Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police (31618 Views)

Arrest Killers Of Fulani Herdsmen In Mambila, Numan, Others – Miyetti Allah / Fulani Herdsmen: Police Helicopter Arrives Benue. See Reactions (Photos) / Niger Delta Avengers Condemns Attack On Soldiers, Vows To Fish Out Killers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Nobody: 10:33am On May 02, 2016
Adelaide2:

What research did he do? Who reviewed it? Where is the result of the research?

You are obviously still in school.

He reached an informed position by reviewing history, grazing patterns and basic biology. While this does not constitute empirical research it is miles better than the quick on the spot, bias ridden opinions given by many.

Research thinking is a way of reaching conclusion and not merely a process of submitting and having term papers accepted.

It's a lifestyle not a stand alone activity.
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by faites(f): 10:33am On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
Me residing in London or Jupiter is not the issue here. What I want from you is to show me any evidence of Fulani herdsmen roaming around with their cattle in your region. Let's do away with all the names calling here my friend. I believe we are trying to educate one another here.

My friend, quit speaking out of ignorance. If u are in doubt, just come over to the SE and see for urself. There has been an ongoing battle between these notorious herdsmen and farmers. In fact, my friend and former colleague was maimed by a fulani herdsman. Those guys are terrors in human for. STOP DEFENDING THEM.
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by RoyalGreen(f): 10:34am On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
Me residing in London or Jupiter is not the issue here. What I want from you is to show me any evidence of Fulani herdsmen roaming around with their cattle in your region. Let's do away with all the names calling here my friend. I believe we are trying to educate one another here.
these people are not there to rare cows but are out to terrorize. so which pics do you seek again?
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Ddaji(m): 10:34am On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
The entire Fulani herdsmen attacking a community for no just reason doesn't make an iota of sense. Furthermore, I was able to identify the major grazing fields for the Fulani cattle in Nigeria. And the southeast is not on that list, meaning Fulani herdsmen rarely take their cows to the eastern part of this country. Borno state is the number one grazing destination for Fulani herdsmen. So I challenge anybody from Enugu or southeastern Nigeria to just show me one picture of Fulani herdsmen grazing in their lands.
Bros you are very intelligent and you see things beyond PDP paper vanguard and iPod propaganda. To me the whole issue of fulani's attack is only agenda to cover up/divert attention from killing northerners in ibo land discovered by DSS. The CP is ibo likewise majority of security agents are ibos,are they telling us no single Fulani is arrested. Looking at the topography of the area only mad man will believe that fulanis and their cows develop wings and disappear in the thick bush.The whole idea is to justify killing of northerners in SE if not give us concrete evidence not vanguard propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Charles4075(m): 10:34am On May 02, 2016
Mehn, the insults level on this thread is ''LEGENDARY''. All because of one dude

Nairalanders, take a chill. The simple truth is if anyone knows or feel the fulani-herdsmen crisis is a propaganda, he/she should get his camping equipment and pay a visit to the crime scene and get hard facts be it true or false rather than staying indoors searching google..

I just pray this ish should be settled and everything should be back to normal.. I hate it so much when I see matured guys and ladies exchanging abusive words here on Nairaland.. We are the hope and future of this nation guys, let's try to be cautious of what we say or do to one another.

To @Fizznation, I get it you posted what you felt was right in your own opinion but you shouldn't just feel you already know a place just because you happen to google it.. I believe if you wanna be a true journalist, you can pay a visit to Nigeria, go to the crime scene, take some pictures, setup an interview with some local residents at the crime scene and there you have it, your hard earned facts bro.

Pls for the last time Nairalanders, I'm begging each and everyone of you guys, we are the future and hope of this great nation. Let's try to settle our differences. #PEACE#
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by NATIONALPASTOR: 10:34am On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
The entire Fulani herdsmen attacking a community for no just reason doesn't make an iota of sense. Furthermore, I was able to identify the major grazing fields for the Fulani cattle in Nigeria. And the southeast is not on that list, meaning Fulani herdsmen rarely take their cows to the eastern part of this country. Borno state is the number one grazing destination for Fulani herdsmen. So I challenge anybody from Enugu or southeastern Nigeria to just show me one picture of Fulani herdsmen grazing in their lands.
Don't stay in your little hut and just type your research. You have never travelled out of Osun state before so how do you want to know the truth about the Igbo land?
I don't want to believe ure very foolish and a sadist too, but you keep convincing me to.

People that experienced the incident told you its Fulani Herdsmen and you're in your hut at osun telling us you don't believe that. So are the killers YORUBA HERDSMEN? Or is there something you know and want to tell us?

NIGERIAN STATE WILL NEVER WORK BECAUSE YOU HATE YOURSELVES.
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Chicagoesontop: 10:34am On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
You can bring any kind of evidence you wish to bring of Fulani herdsmen activities in your region, I mean anything. Look here my friend, I spend about 6 good hours of my time understanding the demography of the southeast and the grazing fields of Fulani herdsmen in southern Nigeria. All I ever wanted was for any of you to debunk my findings but unfortunately you guys are not doing that, instead you all have resorted to name callings.

Insults is not my thing please and I detest it, you lots can have a nice day since you can't debunk my findings

Many People Are Telling You Your Mistakes, Both In Writing, Thinking, And Browsing Rubbish And You Are Still Arguing With Them, This Shows That Your Stupidity And Iberibe Does Not Have A Rival... No Insults, But Honestly My Brother You Are A Very Stupid Person, And As A Good Christian All I Can Do Is To Pray For You To Receive Sense In Jesus Name AMEN !!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by kalus02: 10:37am On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:

Guy ask ur stupid self the reason why Boko Haram has been attacking innocent people in Northern villages, or other terrorist groups attack innocent people. Or better still ask ur self Y fulani herdsmen have been attacking villages in Jos, Nasarawa and Agatu Benue state.
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by nonjebose(m): 10:37am On May 02, 2016
rusher14:

Even with some harsh words I prefer your records and accounts of the farmi system and sustenance of cattle along that route.

You've touched on the availability of crops for the cattle, you've given an account as a witness to the effects of cattle rearing in the community.

I wish other will continue this path rather than insults.

I would like further evidence be provided though.

Not necessarily from you but from other to help buttress the point.

Why don't take a trip to the SE. Just 5 states, you will get all the evidence that you will ever need. Just get off your phone or laptop and take a road trip. Go and discover for yourself
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by kushma(m): 10:40am On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
there is no sense in this your write up. So you mean the herdsmen don't graze in the southeast or are you just making mockery of these killings? Have you even been to southeast before to see whether there are Fulani's herdmen there maybe if you are affected incidents maybe they killed one of your relatives or relations then you will agree that these Fulani crisis in east are real.
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Kennydoc(m): 10:41am On May 02, 2016
rusher14:
Fizznation has spoken like an intelligent, logical thinker.

What he says might hurt but he hits home.

This is 2016. We are all chatting on mobile phones usually with embedded cameras.

He demands proof of herdsmen grazing their herds in these communities.

He claims the vegetation is not of the quality that might attract cows and sees no reason why these herdsmen would be in these communities in the first place.

Surely, we aren't barbarians in Nigeria. We cannot abandon the scientific, logical approach to problem solving.

Can we look beyond sentiments and provide proof?

If I post pictures of Fulani cattle herders grazing their cattle in Benue for example, how will he know it isn't from the south east? His posts are really illogical. That assertion is very crazy.
I'm from the south east, and I know these herders and their cattle abound in my community and those surrounding mine.

How can you do an internet research about an issue going on in Nigeria, and claim you've done a research? Even in the field of medicine for example, there are very limited data emanating from Nigeria, for numerous cases and conditions. How much more something as unspecific as cattle grazing?

When he carried out his research, didn't he see reports in the national dailies about different confrontations between villagers in the south east and cattle herders? Why weren't those reports adequate for him?

It's actually stupid saying that Fulani herders don't graze their cattle in the SE. Such a statement doesn't deserve a response. If only he attempted to do even the least of field research, he would never have made that useless assertion.
How can he claim that Borno is the main grazing land for the cattle. Do they also graze in Borno between November and March when almost the whole North is dry and green leaves can barely be seen?

For your information, these guys graze not just grasses but anything green. The reason farmers often have clashes with them is that they often take their cattle into farmlands and destroy crops. As a result, some farmers engage them in a fight and in the process, some of their cattle may be killed (or stolen). The killing of villagers often happen in retaliation of the killing (and occasionally stealing) of their cattle.

cc Fizznation

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by theEYe21(f): 10:42am On May 02, 2016
You can't compare Boko haram's agenda to fulani's heardmen agenda, they are very different. The Fulani heardmen only Cares about their cows, for example if anything happens to any of the Fulani's cows, they are likely to kill a person for it, to show you how angry and personal they can get. The fulani's tribe doesn't only reside in Nigeria, there are a lot of fulani's in different part of Africa like Mali. Some Fulani heardmen migrate all the way from Mali to Nigeria just to graze, breed and prevent tsetse fly from killing their cows. That's how personal they are with their cows.
cescky:

Either ur child or u cant think normally.....tell me how boko haram was provoked before they started killing people....u peole shld pls learn to think before typing...even if, what sort of provocation warrants such killings?
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Chrisx1x(m): 10:43am On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
Everybody knew that Fulani herdsmen kidnapped the respected elderly statesman, chief olu falae. There were pictorial and video evidences. The culprits were also interviewed. I believed that story and I know my brothers did it. The Ogun incident too came with a lot of evidences that Fulani herdsmen were involved.

But this particular nimba uzo incident is very ludicrous. The entire thing looks like some kind of acting. Fulani people don't roam around that area with their cattle(I have evidences). The reports were clashing with one another. Vanguard knew about the attack even before it happened and they didn't report it to DSS, army etc. How could 500 later 50 herdsmen attack a community without any provocation?
one of the flaws in your writeup is that you made use of google as your only source .i think you need to visit one of the affected state to get a first hand information on the situation on ground.the first question you should ask yourself is why everyone is saying the attacks are masterminded by the fulani herdsmen.lets not live in self denial because that will not help.as for the pictorial evidence,you don't expect people who are running for their dear life to be taking pictures,do you.
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Nobody: 10:44am On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
What manner of evidence do u really need?the community they attacked said it and now the police is coming out to say the same thing and you are here selling your stupidity to the world.the same way ur folks brought boko haram which has devastated your economy and any thing left in the north,bet me ur fulani folks will bring greater damages to the north
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Nobody: 10:45am On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
Suspected herdsmen!!! Now the question is; why would any "herdsmen" just wake up one morning and start killing innocent people indiscriminately even without any provocation? From this report, one can clearly see that the herdsmen and the community have never had any clash, no herdsmen/farmers clash was ever reported. I googled and studied the demography of that nimba uzo community yesterday, and I couldn't even see any place were a single cow can graze. The grasses over their were not the type of grass the average Fulani cattle will eat.

Anyway after I did my little research, I sent my work to the appropriate person. Like I always said, this "invincible herdsmen" story must be unveiled. And the truth will speak at last.

MODIFIED*

Just like I anticipated. No proof whatsoever but everyone has resorted to insults. Someone even said that he just passed some Fulani herdsmen in Enugu. I mean the same Enugu that many people came here to tell anybody that cares to listen that "all Fulani herdsmen" have abdicated some few days ago. Why are people contradicting themselves for goodness sake?

Anyway why did the moderator changed the real heading of this thread? Very funny. Initially I thought some logical minds will counter my claims, but I guess I underestimated the thinking and reasoning capacity of some people. Fulani herdsmen might have committed one atrocious act or another in the past, but this latest claim that Fulani herdsmen ransacked nimba community is what I will never believe until I'm shown concrete evidence. But for the meantime, whatever anybody say is just hearsay and I will never take such reports any serious. Fulani herdsmen are not invincible for crying out loud. I'm sorry if I didn't sound like the average typical Nigerian to you people, but facts{thats if there's any}shouldnt be fictionalized

God will surely punish whoever brought you into this world
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by LecciGucci: 10:49am On May 02, 2016
intelligent fool... u tried to be smart yet u contradicted urself.... so no provocation caused the killing in s.E that's why u don't blive it was heardsmen.... so the one u believed they did in ondo did u hear about any provocation? ?
fulani heardsmen are heartless devils dat don't need any provocation to be violent.
if u keep supporting or trying to defend this pple from this inhumane act.
then get ready to meet it own Waterloo
bcoz what goes around comes around.
RUBBISH!!!
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Vado(m): 10:49am On May 02, 2016
Mbilla:
You even get time to educate a tribalist Yoruba mad man who is roaming the street of London

Mr. Man that bloody fool is no Yoruba. He admitted that his "brothers" kidnapped Olu Falae. He is just a Fulani scumbag trying to sound intellectual.
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by nonjebose(m): 10:49am On May 02, 2016
greenpasture:

Comparison, Contrast, Consolidation and Exception criteria are the marks of true analysis. You don't need a lab to do this, they can be done in a shot time provided you know what you are doing.

Everyone has a bias, it is only by following a mental process like this that you can be sure you are acting on the facts and not on your pet view. That's the true marks of an educated soul. The willingness to dump personal bias for an informed position.

Can't believe you wrote this.

Bookmark the page/story and come back to it in three years and let's talk then.
Clearly you know nothing about education. You clearly took a stand with a position that is an "exception". The three Cs fall flat in the face of an evidential and discovery process. Mind you, no where have these analyses been proven to negate the superority of discovery learning. Read up my other posts on this matter, then you will learn why your analysis is faulty
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Nobody: 10:50am On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
say what you know fella, fulani herdsmen graze their cattle in enugu. Just finished my 1yr nysc in a village close to nsukka and I can tell you with facts that cattle graze in enugu. It even got to a time we saw thousands of cattle moved by this herdsmen at night to a different community, the reason for their maraud is what I can't tell. I can't tell you for sure that the fulani herdsmen did this atrocities but if the people are saying so, then there is an iota of truth in it. Probably the community must have asked them to stop their grazing in their land before which must have resulted to this. Just an opinion though. For the records, fulani herdsmen are much in enugu doing their biz as at when I left enugu few weeks ago.
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Nobody: 10:52am On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
Suspected herdsmen!!! Now the question is; why would any "herdsmen" just wake up one morning and start killing innocent people indiscriminately even without any provocation? From this report, one can clearly see that the herdsmen and the community have never had any clash, no herdsmen/farmers clash was ever reported. I googled and studied the demography of that nimba uzo community yesterday, and I couldn't even see any place were a single cow can graze. The grasses over their were not the type of grass the average Fulani cattle will eat.

Anyway after I did my little research, I sent my work to the appropriate person. Like I always said, this "invincible herdsmen" story must be unveiled. And the truth will speak at last.

MODIFIED*

Just like I anticipated. No proof whatsoever but everyone has resorted to insults. Someone even said that he just passed some Fulani herdsmen in Enugu. I mean the same Enugu that many people came here to tell anybody that cares to listen that "all Fulani herdsmen" have abdicated some few days ago. Why are people contradicting themselves for goodness sake?

Anyway why did the moderator changed the real heading of this thread? Very funny. Initially I thought some logical minds will counter my claims, but I guess I underestimated the thinking and reasoning capacity of some people. Fulani herdsmen might have committed one atrocious act or another in the past, but this latest claim that Fulani herdsmen ransacked nimba community is what I will never believe until I'm shown concrete evidence. But for the meantime, whatever anybody say is just hearsay and I will never take such reports any serious. Fulani herdsmen are not invincible for crying out loud. I'm sorry if I didn't sound like the average typical Nigerian to you people, but facts{thats if there's any}shouldnt be fictionalized

Where you dropped on your head while a kid or are you just plain stupid. You're just a waste of sperm. Anuofia
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by CyberWolf: 10:52am On May 02, 2016
LecciGucci:

intelligent fool... u tried to be smart yet u contradicted urself.... so no provocation caused the killing in s.E that's why u don't blive it was heardsmen.... so the one u believed they did in ondo did u hear about any provocation? ?
fulani heardsmen are heartless devils dat don't need any provocation to be violent.
if u keep supporting or trying to defend this pple from this inhumane act.
then get ready to meet it own Waterloo
bcoz what goes around comes around.
RUBBISH!!!
So why you quoting me
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Fourwinds: 10:53am On May 02, 2016
Were they mad before to have denied it? Nigerian Police Force playing polities with reality

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Kennydoc(m): 10:56am On May 02, 2016
Ddaji:
Bros you are very intelligent and you see things beyond PDP paper vanguard and iPod propaganda. To me the whole issue of fulani's attack is only agenda to cover up/divert attention from killing northerners in ibo land discovered by DSS. The CP is ibo likewise majority of security agents are ibos,are they telling us no single Fulani is arrested. Looking at the topography of the area only mad man will believe that fulanis and their cows develop wings and disappear in the thick bush. The whole idea is to justify killing of northerners in SE if not give us concrete evidence not vanguard propaganda.

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! I'm shocked at what an educated adult just wrote.
So you believe the report of the already compromised DSS that 5 fulanis were killed and buried in Abia state, but you deny the overwhelming report by the police, media, and eye witnesses with all the video and pictorial evidence that Fulani herders attacked the SE.
Was the report about Agatu incident also meant to justify killing of northerners by Benue people? What about kidnapping of Olu Falae and killing of His guard? What about other atrocities going on in the middle belt by these herders?
May God have mercy on you.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by LecciGucci: 10:56am On May 02, 2016
CyberWolf:
So why you quoting me
grin
CyberWolf:
So why you quoting me
lol sorry bro... mistake
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by 400billionman: 10:56am On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:

MODIFIED*

Keep making mouth. Who are you ? And who cares to convince you ?

When you see one double edged sharp knife now, you will forget everything you wrote her.

Smh..
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by 400billionman: 10:58am On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:

Now, i can confidently say that you are mad.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by erayo2GCA(m): 11:00am On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:

I thought you were intelligent but with this post I SMH
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by CyberWolf: 11:00am On May 02, 2016
LecciGucci:

grin

lol sorry bro... mistake
I understand.. These Northerners can be very annoying sometimes.. That's how their leaders, youths and all of them think. Causing problem everywhere round the country. 90% of Nigeria's problem is from north, diseases, poverty, illiteracy, violence, terrorism, etc, are all from North.. Why?
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by nonjebose(m): 11:00am On May 02, 2016
theEYe21:
You can't compare Boko haram's agenda to fulani's heardmen agenda, they are very different. The Fulani heardmen only Cares about their cows, for example if anything happens to any of the Fulani's cows, they are likely to kill a person for it, to show you how angry and personal they can get. The fulani's tribe doesn't only reside in Nigeria, there are a lot of fulani's in different part of Africa like Mali. Some Fulani heardmen migrate all the way from Mali to Nigeria just to graze, breed and prevent tsetse fly from killing their cows. That's how personal they are with their cows.
The provocation is what you just typed. They trespass into your farm, destroy your crops, destroy your source livelihood, you challenge them, no apologies, chase them out,they take offense they rest is history

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by nonjebose(m): 11:01am On May 02, 2016
theEYe21:
The provocation is what you just typed. They trespass into your farm, destroy your crops, destroy your source livelihood, you challenge them, no apologies, chase them out,they take offense the rest is history

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by otego: 11:01am On May 02, 2016
What did our poor women here in Kwale, Delta State do to them that they harass and attempt to rape them? Is it not becos they refused them grazing their cattle in their cassava farms? Is that not sheer wickedness? Or the many community members they've killed in ndokwa/ ukwuani land. What did they do to them? Are the poor farmers' crops supposed to be pastures for their cattle? Why would they lead their cattle into their farms? Is that not oppression? Then when they protest, they bully them- rape and kill them. It's high time the govt did some abt it. You can't go to somebody's land and oppress him there. Our silence is not cowardice.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by cescky(m): 11:02am On May 02, 2016
theEYe21:

So? Can a mans life be replaced? No, can a cows life be replaced? Yes,

I lived in ghana and fulanis exist there too, how come de value human life there and not here? If not that they think cows and their won life are the same will they be so sensless?... I cant blame them they see themslves as animals and so they are and so is any one who supports their madness

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 / Yoruba Ronu: Your Son Has Turned Nigeria's Economy Into A Desert - Buhari Ahmed / Osun Governorship Election: Ademola Adeleke Leads With 51% In Twitter Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.