Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" (31359 Views)

What Do Ladies Mean When They Say, 'I Need A God-fearing Man'? / When She Says "I'm Taken" / If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by laikas: 11:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
Piptoes:
And ladies hate it too, when a guy they barely know ( like less than a month) start asking for sex...
dont mind him, he wants sex
buh doesnt want to spend, olebruku

1 Like

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Odunharry(m): 11:46pm On Jul 14, 2016
magicalBae:
undecided

Ladies who usually say that are those set of ladies that never add a drop of water to an ocean.

A supportive woman don't brag over stuffs like dat no matter what but if d opposite buy a recharge card of #200, she'll remind u d date n time she bought it wen u 2 hav lil misunderstanding.

U suffered with him b'cos

*u asked him for 10k n he gave u 4k ?
*u asked him to take u out n he said not dis weekend ?
*u don't get t'fare at times wen u pay him a visit?
* u asked him to buy u iPhone6 n he got u BB10? ..... nonsense!!!!

U're nothing but a liability to him.
Nothing i hate hearing than after all i did for him or i was there for him.
Guys do more and no one complains about it.

You are sensible person.. kudos

1 Like

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by laikas: 11:53pm On Jul 14, 2016
Piptoes:
same here dear...they start developing "new money syndrome"
my dear i learnt my lesson ones and am no longer foolin myslf, there is dis guy am datin nw, i dnt wash, cook or clean for him and he respects me for dat fact. try it and see the outcome.
cc: karryn

1 Like

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Odunharry(m): 11:54pm On Jul 14, 2016
Olypeppy:
physically,mentally,socially,sexually all join.Ungrateful niggas everywhere...
And guys don't do more?! what is it a woman can do for a guy that a guy can't do times 10 of it??
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Odunharry(m): 11:59pm On Jul 14, 2016
Owliver:
everything is about gamble. a girl will stick to a broke guy with the hope of a better tomorrow. she's not there for the guy but for herself. when the guy makes it she blackmails him by reminding him. right now I am stinkingly single not that no girls but i want to make my money first. I want to be able to tell any jerk gerrarrahia Meeehn when it's needed. no time
Lmao... werey.. I still dey wait lady make go tell me that word.

how far bro
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by laikas: 12:00am On Jul 15, 2016
MoNickk:
when a lady says 'I was there for him',it simply means she was there. period. she was there as a shoulder to cry/lean on during trying times,there as an adviser,there to mop his brow during illnesses,there to pack up his vomit after a drunken night with the boys. on the other hand,it could mean monetarily. dating a guy who has promised you marriage n Ure both saving together for bride price and all of a sudden,he makes it big n suddenly remembers you have bow leg. one of many scenarios.
tanx dear, nt lyk magicalbea who writes jst for likes from guys, i wonder if truly shes female.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by richez25(m): 12:02am On Jul 15, 2016
laikas:

my dear i learnt my lesson ones and am no longer foolin myslf, there is dis guy am datin nw, i dnt wash, cook or clean for him and he respects me for dat fact. try it and see the outcome.

"there is dis guy am datin nw, i dnt wash, cook or clean for him and he respects me for dat fact."
Pls sister who r u, I laff u in ur language, time will tell whether na respect the guy go chop as food, or wear after exhausting his clean clothes.. Later u go tell am who u be... See this gal ooo, jokin wit her future.. I hail u, madam respeck...
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by lielbree: 12:10am On Jul 15, 2016
The same thing it means when a guy says I was there for her
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by COMPUTERVILLA(m): 12:11am On Jul 15, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

u sure ur a girl

She hass a brother.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Toks2008(m): 12:11am On Jul 15, 2016
laikas:

You need serious flogging...you don't cook and clean for him like seriously?

No one is saying cook regularly cos you are not yet his wife but your comment suggests that you don't even do at all...YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN because trust me, if he is not complaining then he has no plan to make you his wife. FACT!

3 Likes

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by seguno2: 12:51am On Jul 15, 2016
Omotayor123:
It means she was there for him in his trying moments.
According to a Yoruba adage :"The presence of people in your life is worth more than any money".

Being lonely kills faster than being poor! cool

Some people CHOOSE to be on their own ALONE at times and they are not lonely.
Many achievers and successfully creative people are like that- no distractions.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by seguno2: 12:54am On Jul 15, 2016
jimmyolasun:
No you getting it wrong. The phrase "I was there for him" simply mean that whenever he asks for "it" I give it without hesitating. Even if I'm miles away, I rush down just to satisfy his crazy urge... *guess I nailed it*

Yeah, you nailed IT gaan grin
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by MrTour: 1:08am On Jul 15, 2016
It means she was there to cure your Konji as a poor man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by foremost55(m): 1:13am On Jul 15, 2016
tongue asked d ladies
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by SammyJakes1: 1:14am On Jul 15, 2016
magicalBae:
undecided

Ladies who usually say that are those set of ladies that never add a drop of water to an ocean.

A supportive woman don't brag over stuffs like dat no matter what but if d opposite buy a recharge card of #200, she'll remind u d date n time she bought it wen u 2 hav lil misunderstanding.

U suffered with him b'cos

*u asked him for 10k n he gave u 4k ?
*u asked him to take u out n he said not dis weekend ?
*u don't get t'fare at times wen u pay him a visit?
* u asked him to buy u iPhone6 n he got u BB10? ..... nonsense!!!!

U're nothing but a liability to him.
If only Nigerian girls can reason the way u do, relationships would be sweeter

2 Likes

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Nobody: 3:06am On Jul 15, 2016
life. I once dated a lady and each time i gave her what i can afford she will quickly say"im struggling with you now o and nobody is seeing it" and i try hard to remember if we went out together to hustle. dis part got me laffin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by logica(m): 3:09am On Jul 15, 2016
It means, if she had a "better" option, she would have dumped your sorry a$$.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Nobody: 3:09am On Jul 15, 2016
missingrib:
same here with ladies....u don't want them to demand but you guys will keep demanding for sex...when u know you can't cater or don't want her to demand why asking her out in the first place
its like u dnt knw some ladies beg for sex tooo

2 Likes

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by madjune(m): 3:53am On Jul 15, 2016
Being there for your man...first of all should be spurred by genuine love.

This love should transcend the material, though it's hard to sustain due to the naija poverty level.

Here, the girl is supposed to know her man.
She's supposed to encourage him at every turn knowing that tomorrow might be different.

She may not always support him materially but giving him that unconditional love through dark days and a reason to smile when it rains.

I do think God recognizes such couples wherever they are because most times either the man or the lady experiences some breakthrough in a not so distant time.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by afrika(f): 5:31am On Jul 15, 2016
She was there to manager when he never had anything.
No gift
No good money for maintenance
She stood by him, cos no lady would have agreed him but she gave him her body even at those difficult times for free and he savoured without struggling for it.

She even contributed by cooking from her home sometimes, And she never demanded for much!
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by rman: 5:41am On Jul 15, 2016
missingrib:
same here with ladies....u don't want them to demand but you guys will keep demanding for sex...when u know you can't cater or don't want her to demand why asking her out in the first place

Are u having sex with your boyfriend because u feel emotional connection with him and love him, or because u see sex as a way to make money?

Every time a lady says guys ask for sex so they ask for money It makes me wonder.

When did getting into a relationship become a financial burden on men?

While your man is making money, what were u exactly doing with your time?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Nobody: 5:54am On Jul 15, 2016
I was there for you simply means i have been giving you free sexx without asking for money.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 15, 2016
Love Machine:
I was there for you simply means i have been giving you free sexx without asking for money.
oh. Is that what it means when yer there for your woman?
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by klassic(m): 6:00am On Jul 15, 2016
Being there for you, means going thru the best and worst moments with you.
E.g , I met my wife then a girl friend in 2006, she just sec school and computer school. She was working as a cashier in a cafe. Then I had nothing was still strolling in bathroom slippers. She choose to date me despite all the rich Yahoo guys asking her out who could spoil her. She had to quit her job in 2007 when I gained admission to Uni, she gave up her dream of going to Uni for me to finish mine while she managed all the businesses we had . Through thick and thin she was there, no money she was there , opening shop by 8am and closing by 10pm . Sometimes rain will drench her home, she never complained not even when her friends and family kept telling her I will dump her ass immediately after I graduate or finish Law school. The money she made from the biz assisted me thru school. She gave up Xmas dress, birthday gifts , risked her life for a better future for me and took care of me when I had severe chest pain and accident . Took care of my momma when she was hospitalized for weeks. She practically moved to the hospital.
We dated for 9years plus all through school before we got married this year. Her savings from the business helped me settled down as in major relocation to the city, a nice apartment and a cool car to stroll round while she got nothing for her self. Now that's a perfect example of the OP 's question. She is today my wife. Despite not been a graduate, she is my finest and most cherished jewel . A woman God used to mold my destiny when I was a complete mess nd contemplated suicide.

1 Like

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 15, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
oh. Is that what it means when yer there for your woman?
What does a lady contribute in a relationship besides sexx?
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 15, 2016
Love Machine:
What does a lady contribute in a relationship besides sexx?
Much.
.....❤What does a man contribute aside sex?
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Toks2008(m): 6:07am On Jul 15, 2016
klassic:
Being there for you, means going thru the best and worst moments with you.
E.g , I met my wife then a girl friend in 2006, she just sec school and computer school. She was working as a cashier in a cafe. Then I had nothing was still strolling in bathroom slippers. She choose to date me despite all the rich Yahoo guys asking her out who could spoil her. She had to quit her job in 2007 when I gained admission to Uni, she gave up her dream of going to Uni for me to finish mine while she managed all the businesses we had . Through thick and thin she was there, no money she was there , opening shop by 8am and closing by 10pm . Sometimes rain will drench her home, she never complained not even when her friends and family kept telling her I will dump her ass immediately after I graduate or finish Law school. The money she made from the biz assisted me thru school. She gave up Xmas dress, birthday gifts , risked her life for a better future for me and took care of me when I had severe chest pain and accident . Took care of my momma when she was hospitalized for weeks. She practically moved to the hospital.
We dated for 9years plus all through school before we got married this year. Her savings from the business helped me settled down as in major relocation to the city, a nice apartment and a cool car to stroll round while she got nothing for her self. Now that's a perfect example of the OP 's question. She is today my wife. Despite not been a graduate, she is my finest and most cherished jewel . A woman God used to mold my destiny when I was a complete mess nd contemplated suicide.

This is a clear perfect case of being there for a man.

Many ladies would love to leave a struggling guy but no better suitor and at the end they will start forming I was there for him.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by karryn(f): 6:21am On Jul 15, 2016
Piptoes:
same here dear...they start developing "new money syndrome"
kai u too sabi but me sha kuku join national single girls association

1 Like

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by karryn(f): 6:24am On Jul 15, 2016
laikas:

after everything u still get liver to date again? Abeg me never ready for any of those drama's again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? / Nairalander Prewedding Shot / In Uyo, Akwa Ibom Girls No Longer Wear Panties (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.