Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political (9228 Views)

"Eviction Day": Nkem Owoh Grabs New Wedded 'Wife' From The Back On Set (Pics) / Beverly Osu Has Never Been Nominated For Eviction / BBA Stargame: Goldie Up For Eviction - Do We Save Her Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by Tinkinguy(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2009
God help Nigeria, , When I consider what happens in the National Assembly, I do think that maybe it because most of them are not That Educated, I usually think as well that majority of the guys in Narialand at least passed their S.S.C.E and that Education can actually refine someone in his/her use of words.

But no, I see a different thing here, why calling someone names just because his/her view is not in line with yours.

The GUS 6 will continue to interest people whether the "most preferred contestant" as assumed by some people leaves or not.

I want to believe that for each GUS, the rules for eviction had been spelled out and the power to evict is not for the instructor to do as he wish, but to manage the games and release the conditions as at when due.

Wale is not the only person that had been evicted and will not be, So why the noise!!!!
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by amobola: 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2009
@otukpo. I might agree with you that his eviction may not be political or tribalistic, but if you agree that he should have been evicted just because he is confident in himself? then you need to have another thinking coming!!!
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by rman: 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2009
I am suprised people take the outcome of the show personal. Everything has been planned and it is just meant to entertain the viewers. Eviction, missing totem, bla bla blaaa! , all planned
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by teeewai(m): 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2009
would av been so vague if i say wale's eviction was political

but for some reasons, i fink his eviction was totally uncalled for, hes such a chap thats got what (confidence/overconfidence) we need to instill in our hearts as nigerians, we need to build confidence in our youths, in our system to make nigeria a better place

wale's confidence "grew" into OVERCONFIDENCE due to the fact that he was seen as a threat to all other contestants and he capitalised on this to favor his stakes, he tied the totem to his feet each 9te so that it wnt be stolen by BOB, Without sentiments there is no other male contestant that has the spirit, is it

elvis, who's deserved eviction was turned into a mere punishment OR

chuks, who's got the body BUT no sense(without apologies)       i cant just wait to see those chics outdoing these guyz

who said he has no team spirit?, he knew when to stop fighting to fight another day

Above all, lets not be sentimental about this, lets "take" the litle wisdom from GUS and apply it to our daily activities

WALE this goes out to you & all nlders, my daily creed

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by vichino: 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2009
When Wale waz evicted, i waz seriously vexing  angry cuz in d past it has always been that other GUS contestants that were camp leaders that looses their totem, they only punish them & strip them off their leadership role but alas wale's own, leaves me with no other thot but that the whole concept of this GUS 6 is a JOKE, A VERY BIG JOKE & a biased based programme.  RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by Sibon(m): 2:44pm On Jul 30, 2009
Right from Day 1 and seeing his performances,i said to myself;This guy is gonna be evicted early enough cos he was good in virtually everything.In such cases,this is always the outcome cos everyone is waitn around,hoping to see u make that one bad move.And the next thing u know,u r out.That was exactly what happened to Wale.Don't ask who"s theory was dat.But if u are interested,lemme knw.<ukor_gerald@live.com>
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by otukpo(f): 2:54pm On Jul 30, 2009
a.mobola:

@otukpo. I might agree with you that his eviction may not be political or tribalistic, but if you agree that he should have been evicted just because he is confident in himself? then you need to have another thinking coming!!!

refer to the bolded.
i have never and will never say that. I was only trying to make pple see that the sympathy for Wale was borne out of tribal sentiments.

We shld be talking of serious issues bothering the nation not things like GUS. For all i care, anybody can win the GUS irrespective of tribe.

My own is to entertain myslf. chikena
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by Johnnny(m): 3:01pm On Jul 30, 2009
teeewai:

would av been so vague if i say wale's eviction was political

but for some reasons, i fink his eviction was totally uncalled for, hes such a chap thats got what (confidence/overconfidence) we need to instill in our hearts as nigerians, we need to build confidence in our youths, in our system to make nigeria a better place

wale's confidence "grew" into OVERCONFIDENCE due to the fact that he was seen as a threat to all other contestants and he capitalised on this to favor his stakes, he tied the totem to his feet each 9te so that it wnt be stolen by BOB, Without sentiments there is no other male contestant that has the spirit, is it

elvis, who's deserved eviction was turned into a mere punishment OR

chuks, who's got the body BUT no sense(without apologies) i cant just wait to see those chics outdoing these guyz

who said he has no team spirit?, he knew when to stop fighting to fight another day

Above all, lets not be sentimental about this, lets "take" the litle wisdom from GUS and apply it to our daily activities

WALE this goes out to you & all nlders, my daily creed

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

Good talk my brother.

Though Wale's eviction was both uncalled for and unfair; I dont see any thing political or tribalistic about it.

Its just a wrong decision made by those useless, invincible council members (more or less like our so called House of rep. and Senate members).
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by pek(m): 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2009
why must we have excuse for everything negative that is not to our expectation? when he was appointed leader, did we rave and rant? now, he has been evicted, we must find fault in where there is no fault. GUS has it rules and wale, through his carelessness, broke the rule even though he was repeatedly warned.
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by MUZBO(m): 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2009
ifyalways:

u have a problem with English lang or comprehension go deal with it,Overwhelming ni,support ko.why dont u babies just shut up and accept that wale is out of the competition and quit moaning over my post.
See this dumb renegading trickas$! I was only pointing out your 2mouthed nature through your posts? You can't wish it away. Sue me and waka pass!
ifyalways:

GOod hes gone  cool come bite me.
I'd love to bite your mouth but [b]since you have 2[/b]I don't know which one to choose.
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by MUZBO(m): 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2009
For the eviction, it is what it is!
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by nagoya2(m): 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2009
Hey,

Can u guys just keep your minds open and learn what lessons there are to be learnt? That's if your 'political & tribalistic' minds don't keep acting as deterrents.
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by ifyalways(f): 4:15pm On Jul 30, 2009
MUZBO:

See this dumb renegading trickas$! I was only pointing out your 2mouthed nature through your posts? You can't wish it away. Sue me and waka pass! I'd love to bite your mouth but [b]since you have 2[/b]I don't know which one to choose.
You are actually a twerp or normally foolish.
i commented abt ppl loving Wale cos of the number of peeps with just 1 or 2 posts all posting to comment on their "hero's" eviction.
I dislike his attitude yes but i wud have wanted him to be one of the last 3 men standing.I still feel GOOD that hes gone.
carry ur stamp-sized brain out of my way. . .while at it,kiss my a55,u wud surely find it more entertaining than mouth biting. cool
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by ifyalways(f): 4:20pm On Jul 30, 2009
Back to Topic,Wale was not the first leader to be evicted cos of misplaced totem.
Hence,the eviction is justified.QED cheesy
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by Zizi(f): 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2009
Guys we are missing the point here. The point is people get evicted from the show for the smallest thing that's why you must always be alert beside someone has been evicted fom GUS 2 because he was sleeping with the totem beside him. What off the guy that dropped his lamp I think in GUS 3 and immediately got evicted? Wale misplaced the Totem and he took the punishment. It has nothing to do with his tribe or whatever!!! Let's just enjoy the show!! If you don't like what happened then stop watching!!!!!!!!!! Grow up and stop whining about tribalism. One Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by ifyalways(f): 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2009
Rofl.
The whole lot of "wale sympatizers" can stop to watch GUS6 or better still break their Tvs,GUS wud still go on with millions still watching.
The worst they can do is to stop drinking Gulder,NB wont miss them too. cheesy
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by clomn(m): 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2009
WHERE IS YOUR JUDGMENT COMING FROM. DO YOU HAVE THE LIST OF WHAT NIGERIAN BREWERIES IS USING A MEASURE FOR EVICTION. OR DO U THINK BOB MANUEL IS IN CHARGE OF THE WHOLE SHOW JUST LIKE THAT. ANYWAY THE TOTEM IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ITEM IN THAT JUNGLE SO HE IS OUT AND HE IS OUT.
YOUR CAN EMPLOY HIM .
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by anaruagu99: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2009
I was traumatized yesterday when Wale Akanbi was being evicted from Gulder Utimate Search. I agree with you mr poster, not only that alone, from the history of this utimate search, yoruba has never won it and meanwhile Wale was the only Yoruba guy among them.thereby I thought it was a tribal issue also. Since the begining of this utimate search Wale has been the best contestant so far because he has won almost all the tasks they have being doing.
In my own view, i don't see the reason why they should evicted him whereas there was prior instruction to all those contestants that they should keep totem as their god. Those council of elders are useless people they supose to give all contestant punishment and collect camp leader from Wale.
Wale must have learnt a lesson yesterday not to be too forward in everything because that riddle for yesterday task was saw by him and at the end of the day, he was evicted.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/fon

Its most unfortunate that the Yoruba's of the Wester NIgerian has ceased to be myopic in all actions, tribalistic and cnstantly afraid of competion. Ok I know why: they have never been the best and never do wells. The Obasanjo's very fresh in our memory. Pls take a look below at the management team of Guiness Nigeria Plc and draw your conclutions:

Officers and directors
Engr. Dr R. A. Alabi
Chairman
Babatunde A. Savage
Chief Executive Officer, Managing Director
Nick Blazquez
Vice Chairman of the Board
Sesan Sobowale
Legal Adviser, Company Secretary, Executive Director
Keith R.M. Taylor
Managing Director, Executive Director
L. Turnbull
Executive Director, Commercial Director
Olatunde Falase
Executive Director, Director of Marketing
D. J.C. Nicholls
Supply Director, Executive Director
Otunba F.A. Ogunbamowo
Non-Executive Director
J. O. Irukwu
Non-Executive Director
B. E. Gwadah
Non-Executive Director
Ademola Adelabu
Customer Marketing Manager

WHO IS THE NON-YORUBA HERE WHO?
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by Sevn(m): 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2009
@Ifyalways and MUZBO,

Una nor fit kill me!!!

make una exchange numbers, call, meet each other, share a beer, then settle this score!

hahaha

Seriously, both of una go make good friends o.
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by secreyor: 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2009
Nonsense!,big nonsense!,If I were Wale,I will neva collect gulder's money cos dat was wickedness at it's peak.First dey take d totem,hide it n den evict him.I'm an Imo state guy n I say dat Bob n his stupid,wicked igbo counsel of elders have ended dis show.DRY,MESSED UP,JUNK!!.Well,may d second best man win,or rather dey can as well crown Vivien d ultimate woman. lipsrsealed
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by puskin: 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2009
His eviction was no political stunt.
I was also sad that Wale was evicted after his numerous brilliant performances in both the individual and group tasks.
But the FACT still remains that, losing the TOTEM is the gravest/worst offense any of the contestants can commit in GUS, even worse than failing in your task. It was CLEARLY spelt out and hammered on by Bob Manuel.
SO why all the FUSS.
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by Omolola1(f): 5:40pm On Jul 30, 2009
which totem? the totem those bunch of foolish elders and bob took?
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by Akanniade(m): 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2009
Methink wale's eviction is a ploy to make sure a female winner emerges
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by MUZBO(m): 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2009
ifyalways:

You are actually a twerp or normally foolish.
Enough!!! You can close the dictionary now.
ifyalways:

i commented abt ppl loving Wale cos of the number of peeps with just 1 or 2 posts all posting to comment on their "hero's" eviction.
Then all of a sudden you felt he could've been 1st-3rd. Isn't that a wimpy back-stabbing weak as$ retreat? Atleast you don't need money to sell out.
ifyalways:

I dislike his attitude yes but i wud have wanted him to be one of the last 3 men standing.
See this slowpoke. Can't you see this sentence sounds like an oxy[b]slowpoke[/b]. Check that up!
ifyalways:

I still feel GOOD that hes gone.
carry ur stamp-sized brain out of my way. . .while at it,kiss my a55,u wud surely find it more entertaining than mouth biting.  cool

I once heard that each time you renegade you get an extra stretch mark on the as$! I would gladly kiss your a55 but I'm allergic to stretch marks. Can you now prove that your a55 is not laden with ugly stretch marks?- seems like a tall order doesn't it? Gee I wonder who's to blame!
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by MUZBO(m): 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2009
I should start watching the show o!
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by soloqy: 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2009
People, the season that Lukan won the GUS, someone was evicted because he misplaced the Totem(He was from the south east). In fact his own was terrible cause he retrieved the Totem but he was shown a video of where he had earlier misplaced the TOTEM.

Its not the first time someone is being evicted for misplacing a Totem so all you guys playing the tribalism card should just shut it.

After GUS 1, I started hating GUS because it became very predictable who would emerge winner. You could just tell by looking at the contestants, who would become the eventual winner.

Of course, the GUS organisers got a lot of condemnation for that and i guess they have probably decided to come clean and make it as unpredictable as they can so that the strongest, *luckiest*, smartest , would win.

Wale was a strong contender but his arrogance got rid of him. The first girl that left(Ada), did say and i quote "in his strength, lies his weakness". When he was asked about the missing Totem(before the eviction), he non-charlantly stated that it was not only his fault but every other person too, thereby refusing to fully take responsibility.

The writers of the script, from day one, have always attached great awe and importance to the TOTEM(I fail to understand the bloody reason why) so his non-charlant attitude to losing it must have miffed them coupled with the fact that they have sent someone home before for losing the totem.

I think they have decided to make this years search unpredictable and as such, anyone can win, maybe even a girl this time.

With Wale's looks, he would have made for the best gulder billboard or poster so his eviction tells me that they dont want to go that way again because of the public outcry that greeted the last four episodes.

He was a big contender but let his arrogance becloud his thinking and sense of judgement.

I will miss him though cause he seemed to be getting on every other contestants nerves and that was exciting grin
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by Izunwa(m): 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2009
But come to think of it, he has a piece of d map and I didn't see them collect it from him, who knows? They might call him back becos of the map.
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by soloqy: 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2009
Izunwa:

But come to think of it, he has a piece of d map and I didn't see them collect it from him, who knows? They might call him back becos of the map.

If they do call him back , then i would revert my post and realise that they are still playing the *best gulder bill board model* game.

And i would immediately hand over the title to him cause that would be the case.
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by globatop: 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2009
@Morpheus

Yorubas are not as tribalistic as other tribe, you tend to figure out yorubas due to the fact that you are in yoruba land, ever have discussion with Ibo guy, the momemt he hears another Ibo saying -Kedu- he will abandon you, even if you are discussing a milliion Naira biz.

It iritates me to hear any tribe calling yorubas tribalist, how many state is as accomaodating as toruba states, compare Lagos and Oyo state with other Eastern and Northern states in terms of hospitality.

In lagos, Ibos are chiefs, Hausas are leaders in major markets, can that one be allowed in your tribes.

I, a yoruba man has mediated between two neighbours one Ibo and the other Yoruba without been partial, I judged the Ibo man righthly and the yoruba man accepted the judgement, no controversy, it is pple like you that causes tribal war through your tribal sentiment.

You can pass an opinion without been particular about tribes.

Pls Nigeria belongs to us all, lets try as much as possible to be an impartial judge and be fair in all ramitification
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by Hairat007(f): 7:45pm On Jul 30, 2009
It was heart breaking wen wale was evicted. i actually thought he was going 2 be d winner, he had a lot of enemies than friends
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by virgie(f): 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2009
Wale has left the Ultimate search. I expected him to be among the last 5, but he goofed cos he was supposed to keep the totem in sight at all times and leave with it whereever he goes, which he didn/t when he went in search of the clue for the task of the day. He is the leader and should bear the consequences.
Re: Ultimate Search 6: Wale Alabi Eviction Was Political by ruffneck(m): 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2009
Som ppl jst watch d show witout undstnding d game jst like wale himslf.he ws strong n smart bt nt calculativ.as d leada of d camp,he hd a autority 2apo4nt anoda as d totem bearer bt he ddnt realiz, i guez he ws too ambitous.he wnted 2b everythng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where Do I Download Movies Online For Free, No Credit Card, No Registration Etc / Supernatural (season 6) - Discussion And Download / Is That Jerry Springer Show Real Or Acting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.