Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,598 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat (42294 Views)

My Ex Wants Me Back Because She Heard That I'm Now Employed / My Wife Complains That My Maid Only Ties Wrapper / I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by hope4charles(m): 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
okuneddie:

bros no Mata the time she dey spend for gym the fat will surely come out when she born.....I don't know maybe she might be able to work out everyday and that's if she has the stuffs at home but don't forget she will be married by then and won't have time for gym......and u bro I pity ur condition, if u are not yet married do u know there are lots of women that are slimmer than agbani darego before marriage but once they give birth, the will be like person wey x200 of their former stature......I have seen alot so when it happens will u divorce ur wife?
guy never pity me now, i wount divorce her, but my guy how women did u saw that lost weight? Them beyounce, tiwa, tonto and a host of others, i will presuade her and if possible force,coerce, manipulate her to change. Lol.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by MRBrownJ: 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
martinefu:
Whinch advice she go take now. What if her dad was a billionaire?

how is her dad being a billionaire changing anything on this subject?!
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by layla129(f): 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
Bluezy13:
He doesn't love you.
He gives you an immature condition for marriage.
He compares you to others, an indication of possibly cheating in future.
He has found an excuse to intimidate you with peradventure you caught him doing something wrong.
He is shy to walk with you and show you off to his friends.
You take the relationship more seriously than he does and he takes advantage of that...and you are scared maybe because of your age.

Question Will you bear all these and worse should you get married

Summary You will have one heck of a marriage where the only the husband makes the rules while the wife plays by it.
Lmao...na project?
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
TruthHurts1:
This is what a 70kg woman's body looks like:

If your fiance really loves you, he'll want you to lose weight for the right reasons (health and well-being).

He has just given you a reality check. I suggest you wake up.
Yes, if she's 5'7. But if she's like 5'1, she'll look rounder and more frumpier than that.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by mikedimeji(m): 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
sas91:

i'm just about your height
Sas91 I have £1 to borrow u, u can revert to me here mikedimeji@yahoo.com it will really help u
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by swaggprofessor(m): 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
Chommieblaq:

Hahaha hahaha hahaha Tanx, in d kitchen washing pot
babe u just 2 make sense. can we chat on facebook or whatsapp?
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by DaisyII: 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hehe...this is not sounding funny anymore lemme begin to watch my weight too.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
ettaetta:
Didn't he see that you are fat before coming to toast you? You can visit the gym to reduce your weight but if you are naturally a fat person, you l'l stll add weight and grow fatter after giving birth.
What if she piled on the pounds as the relationship grew? This is obviously the most likely scenario from what the OP has stated because it is obvious the man doesn't like fat women. So,i would assume he met her at a lighter weigh and as she got more comfortable she packed on the pounds.

And what do you mean "Naturally Fat", nobody on earth is Naturally Fat.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by layla129(f): 6:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
hope4charles:

Do it for ur self and for him too, we do things for the one we love, seriously I broke up with a lady based on this weight issues, when I knew her she was trendy and sexy, fast forward now she was so obessed that she lost shape, when I finally say her we just hanged out for once I lost interest, why because I can't find my self enduring it, I will have self esteem problem, the lady in question I adviced her to work towards that but she didn't see it fit, so dearie please do it health wise it's great, self esteem it is wow, remember we are moved by what we see packaging
Does that mean he should insult her and compare her with her friend? (Maybe he is admiring that one secretly sef who knows). He should have done it in a subtle way. E pass fat?
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by swaggprofessor(m): 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2016
Chommieblaq:

Hahaha hahaha hahaha Tanx, in d kitchen washing pot
my whatsapp number is 09030847480 my FB is etito michael oritsebawo whichever u r comfortable with. I am rili expecting to chat with u in private.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by kaziblake(f): 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
swaggprofessor:
She telll u say na her boyfriend That's y it's not reasonable for married women to complain on social media cos it attracts aristos to comment things they have no understanding on. I rest my case.
You dey vex o grin
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by repogirl(f): 6:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
Being overweight can actually be seen as a character flaw. It shows that one is weak, and can't control their actions so much so that they can't control what they put in their mouth. It also shows a lackadaisical attitude in the person carrying the weight; basically someone that can't be trusted with responsibility.

Five years is a long time, yes, but in that time what has she done to make sure she's a healthy weight or appealing in the eyes if her man or is this the first time he has ever expressed his displeasure at her increasing body mass?

being overweight doesn't necessarily mean one eats too much. Some times a slow body metabolism is to blame.

If you talk about lackadaisical, then I am one. I am the type that wolfs down anything in any amount and even after three kids,I'm barely 55kg at 5ft8. I just don't gain weight. Whereas there are people who can starve themselves and shed barely nothing.

I know many curvy ladies who are very disciplined in everything they do, from diet to extra hygeine because of their weight. Some live on fruits but can only manage to shed little. It's just the way they are. They envy my own physique which I don't do a single thing to maintain.

Its the OPs choice if she wants to do this, it should be for her and not for him. She should do this because she wants to and understands she needs to do this for herself and not because she is under pressure from someone who doesn't appreciate her the way she is.

If she does this just to keep her relationship, it might end up being too much and she might end up even resenting him.

This is the way she was created, she was created curvy, she can manage it and be healthy which will be good for her but she will have to work really hard and even then, she won't be a size 8 or 10. Hope he will appreciate all the work she puts herself through instead of continuously nagging her on how she is barely shedding any weight.

She should know her real reasons for shedding the weight but it should be for her and not for someone else because no matter how hard you try,you can never satisfy human beings anyway.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by corisande: 6:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
Except you can show us a picture of a fat skeleton, then there's is nothing like "big boned". You are not "big boned".

don't quote me again.
I'm not here to convince or prove anything to you!
i quoted that guy cos of the picture

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by lielbree: 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
Vinshu:
Go to the gym. Some guys don't like fat ladies.

Control your diet.

Avoid junk foods.

Do a lot of exercise. And if you give birth to a child still remain slim. It's not hard.

Who tell u? Did u have kids? It's hard o but worth doing for yourself not any man whether boyfriend or husband.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by joyez(f): 6:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
my sister are u a learner?? u should try to reduce yr weight if its too much or u feel u r getting out of shape n not because of some freaking fiancee.... e is even giving u condition. dump him bfor e does.....some guys love slim girls, some love fat girls. u r fat n there's no way u can b lepacious...u can only reduce small. that's y I love my bf e loves me for who I am...I no tall n I no fat....e no concern anybody. I tell my self if person no like me d way I b mk e go die......simple
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by fireforfire: 6:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
U r fiance is a baby
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by annyberry: 7:01pm On Mar 23, 2016
if ur guy dnt lyk u d way u are,better walk away before he disappoint u.... his excuse is useless
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Ubyy: 7:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
He does not love you. Since, you have noticed this, it is better you opt out of the relationship.
What happens when you give birth and add some weight.
He will hate you.
Honey, if you are not married and he is already complaining this much, think about what will happen you eventually wed.
Marriage is a lifetime covenant, remember?
Love yourself! kiss
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by ChopBellefull(m): 7:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
u beta run as fast as dem go think say u no get brake...
Dat guy has lost taste in u.. Hez afta d physical appearance... OLX(Sell it!)
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
Oliviaarims:
Hmm...she weighs 70. I weigh 75 and I'm not anywhere close to being fat...never been fat. undecided

To ur issue... It's very probable ur fiance is looking for an excuse to do away with u. If u've always been fat from the time he met u,I see no reason why he should be addressing it in this manner now. And yea,u're right. Maybe he's fallen out of love with u,so even if u trim down for him,there's no guaranteeing that he won't find other ways to fault u.

But for a start,try to shed off some fat and see what happens after that.

You are kinda tall for a girl
If the op is average, she would be on the thick side
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
sukkot:
am saying though, whaf if its a broke nigga and he is complaining that his fiance says mean things to him cuz he is always broke, will your advice be ' get money because you want to, for yourself not for a woman '

JUS SAYIN LOL. DOUBLE STANDARDS. I BET YOU BE THE FIRST TO SAY KICK THAT BROKE NIGGA TO THE CURB CUZ HE HAS NO AMBITION

don't compare apples to oranges abeg. the above is a completely different problem.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Vinshu(f): 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
lielbree:

Who tell u? Did u have kids? It's hard o but worth doing for yourself not any man whether boyfriend or husband.

Ok.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by ireneony(f): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
vivypretty:
if u love urself the way u are that is all that matters

dont let him mess with ur head and make u feel bad about urself and loose ur self confidence

if he complains like that before marriage what happens after marriage
that is not the way she is...
you mean loving herself by keep eating like an elephant undecided
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Electroweb(m): 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
This is a sign you must not ignore.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by ettaetta(m): 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

And what do you mean "Naturally Fat", nobody on earth is Naturally Fat.
there are people who dont exercise or watch their weight yet they dont grow fat. What do you call that? All am trying to say is that for some fat people its hereditary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iq_pkXsMv8&sns=tw
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Apitch(m): 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
Let me advice us a little, for those that really want to learn.
The reason for much break ups n divorce this days are because of our negligence n lack of understanding.
A guy meets a lady and admires her and it leads to knowing the xter n other good attributes but after a while, those features are gradually dropped and the guy looses the attraction and the lady often comes up with the usual "He has changed" why won't he? When what attracted him is no more there
Same goes to guys, u marry a vibrant lady and u guys do a lot together and after a while, u reduce her to a mother and remove the wife/best friend in her, leaving her frustrated and bored and she bring out the complaining/nagging part of her which we all have and we be like "when this one start? Shey u wan behave like ur friends baa" and the problem starts and ego won't let us sit and solve our problems, next we look for advice from people either too frustrated or people who don't even know how it feels and we end up fueling the fire.
My brothers n sisters please let's learn to solve our problems and not run away from it because we can.
My wife is my best friend and we annoy the hell out of each other and we settle always like we are meant to and we understand another donts of each other, further strengthening our Union.
Daalu nu
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by dilini(m): 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
Na wa o! I never knew NL has alat of Relationship expert. This topic has always been the bane of most plus-size ladies and to add pepper to injury it's kinda difficult for most plus-size ladies to slim down because of the natural fatty components in their body system. Alot of plus-size ladies out there are single or barely hanging on to 'a relationship' 'cos most of them are either afraid of losing the guy they seems to be dating or that they may never find true love again. All they pray for is for the guy to immediately announce when he will be ready to go see her families and then marriage rites follows. But what most plus-size ladies don't is this... If you are educated, and are a working class lady or have a thriving business most guys who says they don't like plus-size ladies are the ones gunning for the above descriptive ones with such qualities that I just mentioned. But no doubt we live in the times where slim-fit is the trend of the day. Once you have a physique that is naturally fit (not necessary slim) then you will be the toast of guys. Guys loves to flaunt what they spend money on and what everyone to give an applause to what belongs to you... It's like a demanding job to keep fit and it applies to both sexes but it has always been a thing of worry to most plus-size ladies because it is the man that makes his choice and determine what he wants in his woman (and that's what he will live with for the rest of his life). So dearie my advice is for you to watch what you eat, cut down on your food intakes that contains fatty acids and sucrose. Then hit the gym, jog more, eat righy and pray more. I bet you will come out in the next 3 - 6 months looking dapper and pretty... Just my advice... that'a whay I will tell my babe to do if she's a plus-size lady.... Look sweet and take care...

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by merxi55(f): 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
when a man complains about your looks and soze...my dear he isn't your husband...there are guys that will see that size and fall in love,so go where you're celebrated and not where you're tolerated!
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by fotojenik(m): 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
Sorry to say, as for me, I DNT like fat or robust ladies. dey ain't neat. dat is my personal view...CHEERS.!
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by allwellgeo: 7:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
Charles4075:
Hmmm, this one pass me ohhhh... All the fat ladies in the house, oya make una come help Op ohhh
end time bata
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by marieolae(f): 7:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
It depends on your height. I'm around 5'7/5'8, I weigh around 70kg but i've always been slim. You seem to be tall so your height will balance out your weight. 70kg for an average female height which is 5'5, will make her look bigger.
Oliviaarims:
Hmm...she weighs 70. I weigh 75 and I'm not anywhere close to being fat...never been fat. undecided

To ur issue... It's very probable ur fiance is looking for an excuse to do away with u. If u've always been fat from the time he met u,I see no reason why he should be addressing it in this manner now. And yea,u're right. Maybe he's fallen out of love with u,so even if u trim down for him,there's no guaranteeing that he won't find other ways to fault u.

But for a start,try to shed off some fat and see what happens after that.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
marieolae:
It depends on your height. I'm around 5'7/5'8, I weigh around 70kg but i've always been slim. You seem to be tall so your height will balance out your weight. 70kg for an average female height which is 5'5, will make her look bigger.

Makes sense like that... I'm actually quite tall... For a girl. 5'8 or thereabout.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

When a lady is too difficult. / Pre-wedding Photos Of Chinese Man & His Hausa Bride / My Pre-wedding Pix.. My Woman.. My Everything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.