Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,460 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898754 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 6:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
Udiboy:

Nerfertitiram, please can you email me at match_15@yahoo.com.
I want to ask about emirate flight and how yo go about applying for Dubai connect
Thanks

What I did was harass the living daylight out of customer care. Just have your passport numbers handy when you call them.

Holla me for cheap tickets! grin I've found one crazy deal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cfcchick: 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
Oyin2:
wow!!!!! 274.20!
please when is your travel date. i hear your travel date should be at 2 weeks to your application for it to be considered.

My travel date is next week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Onlineise(m): 6:40pm On Jun 16, 2016
JADESOLA15:

OK. To clear the air on the new forex regime, there is nothing like official rate anymore.
CBN will only participate occasionally, they have appointed primary dealers.
With this new regime that will start on Monday, anyone can work to any bank or primary dealers and buy FX at the rate that market forces will determine.

The rate could be 250 today and 400 the following day.

BDC guys and the abokis would close shop soon cos no one will be patronising them.

For intending America mamas, it's going to be mixed feelings, BTA/PTA will be probably be abolished. While your Form A will no longer be at the rate of 199 or whatever, it will now be determined by market forces of demand and supply.

I hope it's clear a bit for my people here.......

@ALL,

Just so we don't mix things up.
1, Not anyone can walk into the bank and request FX, you will still need valid documents to support your request and also the transaction you are pursing must be one of the approved transactions as per CBN regulations.

2, The Mallams will still remain very active because like the CBN governor said there are still 41 Items excluded from the interbank window meaning if you are one of the people bringing in any of these 41 items, you can meet aboki for ur FX as you won't qualify for interbank.

3, We will still have BTA/PTA pecked at $5000 and $4000 respectively cause even when our foreign reserve was flowing like honey wel had it pecked for control purpose. So with interbank regime, it will be alot easier to access unlike the past 16months but it won't be abolished.

So Mamas here is how to survive it and save some money...the IOCs often sell FX to the banks and these sales should resume again as they can now get more Naira via the interbank system unlike in the past 16months where banks are not allowed to buy at a margin over CBN official rate. Whenever you hear in the news that CBN intervened or any IOC sold money....call your account officer and push your demand forcefully cos those are the points in this regime that you will get a fair rate.

And for those of us that love to buy from bank via PTA/BTA/Transfer or whatever and sell to Aboki and become millionaire overnight...eeeeyah market dun close, na change dey there now.

#MyTwoKobo

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Maggie0133: 7:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
Dear Oga, pls I'll pm u
Onlineise:

@ALL,

Just so we don't mix things up.
1, Not anyone can walk into the bank and request FX, you will still need valid documents to support your request and also the transaction you are pursing must be one of the approved transactions as per CBN regulations.

2, The Mallams will still remain very active because like the CBN governor said there are still 41 Items excluded from the interbank window meaning if you are one of the people bringing in any of these 41 items, you can meet aboki for ur FX as you won't qualify for interbank.

3, We will still have BTA/PTA pecked at $5000 and $4000 respectively cause even when our foreign reserve was flowing like honey wel had it pecked for control purpose. So with interbank regime, it will be alot easier to access unlike the past 16months but it won't be abolished.

So Mamas here is how to survive it and save some money...the IOCs often sell FX to the banks and these sales should resume again as they can now get more Naira via the interbank system unlike in the past 16months where banks are not allowed to buy at a margin over CBN official rate. Whenever you hear in the news that CBN intervened or any IOC sold money....call your account officer and push your demand forcefully cos those are the points in this regime that you will get a fair rate.

And for those of us that love to buy from bank via PTA/BTA/Transfer or whatever and sell to Aboki and become millionaire overnight...eeeeyah market dun close, na change dey there now.

#MyTwoKobo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ChicMalkia: 7:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
Nef I have sent you a pm...pls reply, thanks

nefertitiram:

What I did was harass the living daylight out of customer care. Just have your passport numbers handy when you call them.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2016
@ Lady G : I hail o.
@ TheleakyTribe : Congrats dear. We thank everything ended well. You forgot to add the stolen dollars to the list of challenges. But seriously women are a lot stronger than men!
@ EvaMD : Pele, whichever one you choose, all will be well. You can get correspondence from other hospitals though, you dont neccessarily have to use that hospitak except you are planning to stay with someone around there.

@ Onlineise : una try with una breakdown. Thank God i listened to my people and did Form A o, I also thank God for the small dollars I got from my initial hustle which i started immediately God blessed us with this pregnancy....by now hubby for don tell me to abandon this second missionary journey.

My people: how do you quote multiple posts at the same time?

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Enyinne(f): 8:42pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hello, everyone. I can see the thread is going well. More grease to ur elbow.
I want to renew my visa using dropbox but am confuse. Do I need to add letter of invitation to it again.pls kindly assist on this question
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
Wey dem?!?! shocked grin grin

Did somebody say cheap ticket?

Hollaaaaa!!!!

Biko throw info come my side nah?!?!

nefertitiram:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 8:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
Welcome home babe!
Congrats on a successful journey and may God bless your LO.

TheLeakyTribe:
I would like to thank everyone on this thread for their support through my second missionary journey, for keeping me entertained and for helping with solutions whenever needed. I returned to naija on Tuesday evening. It has been God all the way. I will share my testimony though this may be a long read (bear with me)

This pregnancy was a tough one for me and I thank God for how it all ended in praise. In the first 3 months I was bleeding and on weekly injections to sustain the pregnancy due to multiple uterine fibroids. At 11 weeks several doctors advised that I put in a cerclage to help me carry to term. Two days before I was to get the cerclage, my then 18 month old suffered 2nd degree burns in an accident and was admitted at the hospital for 3 weeks. I told God please spare my son's life, this one that I've known and nurtured, if you must take one, let it be the one in my womb. I didn't get the cerclage and I managed till January and everything normalised. Only rotimi get to the US and hear again about spots on the baby's heart from an ultrasound. The devil tried to frustrate me throughout but God was there every step of the way.

Labour and delivery.

I stayed with my friend who I also stayed with during my first missionary journey because we both have toddlers of the same age and were able to help each other and also keep the toddlers entertained. She went into Labour first on a Monday night, gave birth Tuesday morning. So I was home alone with the kids, and that very Tuesday at midnight I went into labour. I had to manage till morning when her aunty came to help me with the kids. So while in labour I waited for the kids to wake at 8am, fed and bathed them and arranged their things so her aunty would have an easy time. I then left for the hospital at 11am in an uber cab haha! The driver was so worried when I was screaming in pain. Got to the hospital and the doctor said my contractions were so strong that my uterus could have ruptured while I was at home, but my cervix was still at 4cm despite all the hours so i was wheeled into the OR and had my baby(repeat C.S).

Bills etc

Took 3 weeks to get all documents, had my baby 11th May and I'm home in Naija now.

Final testimony was emirates,we had 7 boxes( all overweight 2.5kg sef ) we were entitled to 6 boxes of 23 kg each plus car seat and stroller for two infants. They checked in all 7 boxes plus car seat, stroller and bassinet, we weren't charged anything, and luggage arrived safely. That was God again.

God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TeeteeK: 9:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
I don't think you need it. You need ur dropbox confirmation page,ds-160 confirmation page,passport photo graph,evidence of previous visa and current travelling passport. Nt sure of others.

Enyinne:
I want to renew my visa using dropbox but am confuse. Do I need to add letter of invitation to it again.pls kindly assist on this question
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Onlineise(m): 9:29pm On Jun 16, 2016
Ma, I responded to it but it returned as undelivered...I am following you now maybe u shld do same and then send a mail.

Maggie0133:
Dear Oga, pls I'll pm u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:06pm On Jun 16, 2016
Enyinne:
No u don't.
Check the dropbox info on th embassy website. Neccessary docx are listed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:12pm On Jun 16, 2016
@happytbaby I hail u with 2 hands and 2legs in tha air o! cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Enyinne(f): 10:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
TeeteeK:
I don't think you need it. You need ur dropbox confirmation page,ds-160 confirmation page,passport photo graph,evidence of previous visa and current travelling passport. Nt sure of others.

thank u so much for the clarification. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Enyinne(f): 10:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

No u don't.
Check the dropbox info on th embassy website. Neccessary docx are listed
Thanks dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 11:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
Enyinne:

No, you don't.... This could be of help https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/49#42600899, and this too https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/50#42637629
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mamamj: 11:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
[quote author=TheLeakyTribe post=46614738]I would like to thank everyone on this thread for their support through my second missionary journey, for keeping me entertained and for helping with solutions whenever needed. I returned to naija on Tuesday evening. It has been God all the way. I will share my testimony though this may be a long read (bear with me)

This pregnancy was a tough one for me and I thank God for how it all ended in praise. In the first 3 months I was bleeding and on weekly injections to sustain the pregnancy due to multiple uterine fibroids. At 11 weeks several doctors advised that I put in a cerclage to help me carry to term. Two days before I was to get the cerclage, my then 18 month old suffered 2nd degree burns in an accident and was admitted at the hospital for 3 weeks. I told God please spare my son's life, this one that I've known and nurtured, if you must take one, let it be the one in my womb. I didn't get the cerclage and I managed till January and everything normalised. Only rotimi get to the US and hear again about spots on the baby's heart from an ultrasound. The devil tried to frustrate me throughout but God was there every step of the way.

Labour and delivery.

I stayed with my friend who I also stayed with during my first missionary journey because we both have toddlers of the same age and were able to help each other and also keep the toddlers entertained. She went into Labour first on a Monday night, gave birth Tuesday morning. So I was home alone with the kids, and that very Tuesday at midnight I went into labour. I had to manage till morning when her aunty came to help me with the kids. So while in labour I waited for the kids to wake at 8am, fed and bathed them and arranged their things so her aunty would have an easy time. I then left for the hospital at 11am in an uber cab haha! The driver was so worried when I was screaming in pain. Got to the hospital and the doctor said my contractions were so strong that my uterus could have ruptured while I was at home, but my cervix was still at 4cm despite all the hours so i was wheeled into the OR and had my baby(repeat C.S).

Bills etc

Had my baby at Texas Presbyterian hospital Plano.

Vaginal birth- 4,200
C.section - 5,900

Doctors fee - Northlake Obgyn

Vaginal -2,000
C-section- 2,900

Epidural- us anesthesia partners

Vaginal-1,500
C-section - 1,260

(Yes c.s is cheaper for epidural)

Pediatrician charged 180 for in patient visits and subsequently charged 140 or so(for 2 post hospital visits).

Took 3 weeks to get all documents, had my baby 11th May and I'm home in Naija now.

Final testimony was emirates,we had 7 boxes( all overweight 2.5kg sef ) we were entitled to 6 boxes of 23 kg each plus car seat and stroller for two infants. They checked in all 7 boxes plus car seat, stroller and bassinet, we weren't charged anything, and luggage arrived safely. That was God again.

God bless you all

Thank God for your successfully journey
Pls how much did u book infant ticket and was it at the airport or u paid online?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Baniboy: 11:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hey folks, nice one being here. This is my first attempt for wify. Got 2 yrs B1/B2 M entry annotation. didn't declare she was going for child birth. No appointment yet with any medical care center. Feel blessed I can share from your wealth of experience. No relative there. How do I begin? Any suggestion will help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mamamj: 11:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
[quote author=mamamj post=46643040][/quote]Thank God for ur successful journey
Pls how did u get the emirate ticket for ur infant
Is it online or ur bought at the airport
How much was it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by moyomola22: 11:37pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hello all, thanks for all d informations I learnt here, dis is my ist time of commenting here. I bless God 4 a successful entry tru Chicago Poe despite some tough questions lol, but with some informations I gt here I was ready for dem. Am using xydaswomen centre DR NORA CHUI, such a nice woman. I also did a tour around Houston north west medical center,I love d place soo much. Wishing all expectant mothers safe delivery.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 12:24am On Jun 17, 2016
Congrats and welcome on board. I'm also a newbie on NL and from observation,people will frown at your question cos its a 4-part thread and soooo mannnyyyy questions and answers already discussed smiley
I suggest u read from Part 1. Jump if u wish. Search popular or active usernames and read up then ask SPECIFIC questions which people will be more willing to answer.

U can buzz me privately if need be. I've also been doing some research and narrowing down my options.
Take care.

Triple K Mama.

Baniboy:
Hey folks, nice one being here. This is my first attempt for wify. Got 2 yrs B1/B2 M entry annotation. didn't declare she was going for child birth. No appointment yet with any medical care center. Feel blessed I can share from your wealth of experience. No relative there. How do I begin? Any suggestion will help.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 12:26am On Jun 17, 2016
Abeg all dis new Forex policy, I jus wanna know what N1 to $1 means to d common man cry
May it work out for our good. Amen.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 2:47am On Jun 17, 2016
[quote author=mamamj post=46643040][/quote]

The infant ticket is calculated as 10% of the cost of your ticket as at purchase time. Ie if you bought your return ticket at $1,200 dollars, your infant ticket for emirates would be 10% of $600 dollars which is $60. Mine was $69. This is for a lap infant though, if you're buying a seat for an infant it's a different story but there's really no need to buy a seat for a newborn.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 2:50am On Jun 17, 2016
[quote author=happytbaby post=46638904]
@ TheleakyTribe : Congrats dear. We thank everything ended well. You forgot to add the stolen dollars to the list of challenges. But seriously women are a lot stronger than men!

Just trying hard to forget that thing oh, since I had already gisted everyone. God dey
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:26am On Jun 17, 2016
Please houston moms. Anyone remember how mch it cost for secure luggage wrap??
@Aif france moms, is it true checked-in stroller replaces baby's hand luggage?
@wolefola..hope i got the moniker right.

Please helppppp.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mamamj: 5:57am On Jun 17, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

The infant ticket is calculated as 10% of the cost of your ticket as at purchase time. Ie if you bought your return ticket at $1,200 dollars, your infant ticket for emirates would be 10% of $600 dollars which is $60. Mine was $69. This is for a lap infant though, if you're buying a seat for an infant it's a different story but there's really no need to buy a seat for a newborn.

Thank u so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 6:31am On Jun 17, 2016
ai100:
please is Gtbank still working and what rate is first and stanbic now

Gtb 340 fbn 350

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Oyin2(f): 9:15am On Jun 17, 2016
Thank you. I think I'll wait till 2 weeks to my travel date before I apply.
I'm to travel 25th of July

cfcchick:

My travel date is next week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 10:30am On Jun 17, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:
I would like to thank everyone on this thread for their support through my second missionary journey, for keeping me entertained and for helping with solutions whenever needed. I returned to naija on Tuesday evening. It has been God all the way. I will share my testimony though this may be a long read (bear with me)

Labour and delivery.

Bills etc

Had my baby at Texas Presbyterian hospital Plano.

Vaginal birth- 4,200
C.section - 5,900

Doctors fee - Northlake Obgyn

Vaginal -2,000
C-section- 2,900

Epidural- us anesthesia partners

Vaginal-1,500
C-section - 1,260

(Yes c.s is cheaper for epidural)

Pediatrician charged 180 for in patient visits and subsequently charged 140 or so(for 2 post hospital visits).

God bless you all.

GREAT testimony. To God be the glory.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dora2007: 11:01am On Jun 17, 2016
See u soon. Hope we can shop n hang out

moyomola22:
Hello all, thanks for all d informations I learnt here, dis is my ist time of commenting here. I bless God 4 a successful entry tru Chicago Poe despite some tough questions lol, but with some informations I gt here I was ready for dem. Am using xydaswomen centre DR NORA CHUI, such a nice woman. I also did a tour around Houston north west medical center,I love d place soo much. Wishing all expectant mothers safe delivery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.