Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900714 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Cobiss: 11:21pm On May 13, 2016
Thanks dear

chikos:

Those Lufthansa pple are crazy sometimes. If ur hospital will collect money before they give u the fit to fly, don't bother. Just be at the airport early enough and collect from port health cos they might still insist u get from them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Christyline: 11:21pm On May 13, 2016
Thank you. This is really helpful.

Yes, a public notary is accepted. That was what I used. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 12:31am On May 14, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

So all the 2018 people will re evaluate their plan o as the story dey change day by day
Cc:Nef
Chloe
na 2018 visa go expire cheesy so na to go before visa expire grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 1:22am On May 14, 2016
happytbaby:
So I heard about one hospital with a maternity package of total cost usd4,200. Being the researcher that I was I began checkinf hospital ranking, area and other information. On the hospital website, i saw information below. It was one of the causes that people were being asked to donate for.

Your gift will support our comprehensive prenatal and maternity care program for underinsured and uninsured pregnant women that will ensure safe delivery of healthy babies.

Please help me interpret. I have asked hubby too and he came to the same conclusion as I did. But I shall wait una verdict.
That quote is incomplete. One cannot really say which gift is being referred to.
But the only thing I'm sure of is that they have a programme for poor people. Whether the programme is for Everybody cannot be seen from this excerpt.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by itzaYES: 2:00am On May 14, 2016
Moyetty:

Hello, what date are u travelling? Am also travelling at about that time with the same airline... Send me a msg here mosheeda28@gmail.com let's talk
Hello Moyetty I will be going to dallas second week in June if it's possible I will like us to kip in touch. I have also Pmed you smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by itzaYES: 2:07am On May 14, 2016
Please any Mama travelling in June to dallas should Pls Pm me so we can kip in touch.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 2:14am On May 14, 2016
Xenadarl:
Congrats to all the new mums, we give thanks to God for His Mercies.
Had quite a day today.
left Delaware today via train to Washington after booking appointments online at both the US passport office (there's none in Delaware) and the Nigerian consulate.
Had posted my $77 money order to the address requested as instructed on the Nigerian immigration site and printed out my acknowledgement receipt a week ago and had been firing prayers for God's grace on the sojourn.
So me n the LO woke up @4am, LO well fed and wrapped placed in car seat and off we go to the train station. Left the amtrak station at Wilmington, Delaware at 6.30am arrived washington dc at 8.20am. Took the subway to Washington DC US passport office arrived about an hour l8r. Within anoda hour baby's documents had been processed and we were asked to come for collection the next day, pleaded with the lady who attended to me that I needed to collect it that day as I don't live in DC and she goes like, OMG, you came all the way from Delaware! Not a problem, happy to do that for you ma'am. Pls come back today by 2.30pm for your daughters' passport.
Off we head to the Nigerian Consulate which was 20mins away by Uber. Me-een, DC traffic no be here!
We arrive there abt 11.30am, processed our documents within 30mins. About an hour l8r we were called for capturing, they really took care of those with kids, their service was really good, surpassed my expectations by far!
After that we were asked to wait for collection but nor told how long we would have to wait. Naija style. Was beginning to worry cos the lady at the US passport office told me to make sure to get there b4 3pm as they close at that time and as I said b4 DC traffic ain't funny. But suprisingly shortly b4 2pm the passports we ready. You need to have seen me grinning ear to ear.
Off we head again catch anoda uber back to the US passport office and collect our blue passport.
Both passports collected same day b4 3pm, could only be God!
By then this breastfeeding mama was starving we walked 6mins to good ol' Mcdonalds had a good meal and even had time to ride on the DC tour bus and see the sights b4 heading home to Delaware.
When I told my host my plan she was doubtful weather I could accomplish all in one day even I was too but I trusted God and He saw me through. Wasn't easy o, as I was alone but He was faithful.

Pls did u use cash or card to buy the money order?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 2:45am On May 14, 2016
Hello house .thank God my princess arrived yesterday tru a C-SECTION sadly she is not too strong weight 2kg,low sugar level on &off and she is eating only tru pipe from her nostrile cos she can't suck bottle for now my breast milk is not even flowing and she has jaundice so she is in NICU.pls house abeg how much is der cost who has experienced dis b4 asper how much dey will charge at d end of the all intensive care.urgent reply pls.cos our budget was VD now it turned to CS b4 baby issue resulted to NICU and dey won't discharge baby until she is fully recovered. I thank God she is active not weak.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by EhmWon: 3:20am On May 14, 2016
blaize777:
Hello house .thank God my princess arrived yesterday tru a C-SECTION sadly she is not too strong weight 2kg,low sugar level on &off and she is eating only tru pipe from her nostrile cos she can't suck bottle for now my breast milk is not even flowing and she has jaundice so she is in NICU.pls house abeg how much is der cost who has experienced dis b4 asper how much dey will charge at d end of the all intensive care.urgent reply pls.cos our budget was VD now it turned to CS b4 baby issue resulted to NICU and dey won't discharge baby until she is fully recovered. I thank God she is active not weak.
Congrats on the arrival of your baby. May God keep her. Sorry I don't have the requested info though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 3:25am On May 14, 2016
Congratulations on the birth of your princess!
Please try not to worry about the bills, God will sort you out beyond your imagination

quote author=blaize777 post=45601421]Hello house .thank God my princess arrived yesterday tru a C-SECTION sadly she is not too strong weight 2kg,low sugar level on &off and she is eating only tru pipe from her nostrile cos she can't suck bottle for now my breast milk is not even flowing and she has jaundice so she is in NICU.pls house abeg how much is der cost who has experienced dis b4 asper how much dey will charge at d end of the all intensive care.urgent reply pls.cos our budget was VD now it turned to CS b4 baby issue resulted to NICU and dey won't discharge baby until she is fully recovered. I thank God she is active not weak.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 3:43am On May 14, 2016
Congrats Blaize. We thank God for mercies say Nicu and not nepa failure you see. Fear not. He that started the good work is able to complete it.
Shebi na bill? Last last u fashion a payment plan. Drink lots of pap. By the time is ready to. Suck, u too will be ready.
Kisses to your LO

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by johnkent(m): 4:08am On May 14, 2016
blaize777:

An average stay in the NICU is about $3000 per day!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 4:20am On May 14, 2016
johnkent:

u dey talk insurance am talking of self paid patient more ova d nicu is inside d hospital wat I even hrd is 500 per day but dey offer discounts to self paid patients I just want to reconfirm who ve used WHMC and der baby ended up in der intensive unit(NICU) .do u know wat is 3000 dollars per nite abi sleep dey ur eyes

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by yokus(f): 4:45am On May 14, 2016
God is in control. She will get better by His grace, stop worrying bout the bill for now dear.
blaize777:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Beryl15: 4:50am On May 14, 2016
blaize777:

u dey talk insurance am talking of self paid patient more ova d nicu is inside d hospital wat I even hrd is 500 per day but dey offer discounts to self paid patients I just want to reconfirm who ve used WHMC and der baby ended up in der intensive unit(NICU) .do u know wat is 3000 dollars per nite abi sleep dey ur eyes
Pls don't mind him Abeg, I'm sure he got that info from Google. His type wake up and think they can just type anything.
Congrats on the birth of your baby mama. God bless and speedy recovery for her IJN.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 4:56am On May 14, 2016
johnkent:

Thank u sir! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 5:10am On May 14, 2016
@blaize777,

Congratulations on your LO.

@johnkent,

U an alien or wat?? Biko gerarahia and proffer solutions not add BP to d New mum

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 5:15am On May 14, 2016
blaize777:

Congrats on the birth of your baby.dont worry about anything for now cos u need the energy. There is nothing u can do about the bill except to ask for a payment plan if the cash u have can't cover. U need ur strength to take care of the baby. If u have manual breastfeeding pump, use it and see if u can get the milk flowing. Once she starts ducking, I believe she will gain weight. A beg rest now cos u need am.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 5:27am On May 14, 2016
happytbaby:
So I heard about one hospital with a maternity package of total cost usd4,200. Being the researcher that I was I began checkinf hospital ranking, area and other information. On the hospital website, i saw information below. It was one of the causes that people were being asked to donate for.

Your gift will support our comprehensive prenatal and maternity care program for underinsured and uninsured pregnant women that will ensure safe delivery of healthy babies.

Please help me interpret. I have asked hubby too and he came to the same conclusion as I did. But I shall wait una verdict.

Charity... not same as govt aid. Na private aid

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by olokings(m): 5:28am On May 14, 2016
cool grin
Pls allow me be bus conductor...

Dallas! Dallas!!.... all aboard!!!!!

itzaYES:
Please any Mama travelling in June to dallas should Pls Pm me so we can kip in touch.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MommaT: 5:40am On May 14, 2016
blaize777:

Congrats! I pray for speedy recovery for you both, God who brought her out alive will keep her. I think your hospital should be cheaper BUT my friend's baby in a Maryland NICU hospital cost them $2700 per day asides drugs et al, she was self pay and this was 2014.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Cmeo(m): 5:42am On May 14, 2016
Pls house, does ob/gyn package fee usually cover mother doctor's visit 2 week of post-delivery?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Vlesparza: 5:57am On May 14, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 5:59am On May 14, 2016
blaize777:

Thank God for safe delivery. And thank God you had this baby in US. They won't discharge her till she weighs above 2.5kg, that can take frm 1 to 3 weeks. I'm not trying to scare you but breathe easy and take each day as it comes.

As for the NICU bills, it's an average of $1000 a day to be inside that bottle, minus other treatment. But don't worry about it, payment plan will suffice after negotiations.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 6:02am On May 14, 2016
blaize777:

*falls off guava tree* @ sleep de ur eyes

Ds woman won't use laugh kill me ooo! Don't worry about d bill my sister. Once baby is fine, God will sort it out

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 6:03am On May 14, 2016
olokings:
cool grin
Pls allow me be bus conductor...

Dallas! Dallas!!.... all aboard!!!!!

My able wing man!!! Howdy!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by olokings(m): 6:08am On May 14, 2016
Ayam foine...
Just doing more of background reading and gleaning new information where necessary.

How's Ramsey et al. Kudos

nefertitiram:

My able wing man!!! Howdy!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 6:30am On May 14, 2016
Congrats dear....please worry not. God is still on the throne.

blaize777:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 6:31am On May 14, 2016
Lobatan! cheesy and u know dis because?

johnkent:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Moyetty: 7:06am On May 14, 2016
Any one travelling to Dallas ending of this month? Holla at me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Moyetty: 7:07am On May 14, 2016
itzaYES:

Hello Moyetty I will be going to dallas second week in June if it's possible I will like us to kip in touch. I have also Pmed you smiley

Wow. Think will leave before you ooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TeeteeK: 7:16am On May 14, 2016
feddy27:

Nice one. Welcome on board smiley

Where do u plan goin to?

Texas or LA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.