Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,912 members, 7,863,144 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:13 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11944856 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16216) (16217) (16218) (16219) (16220) (16221) (16222) ... (16356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 9:15am On May 26
Missing out of an U_17 world cup will cause a setback to the careers of some of our prodigies. Not sure of the qualification criteria but let the team at least try to finish 3rd, just in case it helps.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 9:21am On May 26
caprikon:
Missing out of an U_17 world cup will cause a setback to the careers of some of our prodigies. Not sure of the qualification criteria but let the team at least try to finish 3rd, just in case it helps.
Una dey make me laugh..๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Academies are selling players every month to clubs abroad. They did not go via the U17 route. Make una relax.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:47am On May 26
Meliforme:

Awaziem is a fine player.

Can you explain ๐Ÿ˜ฎ why he has always played for low level teams even descending to the Croatian league, from the retirement league of Turkey.

He had one season in France and nobody wanted him.

My view has always been that it is consistent outstanding top level performances in club and league that get you selected for the SE.

This " Fine player" what does that mean ๐Ÿง if na woman โ™€๏ธ U be, l go understand but ๐Ÿ˜” this one confuse me

Finally, was he outstanding in Boavista โ“Which is not a very good team it's low level ๐ŸŽš๏ธ poor quality.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:54am On May 26
Truidstarr:
Una dey make me laugh..๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Academies are selling players every month to clubs abroad. They did not go via the U17 route. Make una relax.

Which clubs are they selling them too and what leagues and what development framework has been set up and contractually agreed upon.

Or are the then sold and left to their own fate. Once the local academy has got the ๐Ÿค‘ money.

I know a few and I've been personally to a few and it's all about the money. Some will get by even have a career but not all.

I've been to Antwerp and I met so many footballers with dreams never realised ๐Ÿ˜จ or achieved, washing cars and some resorted to drugs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:54am On May 26
komekn:

You LIED again at NO TIME have I ever said I was part of some NFF instigated U17 screening exercise in London. You Lied

At NO TIME did I say Oviemuno and Ademola were part of a U17 Nigeria national team, you LIED.

There was a spurious chaotically organised screening exercise for Nigerian origin players in Europe, with some NFF instigation. I was very much aware of it even then l had doubts of the integrity of the process.

Your create LIES and then ascribe them to a person unknown to you. You are bitter acidic twisted and unrepentant bare faced LIAR.

It has suddenly turned to a spurious and chaotic organised screening because your point was found baseless and embellished with faslehood?

Now, tell me, did Ademola Lookman tell you that he attended that spurious chaotic organised screening and was rejected? Also, how did you find out that Ejaria or Ademola ever attended that screening? How also did you find out that Doherty was involved in organising that spurious chaotic screening?

Answer these simple questions Mr Komekn.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:17am On May 26
komekn:

Lookman and Ejaria were involved in the NFF shambolic shame of a recruitment for the U17 Eaglets but we're dropped. Why Egunje was at the heart of it all, not one iota of doubt.

They then were not selected Lookman and Ejaria were really not making any waves then.

Now we waited for them to become big first with Enclosed then remembered them. Is that how you forge honest and true relationships,

I will say it again we should be getting players before they blow, thay is what good quality scouting is about. Not jumping on the bandwagon when England starts to call them.

These players also look at the way previous players have been treated by the NFF and that leaves serious doubts.

Or do you think that it's only Salisu involved in Egunje in the NFF.

Consider how Sone Aluko, Hope Akpan have been treated.

Chriskel... receipts plenty.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:18am On May 26
TheGoodJoe:

If you bring Tosin to Manchester City today, he would be on the bench. That is why he left Manchester City in the first place.

I really don't know.

I've known him since he was 15 and he used to be a tall gangly not physical but fast CB. He wasn't good enough then and was never getting into the team.

But when he went on loan things changed he had got his Man โ™‚๏ธ body now and the day I bowed for him.

Was when Blackburn played Sheffield Wednesday and he physically bullied Dominic Iorfa and scored a bullet ๐Ÿš… header. I said small boy don turn man.

If he goes back ๐Ÿ”™ his game will evolve and maybe improve, he is more athletic than all Thier defenders maybe not so much Ajanji. But I think he would displace Stones over time. But it's all speculation.

For now he is wanted by several top teams don't be surprised if he ends up in Liverpool. Gomez and Konate are injury prone and Van Dyke is getting older.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:18am On May 26
komekn:

The reality deal is for Nigeria scouts yo discover players before they get known.

Ademola expressed clear interest to play for Nigeria when he hadn't made it same with Ovie Ejaria but what did the NFF do

Until we move away from the deal and settlement culture. Nothing will happen.
As you be Lookman's PA, when did Lookman expressed interest o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:22am On May 26
komekn:

What do you call talent?

For me talent is potential yet to be realised that needs to be nurtured and developed to become exceptional.

I have talked about the training regime in a lot of the top academies. Kick and rush has been buried and cremated in Englands top football academies it's now about the technical ability merged with athleticism.

Most indeed the larger majority of Nigerian youth players will seem very good in Nigeria. But on arrival in Europe will find huge gaps in their football education. As a consequence they will be lacking in technical ability, game strategy and management as well as decision making.

This is why after doing so well at youth level they just seem to fade away not attaining the higher levels in football.

In addition they end up playing youth football in the academy just to get up to the standard required.

With your proposition in the bold. How do you explain Ademola, Oviemuno, among others scouted at U17 but dropped as not being good enough. Within months they were playing first team football.

You could add Eze to that scouted but dropped.

Then all are remembered when they blow.

We can not get away from our DNA corruption it touches every facet of life in Nigeria. If there is a way to manipulate a situation for pecuniary benefits we will definitely take it. The NFF is not exempt.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:22am On May 26
Marjoribanks:
Manio is not better than either Ebenezer or Eletu!

The difference is Opportunity and place of birth!

Dude ๐Ÿ˜Ž be reasonable stop this.

It's like saying it's because I went to village school ๐ŸŽ’ and others went to Lekki British school.

That's why I don't know book ๐Ÿ“š

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:24am On May 26
komekn:

Your wrong .

Actually Ademola tried to play for the U17 Eaglets him alongside Oviemuno Ejaria. Both were not selected somehow.

It took less than 6 weeks for Zaha to get clearance from FIFA to play for CIV.
phew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:26am On May 26
mostob:

Eze was at Millwall a quintessential kick and Rush football โšฝ team. It's openly regarded as the most racist club in England.

Eze was released by Millwall at 16 and my good friend Chris Ramsay took him straight to QPR. Within 6months he was playing first team it's not JuJu but racism ๐Ÿ˜”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:35am On May 26
komekn:

You LIED again at NO TIME have I ever said I was part of some NFF instigated U17 screening exercise in London. You Lied

At NO TIME did I say Oviemuno and Ademola were part of a U17 Nigeria national team, you LIED.

There was a spurious chaotically organised screening exercise for Nigerian origin players in Europe, with some NFF instigation. I was very much aware of it even then l had doubts of the integrity of the process.

Your create LIES and then ascribe them to a person unknown to you. You are bitter acidic twisted and unrepentant bare faced LIAR.

Tell us how they wanted to be a part of the U17 as you claimed below;

komekn:

Your wrong .

Actually Ademola tried to play for the U17 Eaglets him alongside Oviemuno Ejaria. Both were not selected somehow.

It took less than 6 weeks for Zaha to get clearance from FIFA to play for CIV.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:38am On May 26
komekn:

Eze was at Millwall a quintessential kick and Rush football โšฝ team. It's openly regarded as the most racist club in England.

Eze was released by Millwall at 16 and my good friend Chris Ramsay took him straight to QPR. Within 6months he was playing first team it's not JuJu but racism ๐Ÿ˜”

He dun leave the point as usual go dey talk about his so called friend and racism. This boy is too cunning. grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:42am On May 26
BannedLarge:

Gorimapa at 20? Anyway, Iโ€™m not his parent to ascertain or cast aspersions on his age. BTW, I noticed that osimehn hasnโ€™t reposted any of his team mates win and Iโ€™m wondering if thatโ€™s a normal procedure? Last year, when he won the Seria A, he received lots of repost from some of his teammates
why you Dey find wetin not lost?. Leave Osimhen alone lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:44am On May 26
mostob:
phew

Now that he has been bursted, next thing he go disappear from this thread for days and wait for everything to die down, and he will reappear again.

Wuruwuru full this boy body grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 10:47am On May 26
I enjoy watching Italian serie A lately
I predict Juventus or AC Milan to win the league in 2025
No wonder theyโ€™ve been getting to the finals of 2nd and 3rd tier European competitions ahead of English teams
Atalanta won Europa cup
Fiorentina may just win Conference league

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:13am On May 26
ChrisKels:

Now that he has been bursted, next thing he go disappear from this thread for days and wait for everything to die down, and he will reappear again.

Wuruwuru full this boy body grin grin
grin grin grin

The guy na comedian. I don't know if na the bitter leaf soup dey affect am.
He should do quick and come back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 11:13am On May 26
We won't develop our u17 and u21 but when we see u17 and u21 that other countries developed, we start dreaming of luring them over.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:38am On May 26
Former #Nigeria international midfielder @SeyiOlofinjana joins the growing list of Africans with UEFA Pro licence - the highest coaching qualification in European football.

Olofinjana also holds two master's degrees - as a sports director and a project manager.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 11:51am On May 26
komekn:

Which clubs are they selling them too and what leagues and what development framework has been set up and contractually agreed upon.

Or are the then sold and left to their own fate. Once the local academy has got the ๐Ÿค‘ money.

I know a few and I've been personally to a few and it's all about the money. Some will get by even have a career but not all.

I've been to Antwerp and I met so many footballers with dreams never realised ๐Ÿ˜จ or achieved, washing cars and some resorted to drugs.
At least out of every 20 sold 5 will make it at least.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:53am On May 26
komekn:

I really don't know.

I've known him since he was 15 and he used to be a tall gangly not physical but fast CB. He wasn't good enough then and was never getting into the team.

But when he went on loan things changed he had got his Man โ™‚๏ธ body now and the day I bowed for him.

Was when Blackburn played Sheffield Wednesday and he physically bullied Dominic Iorfa and scored a bullet ๐Ÿš… header. I said small boy don turn man.

If he goes back ๐Ÿ”™ his game will evolve and maybe improve, he is more athletic than all Thier defenders maybe not so much Ajanji. But I think he would displace Stones over time. But it's all speculation.

For now he is wanted by several top teams don't be surprised if he ends up in Liverpool. Gomez and Konate are injury prone and Van Dyke is getting older.

I think Tosin will displace John Stones. Stones is positional deficient and is far better a defensive midfielder. However, he won't displace Ake, Dias, Gvardiol or Akanji. So I see him a definite bencher at Manchester City.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:54am On May 26
Truidstarr:
Academies selling players has nothing to do with this,
continual missing out out of age grade competition will affect the proper progress of these young players.

Good showing at the world cup will attract better clubs with good developmental programs than the academy players.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:57am On May 26
mostob:
The only thing preventing FA from stripping you of those trophies is the relationship between UAE and UK.

BTW, your superstar team couldn't beat a depleted United side.... two teenagers scored to sink your multimillionaire squad.

Since 2012 to date, we have won the EPL 8 times, FA Cup 3 times, EFL Cup 4 times, Champions League 1, UEFA Super Cup 1 and World Club Cup 1. Losing an FA Cup final will not give us an atom of worries. Manchester United can celebrate, while we look forward.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 12:01pm On May 26
Napoleon55:

Academies selling players has nothing to do with this,
continual missing out out of age grade competition will affect the proper progress of these young players.

Good showing at the world cup will attract better clubs with good developmental programs than the academy players.
All this one na English bros.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:02pm On May 26
Joezinho:

Show me one final zizou had stinker.

I don't know what you are fretting. We were the better side. We lost because we didn't take our chances. De Bruyne even created a good goal scoring opportunity. He was not as bad as you are trying to make it. We had a good season. De Bruyne created the most assists in the EPL again, even though he missed almost half the season to injury. He did well. You don't judge a player with one game. Even though it is a final.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:04pm On May 26
Truidstarr:
All this one na English bros.

Not English. Napoleon55 is right to an extent. With a good preparation, selection and performance in age grade tourneys, we have the opportunity of getting some good/special talents into quality environment for development. This is a good recipe for success and having high quality players in the near future.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 12:12pm On May 26
I hope the news regarding Kayode is not true, because if so, he will start applying Diddy principle and the outcome will be devastating.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:13pm On May 26
jihday:
lies wonโ€™t get you anywhere

Lies will get you very FAR ๐Ÿ˜” depending on where you are going ๐Ÿ˜‰, let's assume you are a Nigerian politician.

You have passed your exam with A๐ŸŒŸ

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 12:13pm On May 26
TheGoodJoe:

Not English. Napoleon55 is right to an extent. With a good preparation, selection and performance in age grade tourneys, we have the opportunity of getting some good/special talents into quality environment for development. This is a good recipe for success and having high quality players in the near future.
We take 23 players to a tournament what percentage eventually makes it? About 15%. Many do not adapt, lack resilience and are frustrated due to lack of playing time and dreams they were sold to make it big time. The same percentage that will make it from the academies. Going to an U17 world cup does not guarantee future โ€œhigh qualityโ€ players. People should not make it sound as if when we miss out of an U17 tournament our future is dead. That is a wrong assumption.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 12:18pm On May 26
NFF responsible for U17 failures

How can you appoint a coach less than a month to a major competition

How can you start screening 50 players less than 3 weeks

How can you get them gell as a team

Preparation should have started over one year ago

Now they will blame Manu Garba for the failure when they never started early

We need to go back to national u13, U15 and U17 regional and national competition

That was what produce the like of Kelechi iheanacho ECT we still have his U13 pictures

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:19pm On May 26
Truidstarr:
We take 23 players to a tournament what percentage eventually makes it? About 15%. Many do not adapt, lack resilience and are frustrated due to lack of playing time and dreams they were sold to make it big time. The same percentage that will make it from the academies. Going to an U17 world cup does not guarantee future โ€œhigh qualityโ€ players. People should not make it sound as if when we miss out of an U17 tournament our future is dead. That is a wrong assumption.

Agreed ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ’ฏ

Where are the outstanding players in that tournament of 2009. LIke teenagers Stanley Okoro, Fortune Chukwudi, Terry Envoy, etc

Development really begins in your league and club but actually first in your HEAD ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ.Is your head small enough to take correction or you think you have arrived and head ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ too big to learn and take correction.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16216) (16217) (16218) (16219) (16220) (16221) (16222) ... (16356) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zicky(m), mekabuachi, Melvinity, villagereporter(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.