Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,365 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" (31380 Views)

What Do Ladies Mean When They Say, 'I Need A God-fearing Man'? / When She Says "I'm Taken" / If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by laikas: 8:11am On Jul 15, 2016
Toks2008:

Now you are making sense.
wink
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by redcliff: 8:15am On Jul 15, 2016
Toks2008:
I have heard many ladies use these words and i really want some ladies to clear the air on this matter.

Its amazing that some ladies juxtapose staying with a struggling guy with doing him a favour and I tend to wonder why this is so. I believe that a lady should be with a man because she wants to regardless of whether he eventually hit it big In life.

I once dated a lady and each time i gave her what i can afford she will quickly say"im struggling with you now o and nobody is seeing it" and i try hard to remember if we went out together to hustle.

So the question is;when a lady says "i was there for him when he had nothing" please what exactly does she mean?

1..Does it mean she stood by him by actively contributing to his life by bringing him food or food stuffs,by giving him her money or helping him in one way or the other materially or monetarily?

or

2.Does she mean she remained his bae when he was struggling and suffered with him by drinking the little garri he managed to buy with the little stipends he gets or because she usually collects the little he gives to her from the very little money he fortunately makes from his hustle.

Please ladies i really need to know your definition of being there for a man in times of struggles

Over to you ladies.

Mumu writeup. You asked a question and you use your hand to answer your own question...smh
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by magicalBae(f): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2016
badderdandem:
you got it all wrong baby even if you had 150 likes from your fellow female folks why would ladies always have the mindset that dating a guy requires him to take full responsibility of your needs and wants is he your parent even if you are married to him in a relationships we are made to help each other irrespective of your gender you are mentioning iPhone six do you know how is that phone even acquiring q10 will cause a struggling man a fortune so stop the heck about buy this me buy me that

Did u read my comment at all sir?
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 15, 2016
Toks2008:
I have heard many ladies use these words and i really want some ladies to clear the air on this matter.

Its amazing that some ladies juxtapose staying with a struggling guy with doing him a favour and I tend to wonder why this is so. I believe that a lady should be with a man because she wants to regardless of whether he eventually hit it big In life.

I once dated a lady and each time i gave her what i can afford she will quickly say"im struggling with you now o and nobody is seeing it" and i try hard to remember if we went out together to hustle.

So the question is;when a lady says "i was there for him when he had nothing" please what exactly does she mean?

1..Does it mean she stood by him by actively contributing to his life by bringing him food or food stuffs,by giving him her money or helping him in one way or the other materially or monetarily?

or

2.Does she mean she remained his bae when he was struggling and suffered with him by drinking the little garri he managed to buy with the little stipends he gets or because she usually collects the little he gives to her from the very little money he fortunately makes from his hustle.

Please ladies i really need to know your definition of being there for a man in times of struggles

Over to you ladies.

I would say Both OP

In this economy to care of anyone other than yourself is a testament of love. People take this for granted alot

I also make mistakes so no one is perfect someone told me a parable about Josephs father and the wells ...you can bleed a well dry but you cant destroy the source of the creator

In other words you can be a man and be there for her in the same respect or step aside let her be a rock to someone who is more deserving
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by junta007(f): 8:18am On Jul 15, 2016
In my own version, i was there for meanrs that when he had nothing i went out there to struggle for him to survive
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by nanizle(m): 8:19am On Jul 15, 2016
Omotayor123:
It means she was there for him in his trying moments.
According to a Yoruba adage :"The presence of people in your life is worth more than any money".

Being lonely kills faster than being poor!

That's a not so intelligent statement (to put it lightly) undecided
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by joshrare(m): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2016
Omotayor123:
According to a Yoruba adage :"The presence of people in your life is worth more than any money".

Being lonely kills faster than being poor! cool

Lambasting him @every given opportunity, reigning insult on him and telling him his inadequacies
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 15, 2016
magicalBae:
undecided

Ladies who usually say that are those set of ladies that never add a drop of water to an ocean.

A supportive woman don't brag over stuffs like dat no matter what but if d opposite buy a recharge card of #200, she'll remind u d date n time she bought it wen u 2 hav lil misunderstanding.

U suffered with him b'cos

*u asked him for 10k n he gave u 4k ?
*u asked him to take u out n he said not dis weekend ?
*u don't get t'fare at times wen u pay him a visit?
* u asked him to buy u iPhone6 n he got u BB10? ..... nonsense!!!!

U're nothing but a liability to him.
now this is what i call a WOMAN OF QUALITY N NOT QUANTITY

1 Like

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by sisisioge: 8:48am On Jul 15, 2016
Hmmmm, when she says she stood by him, she meant the theory of opportunity cost. We all know how the real cost incurred can be traced to the foregone alternative. All those better potentials, the richer , more educated and better suited guys not considered for him. Let alone the several unaccounted for monies spent on him. The TLCs nko? Let's not even put monetary values to that! A professional girlfriend had to bite off a guys something off yesterday because he backslided on their terms of agreement grin. N15k a night! Multiply that by several days!

So when she says she stood by him, she really did stand by him. The ungrateful schmucks! grin grin
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by chichichilolo1(f): 9:01am On Jul 15, 2016
YorubaWoman:
grin grin grin

Aimoye ojo to ti ro
Owo to ti wo gbo
Provision rira nipa pe keyan na le contributu
Gbogbo nkan teyan nse, ise oluwa ni
Boowu ko gbori duro
Bi pe eyan n fun onibaara lowo ati awon alaini ni o se je semi

I don't say 'boowu e ko gbori duro, oun leyan ba e jiya yi'
No no no, eniyan nrin oun sowo nu
Guy not everyone understands yoruba undecided
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 15, 2016
magicalBae:
undecided

Ladies who usually say that are those set of ladies that never add a drop of water to an ocean.

A supportive woman don't brag over stuffs like dat no matter what but if d opposite buy a recharge card of #200, she'll remind u d date n time she bought it wen u 2 hav lil misunderstanding.

You are 1 in a zillion, love you deep and I wish most Nigerian girls, ladies and women will upgrade their rationality to at least 1 quarter of yours.

You are indeed an asset in all ramifications.

1 Like

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 15, 2016
magicalBae:
undecided

thank yu !!!

1 Like

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by LordBaelish: 10:08am On Jul 15, 2016
YorubaWoman:
grin grin grin

Aimoye ojo to ti ro Owo to ti wo gbo Provision rira nipa pe keyan na le contributu Gbogbo nkan teyan nse, ise oluwa ni Boowu ko gbori duro Bi pe eyan n fun onibaara lowo ati awon alaini ni o se je semi
I don't say 'boowu e ko gbori duro, oun leyan ba e jiya yi' No no no, eniyan nrin oun sowo nu

yoruland.com is where you should be jerk off
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by LordBaelish: 10:08am On Jul 15, 2016
YorubaWoman:
grin grin grin

Aimoye ojo to ti ro Owo to ti wo gbo Provision rira nipa pe keyan na le contributu Gbogbo nkan teyan nse, ise oluwa ni Boowu ko gbori duro Bi pe eyan n fun onibaara lowo ati awon alaini ni o se je semi
I don't say 'boowu e ko gbori duro, oun leyan ba e jiya yi' No no no, eniyan nrin oun sowo nu

yoruland.com is where you should be jerk off
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by criseng(m): 10:10am On Jul 15, 2016
melo melo melo melo LA fe wi melo melo melo LA fe so
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 15, 2016
Toks2008:

Jeeez...did i just read this from you?

Why cant the lady just get a space in the brothel?
grin perhaps that would make her fully self employed !
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by LordBaelish: 10:11am On Jul 15, 2016
Omotayor123:

Being lonely kills faster than being poor! cool

bullshit detected. being with a guy also served the lady's benefits also. from being more valued etc. why else do some players stay in small clubs?
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by nairamaniac: 10:19am On Jul 15, 2016
Most times it means she was there thru his tough times. When he was struggling to make it.

however at times girls misuse this phrase.
It could also mean they were there to clear his conji whenever the guy was in crisis.

Most girls see sex as a privilege/favour to guys. hence she could internally mean "I was there for you all those times conji wan kpai you grin
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by ladej(m): 10:34am On Jul 15, 2016
oglalasioux:
Being there for a man is beyond material or sexual provision. For me a woman who I'll regard as being there for me is that woman who didn't look down on me when I failed at something but encouraged me to move on.
boooooooom. Now the real wisdom is showing. Well said padre

1 Like

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Rymabeczy(f): 10:37am On Jul 15, 2016
I fink it'z d same fing....
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by badderdandem(m): 11:11am On Jul 15, 2016
magicalBae:

Did u read my comment at all sir?
sorry don't mind me I was reading from the other side

1 Like

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by DONFODIO(m): 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
Rymabeczy:
I fink it'z d same fing....
I'm with you
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by MiracleJohn(m): 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
Mznaett:
IT SIMPLY MEANS SHE WAS THERE FOR HIM FULL STOPgrin
it seems you dont understanding anything about the topic
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by VanBommel(m): 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
Mznaett:
IT SIMPLY MEANS SHE WAS THERE FOR HIM FULL STOPgrin
olodo cry
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by alaskido(m): 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
magicalBae:
undecided

MagicalBae, I concur with you jare. You rock.

1 Like

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by fullz: 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2016
Michellla:
it means she stood by him by actively contributing to his life by bringing him food or food stuffs,by giving him her money or helping him in one way or the other materially or monetarily

you were taking money from an alhaji to give to him and u thought he wouldn't find out?
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Piptoes(f): 7:49pm On Jul 15, 2016
karryn:
kai u too sabi but me sha kuku join national single girls association
lol
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Piptoes(f): 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
laikas:

my dear i learnt my lesson ones and am no longer foolin myslf, there is dis guy am datin nw, i dnt wash, cook or clean for him and he respects me for dat fact. try it and see the outcome.
cc: karryn
smileyok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help!! I can't get over my Ex. I think of her everyday / A Letter To My Future Wife. / The Search Is Over! Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.