Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. (79788 Views)

A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) / A Trip To Ogbunike Cave, Anambra State / A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
Explorers:
There is a sporting event held on Antarctic every year called the Antarctic Ice Marathon. It is a 62 mile (100km) run acrossa stretch of ice near the South Pole. This even hosts a few dozen cold weather loving runners from countries across the globe.
dem no born Kenyans well.... To go there go claim champion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by midehi2(f): 9:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
Alexgeorgebsg:
Me wey dey use cold water baff for jos.
jos ke! i hope you av bn reading the thread well

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by fashrola(m): 9:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
SkinnyDude:
please excuse my ignorance. how can a southern most continent has snow, while africa does not have

It snows in Algeria, Parts of Morocco, SA and Egypt
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by hamzeiy: 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2016
wetin come be the difference btw northpole and antartica.. i need to b educated..i tut they were thesame

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by appyola(f): 9:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
MetaHuman:
and what is so mysterious about death apart from it being a law of nature?

Slave religion has eaten Africans brains.

Let the white do there research and put a stop to it,since they are your almighty, d slavery is really deep rooted in your brain

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
Hot pepper larvished isi-ewu, nsala & pepper soup garnished with chilled malt go make sense for this place o.. Where the joint na My ibo brothers, maka why na?? Dis is bizineses

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by swtdrms(m): 9:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
toprealman:
Oga we can send u....lol
A young Nigerian based in the UK went there last two years....he put up our flag there.

U ds guys wee not kee m, naso una like ur country reach? After una go dey complain like sey u hate Nigeria. No worry, Buhari will send there as Nigera's Ambassador. Its called serving your father land
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 22, 2016
Another Maga SuperFcucked by Jesus/Mohammed.
wadetaw202:

You are the one spewing complete bvllshit.

You think you know, but you are a complete ignoramus.....and the Bible refers to peeps like you as fuuls.

The term "unsearchable" means you can't reach the end of it.

No matter how much man discovers, he can't ever stops discovering, because the works and deeds of God are beyond what humans can exhaust.

And for your information, it is God who makes it possible for men to discover....we will remain in complete ignorance if He doesn't want us to know about these things.

So, wake up from your fuulish slumber and be wise.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by trappatoni(m): 9:58pm On Mar 22, 2016
back2sender:

And Snakes!!! Lala no go like this place at all because one single Snakes no go dey for am to put for Nairaland front page
walahi lala's love for snakes is like what a fat kid has for chocolates. grin

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Heineken(m): 9:58pm On Mar 22, 2016
Thanks Op... God bless you. Lalasticlala we need things like not psquare news.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by swtdrms(m): 9:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
rubsaphy:
I feel cold just reading this....
For wetin? U beta no carry fire go thereooo. I don talk my own finish

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by swtdrms(m): 10:01pm On Mar 22, 2016
Alexgeorgebsg:
Me wey dey use cold water baff for jos.
Wen u freeze like titus finish, na dia u go knw ds 1 no be joa
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 22, 2016
appyola:

Let the white do there research and put a stop to it,since they are your almighty, d slavery is really deep rooted in your brain
they should put an end to death? Seriously? Just how dumb are you? Do you even know the meaning of law of nature?
Its like asking them to put an end to metabolism or reproduction.. Aren't those things part or living things nature like death?

The person that sees everything from a jewish or Arab god point of view is calling me a slave. The same religion that whitement used to steal her land and force his ancestors into slavery.... Hahahahahahahahahaha! now that is funny.

6 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by onelife97: 10:03pm On Mar 22, 2016
Explorers:
You cannot work in Antarctica unless you have had your wisdom teeth and appendix removed.

The requirement dates from the 1950s, when an Australian Antarctic doctor developed appendicitis on an expedition on the antarctic and required a very challenging evacuation back to Australia(nearest civilization), he became stranded and he was forced to remove his own appendix as he was the only doctor on the team. Most times they have only one or no doctor in Antarctica stations, giving no room for surgeries/extractions.

Thought he was a Russian doctor.#explorers

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by theEYe21(f): 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
Explorers:
Its a desert ke? Desert, especially Sahara desert is the hottest place in the world, the opposite of Antarctica. It's dry, hot, sandy and no water. desert: Antarctica is the largest desert in the world.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by ajebuter(f): 10:05pm On Mar 22, 2016
Wow!this is the most informative and educative thread I have read on NL in a long time! Kudos to the op.

But why Keep showing the pictures of Artactica where Baba daura can see it?

You know what can happen na!

#ajalatinz#

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by crazyclown07(m): 10:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
Sorry to ask OP,how many countries are in Antarctica
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by anonimi: 10:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
Funjosh:
When is Nigeria laying her own claim also

After we finish laying claim to the North East of our own country.
Reasonable

4 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by appyola(f): 10:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
MetaHuman:
they should put an end to death? Seriously? Just how dumb are you? Do you even know the meaning of law of nature?
Its like asking them to put an end to metabolism or reproduction.. Aren't those things part or living things nature like death?

The person that sees everything from a jewish or Arab god point of view is calling me a slave. The same religion that whitement used to steal her land and force his ancestors into slavery.... Hahahahahahahahahaha! now that is funny.

I don't have time for you fool since you are so dumb to understand what I wrote there,stop quoting me you have no point.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Vecto(m): 10:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
Explorers:
The biggest dangers to humans in Antarctica, aside from the cold temperatures, is not what you would think. Fire is extremely dangerous in Antarctica due to the very dry conditions. It is almost impossible to stop a fire.

you cannot be remotely serious

How is it impossible to stop fire in a very cold low temperate region?
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Truth234(m): 10:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
onelife97:

Thought he was a Russian doctor.#explorers

It was actually a Russian doctor at their Novolazarevskaya station.

3 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Djbaka(m): 10:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
MetaHuman:
and what is so mysterious about death apart from it being a law of nature?

Slave religion has eaten Africans brains.
What is nature? How did it come to existence?
Who engineered how it works?

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 22, 2016
Djbaka:

What is nature? How did it come to existence?
Who engineered how it works?
why not ask Google .. Cos I know you have been programmed just like your fellow ilks to believe that god did it.. Enlightening will be fruitless.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by daveP(m): 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
Explorers:
90% of the world’s fresh water is in Antarctica.
the real pure water not the one we see in Lagos traffic.

nice one, great job!!
smiley
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Explorers(m): 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
crazyclown07:
Sorry to ask OP,how many countries are in Antarctica

No country, no permanent inhabitants, except of scientists maintaining research stations.

4 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 10:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
Another Maga SuperFcucked by Jesus/Mohammed.
what is "Jesus/Mohammed"
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by daveP(m): 10:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
Funjosh:

when our govt start seeing science and discovery as pride and not waste of budget allocation space....

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 22, 2016
appyola:

I don't have time for you fool since you are so dumb to understand what I wrote there,stop quoting me you have no point.
lmao.. To dumb to understand death abi? Only god understands death.. Only him can make you live forever right? cheesy

And to think this dumdum is calling a fool grin grin only on nairaland.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by innochyke: 10:25pm On Mar 22, 2016
When the zoo falls....
Funjosh:

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by klarrychenko94: 10:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
Faletiyusuph:
more of this please @ OP

it's educative
you want moreee? just click on his profile you will see lots of interesting threads like this one.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Gwekzy: 10:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
if u still don't fear God.. den na wao
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Djbaka(m): 10:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
MetaHuman:
why not ask Google .. Cos I know you have been programmed just like your fellow ilks to believe that god did it.. Enlightening will be fruitless.

I thought you had facts to counter an already laid down fact. If you don't, why then do you argue?
It is not that hard now, and I'm not fighting you so tone down your aggression.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Narrates The Kind Of Wonder Creatures Living In The Ocean / Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell / Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.