Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? (7154 Views)

Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding / If Your Fiance Wears This To Your House... / When Your Fiance Is From IMO State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by DemiGoddess(f): 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
Lezzlie:
You're quite right.

Insisting on statutory marriage precludes the existence of trust and faith.

It negates the very principles on which marriage is built.

I have never endorsed statutory marriage and will never.
Very true and court marriage is even worse.I sure as hell wont agree if he tells me he wants a court marriage.As if he's envisioning disaster and a terrible ending from the beginning.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by DemiGoddess(f): 5:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fairytales:
are you sure you are a female?
I am a female...any problem?
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by naijathings(m): 5:38pm On Mar 28, 2016
DemiGoddess:
I wonder o,for me I prefer a good old tradional marriage with ALL the rites carried out,white wedding will be for formality sake;because my parents will insist.Court marriage is a bloody NO.I'm a very traditional person and I feel blacks are quick to accept the white culture.I'll have a white wedding but I still think the most important thing is keeping my marriage.Wonder why an african woman will be thinking about the possibility of divorce will signing marriage papers...uwa mmebi!

*removes eyeglasses*

*in Pete Edochie's voice*

Young lady, Who are you ?
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 5:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
DemiGoddess:
I am a female...any problem?
no
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 5:40pm On Mar 28, 2016
naijathings:

*removes eyeglasses*

it's a male pretending to be female, go look at her his signature
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Lezzlie(m): 5:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
DemiGoddess:
Very true and court marriage is even worse.I sure as hell wont agree if he tells me he wants a court marriage.As if he's envisioning disaster and a terrible ending from the beginning.
I'm telling you, me lady, after concluding traditional and religious marriage rites, and my wife's insists on statutory marriage, I'll get the goose bumps from suspicion and apprehension already.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by DemiGoddess(f): 5:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
naijathings:

*removes eyeglasses*

*Whispers* /I am _demigoddess/ Seriously I dont understand the question.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 5:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
DemiGoddess:
hahaha, this one na man o grin

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 5:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
DemiGoddess:
*Whispers* /I am _demigoddess/ Seriously I dont understand the question.
change to demigod grin
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 5:45pm On Mar 28, 2016
Lezzlie:
I'm telling you, me lady, after concluding traditional and religious marriage rites, and my wife's insists on statutory marriage, I'll get the goose bumps from suspicion and apprehension already.
there are times a marriage certificate is needed in proof of marriage for certain transactions.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Lezzlie(m): 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fairytales:
You can't be certain of that, fair one.

Fairytales:
there are times a marriage certificate is needed in proof of marriage for certain transactions.
That's true, especially in embassies and certain work permit abroad, but then, couples can opt for it when faced with such necessities.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 5:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
Lezzlie:
You can't be certain of that, fair one.

That's true, especially in embassies and certain work permit abroad, but then, couples can opt for it when faced with such necessities.
you see, it good to put all these into consideration before saying an out right no. Apart from the extra expenses incurred, there is nothing the man should be worried about.

As for demigoddess, i'm just pulling her legs.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by DemiGoddess(f): 5:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fairytales:
hahaha, this one na man o grin
You think am a man because of what I typed?.Go through my posts and you will find out that am not like the average african female who is clueless and quick to accept senseless and ridiculous foreign culture and ideas.You will regret this post if I give you the opportunity of meeting me offline.Demi Goddess is an intelligent,traditional and superior breed of the female negro homo sapiens.Now run along...
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 5:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
Demigoddess I'm just playing with you, you seem to be amongst the few women who think that way though.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 5:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
DemiGoddess:
You think am a man because of what I typed?.Go through my posts and you will find out that am not like the average african female who is clueless and quick to accept senseless and ridiculous foreign culture and ideas.You will regret this post if I give you the opportunity of meeting me offline.Demi Goddess is an intelligent,traditional and superior breed of the female negro homo sapiens.Now run along...
ok
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by DemiGoddess(f): 5:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fairytales:
Demigoddess I'm just playing with you, you seem to be amongst the few women who think that way though.
Better!
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Lezzlie(m): 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fairytales:
you see, it good to put all these into consideration before saying an out right no. Apart from the extra expenses incurred, there is nothing the man should be worried about.

As for demigoddess, i'm just pulling her legs.
I still won't do it. It is still unnecessary. By the way, statutory marriage is cheap, a couple can procure one with less than a 100k.

But the issue is it's a whole different matter opting out of it, ---even if both couples want to .

Remember, it can only take a high court to grant divorce plea except in IMO state.

And , I think it gives women so much underserved and unmerrited rights in matrimony.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by DemiGoddess(f): 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fairytales:
Lol...thats a line from beyonce's song formation.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
Lezzlie:
I still won't do it. It is still unnecessary. By the way, statutory marriage is cheap, a couple can procure one with less than a 100k.

But the issue is it's a whole different matter opting out of it, ---even if both couples want to .

Remember, it can only take a high court to grant divorce plea except in IMO state.

And , I think it gives women so much underserved and unmerrited rights in matrimony.
why is IMO different?
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
DemiGoddess:
Lol...thats a line from beyonce's song formation.
DemiGoddess:
Better!
grin
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by DemiGoddess(f): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
Lezzlie:
Lolzz
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Lezzlie(m): 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fairytales:
why is IMO different?
I don't know how they statutorily wiggle there way into giving magistrate courts the jurisdiction of entertaining disputes in statutory marriage.

Although the jurisdiction of magistrate courts in Nigeria has been recently reviewed and given greater scope as courts of first instance, but it still doesn't carry the powers of divorce in statutory marriage.

And it's fücking expensive to initiate court proceedings, lawyers charge extra.

It isn't worth it.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Twerky101(f): 6:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
I can make do without the church/white wedding buh nt with the court and traditional wedding. If he insists on no court wedding then the relationship will have to be cut short.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 6:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
Lezzlie:
I don't know how they statutorily wiggle there way into giving magistrate courts the jurisdiction of entertaining disputes in statutory marriage.

Although the jurisdiction of magistrate courts in Nigeria has been recently reviewed and given greater scope as courts of first instance, but it still doesn't carry the powers of divorce in statutory marriage.

And it's fücking expensive to initiate court proceedings, lawyer's charge extra.

It isn't worth it.
what can I say.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Fairytales: 6:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
Twerky101:
I can make do without the church/white wedding buh nt with the court and traditional wedding. If he insists on no court wedding then the relationship will have to be cut short.
even if you love him and he meets your criteria?
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Lezzlie(m): 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fairytales:
what can I say.
Just advice couples to say away from court/ statutory marriages, it's a borrowed culture.

It doesn't stop divorce, neither can it guarantee fidelity.

It makes the atmosphere of marriage tensed and suspicious.

The West have already started prenuptial agreement when they saw the sheer folly of it.

Any woman who fell out of love with the husband could easily kill him off to acquire his estate just as easy as walking into an open door.

Lazy gigolos would be conniving with silly wives and telemundo addicted wives to acquire their husbands hard-earned money.

Simple solution, leave a Will behind.

Court/Statutory marriage is a no no for me.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by agarawu23(m): 6:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
herboshedhe:

ijebu man; D
take time o u this lady cheesy
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by ndujekwu(m): 6:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
Jadekitana:
Mum is itsekeri, dad is rivers. But I'm learning igbo gradually cheesy

I know am late.... pls learn igbo quickly... we have "the altar" to go to wink grin wink grin
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by herboshedhe(f): 6:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
agarawu23:
take time o u this lady cheesy
kikikikigrin
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Lezzlie(m): 6:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
DemiGoddess:
Any lady who insists on court marriage has got a scheme that doesn't include the hubby on the brighter side.

No girl insists on court marriage if the hubby is flat out broke or struggling.

If you check most homicide findings, in the West, you see couples kill couples either to acquire the estate or not having to pay for divorce and alimony settlements.

Back to Nigeria, every Nigerian woman is predisposed to fall victim to the sweet talk of thieving pastors, prophets, seers and fortune-tellers who tell her what she wants to hear.

Add that to the number of exes who can ignite her dying fires and you're looking at a potential disaster, once people start appreciating the benefits of court marriage.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Jadekitana(f): 7:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hahahaha cheesy ok o
ndujekwu:

I know am late.... pls learn igbo quickly... we have "the altar" to go to wink grin wink grin
Re: What Will You Do If Your Fiance Insists On No Court/church Marriage? by Jadekitana(f): 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
Lezzlie:

Lolz, Is there anything so heart-stoping in meeting me in the flesh and saying hi ?

Lol ofcourse it would be cool smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Your Wife Attain Orgasm(squirt)strictly For Married Folks / Couple Caught Doing It Inside A Car, While Their Child Watches Out [PHOTO] / See The Big Hipped And Fearfully Busty Lady That's Got Internet Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.