Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,891 members, 7,810,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898119 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2016
nefertitiram:

*falls from palm tree*
kikikikikikikikiki
If one can ask what's d full meaning of Dr F or E here en.... Anything can b asked.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2016
Popri:
Lady G ALWAYS killing "it"
You are gifted grin
as in en
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
BeckyU:
My dear people,

I was seriously praying that I will be typing my testimony today, but it is not to be apparently. Please I need your candid advice as to why I was denied today. I have been preparing and reading every post you all and I gained a lot so I really thought I was prepared. My visa class is B2

My transcript:

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Asks for my passport, I handed it over. He typed and typed and then, why are you going to US?
Me: To have my baby
VO: Where in US?
Me: Houston
VO: Why Houston?
Me: Because I have friends there and the Doctor I will be using is based in Houston
VO: How much did you budget for the cost of this trip?(Trying to use his exact words)
Me: $13,153.00
VO: What do you do for work?
ME: I work in a Bank, blablabla Bank precisely
VO: Opened my passport over and over and then typed and typed and then brought out the blue paper. ''Unfortunately you are not qualified for US visa, read the blue paper .........I just went blank sha. Dissapointed and sad.

Please I need your urgent help and advice. The paper says I cant appeal the decision so that means I have to pay again and schedule and interview. Please is there a way I can also expedite the interview because this one took me more than a month from the date of scheduling. I am almost 30weeks into my pregnancy. Appreciate all the help.

To Vo's decision might have been base on ........... and the Gurus already highlighted but let me chip in this

Your Budget ** (to birth in the U.S is not cheap and they expect you to have the financial strength to back it if you wish to birth abroad.. Our different research sometimes bring down the cost.. It should cost People living in the U.S between 6 to 10k to birth but for international patient please work with 15k to 20k since there are number of things that should factor in such as flight, hotel, transport, feeding, document etc) I am sure that what comes first to the VO's mind but this cost can be narrow down individually when we have relatives in the U.S that cut off accommodation , feeding and all. * that's my opinion and i stand to be corrected*

Reapply with your Hubby... Sounds better that your hubby would be supporting you during childbirth before and after in the US.. Remember you are traveling far away from home and you go need support.. The first person that comes to the mind na the Spouse . Yes na him do am so he should be there to support all through *in VO's voice*

I think your travel history CAP his decision to refuse you the VISA.

Try and read back at least on this Part 4 if you can from page 1.

Re-apply, [b]Pray [/b]and Good Luck.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2016
@LadyG,you are really gifted in this visa stuff.I totally concur with what you said about giving the reason for travelling personal, it stands you out and shows you are not stereotyped.
When we went for our interview,hubby was asked reason for travelling and he said his job was hectic and needed to make it up for the family by taking us on a vacation.That caught the attention of the VO.
Thanks LadyG once again for the selfless work you are doing.It won't go unrewarded

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bissysummy: 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2016
BeckyU:
My dear people,

I was seriously praying that I will be typing my testimony today, but it is not to be apparently. Please I need your candid advice as to why I was denied today. I have been preparing and reading every post you all and I gained a lot so I really thought I was prepared. My visa class is B2

My transcript:

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Asks for my passport, I handed it over. He typed and typed and then, why are you going to US?
Me: To have my baby
VO: Where in US?
Me: Houston
VO: Why Houston?
Me: Because I have friends there and the Doctor I will be using is based in Houston
VO: How much did you budget for the cost of this trip?(Trying to use his exact words)
Me: $13,153.00
VO: What do you do for work?
ME: I work in a Bank, blablabla Bank precisely
VO: Opened my passport over and over and then typed and typed and then brought out the blue paper. ''Unfortunately you are not qualified for US visa, read the blue paper .........I just went blank sha. Dissapointed and sad.

Please I need your urgent help and advice. The paper says I cant appeal the decision so that means I have to pay again and schedule and interview. Please is there a way I can also expedite the interview because this one took me more than a month from the date of scheduling. I am almost 30weeks into my pregnancy. Appreciate all the help.
At beckyu, i can relate with you very well, the same line of question i was ask , only that you are not ask your travel experience. I still believe is the same vo that denied me. He is not just into preggy or not so nice giving visa. Follow the guru's advice , its well with you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bissysummy: 3:32pm On Jul 19, 2016
chloe7:
please I need his number too o , can I pm you please
Pls i need too ooo. I wil pm you. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tyrah1: 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hello to my mamas n papas great work u doing here just wise,LadyG,firstymum, and others please a quick question just heard if someone is refused one can only apply again after 5month that that's the new policy. Please is this true? Has any1 heard of this?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by BeckyU: 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Sorry bout the refusal.
Ist Its imprortant to reiterate the fact that the vos make their desicion from the ds 160 AND the interview and sometimes a transcript may not give a true picture.
You said he looked thru your passport? Maybe he wasn't impressed with what I assume is no travel history. Some VO's place a premium on that. I don't know how much you earn and how long you have worked . The vo may have considered that vis a vis the 13k you quoted.
2ndly I wish we wouldn't be using that 'my friend said' answer
Why Houston? Is basically why do you want to born in Amrica and why did you pick Houston ?
If you look at it that way? Your answer falls short. Always lead the interviewer to your areas of strenght
If it were me I'd prolly answer
A: Because I have had so so so and so issues in the past and after my research I discovered that Dr XYX in Houston has a good reputation of handling such matters and even when I mentioned it to my ObGyn he also was of the opinion that Dr XYX would handle my case better because of their facilities.
I don't know why we always give one word /short answers. With this answer I gave above it is only ntural that the vo will pick on one of the issues there and ask more questions. For egs : is it only dr xyx that can handle your matter?
Are you saying your obgyn is not good?
Tell me more about this your health condition.
Show preparedness. Own the interview. Yes its good to read the thread but don't cut and paste.
Be that person that the vo remembers at the end of the day because you stood out.
As for expedited date, read the last page, somebody just asked that question and was answered. God's grace

Thank you so much LadyG. I am grateful.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by BeckyU: 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2016
firsttymum:

Lemme add
How did you sound? Ur countenance
What's actually in ur passport? Is it virgin?
I think the highlighted statement put the VO off.
They wanna hear u researched it nd bla bla

Thanks Fisttymum, I think I sounded confident and composed. I have UK and Dubai visas that I used in 2014 and then Ghana stamps of air and Road transport of early this year. Could it be any of these? I am sensing he saw something cos no request for documents was made.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MzYemie(f): 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2016
No wahala. Whenever you are ready.

bissysummy:

Pls i need too ooo. I wil pm you. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2016
Kikikiki,

See beefing of the highest order. Na firstymum u Dey fight My dear, u Dey waste Ur muscle o.

So u don't like her respond? Since u didn't buy her phone or pay for her data, and u no pay her bride price, Bikonu gba nyuo oku. (Off light)

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2016
lobus:

What is the reason for refusal on the blue paper?
. Lobus na wah to u oh cheesy..this thread funny no be small sontin...she's asking us u ya askin her kweshun again cheesy cheesy ...Lwkm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2016
Tyrah1:
Hello to my mamas n papas great work u doing here just wise,LadyG,firstymum, and others please a quick question just heard if someone is refused one can only apply again after 5month that that's the new policy. Please is this true? Has any1 heard of this?

I don't think so

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2016
Porshebabymama:
. Lobus na wah to u oh cheesy..this thread funny no be small sontin...she's asking us u ya askin her kweshun again cheesy cheesy ...Lwkm

The reason for refusal is usually stated on the blue paper (insufficient ties, travel history etc)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 19, 2016
lobus:

The reason for refusal is usually stated on the blue paper (insufficient ties, travel history etc)
. Lobus I understand u Jare...this thread is still very funny....See wapu dat dey are stroking about transcript never begin vex somborri Hels haff buy d matter and is habusing firstymum already...is wah oh!!!.... shocked shocked @iyanughana try cool down mk pregnant womens no bite you for this things ya spitting out biko...if d talk pain u try face front..lets not waste part 4 with throwing shades... grin grin grin.... #ok bye#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2016
Popri:
Lady G ALWAYS killing "it"
You are gifted grin
So 'it' is dead now? grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 5:05pm On Jul 19, 2016
iyanughana:
if you like delete me. I will create another profile to enable me reply. [/b]I have your time[b]. what nonsense
why not put that excess time to good use by researching and helping out on this thread?

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2016
firsttymum:
kikikikikikikikiki
If one can ask what's d full meaning of Dr F or E here en.... Anything can b asked.
. Me sef fall from ube (pear tree)as I see the transcript issh shocked shocked shocked cheesy grin...the kweshun is funny....at least Wapu sabi transcript for one angle grin..not all do...laughing is allowed here last time I checked...@wapu ,a Transcript is the detailed conversation between you and the VO during ya intafew..when ya post it hia, gurus can easily tourchkight it and advice you accordingly shocked shocked.. #ok bye# grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Posh404: 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2016
biollar1:
My people...devil no wan gree me enter Nairaland but God pass am. Bin trying to sign in after I gave my POE story. I got in May 17th and left June 29th.
Had my baby on the 10th of June
I used Oakbend Medical Centre and Dr E( fab as usual) and una sabi d usual bill and all. I wanted to get back to naija with United last flight (29th June), so I decided to change my return ticket from July 5th to 29th June, leaving me with just 19days to process all docs but God was super fateful.

Processed all my baby's docs in less dan a week. Only SSN took longer and it took 8working days to drop.

1. Picked up birth certificate at fort bend county and paid $23 for a copy
2. Same day, Headed straight to passport office in downtown on 1919 smith street . Took passport photograph for $17 (2 copies) directly opposite passport office in downtown. Paid $165 for expedited and was asked to come pick up ffg day.
3. Scanned baby's birth certificate to Mrs Stella with all necessary docs. I did ETC and paid $300. It arrived after 5days via FedEx
4. I called United to attach baby to my tic
5. Headed back to Naija.

Stayed with my host but left for Soulcare Concierge when my mum arrived. Make all of us no becum liability.

MARGARET OF SOULCARE CONCIERGE was awesome. I enjoyed my stay and she made us feel like home away from home. The fact that she conveys one for doc appointments and grocery shopping makes it all stress free and whole. Will def use her again.

Supa Dupa grateful to all... Omodadi( my main Pal..we sure rocked Houston together, I'm glad our ways crossed kiss)LadyG , Firsttymum, Feddy27, Happytbaby,Modath, Nefertitiram and all. I met wonderful mamas but I've forgotten their monikers and l don't want to mention their real names.

You all made my second missionary journey a successful and stress free one.

God bless us all and May we all not labor in vain over our kids in Jesus name.
Congratulation Biola1 . Please I will need all necessary info concerning the bills at oakbend and Dr E

Hello everyone . Don't know where to start as I had to exit this thread cos I had miscarriage early this year and all I read and planned for delivery actually evaporated from my head. Glory be to God for his faithfulness for performing another miracle in my life. Want to say a big thank u to firsttymum, LadyG, Justwise &Co....for their patience in running this thread. I had my visa long before I got pregnant the last time and I wrote a letter of intent to the embassy , I didn't get a reply. Didn't follow up cos I lost the pregnancy. Will write another one soon and I hope they reply. I'm back on this thread and I pray God will see me through this time.

Biola1 biko I need info from you o......your testimony is sweet mbok

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 5:19pm On Jul 19, 2016
Why una dey beg the whoever na? If it vex you please then don't pm her. I have said it over and over, no be by force to answer pm. If e pain you well, please read from part 1 to 4. Jot down alllllll the hospital and costs and start answering pms.
Fyi people run consultancies and get paid for it.
@first time mum ignore . Na Buhari economy dey worry am.

@Tariah I saw your pm. And I assume the question you asked was the reason. You are asked to reapply when your circumstance has changed. The embassy usually ADVICES you wait 3 months. Its not cast in stone.
But if you are pregnant, you may not have the benefit of time so usuallly mommas reapply as soon as they can get a date

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Virtuousdiva: 5:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Virtuousdiva: 5:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Because of the denials of the past few days I think I should point out a few tips
1.Make your intentions clear
For egs. A lotta folks say 'vacation and childbirth'. Whaat is that? Are you going to honolulu to surf abi are you going to enter jangilova at Disney? Your purpose is childbirth . Fullstop!
If you read a lot of transcripts both here and at the visit visa thread, the vo's are always preoccupied typing what I don't know. Make him look up. Make him see you as a person not just a number. Now that sets the mood for the interview. It also establishes you as a straightforward persoon.

2. Why do you want to birth in America.
Biko. This is very key. Unfortunately the vo may not phrase the question like this. Bu anyhow e take ask am: For egs 'Why Dr F.' 'Why Houston?' 'Why Sugarland?' It all boils ddown to why don't you want to born in any of the states in Naija? Why should I give you a pass to my country to born. You MUST know the answer to this question. That means breaking it down to personal reason, reason for the hospital choice, location etc. In my opinion, my friend said, my uncle said is not good enough.
If I didn't have a visa and I had to apply to birth I'd prolly answer like this
A: Because the suffer I suffered to get this pregnancy ehhh , I don't want stories that touch'
Only a person with a broken antenna for gossip will fail to ask ,' what do you mean by suffer'
Now you have led the interview to favourable grounds for you. I want to believe that if you finances are tidy, by the time you finish your explanations, only a witch will refuse you.
My colleague in her interview said ' because of the risk of multiples' and when asked how many she said triplets and na congrats congrats the interview take end.
Now I'm aware that not everybody has extreme stories but that's the beauty. You should be able to have a reason personal and true to you.
Somebody once saod his reason for travelling was to see snow. After the vo laugh finish e give am visa.
It may b that you want the cosmetic stiching and to eat immedately afterwards your cs unike naija where u drink lipton for 2 days.
It sounds silly BUT if stands out. That plus the reason that the hospital will cater to that need as opposed to a naija hospital.
I don taya to type mbok!

Welldone...I have mentioned this thing before ooo and even some others before me especially the aspect of saying vacation instead of childbirth gan gan. The day i can skydive with pregnancy then i will then include vacation to my missionary journey.Please just say your reason is to give birth(Childbirth)..Just give it two more pages and someone else will act like they have not read your comment and other previous comments and say Vacation and Childbirth.. The fact that vacation is even first before the childbirth is just too funny or the fact that someone applies for B2 and says vacation and childbirth...I laugh in Abriba grin.Abeg all you "vacationers"call me when your belle can size the Harry Potter Ride in Disney World..i wan enter am too tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2016
Posh404,

Biollar1 is a nursing mother; she can't start type things that are repeated. Use the search button. You will see others that used Dr E. Example: ozycy, firsttymum, click on their profile and read thru dia posts, u will find cost breakdown.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Popri(f): 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

So 'it' is dead now? grin

It is not dead o
We are not moved by what we see smiley smiley
@firsty, abeg cone lemme 'fetch' some hot steaming asaro from my pot for you and chilled 100% orange juice home made from premium Benue oranges wink

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.