Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

2posh's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2posh's Profile / 2posh's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 6:24am On May 19, 2016
Hey Guys,

Been a while. I've been popping in once in a while but haven't had time to comment much.

Congrats to all those who have scaled one hurdle or the other. The sky is the limit.

For anyone who is either already in school or seeking admission into schools as a pathway to PR, I suggest you take a look at the link Chookudi and Godsclan posted.

Some occupations have been taken out of the SOL, so if you're studying any of the related courses or applying to study any of them, now is the time to go back to the drawing board and make new plans.

Here's the link again (the list is effective from July 1, 2016) - http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2016/05/17/australia-releases-new-skilled-occupation-list

From what I gather so far, the following occupations have been removed (please check the full list yourself and be sure you are not affected) -

Mining Engineers ANZSCO 233611
Petroleum Engineers ANZSCO 233612
Metallurgist ANZSCO 234912
Environmental Health Officer ANZSCO 251311
Occupational Health and Safety Adviser ANZSCO 251312
Dental Hygienist ANZSCO 411211
Dental Prosthetist ANZSCO 411212
Dental Technician ANZSCO 411213
Dental Therapist ANZSCO 411214

Good luck everyone and God's grace.

cc: chetaray, bhanjjie, mpop

1 Like

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 12:55am On Apr 20, 2016
mPop:

what school are you? how r u enjoyinh brisbane?

Hi mPop,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I'm attending QUT & Brisbane is great wink

How and where are you?
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 12:27am On Apr 20, 2016
chetaRay:
2posh and chi50 how have you guys been... long time no see.

Hey ChetaRay,

I'm doing great. How's your end?
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 12:24am On Apr 20, 2016
Congrats to all the visa recipients grin cheesy
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 12:23am On Apr 20, 2016
bellong:
Hello all,

For those requiring answers to PR related questions, I have opened a new thread for it. See the link below..

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident

I will copy lot of people here on the thread so you can join in answering questions. It doesn't mean I wouldn't answer general questions that I have answers to here but to separate PR from Study visa.

Good job Bellong cool
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 10:15am On Mar 17, 2016
...and congrats to all the new visa recipients grin
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 10:14am On Mar 17, 2016
Aww, congrats scrollmeout smiley

2 Likes

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 10:20am On Feb 16, 2016
Congrats Feb26soldier
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 12:16pm On Feb 15, 2016
FutureDon:
Congrats guys, good on you. Welcome to Brissy 2posh.

Thanks FutureDon smiley
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 7:52am On Feb 14, 2016
bhanjjie:
Thank God for journey mercies. How's the weather like over there?

Nice and sunny smiley

Pack shorts, slippers and sunglasses or hat/cap grin
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 1:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
Congrats Scholly

1 Like

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 1:53pm On Feb 13, 2016
Thanks enyinna4 and Hazeleye.

I arrived Brisbane this morning in one piece. Thank God.

Good luck to all visa hopefuls and safe trip/flight to all travel hopefuls.

5 Likes

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 6:42am On Feb 12, 2016
chetaRay:

will join you by monday at 2posh. safe flight

Thanks. Currently in Dubai... Boarding the connecting flight to Brisbane in a bit grin

2 Likes

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
mPop:
Pless who is going to Brisbane on the 18th via iom? travel buddy needed sadface

Queensland University Of Technology

1 Like

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 1:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
[quote author=Hazeleye post=42825605][/quote]

@Hazeleye

The 5 points are in the visa application form. Question 33.
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 3:49am On Feb 11, 2016
IN OTHER NEWS...

Guess who is travelling today grin grin grin

As you probably already know, I got my visa since October 2015 but I deliberately had to wait until now to travel, for several reasons.

So, anyone traveling with Emirates tonight (Lagos>Dubai>Brisbane) ...holler! cool cool cool

2 Likes

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 3:44am On Feb 11, 2016
Hazeleye:
Congratulations mPop
My situation is same as yours as regards the change of course. Kindly furnish me with tips, plus I intend to go with a dependant. 2posh your help is needed as well. Thank you!

Hi Hazeleye,

My advice: read the thread. Yes, the whole thread. Better to take your time and get it right the first time...

However, here are the same tips I gave mPop for her SOP.

2posh:

Hi mPop,

the guidelines you seek are actually those 5 points the SOP requires you to answer.

Your SOP has to address each and everyone of them enough to satisfy your Case Officer.

That's what makes the skeleton of your essay.

As for the 3 different fields matter; it depends on the peculiarity of your situation.

Get thinking and find a way to link the 3 fields.

What course did you study and what influenced the decision to study it? Was it a good decision at the time? What changed?

What field is your job experience in and how have you used it to make an impact, no matter how small?

What influenced you to pursue a career in a field different from what you studied? What have you learnt from the experience? How have you used it? Was it a good decision to also go into this field at the time? What changed?

What other experiences do you have? What other extra-curricular activities are you involved in or have been involved in, in the past?

How has life in Nigeria and the experiences you have from work and other activities prepared you for the new course you're going for?

What influenced your choice of the new field you're now intending to go into? Is it a lack of self-actualization/fulfillment that makes you want to change fields again? What makes you believe you'll achieve what you seek in this new field? Is it a passion you've picked up? Is it something you always had in you but never really explored?

How will the new course be beneficial to you in future - career-wise and in developing Nigeria? Are there statistics to support the necessity/demand for people in this field in Nigeria?

et cetera, et cetera.

These are the kind of questions I asked myself when writing mine. Answer them truthfully(or as very close to the truth as you possibly can). We all know this is mostly a means to an end(PR) but some elements of truth have to be included to make it authentic, before you embellish it if you must.

The bits and pieces of answers you give yourself will start to come together to fill out the body of the essay.

Include some personal details. You can talk about things that concern your family or friends or the immediate society. The personal touch always sells #MyOpinion. Eg - if you're going for nursing, maybe you lost a family member because the nurses didn't do their job or were not well trained and you want to be part of the change to correct that, by getting a good nursing education. Maybe you were involved in or witnessed a ghastly accident and now want to be helping people needing medical care. Maybe you're the first child and grew up taking care of your younger ones and now feel the need to keep taking care of other people in the society. Stuff like that...

Put on your thinking cap and good luck.

When done, you can ask the house gurus to help you review.

#HopeThisHelps

cc Babahafusaa

Find a way to LINK your involvement in the different fields you have. Emphasis on 'LINK'

It's not about proving that they are related(especially if they ain't). It's about explaining how you arrived where you are now (your current stage in life) and where you are going(the future and your plans for it)

Good luck smiley

5 Likes

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 3:34am On Feb 11, 2016
Congrats Godsclan and Kennethagada cheesy

1 Like

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 3:34am On Feb 11, 2016
mPop:
good afternoon people! my visa just got granted this afternoon 9th of febuary. i applied on the 11th december it got to pretoria 15th december and granted today.

i studied a course entirely different from my work experience and entirely different from my intended course of study.. i told God i will testify on this thread.

2posh thank You soooo much for those tips in writing my sop cos of not for that i would have jumbled up some rubbish or got stuck i calld my sister nd we were on the fone for almost 2hrs taking each point 2posh wrote down for me some examples i lied about *lol* God forgive me bt others were actually true. This is for those that think they cannot change their line of study becos of denial, I thank God all the same!!!

going to Brisbane....@eyinnna pls wen dd u say u will be traveling i need a travel partner i mailed iom lastweek before my visa ws out and dey asked for d week i will like to leave..

Congrats mPop cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'm glad my help was useful wink

2 Likes

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 1:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
Congrats MaxiDj cheesy

1 Like

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 8:20am On Feb 06, 2016
Congrats STaviez, enyinna4 & veryconcluded cheesy

2 Likes

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 5:28am On Feb 04, 2016
Congrats bhanjjie

Happy for ya cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
Congrats mrAya
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 6:01pm On Jan 29, 2016
Congrats Graham355, Alcreas, NurseAfrica & Johnsontade

It's raining visa grants. Yay! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 9:53am On Jan 25, 2016
Triggeredsam:
572.....a rejection certificate, those days are gone when 572 is palatable... my boss messed everything up for me,.... I will start afresh mourning is over, waiting for my refund, and hoping ssvp will favour us that was rejected. And to all that was granted ....kudos to u all.

Sorry about that.

Hang in there
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 9:05am On Jan 23, 2016
Congrats ChetaRay

Happy for you smiley

I hope I can now rest. LOL
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 1:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
Congrats Pristine88 & Krest3d

1 Like

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 8:12am On Jan 12, 2016
Congrats Aussie4me
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 7:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
Congrats Scrollmeout
Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 1:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
Mikey:
House please while booking with iom Australia, was the payment advice in dollars and the account in Australia? Mine came like that and i just replied them telling them that I'll prefer making a deposit of the naira equivalent to a Nigerian account due to new financial restrictions on international money transfer services in Nigeria. Please those that paid to a Nigerian account, did you experience same challenge?

I made the same request and they gave me their Nigerian account and I paid in Naira.

That was in October 2015 though.

Don't know if that has changed.

2 Likes

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
Congrats Dara01 and Matyk

1 Like

Travel / Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 7:58pm On Jan 05, 2016
@Ericktack203

You're not getting my point so I'll leave you be.

#DoAsYouWish

#GoodLuck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.