Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,571 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898846 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 11:05am On Jul 21, 2016
feddy27:

Oya add your quota to this thread; where did you have your babies and what was your experience?

Please share so others can learn too

#GiveBackToTheThread# grin

Lolz, seconded

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bouqounmie(f): 11:07am On Jul 21, 2016
Pls I am very interested. Also elpaso bound & will be in Dallas by Aug ending and Elpaso in September. Pls I will PM you now.
Thanks in advance

happytbaby:
My friend said they typically leave the airport around 9am when she flies Arik. I saved myself the stress and of worrying about the next flight and booked an hotel to chill and rest till next morning.

Meanwhile El Paso mamas that will be in town for the two months of September and October, I may be giving out a room in the apartment I got on airbnb for about 600dollars per month but I have to get there first (at aug end) and see how the place be. You may pm me if interested.

I am not so keen on sharing apartments though....so I guess my spirit has to flow with the person first plus other considerations.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 11:25am On Jul 21, 2016
feddy27:

Oya add your quota to this thread; where did you have your babies and what was your experience?

I support the motion

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tyosho: 11:30am On Jul 21, 2016
feddy27:

grin grin

I have actually.Not sure if it was with my old moniker though.
First experience was MD.Was almost sent back.the manager on duty stopped the entry denial and gave me just 3wks instead.I got in,filed for an extension and was given 4months.
I was over the moon when the Dropbox method was introduced cos I didn't imagine what I would tell the CO when re applying.
I reapplied and was given.Wasnt even called for an interview even with my border issues and applying for an extension.

With baby two I went to Dallas,sent change of intent.No issues at POE.
I detailed my experience in part 3 of this thread.But I think it was under my old moniker.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jinglesbaby: 11:30am On Jul 21, 2016
Hello Njidekachi,

Congrats on the success of your first missionary journey and apologies for stealing some of your time. Please I know used Dr M.
All you paid was $3700 for hospital, Dr, Epidural, lab, scan, pediatrics, hospital and nothing more.t
How much was the cost of accommodation in total plus utilities for two months?

njidekachi:
I arrived NAIJA safely with my LO from los angeles.

All thanks to all the sabi mamas, and those that took their time to respond to my pm, my host Mr fred etc. May God bless u guys real good and may he grant us all the desires of our heart. Amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jinglesbaby: 12:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
[,quote author=happytbaby post=47747005]My friend said they typically leave the airport around 9am when she flies Arik. I saved myself the stress and of worrying about the next flight and booked an hotel to chill and rest till next morning.

Meanwhile El Paso mamas that will be in town for the two months of September and October, I may be giving out a room in the apartment I got on airbnb for about 600dollars per month but I have to get there first (at aug end) and see how the place be. You may pm me if interested.

I am not so keen on sharing apartments though....so I guess my spirit has to flow with the person first plus other considerations.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 12:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
tyosho:

grin grin

First experience was MD.Was almost sent back.the manager on duty stopped the entry denial and gave me just 3wks instead.I got in,filed for an extension and was given 4months.
I was over the moon when the Dropbox method was introduced cos I didn't imagine what I would tell the CO when re applying.
I reapplied and was given.Wasnt even called for an interview even with my border issues and applying for an extension.

I detailed my experience in part 3 of this thread.But I think it was under my old moniker.

grin grin

Thank you for giving back. Give us more details na, since we can't identify your old moniker. Wat hospital in MD and Dallas + cost? You might be saving someone's life today, who knows grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
jinglesbaby:
Hello Njide...kachi,

Congrats on the success of your first missionary journey and apologies for stealing some of your time. Please I know used Dr M.
Is it still $1000 for Dr fees?
How much was the cost of accommodation per month plus utilities or if you can send me Mr Fred's no, dat will do?
What is cost for [b]epidural, scans and hospital? [/b]
thanks as you reply.

Read thru her post and that of Bisoye82, you will find those answers there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jinglesbaby: 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
Yeah, thanks.
Is it truely $2700 for hospital, epidural, pediatrics, labs plus scan?
$1000 for doc plus 1st visit and registration?
And for rent, can I pay for a room at $800 per month and does it include bills too?

quote author=feddy27 post=47751262]

Read thru her post and that of Bisoye82, you will find those answers there[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jinglesbaby: 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hi All,

If one changes POE or decides to use another hospital and Dr? For eg, If I move from Houston to LA, what are the risks involved especially at renewal?
Secondly, St Francis seems to have bad reviews online generally so this got DH and I worried coupled with the fact that we know nobody there. Has anybody experienced anything bad so far at this hospital?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jinglesbaby: 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2016
I dey crave tea too but they mostly have black tea here not the golden one which I like. Milo and peak milk are from Switzerland in most stores and cost about $9-$10 so bring yours from Nigeria. Did not travel with any food or provision, now I'm beating myself!

[ quote author=feddy27 post=47745936]

Go to Southwest farmers market at bissonet, you will find it there[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tyrah1: 12:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
Dr fares the dress is wrote was a mistake
Ezemistic:

tHANKS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
tyosho:

grin grin

That's awesome! The oil on your head is from Heaven directly.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tyosho: 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2016
nefertitiram:

That's awesome! The oil on your head is from Heaven directly.

Thanks nerf. grin
Na God
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
jinglesbaby:
Hi All,

If one changes POE or decides to use another hospital and Dr? For eg, If I move from Houston to LA, what are the risks involved especially at renewal?
Secondly, St Francis seems to have bad reviews online generally so this got DH and I worried coupled with the fact that we know nobody there. Has anybody experienced anything bad so far at this hospital?

hmmm. Valid Question
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2016
jinglesbaby:
Yeah, thanks.
Is it truely $2700 for hospital, epidural, pediatrics, labs plus scan?
$1000 for doc ONLY plus 1st visit and registration?
And for rent, can I pay for a room at $800 per month and does it include bills too?

quote author==47751262]

Read thru her post and that of Biso..ye82, you will find those answers there

labs + scan not included in the hospital fee

$1000 is for delivery only. Does not include 1st visit is which same as registration

For rent, I've not seen anyone of $800, budget $1200-1500. I think it includes bills too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
jinglesbaby:
Hi All,

Secondly, St Francis seems to have [b]bad reviews online [/b]generally so this got DH and I worried coupled with the fact that we know nobody there. Has anybody experienced anything bad so far at this hospital?

I've come to understand in this birthing waka that online reviews are misleading! Always look out for people that have had FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE THAT YOU CAN RELATE WITH. This thread is a good avenue for such. Read thru the post of those that used the hospital and see if there are pros and cons. Remember your business with the hospital is just once and that's at delivery. Take a tour yourself, discuss with the staff on ground and work closely with your doctor. He should guide you and calm your fears if you have any.

Most importantly, have an open mind! Don't be preoccupied with the negative things you hear else you won't be pleased by anything you see there

***Speaking from my First Experience***

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
Pls mamas that got apartments and paid after arrival did u book hotel first and was that a problem at POE?
Am renting a place but intend to book hotel for a few days or a week,as I'll like to check the places out first.

Cc feddy27 my Capo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
quin9:
Pls mamas that got apartments and paid after arrival did u book hotel first and was that a problem at POE?
Am renting a place but intend to book hotel for a few days or a week,as I'll like to check the places out first.

Cc fed..dy27 my Capo

No issues at all, that was what I did... It's better so you get to see what you are paying for before you commit yourself

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by DominionDoxa: 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hello dearies am reqpplying and I want to find out some things.
1. I want to change my contact person to the hospital am in touch with as they gave me approval to do so but the other form had my uncle's address.
2.but I left where I would stay in the us as my uncle's house.
3. main question is can I change some info now that am reapplying...
've really read thru so as not to bother the house but didn't see ...thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ezemistic: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2016
Tyrah1:
St mary's hospital in new jersey dress fares

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nynstc,

The one here is different o. E no work at all
@feddy27,
Will look for it today unfailingly. Thabks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
Tyrah1:
St mary's hospital in new jersey dress fares

Hello Tyrah, I just called St Mary's and they are affordable compared to other quotes I have gotten. However they claim to work with any Obgyn or certified midwife.

Have you used St Mary's, if you have which doctor did you use.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
favoredgal:
Nef
I understand you but I think it's better people just do Dropbox

The fraction of people they call is really small and if they do call you then you can go with your burden of proof

I say this because I felt really bad when onilese was bounced. I even felt worse when I saw my name in the mix apparently he did it because of my own Dropbox experience.

thank God they still made it but visa is one of those issues when 'subjectism' can't be ruled out. Especially Yankee visa

The fact that you are qualified and have all your burden of proof doesn't mean you will get it

So I think I will say everyone qualified for Dropbox should go that route

I concur. I did drop box early this year but I wasn't called for any interview, after I got my visa. I applied for my son and I took him for the interview with my burden of proof yet no document was asked.

Just early this week I sent my notification of intent with my passport and visa details and I got a response an hour later saying it was okay but I should travel with my birth plan which should include my doctor's correspondence and proof that I can pay my bills. Please note that I had my 2nd baby in the US and I stated that in my renewal.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
feddy27:

No issues at all, that was what I did... It's better so you get to see what you are paying for before you commit yourself

Ok,thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tyrah1: 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
U can pm me I told u the doctor's name is Dr fares he charges $2k
KayLayChi:

Hello Tyrah, I just called St Mary's and they are affordable compared to other quotes I have gotten. However they claim to work with any Obgyn or certified midwife.

Have you used St Mary's, if you have which doctor did you use.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
nefertitiram:

Word! But like I sed, it's my own imagination running wild

Meanwhile how body and Modath?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
Tyrah1:
Dr fares the dress is wrote was a mistake
U say?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tyrah1: 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
@firstly not u I made a mistake wanted to write Dr n my fone typed dress so I corrected it to the lady that asked the question
firsttymum:

U say?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 9:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
Tyrah1:
U can pm me I told u the doctor's name is Dr fares he charges $2k

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cutie333: 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Thou shalt not be decieved.
No need for it.
Let nothing separate you and your money at the airport! Neither tout nor fake over sabis.

plenty thanks madam

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.