Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,991 members, 7,814,384 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. (79814 Views)

A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) / A Trip To Ogbunike Cave, Anambra State / A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by midehi2(f): 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2016
Alexgeorgebsg:
That is where i want to be because i hate reptiles especially lizards.
go there and be frozen grin

3 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by guttentag(m): 9:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
i just back from Antarctica last week, No big Deal

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by midehi2(f): 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
Atlantian:
People are busy fighting over land here, make dem go take 1 hectare there for free.
kikiikiiki grin grin
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by dayojags10(m): 9:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
My curiosity won't kee me... I even think say op don go dere ni, if yu see the way I jump enter dis thread, cool tho. But I fit waka unclad for Antarctica

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by toprealman: 9:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
Funjosh:

When is Nigeria laying her own claim also
Oga we can send u....lol
A young Nigerian based in the UK went there last two years....he put up our flag there.
P/S: The Nigerian actually went to North Pole not Antarctica. Tx to my sweetheart Dominique for pointing out the mix up.

2 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 22, 2016
Beautiful Antarctical.

The giant wasteland.

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by MartinsIfeco(m): 9:18pm On Mar 22, 2016
Explorers:
Nobody owns Antarctica.

Although a few nations, including Australia, Argentina, and the United Kingdom, have tried to lay claim to it over the years, it remains free of government and ownership. In 1959, the Antarctic Treaty was drafted, designating the land as "a natural reserve, devoted to peace and science." 48 nations have signed the treaty.
Fear God ooo
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by back2sender: 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
Alexgeorgebsg:
That is where i want to be because i hate reptiles especially lizards.
And Snakes!!! Lala no go like this place at all because one single Snakes no go dey for am to put for Nairaland front page

7 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by midehi2(f): 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
Brigadier7:
Other countries are gonna remove our flag wen we mount it there
grin choi! grin true talk sha
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Kingsley10000: 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
superb .....this is the kind of topics that suppose to be flooding front page not boobs,sexy actress with big yansh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
I feel cold just reading this....

8 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by dominique(f): 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
toprealman:
Oga we can send u....lol
A young Nigerian based in the UK went there last two years....he put up our flag there.

He went to North Pole not Antarctica

[img]http://3.bp..com/-R67Vupn3p5Q/VS0QRVcn7wI/AAAAAAAAFCQ/kIaKJ_nW3yQ/s280/aw.jpg[/img]

13 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Project400: 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by MartinsIfeco(m): 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
Explorers:
*. Russian icebreaker Krasin leading an American supply ship into McMurdo Station, Antarctica. Date unknown.

An ice breaker is a special-purpose ship or boat designed to move and navigate through ice-covered waters, and provide safe waterways for other boats and ships. Although the term usually refers to ice-breaking ships, it may also refer to smaller vessels, such as the icebreaking boats that were once used on the canals of the United Kingdom. For a ship to be considered an icebreaker, it requires three traits most normal ships lack: a strengthened hull, an ice-clearing shape, and the power to push through sea ice. Icebreakers clear paths by pushing straight into ice pockets. The bending strength of sea ice is so low that usually the ice breaks without noticeable change in the vessel'strim. In cases of very thick ice, an icebreaker can drive its bow onto the ice to break it under the weight of the ship. Because a buildup of broken ice in front of a ship can slow it down much more than the breaking of the ice itself, icebreakers have a specially designed hull to direct the broken ice around or under the vessel. The external components of the ship's propulsion system (propellers, propeller shafts, etc.) are at even greater risk of damage than the vessel's hull, so the ability of an icebreaker to propel itself onto the ice, break it, and clear the debris from its path successfully is essential for its safety.

* Ice breaker.

*. Trapped ship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icebreaker?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C8244969477
I remember when we dey do geography 4 skul we dey do all dos tinz.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by MartinsIfeco(m): 9:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
Explorers:
The average thickness of ice in Antarctica is about 1 mile (1.6 km).
Divers dey dea?
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by kingdenny(m): 9:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
Brigadier7:
Apc and Pdp, Election Violence, fall of Naira, unemployment, basic amenities etc Bros we get more serious issue!! Other countries are gonna remove our flag wen we mount it there
U no add no light and fuel scarcity angry

3 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by gungab(m): 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
kudos to you explorer
the only thread I normally read back to back
but answer the teeth stuff, you mean for someone to survive there, wisdom teeth must be removed?
and which one be wisdom teeth

4 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
appyola:

The white themselves acknowledge His work is unsearchable. Can u tel me the mystery behind death?But since you think u can search it,clap for yourself idiot.
and what is so mysterious about death apart from it being a law of nature?

Slave religion has eaten Africans brains.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Hillarie(m): 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
Kakakakakakakakakakakakak! Endtime Claim!! :v
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by 4nobody4every1: 9:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
Interesting article cool
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Klems04(m): 9:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
Kudos for the informative and educative post!
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 22, 2016
LastMumu:
What bloody Kingdom is unsearchable? The Whites are discovering new and amazing things about our planet daily why we Africans still hold to this silly notion that the "work of God" is unsearchable or uncomprehendable. Bullshit! angry
Bros its so sad. We Africans are SuperFuckked. Its really hopeless. Fcuucked up by Jesus and Mohammed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by gallantmoi: 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
this is mind blowing revelations.

thanks bro for sharing
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Alexgeorgebsg(m): 9:34pm On Mar 22, 2016
midehi2:
go there and be frozen grin
Me wey dey use cold water baff for jos.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erico2k2(m): 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
Bros its so sad. We Africans are SuperFuckked. Its really hopeless. Fcuucked up by Jesus and Mohammed.
ahah thats a new one for me ##SuperFuckked## grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Shymm3x: 9:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
Explorers:
Nobody owns Antarctica.

Although a few nations, including Australia, Argentina, and the United Kingdom, have tried to lay claim to it over the years, it remains free of government and ownership. In 1959, the Antarctic Treaty was drafted, designating the land as "a natural reserve, devoted to peace and science." 48 nations have signed the treaty.

I'm shocked no one has officially claimed it yet. I guess it's cos they haven't discovered any resources there cos when they do, they will start fighting over who got there first and other crap like they are doing today with the North Pole.

But the UK is always trying to claim everything - from Chagos Archipelago, to Falklands. They need to fall back and let the yank bullies enjoy that ludicrous title.

2 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by lantessy(m): 9:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
dominique:

He went to North Pole not Antarctica

[img]http://3.bp..com/-R67Vupn3p5Q/VS0QRVcn7wI/AAAAAAAAFCQ/kIaKJ_nW3yQ/s280/aw.jpg[/img]

Nigerian flag is at North Pole and South Pole... She has been to the south pole before the north pole.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32326063

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Boldeyez7: 9:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
You put so much effort on this thread to see that it trend. Bros, God go bless your hustle. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by wadetaw202: 9:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
LastMumu:
What bloody Kingdom is unsearchable? The Whites are discovering new and amazing things about our planet daily why we Africans still hold to this silly notion that the "work of God" is unsearchable or uncomprehendable. Bullshit! angry

You are the one spewing complete bvllshit.

You think you know, but you are a complete ignoramus.....and the Bible refers to peeps like you as fuuls.

The term "unsearchable" means you can't reach the end of it.

No matter how much man discovers, he can't ever stop discovering, because the works and deeds of God are beyond what humans can exhaust.

And for your information, it is God who makes it possible for men to discover....we will remain in complete ignorance if He doesn't want us to know about these things.

So, wake up from your fuulish slumber and be wise.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
gungab:
kudos to you explorer
the only thread I normally read back to back
but answer the teeth stuff, you mean for someone to survive there, wisdom teeth must be removed?
and which one be wisdom teeth

1. Our premolars and 1st molar do the majority of chewing
2. There is a concept called The shortened dental arch by which a few dentists believe that even the 2nd molars are not necessary for the chewing process to take place
3. The 3rd molars are vestigial.
4. They are also the most problematic teeth in the oral cavity.
5. Most often there is insufficient space for its eruption leading to impaction which can lead to pericoronitis,abscess and other such complications
6. Access to dentists is difficult in Antarctica.
7. The pain that pericorinitis causes is so severe that the person might start considering coming back to their homeland in search of a good dentist. wink
8. Hence it is wiser to remove that tooth that serves no purpose, but can cause a lot of complication. This is probably why they remove the wisdom tooth before allowing a person to work in Antarctica.
9. The same goes for appendix I guess. It is vestigial too and appendicitis is not uncommon. Vestigial parts can cause unnecessary havoc and gives no benefit.Thus it is wiser to remove them in conditions like this. I am not sure if this is the reason. But I guess this could be a reason

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
more of this please @ OP

it's educative

2 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
Explorers:
There is a sporting event held on Antarctic every year called the Antarctic Ice Marathon. It is a 62 mile (100km) run acrossa stretch of ice near the South Pole. This even hosts a few dozen cold weather loving runners from countries across the globe.
dem no born Kenyans well.... To go there go claim stunt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell / Man Narrates The Kind Of Wonder Creatures Living In The Ocean / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.