Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

When She's Older Than You - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When She's Older Than You (64206 Views)

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / Since She Discovered She's Older. Our Relationship Has Become Weaker. / Baby Mama Of My 5yr Old!! Should I Proceed? She's Older. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When She's Older Than You by Drfinn: 11:32am On Apr 21, 2016
Olivebranches:
Pls o help your fellow brother oooo. My girl is still communicating via phone with her ex- the guy that disvirgined her. The guy still beg her to come back according to her. I told her to stop communicating with him. I told her to call and tell him not to call her again. She did in my front (using loud speaker). But two days later the guy called her and she picked. They talked for 9 minutes. I talked to her condemned her action. Though she later appologised. I made her promise me never to communicate with him again. For hours now she's been unhappy and moody.

Pls someone should tell me o, what's really going on?.

My friend you don't have to be an option in someone's life. Obviously, your supposed gf still have affection towards her ex. She's cheating on you!! Emotional infidelity is same as sexual infidelity.

Stop wasting your life over a confused woman. Walk away with the little dignity you still have left. You deserve to be loved, and respected by your woman. And please don't tell me moving on is gonna be hard. Take this bold step, and see how strong you really are inside.

1 Like

Re: When She's Older Than You by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2016
valdes00:

Thank u sis.... I knw all this ppl on NL... so I can't b moved by their comments.... The kind of respect she gives me in this relationship is unbelievable... I didn't even gt such from my ex even wit d fact dat am older Dan her with 2yrs.... She's jus so exceptional.... 2yrs+ now n she has Neva given me any reason to back out...

You are welcome dear.... thank God you know them wella . grin...no mind them, spoiling people's joy... am happy u have your own mind and can stand on any decision u make.. that's good.. keep it up..
God will bless and prosper your union with her that friends, families and people will marvel , how you guyz do it, so well and live so long together in matrimony.
Invite me oooo smileyoooo...
Re: When She's Older Than You by omonighoblessing(f): 11:35am On Apr 21, 2016
seriously I can't tell ......but u never know until u find yourself in that position. ......there is presently this very cute guy in my school am heads-over-heals in love with....but mehnnnnnn.he is first year.......I just finished school awaiting service ....Am 26 and he is 23......I love him but it can't work.......Am ready for marriage he is not.me can't wait for him ooooo.
good luck to those practitioners out there.
by the way....what's BTW?
Re: When She's Older Than You by valdes00(m): 11:35am On Apr 21, 2016
Amelian:

You are welcome dear.... thank God you know them wella . grin...no mind them, spoiling people's joy... am happy u have your own mind and can stand on any decision u make.. that's good.. keep it up..
God will bless and prosper your union with her that friends, families and people will marvel , how you guyz do it, so well and live so long together in matrimony.
Lollzzz... Thank u once again... I wish u also the best
Re: When She's Older Than You by todayguest(m): 11:37am On Apr 21, 2016
LadyJul:
I can't marry someone am older than... I wonder how gals do it sef
. . . .but you can Bleep?
Re: When She's Older Than You by livinbygrace: 11:45am On Apr 21, 2016
christopher123:

Yes...I can marry a lady that is 3 to 4 years older . it doesn't make any difference. What matters is mutual respect

And in Igbo land woman doesn't senior a man ....

A man will always be head of the house

Wrong example,marriage is different from dating a girl of 16 year cannot be compared to a man of 20yrs .She has more experience and maturity than other.moreover,most Igbo men don't marry older women..Even the illiterates among them marry young and fresh girls.A reasonable Igbo man can never marry an older woman except for a reason.Their wives is their pride and showcase them anywhere.
Re: When She's Older Than You by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 21, 2016
I have always believed that men value respect even above love on a relationship. That is why the most peaceful relationships are always the ones with a woman who submits. Age is not the issue here, I could date a 21yr old girl today and she could still still be arrogant as f*ck.

If you woman submits to you and makes you happy in your relationship, stick with her. don't overcomplicate things for yourself.

1 Like

Re: When She's Older Than You by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 21, 2016
I have always believed that men value respect even above love in a relationship. That is why the best relationships are always the ones with a woman who submits. Age is not the issue here, I could date a 21yr old girl today and she could still still be arrogant as f*ck.

If you woman submits to you and makes you happy in your relationship, stick with her. don't overcomplicate things for yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When She's Older Than You by mytym(m): 12:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
lwanibeauty:
Be sincere with yourself....
and this goes to all real men on Nairaland...
Can you get married to a lady that's older than you ? like she collected 3 or 4 yrs from you....but she's very humble...

Yes,if she got baby looks and humble too... not more than 3years.

1 Like

Re: When She's Older Than You by todayguest(m): 12:10pm On Apr 21, 2016
I'd not marry a woman older than I am. I agree, they behaved more matured in several marital issues. I can only marry an older woman when their are no younger women alive. Considering appearances, though, some younger ones can look like your elder sister, with the passage of time. However, whenever, the thought of an older woman comes to mind. One incident readily pops up to dissuade me. I live in an apartment where the Landlord and family lives in another city. But, comes home occasionaly. The first day I saw his wife, I thought that, she was his older sister--one season, the look-alike. God saved me that day. I almost asked the man if she was his elder. Surprising, this woman is even older than his elder brothers wife, with all her grown up kids.
Re: When She's Older Than You by Temmytea70(m): 12:12pm On Apr 21, 2016
valdes00:

I will try not to forget u.

[color=][/color] grin
Re: When She's Older Than You by tosyne2much(m): 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
CFCman:

Exactly. My brother is 2 younger than his wife and they live in a happy home.

I can't go to extremes to date a lady 8 yrs older than me, except Linda Ikeji grin

Most African/Blacks won't fancy dating a younger guy though. It's almost a taboo.
Bro, I also can't imagine myself in that situation cheesy
Re: When She's Older Than You by Maximus85(m): 12:17pm On Apr 21, 2016
Amelian:

Lol..... no mind the Op, as if anyone can collect person years and add to his or her own...they be wizard or winch? grin

E wonderfulling me ooo
Re: When She's Older Than You by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
yes
..°•°bye cheesy
Re: When She's Older Than You by pek(m): 12:25pm On Apr 21, 2016
Let me relate with my own experience. My late wife (God bless her soul) was FIVE years older than me. The difference was obvious cause I look far younger than my age. In fact, some think I am 10-15 years younger. Now, before I married her, I met a lot of oppositions. If not because I love her and resolve I had, I would have backed out. The pressure was too much. But she turned out to be a wonderful daughter in law to all those that opposed the union. She NEVER for one day talked back at me or raised her voice. She was a near perfect woman. Two years after her death, I am still single! No relationship cause I am yet to meet anyone like her. She was not only a wife, she was a wife, a confidant, my mum and my sister. My brother, if love her, go for her. Don't let society dictate your happiness.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: When She's Older Than You by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 21, 2016
uzoormah:

hi...Where av u been
°•°3 day ban angry
Re: When She's Older Than You by christopher123(m): 12:32pm On Apr 21, 2016
livinbygrace:

Wrong example,marriage is different from dating a girl of 16 year cannot be compared to a man of 20yrs .She has more experience and maturity than other.moreover,most Igbo men don't marry older women..Even the illiterates among them marry young and fresh girls.A reasonable Igbo man can never marry an older woman except for a reason.Their wives is their pride and showcase them anywhere.

Mike ezuonye is Igbo his wife is older
P square is Igbo his wife is older

And what makes u feel it is unreasonable to marry older woman

To me once a woman gives me peace and happiness I am okay

But she won't use5 years to senior me

Even my aunt senior the husband and they are marked for over 30 yrs and happy

So mind the way you talk

3 Likes

Re: When She's Older Than You by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2016
hifaif1:

Yes, very interesting!!! If you have questions about the priesthood, do let me know.

You will look perfect in the religious habiliments of a nun!!!
°•°No way
°•°I like men.I can't be no nun angry
Re: When She's Older Than You by jeffoe(m): 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2016
aristosoft:
No! Noo!!! Nooooo!!!! For me.
That humility is artificial. You ain't the one marrying her, she's the one marrying you. She won't surrender completely to you. He'll always assume she's more experienced than you are.
Think deeply, woman can keep their real behavior especially if they want to push something thru.

On a lighter mood, typical Yoruba, she collect 3-4 years from him, make she too collect am back na grin
are your opinion based on personal experience. all the girls i have dated that gave me headache (they where all younger than me), except my present one who i intend to marry and note she is older than me.
Re: When She's Older Than You by yesboss20(m): 1:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
Interesting views up there.

Personally, I was a dude all "pro-dating the older woman" until recently. I had only ever dated ladies who were older (my first was an age mate though.) Nonetheless, my major relationship to date was the deal breaker - she was five and a half years older yet we were seriously into each other. Had I been older, a tad more committed and forthright with my true feelings for her, I could have proposed in the least but it took our breakup to discover how far we had been entwined together. She remains the best I have met.

As nature would have it, my next lady friend turned out to be older as well (yeah, this was where I knew I had issues gravitating toward younger felines). All in all, I have come to realise that I would not be comfortable going down the aisle with an older lady, it is just too much - for the man, it seems right and easy but taking a look at it from the woman's side, I wouldn't want to put her in that spot! I am trying to desensitize myself from it.

To each as he/she is comfortable with for nothing is guaranteed in life. Love goes a long way but friendship goes even further in the union of a man and his wife I have gathered. Pursue what is on the inside which lasts for a lifetime.

Regards,
Yesboss!

1 Like

Re: When She's Older Than You by uzoormah(m): 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
°•°3 day ban angry

What for??
our mods r really smthn else
Re: When She's Older Than You by yesboss20(m): 1:09pm On Apr 21, 2016
Interesting views up there.

Personally, I was a dude all "pro-dating the older woman" until recently. I had only ever dated ladies who were older (my first was an age mate though.) Nonetheless, my major relationship to date was the deal breaker - she was five and a half years older yet we were seriously into each other. Had I been older, a tad more committed and forthright with my true feelings for her, I could have proposed in the least but it took our breakup to discover how far we had been entwined together. She remains the best I have met.

As nature would have it, my next lady friend turned out to be older as well (yeah, this was where I knew I had issues gravitating toward younger felines). All in all, I have come to realise that I would not be comfortable going down the aisle with an older lady, it is just too much - for the man, it seems right and easy but taking a look at it from the woman's side, I wouldn't want to put her in that spot! I am trying to desensitize myself from it.

To each as he/she is comfortable with for nothing is guaranteed in life. Love goes a long way but friendship goes even further in the union of a man and his wife I have gathered. Pursue what is on the inside which lasts for a lifetime.

Regards,
Yesboss!

1 Like

Re: When She's Older Than You by uzoormah(m): 1:12pm On Apr 21, 2016
Amelian:

Na today?? na there u go dey
Re: When She's Older Than You by uzoormah(m): 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
omonighoblessing:
seriously I can't tell ......but u never know until u find yourself in that position. ......there is presently this very cute guy in my school am heads-over-heals in love with....but mehnnnnnn.he is first year.......I just finished school awaiting service ....Am 26 and he is 23......I love him but it can't work.......Am ready for marriage he is not.me can't wait for him ooooo.
good luck to those practitioners out there.
by the way....what's BTW?

U just answerd ur question..
BTW
How are u today
Re: When She's Older Than You by godman01(m): 1:42pm On Apr 21, 2016
sidneyj:
half men will surely say yes

but real men will say no
It's actually the other way round.
Re: When She's Older Than You by hifaif1: 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
°•°No way °•°I like men.I can't be no nun angry
grin!!!
Re: When She's Older Than You by omonighoblessing(f): 1:51pm On Apr 21, 2016
uzoormah:

U just answerd ur question..
BTW
How are u today
so BTW means how 're u today?......what does the initials stand for
Re: When She's Older Than You by uzoormah(m): 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2016
omonighoblessing:
so BTW means how 're u today?......what does the initials stand for
By
The
Way
Re: When She's Older Than You by omonighoblessing(f): 1:58pm On Apr 21, 2016
uzoormah:
By The Way
ohhhhhhhhh XOXOXO......muaaaaaah! thanks
Re: When She's Older Than You by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2016
uzoormah:

What for??
our mods r really smthn else
°•°I'm out now so really don't care no more grin
..°•°I broke an am still breaking rule10
Re: When She's Older Than You by uzoormah(m): 2:00pm On Apr 21, 2016
christopher123:

P square is Igbo his wife is older

Abeg heat is too much. wch one be psquare is igbo HIS wife is older? abeg abeg.. heat is too much
Re: When She's Older Than You by uzoormah(m): 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
omonighoblessing:
ohhhhhhhhh XOXOXO......muaaaaaah! thanks
welcome dear

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Tolulope Fatunbi: Man Proposes To His Girlfriend With Fleets Of Drones / Bolaji Alonge & Sandra Vermuyten Wed With 20 Keke Napeps Convoy (Wedding Photos) / Photos Of Nigerian Man & His Big Girlfriend Trend Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.