuc:
Dis is interesting ...was thinking about rock houses both president n his vice.....dis deserve front page

Prettylima:
Good to know, I taught president and vice dey stay together before cheesy grin

Let handle ur carton work

Akinola Aguda House is also inside the Villa.

The pictures of the villa that is popular is just the president office including the council chamber but the president doesn't live there.

There is a separate house where the president lives called 'The Residence' and the Villa Chapel is located near it.

There are also other houses for the president relatives and top aides which are given numbers like 'House 9', 'House 4', etc.

10 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: FG Mulls Taking Rivers, Lagos To Supreme Court Over VAT Collection by 2n2k(m): 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2021
The Supreme Court cannot reverse itself..

When the Lagos State govt sued the FG at the Supreme Court over VAT, the Supreme Court threw out the case on technical ground that the case concerned revenue and should start from the Federal High Court.

That was why Rivers State started the case in a Federal High Court.

Politics / Re: Babafemi Ojudu Unhappy As Femi Fani-Kayode Joins APC by 2n2k(m): 9:02pm On Sep 16, 2021
Botking:

I have never ever heard before, of a politician cross carpet from one party to the other before in the USA.

I don't know if this only happens in Nigeria,

Well this is to show us that politicians are only for their pockets

At bolded is debatable.

Trump started with Republican Party, moved to Reform party, then to Democratic Party, back to Republican, then as Independent and finally again to Republican where he won presidency all between 1987 and 2016

1 Like

Politics / Re: Amir, Aisha Yesufu's Son Graduates From Regent University London (Pics, Video) by 2n2k(m): 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2021
Subzero047:

You open your mouth and be talking rubbish show me a proof of what you are saying

This is the last time I would answer you because you are uncouth.
Check his profile on LinkedIn
Politics / Re: Amir, Aisha Yesufu's Son Graduates From Regent University London (Pics, Video) by 2n2k(m): 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
Subzero047:

It seems you have learning disability, this was the NHIS director in 2016 not Aisha Yesufu's husband

You are arrogant in ignorance.

There is a difference between Aliu Yesufu an Executive Director Investment in NHIS up to 2016 and Usman Yusuf an Executive Secretary/ CEO of NHIS. Yesufu was never the Executive Secretary.

Aliu Yesufu didn't even serve under Usman Yusuf who came in when Buhari sent the Executive of which Yesufu was a part packing in 2016. Yusuf was later sacked in 2019 for Sambo to take over
Politics / Re: Amir, Aisha Yesufu's Son Graduates From Regent University London (Pics, Video) by 2n2k(m): 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2021
Subzero047:

Shut up, her husband shares the same name with the official

No not share.
Her husband is Aliu Osigwe Yesufu. Former General Manager in charge of Investment in NHIS up to 2016.

She never hid it and their pictures are all over Internet.

Google is your friend
Politics / Re: Amir, Aisha Yesufu's Son Graduates From Regent University London (Pics, Video) by 2n2k(m): 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2021
Subzero047:

Shut up, her husband shares the same name with the official

No not share.
Her husband is Aliu Osigwe Yesufu. Former Executive Director in charge of Investment in NHIS up to 2016.

She never hid it and their pictures are all over Internet.

Google is your friend

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Amir, Aisha Yesufu's Son Graduates From Regent University London (Pics, Video) by 2n2k(m): 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2021
[quote author=omojeesu post=105853905][/quote]

Search for Aliu Osigwe Yesufu biography
Politics / Re: Amir, Aisha Yesufu's Son Graduates From Regent University London (Pics, Video) by 2n2k(m): 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
Otuegbe:
is she a govt official

stealmatic:

So what,she is not a public office holder, what do u guys want? Nnamdi cownu's children school where? Is it nnewi or abia?

ICCtestimony:
she is not government official and with what is happening in your country will you advised yourself to enroll your children to school in Nigeria. If you have money. Assume etc

omojeesu:

Did she use her money or stolen money?
What's wrong if you send your child abroad to study with your hard earned money?

HeadNigga:
is she an elected public official? So even me wey dey comment no get right to send my pikin abroad?

Yes. Her husband was a top executive of NHIS for many years until Buhari sent them packing not long ago.
Politics / Re: Simon Harry Replaces Yemi Kale As Statistician-General Of The Federation by 2n2k(m): 6:19pm On Aug 26, 2021
Raxxye:
Buhari must have searched all the nooks and crannies of the North and couldn't find any Fulani Muslim with a degree or even a diploma in Statistics before he grudgingly gave it to a [southern] Christian!
Buhari, the Fulani emperor!

Simon Harry is a northerner.
Politics / Re: Simon Harry Replaces Yemi Kale As Statistician-General Of The Federation by 2n2k(m): 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2021
etrange:
Congrats to him.

Whose picture is that? Harry, Yemi or Tanko?

That is Simon Harry picture
TV/Movies / Re: BBNaija: Maria Nominates Six Housemates For Eviction by 2n2k(m): 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2021
WowSweetGuy:
I thought Pere is her paddy

It will be easier for her to explain to the other five nominated that she was only catching cruise by nominating them, not out of hatred.

Otherwise she would chop nomination from the six on Monday

3 Likes

Travel / Trump Orders Immediate Grounding Of Boeing 737 Max in USA by 2n2k(m): 7:55pm On Mar 13, 2019
President Trump announced that the United States was grounding Boeing’s 737 Max aircraft, reversing an earlier decision by American regulators to keep the jets flying in the wake of a second deadly crash involving one of the jets in Ethiopia.

The Federal Aviation Administration had for days resisted calls to ground the plane even as safety regulators in some 42 countries had banned flights by the jets. As recently as Tuesday, the agency said it had seen “no systemic performance issues” that would prompt it to halt flights of the jet.

“The safety of the American people, of all people, is our paramount concern,” Mr. Trump said.

The order came hours after Canada’s transport minister said that newly available satellite-tracking data suggested similarities between the crash in Ethiopia and another accident last October.

The crash of Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 killed all 157 people on board, and took place just minutes after takeoff. In October, a 737 Max 8 operated by Lion Air, an Indonesian carrier, crashed in similar circumstance and 189 people were killed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/13/business/canada-737-max.html
Travel / Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by 2n2k(m): 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2019
Liftedhands:
who will nurse the baby on the new flight? You?

Who was the nursing baby where and all the while she left it? You?

Flight attendants are skilled in that.

#ihateidioticquestion

1 Like

Politics / Re: I Have Fought A Good Fight ― Gboyega Isiaka by 2n2k(m): 8:33am On Mar 12, 2019
I like the way the south west played their politics this time around.
The unsuccessful candidates simply concede defeat with no threat of going to election tribunals.
That is progress. I hope next time, the pockets of thuggery witnessed will be totally eliminated.
Business / Re: Economist backs CBN ban on textiles; says FOREX on imports enough fund deficit by 2n2k(m): 7:35am On Mar 12, 2019
grandstar:
This so called economist must have been solely educated I'm Nigeria because most of them just have some head knowledge. They are the equivalent of the computer science graduates from the nation's public universities with little knowledge about computing. Just theory and book work

How can an economist say that the country is spending half of the budget deficit on imported textiles? What correlation does that have? The government isn't the one spending the money on importing the textiles. Textile importers simply source the forex from the CBN and they pay for it! They didn't dash them this money or lent it to them.

If I sell you $500,000 at 360 to a $1 and you pay me 180m and you use the $500,000 to import textiles and the ship carrying it capsizes and you lose all stock, that one no concern me. I don collect my 180m

This ban from the CBN will simply put massive pressure on the black market and there'll be a massive gap between it and the investor window down for forex.

A government trying to fight corruption should do it's utmost for all business to be done above ground and not below it where corruption is bound to thrive.

Also,there's nothing wrong in importing textiles. How will the textile factories be competitive when there's inadequate power and high lending rates. This is doomed to fail from the word go. The Bank of Industry lent them 200b in the past which I'm sure a good chunk we t down the drain

It's time government focused on an export or perish mentality because that's the proper way to industrialise and not through import substitution which forces you to pour resources on areas lack comparative advantage.

What kind of third world country is this that does not have a textile sector that is a massive exporter of textiles and garments? If the nation has failed in that, it shows there are deep-rooted problems why the textile industry is dormant here.

Nice analysis but I thought the effect of exclusion of some items is not a ban from importation but exclusion from OFFICIAL exchange market. You can source for forex at other rates (parallel market) and import those items without any hindrance. This reduces pressure on demand for forex at official rate apart from the removal of the ‘subsidy’ of the difference between the two rates.

I am confused about this new restriction on textiles though. In the previous 41 items restricted from official forex, Textiles, Woven fabrics and Clothes were numbers 35, 36 and 37 on the previous list. What are they restricting again?

1 Like

Travel / Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by 2n2k(m): 6:37am On Mar 12, 2019
Wouldn’t it have been more cost effective for the airline to put the child on the next available flight while the mother waited at the destination airport?

Who pays for the fuel that the careless mother let the airline wasted and who compensates other passengers that their itineraries would be disrupted?

24 Likes

Politics / Re: APC Presidential Campaign Spokesman, Festus Keyamo Returned To Law (photos) by 2n2k(m): 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
This man will perform better as the presidential spokesman than those Adeshina and Garba Shehu guys.
Politics / Re: I Won't Stop Criticising Buhari - Obasanjo by 2n2k(m): 8:52pm On Mar 05, 2019
sexyboy193:
I love the confident in obasanjo. But I don't understand why the president will be regarded higher than the kabiyesis

The reference wasn’t in respect to the present relationship of president vs kabiyesi but the past relationship.

Oba Gbadebo was a colonel in the army and was the Principal Staff Officer to Major Gen Tunde Idiagbon (Buhari’s deputy) in 1984 - 1985 when Buhari was the head of state

1 Like

Politics / Re: 72.7 Million PVCs Collected - INEC by 2n2k(m): 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2019
Anambralstson:
When I said Southwest recorded lowest in in PVC collections, ignorance minds here were doubting me, tomorrow they will alleging Igbos don't know politics, that they are traders grin, only Lagos which is cosmopolitan state recorded 84%, Ondo 81%, Ogun 71% VP state grin, Osun 75%, Oyo 74%, Ekiti 73%, while in the southeast Enugu 91%, Ebonyi 88%, Abia 89%, Anambra 84%, Imo% 74% Southsouth, Akwa Ibom 91%, Rivers 88%, Delta, 86% Cross River 90%, Bayelsa 83% and Edo 78%, southwest is lowest in collection of PVCs across all regions

You accept that it is the fault of the SW people for not collecting their PVC. If the case had been that of SE, what we will be hearing is how inec deliberately disenfranchised them by not making the pvc available for collection.
Travel / Re: Lagos Life: 10 Reasons You Should Move From Mainland To Island by 2n2k(m): 3:56am On Feb 18, 2019
TheManOfTheYear:
It's obvious you're a non-lagosian

Ikeja is not the capital of Lagos.
Lagos is the capital of Lagos.

I understand you use to be taught all those state and capital shits but it is wrong.

Ikeja ain't a city, Lagos is the city. Ikeja is under Lagos.

Ignorance kills faster than cyanide gas

You are not totally correct. Lagos was the capital of Lagos state from 1967 - 1976. The capital was moved to Ikeja in 1976.

Ikeja is a separate town with its own king.

Lagos state comprises Ikorodu, Badagry, Ikeja, Lagos and Epe divisions from which the acronym ‘IBILE’ was formed hence you have Ibile Holdings.

Until 1967 when Gowon created Lagos state, Badagry, Ikeja, Ikorodu and Epe were all parts of Western Region. Only Lagos division (Lagos island, Victoria island, apapa, parts of ikoyi and obalende) of all the 5 divisions was a federal territory called federal Lagos or Eko federal.

All those industrial estates in Ilupeju, Ikeja, agbara, etc were creations of Western Region government not federal.

It is the megacity nature that joined all these towns together now that blurred the boundaries. It is this blurring that is causing the argument of who owns Lagos between Benin and Yoruba. When Oba of Lagos talked of Benin owning Lagos, he was referring to Eko which is his domain and he might be right. He wasn’t speaking for other towns outside his domain like Epe, Ikorodu, Ikeja, Badagry etc that have their own origins and autonomous kings. His title is Eleko of Eko. Eko is Lagos, but Lagos is not Lagos State.

LarryHooper:
I was at berger the other day looking for a bus to iyana ipaja then I asked one woman where the bus was heading to then she said "Lagos". I was like wtf. Which part of Lagos na abi no be Lagos we dey again ni then she specified Lagos island. So na only people wey dey live for island dey Lagos. Funny enough she isn't the first person I'm hearing that kind of stuff from.

The woman was right. As explained above, up to late 60s, there was clear distinction between Lagos (all the islands and ikoyi) [called Eko federal] which was a federal territory and other towns like Epe, Badagry, Ikorodu, Ikeja which were all part of western region.
Only top federal civil servants and big guys lived in ‘Lagos’ while majority lived in other parts under the jurisdiction of western region government and commute to federal Lagos daily to work.

Even till today, in many parts of the Lagos state (like from Oshodi to link 3rd mainland), you see road signs directing you to ‘Lagos’. grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Celebrities / Re: Fatima Ali Nuhu Birthday: Daughter Of Ali Nuhu Celebrates Birthday by 2n2k(m): 11:40am On Feb 16, 2019
sparog:

Are men really prohibited from wearing gold, is it a cultural thing or it's religion?

Religion. Islam forbids men wearing gold. Gold ornaments are for women in Islam.
Politics / Re: Onnoghen: CCT Chair Snubs Query, Says I Report Only To Presidency by 2n2k(m): 8:11am On Feb 10, 2019
Tetehjewels:

I am talking about the CCT judge and not the CJN

Yes. For CCT Chairman and members, Schedule 5 Clause 17(3) of the constitution prescribes that the president can only remove any of them by support of two-third majority of each of the Houses of the National Assembly (not just the senate as I wrote earlier).
Politics / Re: Onnoghen: CCT Chair Snubs Query, Says I Report Only To Presidency by 2n2k(m): 8:01am On Feb 10, 2019
Tetehjewels:
He is rght the CCT tribunal was set up by the executive under an executive order and is not an ordinary court which was why the court of appeal threw out the suite of Onnoghen and asked him to go and face his charges.

Only the President can handle the CCT judge.

@ bolded. Constitution says the president supported by two-third majority of the senate.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Onnoghen: CCT Chair Snubs Query, Says I Report Only To Presidency by 2n2k(m): 7:57am On Feb 10, 2019
Sonoyom:
The Presidency is now the new constitution,

But let me ask WHO IS THE PRESIDENCY?

The man is quite right. The constitution talks about his terms of service in relation to civil service rules not judicial service.

The only protection that the constitution gives him against removal, is the same protection it gives Auditor-General who is also answerable to the president.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Onnoghen: CCT Chair Snubs Query, Says I Report Only To Presidency by 2n2k(m): 7:51am On Feb 10, 2019
dicefrost:
So many illegalities and irregularities in many places in this country. That 1999 military constitution needs serious review. So if the cct chairman is not a judge, can he then convict and pass sentence to a person before him?

CCT can find the offender guilty but cannot jail the offender. The punishment it is allowed to impose are: removal from office, ban from holding public office for 10 years and forfeiture of illegal assets.

Unlike other courts where a person cannot be tried twice for the same offence, the constitution prescribed that after the conviction by the CCT, the offender can be taken to regular courts for prosecution of criminal aspects of the case so that he can be jailed.

Anyone found guilty by the CCT cannot be pardoned by the president or governor unlike in other court cases.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: See Prove That 60 Niger Republic Govt Officials Atended APC Rally In Kano- Photo by 2n2k(m): 7:58pm On Feb 04, 2019
seanfer:
Is English the Official Language in Niger? Then how come this Memo is written in English... I just need clarification...

You have your reasoning faculty intact.
Next fake news, they will write it in fulfude
Politics / Re: Buhari Presents Ndoma As 'Governorship Candidate' Instead Of Owan Enoh by 2n2k(m): 9:58am On Jan 31, 2019
Well, the guy he raised his hand up was moving toward him as if he was the one to be presented when Buhari said he wanted to present the candidate.

But what is this, his penchant for ‘governortorial’ which he should have corrected by now given the brouhaha it generated the first time It shows he truly doesn’t read.

9 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by 2n2k(m): 7:30am On Jan 31, 2019
DissTroy:

If we had a Federal Government which works, someone up there should have reprimanded Okorocha of Imo State who wasted all of the state's funds on white elephant projects. Measures should be put in place to ensure states manage funds given to them just as state governments monitor funds to local governments.

In a federal system, federal government should not be able to punish a state on how the state spends its money. That is the duty of the state house of Assembly.

What you are proposing should only happen in unitary system in which case, there won’t be federal govt but Central Government like what Ironsi did with his unification decree in 1966.

The relationship between federal and states is not the same as that of the state and local government. Local government is not a component of the federation, the way states are. Creation, funding and management of local government shouldn’t have featured in a federal constitution, that should have been left for individual state to decide on.

This is why I believe that most of those parroting ‘restructuring’ don’t even know systems of government and what is involved.
Politics / Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by 2n2k(m): 9:57pm On Jan 30, 2019
Atiku response on how he will punish states that misuse education fund and make laws to allow FG to seize their funds counter his promise on restructuring.

We don’t need overbearing FG lording it over states
Politics / Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by 2n2k(m): 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2019
So Atiku does not know nigeria tax laws.
If your companies pays corporate taxes, that doesn’t prevent you from paying tax on profit shared to you which becomes personal income.
Even if you use company vehicle for private affairs, it becomes taxable benefits in kind.

If you spend billions, you are deemed a billionaire for tax purpose until you prove otherwise.
Politics / Re: Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. by 2n2k(m): 9:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
Why did Atiku deliberately avoid using the word “ranching”?
How do you carry animal feeds to nomadic people?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 33 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.