Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" (31390 Views)

What Do Ladies Mean When They Say, 'I Need A God-fearing Man'? / When She Says "I'm Taken" / If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by tosyne2much(m): 10:28am On Mar 26, 2016
Toks2008:

Me and lalasticlala get quarrel and no be today we want settle..na season film wey go long.But one thing has been settled,he has no chance with my very sweet little sis again. No going back on this decision grin
Me sef no understand wetin dey happen to Lalasticlala these days wey be say, to make FP wan dey hard pass to make heaven sef shocked
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by refiner(f): 10:31am On Mar 26, 2016
it simply means standing by a guy through thick and thin!.....

*...sharing d little he has.
*....providing some basic things he may not have
*....sharing his sorrows and joy wif him.
*....standing steadfastly by him during his most difficult times.
*.....praying and having faith in God!

hope dis help!smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Toks2008(m): 10:34am On Mar 26, 2016
tosyne2much:
Me sef no understand wetin dey happen to Lalasticlala these days wey be say, to make FP wan dey hard pass to make heaven sef shocked

In all honesty it is not really about fpage by fire by force but when you see a good stuff, you kn ow it is good and such should make front page but when you now see some funny threads on front page while better ones are relegated then there is a cause for concern but he knows better.

One fact is that the romance section is by far better than nairaland front page in terms of originality because most front page information are lagging but it is the interactive structure of nairaland that makes it interesting.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Toks2008(m): 10:35am On Mar 26, 2016
refiner:

hope dis help!smiley

Fair enough.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by refiner(f): 10:48am On Mar 26, 2016
Toks2008:

Fair enough.
only DAT point was fair enough?undecided
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Toks2008(m): 10:51am On Mar 26, 2016
refiner:

only DAT point was fair enough?undecided

the inclusion
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Odunharry(m): 11:02am On Mar 26, 2016
magicalBae:
undecided

Ladies who usually say that are those set of ladies that never add a drop of water to an ocean.

A supportive woman don't brag over stuffs like dat no matter what but if d opposite buy a recharge card of #200, she'll remind u d date n time she bought it wen u 2 hav lil misunderstanding.

U suffered with him b'cos

*u asked him for 10k n he gave u 4k ?
*u asked him to take u out n he said not dis weekend ?
*u don't get t'fare at times wen u pay him a visit?
* u asked him to buy u iPhone6 n he got u BB10? ..... nonsense!!!!

U're nothing but a liability to him.
This.... God bless you real good for this.

The truth is you hardly see men use that line. There are some that can't even call a guy talk more of giving him anything.. A pity many gals can't evn do half or one quarter of what a guy will do for them.

3 Likes

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by missionmex(m): 11:15am On Mar 26, 2016
tosyne2much:
In as much as I'm not a relationship expert like oga Toks... Lemme air my own opinion

Nigerian ladies are brought with the mentality that when a lady is dating a guys that's financially crippled whether he's a PhD or Masters holder, they feel they are actually dating him out of pity, hence, they see it as suffering and endurance, and as a result of this, they keep ringing to his ears that they are suffering with him now oooo, and that he would be an ingrate if he marries another lady when God finally answers his prayers.

Some of them will even consult a native doctor or strip unclad raining curses on the guy when he fails to marry them.

Well, when I say my gf was there for me, it simply means she stood by me through thick and thin, she took my problems as hers, sacrificed her resources to make sure I become a better person because she saw greatness in me

Lastly, it means she was loyal, committed and had no reason whatsoever to cheat on me

Lemme hear what the person below me, Henrypraise, has to say cool
always on point.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by tosyne2much(m): 11:44am On Mar 26, 2016
missionmex:
always on point.
Hope I talk am well sha? cheesy
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Vikky014(f): 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
Toks2008:
Ok once again i want to bore you all with another pooh as many ladies term most of my write ups because they practically chose to interpret it the way they want.

But whichever way you see it just look away from the writer and try to focus on the contents and give an intelligent counter opinion without unwarranted attack on the writer because this is what intelligent people do.We all are entitled to our opinions.

I have heard many ladies use this phrase over and over again and i really want some ladies to clear the air on this matter.

I once dated a lady and each time i give her what i have she will quickly say"im struggling with you now o and nobody is seeing it" and i try hard to remember if we went out together to hustle.

So the question is;when a lady says "i was there for him when he had nothing" please what exactly does she mean?

1..Does it mean she stood by him by actively contributing to his life by bringing him food or food stuffs,by giving him her money or helping him in one way or the other materially or monetarily?

or

2.Does she mean she remained his bae when he was struggling and suffered with him by drinking the little garri he managed to buy with the little stipends he gets or because she usually collects the little he gives him from the very little money he fortunately makes from his hustle.

Please ladies i really need to know your definition of being there for a man in times of struggles and for the guys please what exactly does it mean when you say your bae was there for you?
nice write up. bt being there for a man to me as a lady simply means dt i always give d said man a listening ear whn necessary. bt most ladies thinks it means suffering wt d person or helping the person during his lack. a giver or a helper shld always give or help wtout expecting any favour frm d receiver. according to eccle11:1 it says all genders shld do good whreva we go dt after a while the good u do will cme back to you...it simply means God rewards us anytime we help sme1 through many ways it must nt b frm that person u helped.

1 Like

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by missionmex(m): 4:13pm On Mar 26, 2016
tosyne2much:
Hope I talk am well sha? cheesy
wella wella.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by agbonkamen(f): 4:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
yes you are right the both.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Toks2008(m): 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
Vikky014:
nice write up. bt being there for a man to me as a lady simply means dt i always give d said man a listening ear whn necessary. bt most ladies thinks it means suffering wt d person or helping the person during his lack. a giver or a helper shld always give or help wtout expecting any favour frm d receiver. according to eccle11:1 it says all genders shld do good whreva we go dt after a while the good u do will cme back to you...it simply means God rewards us anytime we help sme1 through many ways it must nt b frm that person u helped.

Insightful.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Rotab4life: 1:32am On Mar 27, 2016
magicalBae:
undecided

Ladies who usually say that are those set of ladies that never add a drop of water to an ocean.

A supportive woman don't brag over stuffs like dat no matter what but if d opposite buy a recharge card of #200, she'll remind u d date n time she bought it wen u 2 hav lil misunderstanding.

kikikikiki grin grin grin grin..Is this really coming from a lady. Hungry lionesses are coming for you..LOL still wonder what they mean whenever they blurt out such words

2 Likes

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 27, 2016
Michellla:
it means she stood by him by actively contributing to his life by bringing him food or food stuffs,by giving him her money or helping him in one way or the other materially or monetarily
nah lie O .i go for b
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by anigbajumo(m): 8:18am On Mar 27, 2016
magicalBae:
undecided

Damn amazed,a lady wey his cerebrum dey work effectively like this still dey on this forum.

Thumb up Bae.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Youngpo413: 8:55am On Mar 27, 2016
NiRfreak:
It means she provided a steady pvvssy when no other woman will endure giving him cos of his hardship/poverty
you have a good point.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Youngpo413: 9:01am On Mar 27, 2016
refiner:

hope dis help!smiley

that guy is cute then, cos ladies can do anything for a cute broke guy.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Toks2008(m): 10:28am On Mar 27, 2016
Youngpo413:

inside your dream abi grin
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Youngpo413: 10:36am On Mar 27, 2016
Toks2008:

inside your dream abi grin
No sir!
Lol
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Toks2008(m): 3:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

That's what's up!

I really don't like it when girls you barely know (like under a year), start asking for stuff.

Such a turn off undecided

Infact any lady who does not demand a dime from her guy will be so respected by her man but many ladies dont know this guy code.
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by missingrib(f): 6:20pm On Mar 29, 2016
Toks2008:

Infact any lady who does not demand a dime from her guy will be so respected by her man but many ladies dont know this guy code.
same here with ladies....u don't want them to demand but you guys will keep demanding for sex...when u know you can't cater or don't want her to demand why asking her out in the first place
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Toks2008(m): 6:49pm On Mar 29, 2016
missingrib:
same here with ladies....u don't want them to demand but you guys will keep demanding for sex...when u know you can't cater or don't want her to demand why asking her out in the first place

Jeeez...did i just read this from you?

Why cant the lady just get a space in the brothel?

4 Likes

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by missingrib(f): 6:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
Toks2008:

Jeeez...did i just read this from you?

Why cant the lady just get a spave in the brothel?

I really want lalasticlala to put this thoughtful thread on fpage to get more comments cos missingribs just fall my hand..chai.
am saying this out of experience.. in relationship I don't demand becos am not that kinda person and me my parents are solely responsible for my upbring.. but this my ex took this behaviour as an opportunity to act anyhow.. even during my birthdays to buy gift is a problem for him ..and anytime I go to his place tfare is an issue all this things ain't that the lady is materialistic is just a sign of responsibility on ur part.. and to cut the story short he won't cease to demand for sex.. imagine.. even when she doesn't demand at least once in a while try buying something for her...
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Toks2008(m): 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
missingrib:
am saying this out of experience.. in relationship I don't demand becos am not that kinda person and me my parents are solely responsible for my upbring.. but this my ex took this behaviour as an opportunity to act anyhow.. even during my birthdays to buy gift is a problem for him ..and anytime I go to his place tfare is an issue all this things ain't that the lady is materialistic is just a sign of responsibility on ur part.. and to cut the story short he won't cease to demand for sex.. imagine.. even when she doesn't demand at least once in a while try buying something for her...

ok i now get you but your presentation of your notion sounded odd..

Anyways some guys are jerks.

A guy must give...i repeat,a responsible guy must give and its not about how rich you are....if you give a lady a gift of 1k,she will cherish it..if a lady comes to visit and you buy her N100 food walahi she will appreciate even if she is a millionaire.

Guys biko learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by missingrib(f): 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
Toks2008:

ok i now get you but your presentation of your notion sounded odd..

Anyways some guys are jerks.

A guy must give...i repeat,a responsible guy must give and its not about how rich you are....if you give a lady a gift of 1k,she will cherish it..if a lady comes to visit and you buy her N100 food walahi she will appreciate even if she is a millionaire.

Guys biko learn.
now were on same page
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Toks2008(m): 7:46pm On Apr 06, 2016
missigrib:
now were on same page

Good
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Toks2008(m): 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
anigbaju13:

Damn amazed,a lady wey his cerebrum dey work effectively like this still dey on this forum.
Thumb up Bae.

Lets hope she is really real
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Toks2008(m): 5:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
[
Youno413:

Hmmm
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Toks2008(m): 10:27pm On Jul 13, 2016
lalasticlala what do you think?
Re: What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" by Theultimate(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2016
YorubaWoman:
grin grin grin

Aimoye ojo to ti ro Owo to ti wo gbo Provision rira nipa pe keyan na le contributu Gbogbo nkan teyan nse, ise oluwa ni Boowu ko gbori duro Bi pe eyan n fun onibaara lowo ati awon alaini ni o se je semi
I don't say 'boowu e ko gbori duro, oun leyan ba e jiya yi' No no no, eniyan nrin oun sowo nu
I love this kind of heart. You can hardly be disappointed OR heart broken. Sugbon o ni aleebu sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Letter To My Future Wife. / The Search Is Over! Pre-wedding Photos / Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.