Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898855 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2016
njidekachi:
I arrived NAIJA safely with my LO from los angeles.

All thanks to all the sabi mamas, and those that took their time to respond to my pm, my host Mr fred etc. May God bless u guys real good and may he grant us all the desires of our heart. Amen

Welcome back dear and thank God for a wonderful stay
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 3:18pm On Jul 20, 2016
firsttymum:

Guilty as charged.
As Nefertitiram dey here we no say u dey here too wink grin

Kikikikikikiki cheesy, Yes ooooo... I dey usually get "expo" grin grin.. How is our lil Angel? Bouncing and jumping bah?

On that matter of people taking your kindness for a weakness, I'm right behind you saying , do ya thing gal, you don't owe no one nothing and no apologies as well. wink

Feddy27 called it right, some don't know, won't seek knowledge and still make the mistake of not being humble... Mo nor get patience, na part of why i restrict myself to where clique and cyber bullying nor go enter...

Ain't nobody gat time to pamper person.. cool

LadyGuinivere:
Mo international Nigeria Ltd. Guilty as chaarged oooooo! How u do?

2 hands up and waving my mini iya olobe yansh for my roz modul... grin I do foin foin... how ya dey too?

I do lurk sometimes....

*back to waka pass mode* smiley

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by SlowlybtSurely: 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2016
smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2016
@Njidekachi,welcome my dealer.We thank God for a successful journey.God bless your home and your little one.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by larrytoks: 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2016
Make una nor vex for derailing the thread but I think this is a good comical relief.

Donald Trump's look alike was found in Oshodi cheesy cheesy cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/3993914_fbimg1468958119823_jpegcbfb5781147d0431f19877b448804c77

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adupif: 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
[quote author=nefertitiram post=47714253]

Mamas, if you need to renew your visa for childbirth, please choose to go for an interview instead of selecting dropbox. Then attend the interview with all the necessary childbirth documents.

Hello people.

Pretty sure am about the longest silent of this thread. The days of uchetobi etc.when the thread was only 1.

However felt compelled to reply cos of the statement above. Had to register for the first time today. While I agree with you, I still feel that if you declared your true intentions from the beginning and have paid up your bills, dropbox remains the best. On my second trip to birth and dropbox was easy, changed POE and entry was smooth.

Like I learnt here, confidence, truthfulness, sincerity of purpose&ultimately the Grace of God is all that's needed.

Meanwhile, am a Maryland mama. Quite expensive but have got family here so in the end for me, adds up to about the same( feeding,transportation,accommodation).

Best of Luc to everyone.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ezemistic: 6:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
Pls can anyone help me with Affordable & reliable Hospital in Boston or New Jersey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:17pm On Jul 20, 2016
[quote author=adupif post=47731062][/quote]

Maybe I didn't clarify properly.

What I meant was if you have an existing US visa (tourist, business etc), and you intend to renew it for childbirth intentions, I'm thinking you should schedule an interview and take all documents. (I guess this backfired in the case of onlineise, but it's still a theory in my head).

But you mamas that were upfront in your intentions from the get go, I don't think it should apply to you. Hope it's clearer now, but it's something we should discuss and tear apart, because the way things are going now... I'm hearing stories of mamas denied renewals after childbirth (renewed with dropbox then went to give birth), that's what made me think this way.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adupif: 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2016
nefertitiram:

But you mamas that were upfront in your intentions from the get go, I don't think it should apply to you. Hope it's clearer now, but it's something we should discuss and tear apart, because the way things are going now... I'm hearing stories of mamas denied renewals after childbirth (renewed with dropbox then went to give birth), that's what made me think this way.

Well, even though we did(my husband and I)renew via dropbox, we basically filled the exact same information as the first one. Using hospital as the contact and all. After my first birth 2years ago, I didn't travel again to USA until this year for childbirth again. So I have strictly used both visas for only childbirth. My husband though travelled this year for a function and spent barely a week.so really for me, no hard or fast rules. What works for one may not for the other.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 9:08pm On Jul 20, 2016
njidekachi:
I arrived NAIJA safely with my LO from los angeles.

All thanks to all the sabi mamas, and those that took their time to respond to my pm, my host Mr fred etc. May God bless u guys real good and may he grant us all the desires of our heart. Amen

Hi Njideka, I just PMed you. Please I need Mr. Fred's number and I also need to ask you some questions like howuch the accommodation was and how comfortable. I know you will be busy with your baby but please I need your help. Thanks alot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:04pm On Jul 20, 2016
modath:

Kikikikikikiki cheesy, Yes ooooo... I dey usually get "expo" grin grin.. How is our lil Angel? Bouncing and jumping bah?

On that matter of people taking your kindness for a weakness, I'm right behind you saying , do ya thing gal, you don't owe no one nothing and no apologies as well. wink

Feddy27 called it right, some don't know, won't seek knowledge and still make the mistake of not being humble... Mo nor get patience, na part of why i restrict myself to where clique and cyber bullying nor go enter...

*back to waka pass mode* smiley
Thanks bae.... Luv u plenty.
U got it right... I don't understand why he's always jumping abi na bouncing someone who isn't walking...
Enjoy ur Waka pass mode o. Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 10:16pm On Jul 20, 2016
adupif:

Well, even though we did(my husband and I)renew via dropbox, we basically filled the exact same information as the first one. Using hospital as the contact and all. After my first birth 2years ago, I didn't travel again to USA until this year for childbirth again. So I have strictly used both visas for only childbirth. My husband though travelled this year for a function and spent barely a week.so really for me, no hard or fast rules. What works for one may not for the other.

I don't think you understand my post. My post does not apply to you since you got your visa for childbirth.

My post is directed at people who have existing tourist or business visas who want to renew that visa for childbirth after renewal using dropbox. They do not have existing doctor or hospital correspondences in their records.

Was this your case? If not, I don't understand why you keep replying

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tyrah1: 11:19pm On Jul 20, 2016
St mary's hospital in new jersey dress fares
Ezemistic:
Pls can anyone help me with Affordable & reliable Hospital in Boston or New Jersey.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tobi12345: 11:20pm On Jul 20, 2016
Which one is yellow card again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Rickybel(m): 12:46am On Jul 21, 2016
@MommaT What's the process involved in getting a Nigerian Visa for a baby after collecting the American passport? A friend needs to know cos she's in Chicago and will be exiting the US with her baby in 2 weeks time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 1:14am On Jul 21, 2016
grin grin people of God,

Abeg I need Nigerian Lipton o. This oyinbo ones has a different taste and my body has refused any other tea or drink.

This craving is bad. Kindly help. Am in Houston. Who is coming soon to help with 2 Lipton packs. Bikonu
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 1:47am On Jul 21, 2016
Nef
I understand you but I think it's better people just do Dropbox

The fraction of people they call is really small and if they do call you then you can go with your burden of proof

I say this because I felt really bad when onilese was bounced. I even felt worse when I saw my name in the mix apparently he did it because of my own Dropbox experience.

thank God they still made it but visa is one of those issues when 'subjectism' can't be ruled out. Especially Yankee visa

The fact that you are qualified and have all your burden of proof doesn't mean you will get it

So I think I will say everyone qualified for Dropbox should go that route

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TopeFl(m): 3:27am On Jul 21, 2016
leleti:
Hi LA mamas- Sweetuzy01,OMary83,MamaTobenna,Njidekachi,Bisoye82 et al.pleeeaseee....I need Mr Fred's number.The agent I'm in touch with is asking me for $1k dollars deposit for a 1 bedroom before I reach LA. Ive never met him,just emails. my husband has now labeled him a fraudster. He has just been looking for every excuse to beef my LA waka. Can someone pls send me Mr Fred's number pleaseeee.Help a sister- this is my email address- misslulu88.Thank you.Nagode.

Are you bent on Going to LA? Do you have other options in place?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 4:49am On Jul 21, 2016
favoredgal:
Nef
I understand you but I think it's better people just do Dropbox

The fraction of people they call is really small and if they do call you then you can go with your burden of proof

I say this because I felt really bad when onilese was bounced. I even felt worse when I saw my name in the mix apparently he did it because of my own Dropbox experience.

thank God they still made it but visa is one of those issues when 'subjectism' can't be ruled out. Especially Yankee visa

The fact that you are qualified and have all your burden of proof doesn't mean you will get it

So I think I will say everyone qualified for Dropbox should go that route

Word! But like I sed, it's my own imagination running wild
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ezemistic: 7:50am On Jul 21, 2016
Tyrah1:
St mary's hospital in new jersey dress fares

tHANKS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 8:16am On Jul 21, 2016
Yellow card... The warning card they give footballers on the field just before a red card!!!

#JusJoking grin grin grin

Seriously though.. its the yellow fever card (small booklet, with yellow cover) stating when you had your last yellow fever injection and when next one is due-10 years after last injection.
By experience I was only required to provide for South Africa, UK,some Asian countries.

BUT NEVER FOR AMERICA TRIP.

#MyExperience

tobi12345:
Which one is yellow card again

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 8:21am On Jul 21, 2016
Nne,
Biko banye na African shop and get one.
Save your own life oh. Except your cravings don't treat you the way mine treat me...

ijeomaobi1:
grin grin people of God,

Abeg I need Nigerian Lipton o. This oyinbo ones has a different taste and my body has refused any other tea or drink.

This craving is bad. Kindly help. Am in Houston. Who is coming soon to help with 2 Lipton packs. Bikonu

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by trishxx: 8:22am On Jul 21, 2016
Hi everyone.

I know no two experiences are probably the same, but can those who have passed through JFK give a rough estimate of how long it took them from landing to leaving (or being free to leave) the airport? My Arik flight would land (if there are no delays) in the early morning, and I'm trying to figure out what time to book for a local flight to El Paso. Local flight also to take off from JFK

Please help a sister, from your experience. God bless you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 8:53am On Jul 21, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
grin grin people of God,

Go to Southwest farmers market at bissonet, you will find it there

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:29am On Jul 21, 2016
My friend said they typically leave the airport around 9am when she flies Arik. I saved myself the stress and of worrying about the next flight and booked an hotel to chill and rest till next morning.

Meanwhile El Paso mamas that will be in town for the two months of September and October, I may be giving out a room in the apartment I got on airbnb for about 600dollars per month but I have to get there first (at aug end) and see how the place be. You may pm me if interested.

I am not so keen on sharing apartments though....so I guess my spirit has to flow with the person first plus other considerations.

trishxx:
Hi everyone.

I know no two experiences are probably the same, but can those who have passed through JFK give a rough estimate of how long it took them from landing to leaving (or being free to leave) the airport? My Arik flight would land (if there are no delays) in the early morning, and I'm trying to figure out what time to book for a local flight to El Paso. Local flight also to take off from JFK

Please help a sister, from your experience. God bless you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 9:43am On Jul 21, 2016
modath:

Fed..dy27 called it right, some don't know, won't seek knowledge and still make the mistake of not being humble... Mo nor get patience, na part of why i restrict myself to where clique and cyber bullying nor go enter...

Well said Mo ! How u dey?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tyosho: 10:05am On Jul 21, 2016
nefertitiram:

I don't think you understand my post. My post does not apply to you since you got your visa for childbirth.

My post is directed at people who have existing tourist or business visas who want to renew that visa for childbirth after renewal using dropbox. They do not have existing doctor or hospital correspondences in their records.

Was this your case? If not, I don't understand why you keep replying

I'm sure a lot of people including myself appreciate the fact that she replied and clarified her personal experience.
It's an open forum and even though her response might not be applicable to you,lots of people will still in the future look through these threads and find her info valuable

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:13am On Jul 21, 2016
Ucystan congratulations on the arrival of ur baby

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tyosho: 10:14am On Jul 21, 2016
I have applied 3times.
First was for strictly holiday.Second and third (Dropbox)were for childbirth.
If not for adupif"s response, I almost would have applied for an interview on my next renewal instead of Dropbox.
And no,I never supplied hospital correspondence for any of my previous trips only change of intent letters because all visas were gotten before I became pregnant.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by trishxx: 10:29am On Jul 21, 2016
@happytbaby Thanks a lot!

happytbaby:
My friend said they typically leave the airport around 9am when she flies Arik. I saved myself the stress and of worrying about the next flight and booked an hotel to chill and rest till next morning.

Meanwhile El Paso mamas that will be in town for the two months of September and October, I may be giving out a room in the apartment I got on airbnb for about 600dollars per month but I have to get there first (at aug end) and see how the place be. You may pm me if interested.

I am not so keen on sharing apartments though....so I guess my spirit has to flow with the person first plus other considerations.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 10:35am On Jul 21, 2016
tyosho:
I have applied 3times.
If not for adupif"s response, I almost would have applied for an interview on my next renewal instead of Dropbox.
And no,I never supplied hospital correspondence for any of my previous trips only change of intent letters because all visas were gotten before I became pregnant.

Oya add your quota to this thread; where did you have your babies and what was your experience?

Please share so others can learn too

#GiveBackToTheThread# grin

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 11:03am On Jul 21, 2016
tyosho:
I have applied 3times.

Remember I said this is a recent development o, Donald Trump inspired. Experiences shared in the past are Obama cases. Anyways, I rest my case.
When I renewed my visa via dropbox, I was told to come on any monday or wednesday for follow up interview. Now I hear they are scheduling interview for Tuesdays or so. Something is going on in there that we may not know about right now.

Some mamas I know we're called for interview and denied on renewal after childbirth on tourist visas which they renewed via dropbox.

The mamas I know that declared childbirth as their intention from getting their first visas did not have issues. So forgive me if I'm paranoid o!

But truth is, all fingers are not equal, all our heads have different oil. Like all have rightly said, different cane for different bum-bum.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.