Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship (40268 Views)

Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? / 21 Modern Dating Etiquettes For Guys / Dating Etiquettes For 21st Century Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by justmenoni: 6:55pm On Mar 22, 2016
6. Don't think or look into your partner's past relationship (even if you're dating an ashewo).. This is especially for the men cos they don't want other's to do to them what they do to other's....

1 Like

Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by RobinHez(m): 6:58pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pinkieblue:

Hmmmmmm mm......... So guys suffer heartbreak......

For those who have a heart.. lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by 400billionman: 7:09pm On Mar 22, 2016
firstking01:
Disclaimer, this is from my own point of view and personal experienceundecided...

In recent times i 've come to find out that so many relationships of nowadays can't stand the simple test of time...also, having it in mind that there's no relationship that is perfect, but how ever, there are some dating etiquettes that can help you to date happily without feeling cheated upon or being used or even seeing yourself as being a looser in the end...cos i 've seen people come here to cry of how their partner is not giving them the love they deserve and all what not...so, i present to you..

5 dating etiquettes to keep youself happy in a relationship...

1.She/he can break your heart at anytime, so, don't be too clingy all the time,,,,date with an open mind.

2.Don't force/pressure him/her to return your love,,,,let him/her do it on his/her own free will.

3.Try as much as possible not to involve a third party into your affair, if there must be a third party, let it be your confidant or your spiritual head.

4.Love your spouse or girlfriend/boyfriend with all your heart knowing if he/she breaks your heart you have nothing to lose rather you 've fulfilled a part of the scripture in 1john 4 vs 7 &8.

5.Before you venture into any relationship, ensure you love yourself more than the person you wanna date.

So, ladies and gents, there you have it...you can add yours if you have any positive strategy you 've adopted that has kept you strong and happy in your relationship...

You are not far from the truth.

So says moses..

I won't say much but if one is laid back, honest and has a beautiful personality, he/she is bound to be a success at dating.

I hail ur number 1...
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by Pinkieblue(f): 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2016
firstking01:
lol, well i dnt just know what to say here, all i know is ladies handle heartbreaks more than most guys...majority of the guys go on revenge mission each time their gfs break their heart...even on nairaland, you'd see them creating threads like, "she cheated, i want to collect the ip phone 6 i bought for her"undecided

I was reading an article online today about how men and women handle emotional pressure...... The study showed that women experience more emotional breakdown but they have the ability to overcome it.......

Guys are wicked o........ The most annoying thing is that they will promise u marriage...... Force u to introduce them to all your family members...... The next thing they will stop calling u they'll stop picking ur calls or replying your text messages......

Girls dey try o
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by amokeme(f): 7:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
Everything is so correct especially no 1...
Guess I had to learn the hard way smiley
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by Pinkieblue(f): 7:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
RobinHez:

For those who have a heart.. lipsrsealed
You just broke my heart with the harsh truth.....
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by 400billionman: 7:18pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pinkieblue:
6.we should always learn to say I am sorry, whether u are wrong or not

7. We should avoid reading messages on each other's fone..... We should just date with an open mind

8. Not every relationship leads to marriage...... But each relationship we get into helps us to prepare for marriage with the right person..... Because when we experience breakup, we should reflect on what caused the breakup and adjust where necessary

Number 8 is excellent..
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by holluphemydavid(m): 7:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
I will stick to dis, I tink it will help cryI will stick to dis, I tink it will help
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
waw op just spoke my mind, experience taught me lesson

reminds me of my past as well as first relationship, i was naive about rships and i gave him my all: heart, body and soul. he knew from beginning he was gonna drop me someday, he never saw future with me, all i gave him was pure love but he crushed my heart at the end

i am now happy in a relationship i see as open where i can walk out any time, walked upon anytime, expect the unexpected and life goes on if it doesnt lead to marriage
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by Naff24(f): 7:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
elrony:

Cool angry

9. Don't be a stingy partner!!!!! cheesy
10. Don't give what you cannot forget,be free and open minded!

And most importantly, never love out of pity!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by 400billionman: 7:30pm On Mar 22, 2016
charlesucheh:
I've oooooO, and it is ; Guys, always have a spare tire when dating anyone, so as to have something to fall back on when she finally decides to smash the one that has been giving the both of you that smooth ride you wouldn't have wanted to stop. LOLz....

No comment.
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by Vinshu(f): 7:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
firstking01:
exactly why i qouted you

And I said love thy neighbor as thy self.

Your quote does not say anything other than repeat your post.
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by SAEJO: 7:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pinkieblue:

7. We should avoid reading messages on each other's fone..... We should just date with an open mind

8. Not every relationship leads to marriage...... But each relationship we get into helps us to prepare for marriage with the right person..... Because when we experience breakup, we should reflect on what caused the breakup and adjust where necessary
I hope I would not get married in nairaland oooo
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by jacy67(f): 7:43pm On Mar 22, 2016
Don't choke your partner of space. Remember he/she has friends, goals, dreams etc before you met. So don't think you must be the center of your partner's every activity.
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by Khez: 7:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
If only they can stop talking about SEX in just Two weeks after meeting them

It scares the hell outta me.....

And when you start, they say your a FUCKboy only after SEX!!!!!

Smh grin
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by Verbalist(m): 7:58pm On Mar 22, 2016
- Love with your head and not your heart

- Keep you options open, provided you've not proposed or tie the knot

- Keep little or no expectations.

- Promise very little. Give as much as you can

- Note that you and your interest comes first

Do the above and you'd be fine
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by elrony(m): 8:05pm On Mar 22, 2016
Naff24:

And most importantly, never love out of pity!

Hello, care for a bottle of Martini? wink
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by RobinHez(m): 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pinkieblue:

You just broke my heart with the harsh truth.....
Sorry.. grin
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by Elinob(m): 8:11pm On Mar 22, 2016
elrony:

Cool angry

9. Don't be a stingy partner!!!!! cheesy
10. Don't give what you cannot forget,be free and open minded!
11. He or she should avoid picking a friend call it always cause problem to easy other.
12. He or she should not be jealous went seeing her boyfriend or his girlfriend hanging around with others.
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by Pinkieblue(f): 8:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
SAEJO:
I hope I would not get married in nairaland oooo

Lol...... Why did u say that
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by firstking01(m): 8:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pinkieblue:

I was reading an article online today about how men and women handle emotional pressure...... The study showed that women experience more emotional breakdown but they have the ability to overcome it.......

Guys are wicked o........ The most annoying thing is that they will promise u marriage...... Force u to introduce them to all your family members...... The next thing they will stop calling u they'll stop picking ur calls or replying your text messages......

Girls dey try o
not all guys tho
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by Pinkieblue(f): 8:18pm On Mar 22, 2016
400billionman:

Number 8 is excellent..
My ex told me that......

Strange way to learn something
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by Pinkieblue(f): 8:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
firstking01:
not all guys tho
Happy birthday in advance
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by firstking01(m): 8:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
400billionman:

You are not far from the truth.

So says moses..

I won't say much but if one is laid back, honest and has a beautiful personality, he/she is bound to be a success at dating.

I hail ur number 1...
thanks ma niggargrin
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by firstking01(m): 8:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pinkieblue:

Happy birthday in advance
thanks ma jeweLgrin
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by sonature1: 8:34pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dating looks like a scam to me. Marriage is the real thing

1 Like

Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by firstking01(m): 8:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
justmenoni:
6. Don't think or look into your partner's past relationship (even if you're dating an ashewo).. This is especially for the men cos they don't want other's to do to them what they do to other's....
very true, hw you take know sefgrin
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by Rotab4life: 8:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pinkieblue:

well said smiley
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:53pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pinkieblue:

learnt something today on here, thanks dear
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by 9inches(m): 9:03pm On Mar 22, 2016
Number 5 dikwa vely vely impotant
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by butanep(m): 9:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pinkieblue:

I love your comments. It shows how matured you are in terms of relationship matters.

Kudos!
Re: 5 Dating Etiquettes That Will Keep You Happy In A Relationship by lomprico(m): 9:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
@ no 4. Love with all your heart?? Don't try it or u will contemplate murder or suicide! I have still not gotten over an ex and might never will because I poured all the contents of my heart to her and at d end she left me for a very trivial issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User / What Will You Do If After Washing, Cleaning & Cooking For Your BF, He Says This? / Things Ladies Do When They Are Cheating In Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.