Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,174 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898042 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Popri(f): 8:30am On Jun 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Austine
Without any other info from u, I'll torchlight the following issues
1. The mood of the vo
2. The manner wherein your wife answered
3. Her actual answer. I will elucidate a bit here.
' I went for 2 weeks but since I was stamped 6 months I now stayed back visiting friends and what not. IMO that shows she had no serious ties in Nigeria. She could change her plans at the drop of a hat. Clearly, she had no job to run back to. Maybe she even took paid employment whil there #inthevo'svoice. She could even afford to stay2 months away from her husband that is s'posed to be a tie.
Who's to say she has not made arrangements to now stay forever now.
4. Again I think her whole answer was flippant. It could rub of wrong on a bad 'mooded'

Anytime she's reapplying, she has to have it in mind to prove strong home ties and that she did not work while in the us
You too much LG

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NaijaMama: 9:45am On Jun 15, 2016
ai100:
please is Gtbank still working and what rate is first and stanbic now

Stanbic is 315. I don't know about 1st bank but it's way more expensive
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:04am On Jun 15, 2016
Austine2020:
I thought as much, because my father inlaw and mother in law even stayed for 5 months plus on two occasions and still renew theirs in lagos via Dropbox. but if something was flagged,why cant they tell her or ask her the thing,so that she can explain. .Because am very sure that she has used her visa very well without any hindrance and abide by their rules all along,only for her to be refused in this unexpected way. I am even shocked and confused when she called me to tell me this. With this kind of refusal, am even tired to tell her to reapply. I havent seen this kind of refusal before,denying someone just for no reason. I will tell her to reapply,but there is no time,because i wanted them to travel for vacation this summer when my kids will have long vacation but the earliest date i saw today was 26 of july.

I hope you understand my purpose in this post. To renew your mind so madam can have a transformed attitude for the nnext interview. And not to make u feel bad or anything.
Every case is treated differently. Though the circumstance may seem similar, they can never be. I can point out some from the scenario u posted
Mil and FIL , how long did they declare they were staying? What was the purpose of the trip? Shebi they were there together? Then you consider their ages. The likelihood of them hustling or getting into an arranged marriage is low.
Again, you have to realise that each vo has been empowered to grant or deny visas based on certain yardsticks PLUS instinct and discretion. So the discretion could be wrong or right, but by their standards, its allowed.
It would have been a different case if she had said I'm staying 5 months or by the purpose of the trip a longer stay becomes justifiable egs childbirth or a business meeting that dragged on. They do not want anybody to feel, I have avisa hence I can stay as i want. So once u come to that realisation u understand the importance of declaring your purpose and length of stay correctly.

@popri I'm blushing. I thank thee grin

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by desoul: 10:20am On Jun 15, 2016
hi house...as the CBN is set to announce the new flexible exchange rate policy today..can someone explain to me in a simple English how it is going to affect our search for BTA. both negatively and positively..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 10:45am On Jun 15, 2016
desoul:
hi house...as the CBN is set to announce the new flexible exchange rate policy today..can someone explain to me in a simple English how it is going to affect our search for BTA. both negatively and positively..
Positive: PTA would become easier to get
Negative: 'CBN' rate is no longer 199naira...it's now whatever the bank 'decides' to sell at
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by desoul: 11:09am On Jun 15, 2016
sugah:

Negative: 'CBN' rate is no longer 199naira...it's now whatever the bank 'decides' to sell at
easy and simple...thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 11:27am On Jun 15, 2016
[quote author=sugah post=46537573]

Hactually I hear the pain for CS isnt as bad as that for Myomectomy (Fibroid surgery). So I should be able to 'chest' the CS pain too...by Gods grace.[/quote

I have done Cs two times, did not feel much pain.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 12:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
feddy27:
Congrats Toknow! More favor all the way

Amen, thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
I use it a lot and it doesnt change. Hoping it stays the same or I will give them serz trouble!

ijeomaobi1:
@isysleek,

Abeg check Ur statement like some weeks later. UBA behaves like MTN from my observation.

Moreover,CBN has stopped usage of naira cards outside the borders of naija. cry

Haba udiboy,

How can u be boy and be female? Suspicion no 1. Then u ask us for information and u want to extort us!!!. Oga gba break
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tablesturn: 1:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
Hello blank, are you referring to StanChart Naira cards only or does this include stan chart foreign cards (USD and GBP)?
blank:

StanChart does not work outside Nigeria since the 31st of May 2016.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by telias: 2:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
tablesturn:
Hello blank, are you referring to StanChart Naira cards only or does this include stan chart foreign cards (USD and GBP)?

Foreign denominated cards will work. Na you source for the fx yourself at whatever rate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blank(f): 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
tablesturn:

Naira cards. Don't know about their forex cards as i do not have a dorm account with them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
I remember someone talking about credit card....
How does it work? I mean credit card in dollars...

Ladyguinivere
Nefertitiram

I know both of u will have answers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I hope you understand my purpose in this post. To renew your mind so madam can have a transformed attitude for the nnext interview. And not to make u feel bad or anything.
Every case is treated differently. Though the circumstance may seem similar, they can never be. I can point out some from the scenario u posted
Mil and FIL , how long did they declare they were staying? What was the purpose of the trip? Shebi they were there together? Then you consider their ages. The likelihood of them hustling or getting into an arranged marriage is low.
Again, you have to realise that each vo has been empowered to grant or deny visas based on certain yardsticks PLUS instinct and discretion. So the discretion could be wrong or right, but by their standards, its allowed.
It would have been a different case if she had said I'm staying 5 months or by the purpose of the trip a longer stay becomes justifiable egs childbirth or a business meeting that dragged on. They do not want anybody to feel, I have avisa hence I can stay as i want. So once u come to that realisation u understand the importance of declaring your purpose and length of stay correctly.

@popri I'm blushing. I thank thee grin

Nne u sure say we no go submit ut cv for work at d embassy? He he he he he. Nairaland VO.
(In Chigurls voice)
Ya papa spend better money and e no waste.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
sugah:

Well ts jst a douvle edged sword really and could swing anyways.
A) since theres no regulation banks and any individuals willing to sell can quote a price that suits dem.
B) if we receive foreign direct investments as is speculated as being the reason for the policy change then d market is controlled by investors and trust me...no matter how they couch their philanthropy, no businessman is here to count bridges.
Meaning they call d shots.
C) its supposed to edge out mallams as dollars is expected to yapa in d market. (The speculation is that people will unload their dollars for fear of a loss from market crash. So alot of people will be willing to selloff their stash for a slightly lower price dan N360-$1 before the price drops). However it could work d oda way. These mallams hav Godfathers who will mop up d market and we still end up buying from mallams.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by donugapi(m): 3:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
Heard CBN just unveiled the new FX policy.. Anyone with detailed knowledge of how the new system would work should please share...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 3:47pm On Jun 15, 2016
firsttymum:
I remember someone talking about credit card....
How does it work? I mean credit card in dollars...

Ladyguinivere
Nefertitiram

I know both of u will have answers
Hmmmm. Na high jump u put me here o nn! grin
I ceased work at the bank 3years ago but if I recollect...
You apply. It goes through an approval based on your profile and a spending limit given. Mind u, its a difficult process. If u have a dollar card then u have to settle in dollars at the end of the cycle. 45 days I believe

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 3:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
Ajujuju2:

Nne u sure say we no go submit ut cv for work at d embassy? He he he he he. Nairaland VO.
(In Chigurls voice)
Ya papa spend better money and e no waste.
Nwanne na God o! I wish to say NL dey pay me salary cheesy
Chaie if embassy employ me, every nairalander go get birthingvisa . Lolz

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 6:00pm On Jun 15, 2016
NaijaMama:

Stanbic is 315. I don't know about 1st bank but it's way more expensive

Check when u use it cos it's now 335

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
chikos:

Haba embarassed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 7:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Austine
Without any other info from u, I'll torchlight the following issues
1. The mood of the vo
2. The manner wherein your wife answered
3. Her actual answer. I will elucidate a bit here.
' I went for 2 weeks but since I was stamped 6 months I now stayed back visiting friends and what not.' IMO that shows she had no serious ties in Nigeria. She could change her plans at the drop of a hat. Clearly, she had no job to run back to. Maybe she even took paid employment whil there #inthevo'svoice. She could even afford to stay2 months away from her husband that is s'posed to be a tie.
Who's to say she has not made arrangements to now stay forever now.
4. Again I think her whole answer was flippant. It could rub of wrong on a bad 'mooded' vo

Wayforward
Anytime she's reapplying, she has to have it in mind to prove strong home ties and that she did not work while in the us
Thanks Lady G for the advice,. but she has enough strong ties with her 2 kids and her husband at home, our original marriage certificate, Our wedding and family pictures,her work appointment letter and pay slips, i even told her to go there with my company documents including my company statement of account and her own personal statements of account,all with good flow in and out of cash and a big balance afterall. All those things were not asked, just those 2 or 3 things that i wrote. I will just say that she fell in the hand of a wicked visa officer who woke up in a bad mood that day,if not,this couldn't have happened.But i have taken it in good faith and i have told her to reapply. she came back today,then tomorrow she will start the process of reapplying.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 8:17pm On Jun 15, 2016
^^^oga Austine2020 her answer "I was stamped for 6months so I decided to stay for 2 months instead of 2weeks" does not really support the strong ties IMO. If she could tell the VO she 'just changed her mind' about how long she was staying just because she was stamped in for 6months don't you think the VO wouldn't see the kids as a strong enough tie? Or was she with the kids on that trip? Was she with her whole family?

She changed her mind on a wimp. She can decide not to return to Nigeria at all on her next trip......

That's what I think anyways.... I wasn't the VO.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by abbeykun: 8:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
IMO i feel you are not keeping an open mind. Or why did you ask for advise or tots in the first place if you won't wanna see reason with them?
I understand how you feel, but i think you should try look at this from a neutral perspective where Lady G n co advised from.
It may as well have been how you speculated as vo being in a bad mood (but remember, you weren't there).

Rather than insist on your opinion, why not take the several advice you got and ensure they are better prepared for next time should you/ she reapply.

And as per reapplying, i think i've read somewhere before for one to wait for a period of X- days (can't remember the duration again) before reapplying so as to properly have proofs of what changed between the last interview and the current one.

All the best...
Austine2020:
Thanks Lady G for the advice,. but she has enough strong ties with her 2 kids and her husband at home, our original marriage certificate, Our wedding and family pictures,her work appointment letter and pay slips, i even told her to go there with my company documents including my company statement of account and her own personal statements of account,all with good flow in and out of cash and a big balance afterall. All those things were not asked, just those 2 or 3 things that i wrote. I will just say that she fell in the hand of a wicked visa officer who woke up in a bad mood that day,if not,this couldn't have happened.But i have taken it in good faith and i have told her to reapply. she came back today,then tomorrow she will start the process of reapplying.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 9:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
abbeykun:
IMO i feel you are not keeping an open mind. Or why did you ask for advise or tots in the first place if you won't wanna see reason with them?
I understand how you feel, but i think you should try look at this from a neutral perspective where Lady G n co advised from.
It may as well have been how you speculated as vo being in a bad mood (but remember, you weren't there).
But i have already thanked Lady G for her advice before saying what i said. That shows that i accepted her advice. Anyways,thank u as well for your contribution. I think she can reapply now,because the earliest date for appointment is still far(ending of July).

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 9:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
sugah:
^^^oga Austine2020 her answer "I was stamped for 6months so I decided to stay for 2 months instead of 2weeks" does not really support the strong ties IMO. If she could tell the VO she 'just changed her mind' about how long she was staying just because she was stamped in for 6months don't you think the VO wouldn't see the kids as a strong enough tie? Or was she with the kids on that trip? Was she with her whole family?

She changed her mind on a wimp. She can decide not to return to Nigeria at all on her next trip......

That's what I think anyways.... I wasn't the VO.
My kids traveled with her on that first trip,but they travel with their European passports not visas. But i didnt travel with them. Note,that was her first trip in 2014 and she later traveled in 2015 alone without my kids.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ezigbozi: 10:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
Ajujuju2:

First Oakbend isnt in sugar land. Ts in Richmond. But depending on what part of sugarland u r in, ts abt 15 mins or less.

Secondly i dunno abt the price u got and fortunately i paid the old price bcz i registered before april. so cnt b of mch help either.

Thirdly i used Dr Z and he was fantastic. Hes office is right in the hospital complex. Doctors pavillion.
Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot,I have just received the mail for the recent bill from Dr. Z's office and I'm currently reviewing it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 10:47pm On Jun 15, 2016
chikos:

shocked just yesterday it was still 315 nawaa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 10:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
ozycy:

shocked just yesterday it was still 315 nawaa
315 still but fluctuating....

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by julzz(f): 10:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
temyb:
God has been faithful oooo. My twins are no more on oxygen support. Saw them today and the nurses were like they are doing way too fast than their age. Before nko, I married an ijesha man not oyinbo man.
I had to scream it to them to stop calling me for medic aid am not intrested. It was later their over head boss stylishly called me to one side and it's true,I shouldn't collect it. That they are just forcing me but I should make sure I don't. At first, they were like no payment plan bla bla bla just to make me collect but when me and the over head financial boss spoke she was like sure we can work things out.
Am just trying to relax well. Please any mom still planning to share apartment around fort Worth dallas. Want to be closer to my babies. Twice in a week is not enough for me,
God has been faithful oooo,I appreciate God

My prayers are with you,be strong. Meanwhile have you tried bus route it's cheaper since cabs will be expensive considering distance, you could explore that option while waiting to get a closer accommodation, just to get to see ur babies more.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by julzz(f): 11:02pm On Jun 15, 2016
julzz:
Hello all, pls I'm seeking advice for someone. So the wife of my husband's friend called explaining her case to me as per I've given birth in the U.S that she heard pregnant woman are being bounced back to naija from the airport, it turned out her case is clear ''Misrepresentation'' ,she was asked during interview if she was pregnant and she denied, now she wants to travel and birth, then someone told her to send letter to the embassy, well I told her her visa could be revoked as I've read here but I really don't know what to tell her, pls those that misrepresented how did it turn out or any suggestions as to remedy this.....thanks.

No reply sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by JADESOLA15: 11:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
sugah:

OK. To clear the air on the new forex regime, there is nothing like official rate anymore.
CBN will only participate occasionally, they have appointed primary dealers.
With this new regime that will start on Monday, anyone can work to any bank or primary dealers and buy FX at the rate that market forces will determine.

The rate could be 250 today and 400 the following day.

BDC guys and the abokis would close shop soon cos no one will be patronising them.

For intending America mamas, it's going to be mixed feelings, BTA/PTA will be probably be abolished. While your Form A will no longer be at the rate of 199 or whatever, it will now be determined by market forces of demand and supply.

I hope it's clear a bit for my people here.......

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by JADESOLA15: 11:33pm On Jun 15, 2016
julzz:

No reply sad

OK. We have been there, and it turned out bad. In our own case, nothing like pregnancy during interview, pregnancy came 4months after visa was issued. We couldn't travel for vacation due to father inlaw's sickness (later died) and burial.
We decided to give birth in Yankee, tried to process visa for mama, na dia katakata happen. Told mama to say na childbirth she wants follow go do. Naso VO said we lied during interview. To cut long story short they called all of us for interview and guess what after few discussion visas were cancelled.

Be guided, let her use the Visa for the actual purpose first.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.