Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,014 members, 7,835,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police (31605 Views)

Arrest Killers Of Fulani Herdsmen In Mambila, Numan, Others – Miyetti Allah / Fulani Herdsmen: Police Helicopter Arrives Benue. See Reactions (Photos) / Niger Delta Avengers Condemns Attack On Soldiers, Vows To Fish Out Killers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by OBAFEMIawolowo: 12:18pm On May 02, 2016
Fabrolistic:

guy/gul, don't just jump into conclusion without taking a thorough løok into the matter. I grew up in enugu, and fulani men till today are scattered in every of the bush down there. Even while entering the city, you see then along the road, starting from 9th mile-enugu ngwo. Go to nike side, same thing. Also, from nsukka down to enugu-ezike, from there to igala. These herdsmen are all over there.

They move in the middle of the night, and occassionally during the day. Any time they passed, was a very sad story for the communities, as the cattle w'ld eat anything eatable in your farm.
I had they rob along 9th mile-nsukka axis
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by tobiasbeecher: 12:19pm On May 02, 2016
greenpasture:

I can only laugh

And you wrote "then I'm afraid you yourself has wasted a whole lot of resources and time to get education"
You can't even get your tense straight and you claim to be educated?

When writing about education, check your English or else, you will give away cheap shots like this.

Straighten up and come back later.

Empty vessel always makes the loudest noise! Though, that was a typo owing to the auto correction function in my phone, but I don't really care if I make the odd mistakes here and there when writing, what is most important to me is passing my message across . And the message is simple: You're Suffering from acute brain haemorrhage for supporting such barbaric point of view! People like you with wack mentality should never be allowed to have access to the internet!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Trustyd1(m): 12:23pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
Herdsmen exist, true. But what I still don't believe is the lies being told everyday, which is Fulani herdsmen carried out the nimba uzo attacks. Till date nobody has brought any concrete evidence that will implicate the Fulani herdsmen as the real culprits. All I have been hearing is hearsay
but u blivd it wen DSS said dat 50herdsmen were buried in Abu?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by to9ine: 12:35pm On May 02, 2016
My sincere apologies for all the insults given by people who ought to be knowledgeable or at least counter with facts.
I happen to work sometimes in an oil rig at ibigwe community in Imo state. I have noticed herdsmen around this area severally.. I'm not very knowledgeable on types of grasses cows eat. But there are thick bushes here and I see cows feeding.. So I believe ur map is wrong.. God bless and do more findings because I have truly seen herdsmen with their cattle in several parts of the East. I'l get you a picture/video when next I see one. bless you

fiizznation:
Suspected herdsmen!!! Now the question is; why would any "herdsmen" just wake up one morning and start killing innocent people indiscriminately even without any provocation? From this report, one can clearly see that the herdsmen and the community have never had any clash, no herdsmen/farmers clash was ever reported. I googled and studied the demography of that nimba uzo community yesterday, and I couldn't even see any place were a single cow can graze. The grasses over their were not the type of grass the average Fulani cattle will eat.

Anyway after I did my little research, I sent my work to the appropriate person. Like I always said, this "invincible herdsmen" story must be unveiled. And the truth will speak at last.IED*

Just like I anticipated. No proof whatsoever but everyone has resorted to insults. Someone even said that he just passed some Fulani herdsmen in Enugu. I mean the same Enugu that many people came here to tell anybody that cares to listen that "all Fulani herdsmen" have abdicated some few days ago. Why are people contradicting themselves for goodness sake?

Anyway why did the moderator changed the real heading of this thread? Very funny. Initially I thought some logical minds will counter my claims, but I guess I underestimated the thinking and reasoning capacity of some people. Fulani herdsmen might have committed one atrocious act or another in the past, but this latest claim that Fulani herdsmen ransacked nimba community is what I will never believe until I'm shown concrete evidence. But for the meantime, whatever anybody say is just hearsay and I will never take such reports any serious. Fulani herdsmen are not invincible for crying out loud. I'm sorry if I didn't sound like the average typical Nigerian to you people, but facts{thats if there's any}shouldnt be fictionalized

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 02, 2016
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by ayaside(m): 12:42pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
Suspected herdsmen!!! Now the question is; why would any "herdsmen" just wake up one morning and start killing innocent people indiscriminately even without any provocation? From this report, one can clearly see that the herdsmen and the community have never had any clash, no herdsmen/farmers clash was ever reported. I googled and studied the demography of that nimba uzo community yesterday, and I couldn't even see any place were a single cow can graze. The grasses over their were not the type of grass the average Fulani cattle will eat.

Anyway after I did my little research, I sent my work to the appropriate person. Like I always said, this "invincible herdsmen" story must be unveiled. And the truth will speak at last.

MODIFIED*

Just like I anticipated. No proof whatsoever but everyone has resorted to insults. Someone even said that he just passed some Fulani herdsmen in Enugu. I mean the same Enugu that many people came here to tell anybody that cares to listen that "all Fulani herdsmen" have abdicated some few days ago. Why are people contradicting themselves for goodness sake?

Anyway why did the moderator changed the real heading of this thread? Very funny. Initially I thought some logical minds will counter my claims, but I guess I underestimated the thinking and reasoning capacity of some people. Fulani herdsmen might have committed one atrocious act or another in the past, but this latest claim that Fulani herdsmen ransacked nimba community is what I will never believe until I'm shown concrete evidence. But for the meantime, whatever anybody say is just hearsay and I will never take such reports any serious. Fulani herdsmen are not invincible for crying out loud. I'm sorry if I didn't sound like the average typical Nigerian to you people, but facts{thats if there's any}shouldnt be fictionalized

I UNDERSTAND YOU QUITE WELL. Again,Some of we Nigerians speak before thinking and are too proud to admit our mistakes when the truth is being revealed
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Twistaray(m): 12:43pm On May 02, 2016
This is getting outta hand.
This heartless beings have got so much guts.

Breaking News happening in umuayia

https://www.nairaland.com/3081516/tears-see-what-herdsmen-caught
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Ricswagger: 12:53pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
The entire Fulani herdsmen attacking a community for no just reason doesn't make an iota of sense. Furthermore, I was able to identify the major grazing fields for the Fulani cattle in Nigeria. And the southeast is not on that list, meaning Fulani herdsmen rarely take their cows to the eastern part of this country. Borno state is the number one grazing destination for Fulani herdsmen. So I challenge anybody from Enugu or southeastern Nigeria to just show me one picture of Fulani herdsmen grazing in their lands.

In asmuch as i like ur use of diction, pls and pls i believe u are more matured than this, do not turn to the sultan of sokoto or the northern gov's who sit in dia comfort zone to defend d crimes committed by fulani terrorist in other part of Nigeria. I schooled in Unizik and i can tell u that the empty lands close to my hostel(st john hostel, ifite) is a grazing field for fulani and their cattle most especially during odd hours like 2am n above. I can remember one early morning when my room tap stopped rushing,i have to go downstairs to fetch water only for a fulani(about 15 to 17yrs of age ) telling me not to go near cos one of his cow has run mad and it is ryt beside the tap i am supposed to use...The fulani boy was visibly scared and cant control the cow,he have to go out to call an older fulani...i went for lecture late that day...
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Ngozi123(f): 12:54pm On May 02, 2016
Laid2001:
So how come there is no single picture of the attackers when Vanguard, The villagers, the police and the government (State and Federal) were aware of it happening before hand!.
How come the villagers still went to farm, even after being told of the imminent attack and it was even on the pages of news paper!.

Yet, the only pictures we get were those of the victims, not of the attackers nor their cows since they are supposed to be herdsmen.

The villagers even indict a police officer (an Igbo) as being a conspirator in the attack.!

Knowing ahead by many, implies the attack is premeditated and hence, those who claimed to have known ahead must be investigated since they must at least be aware of the identity of the attackers.

Where did I say that the villagers knew of these attacks beforehand? I said that the government and thus the police knew about these attacks and did nothing about it due to whatever sinister reason Buhari and his cronies may have. Haven't you ever wondered why it took these latest attacks and the outcry of the Igbos for the government to actually acknowledge them? Why is it that when both communities in Enugu and Abia were attacked, the military and police came just when the villagers were about to retaliate? Who could they possibly be protecting?

Yes the officer is an Igbo man but he is also a member of the Nigerian police force, who does he answer to, Igbo people or the Nigerian government? Remember, this particular police branch were the same ones who did nothing whilst the attacks were happening and happened to intervene just when the villagers were ready to retaliate.

I agree with your last point as I believe that it was a premeditated attack, just as all of their attacks have been, and those who claimed to know about them should be questioned. However, you fail to mention those who knew but said nothing about it, shouldn't they be questioned too? What if those that knew but said nothing about it are the ones who are doing the questioning, what happens then?
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by icybeth(m): 1:01pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
The entire Fulani herdsmen attacking a community for no just reason doesn't make an iota of sense. Furthermore, I was able to identify the major grazing fields for the Fulani cattle in Nigeria. And the southeast is not on that list, meaning Fulani herdsmen rarely take their cows to the eastern part of this country. Borno state is the number one grazing destination for Fulani herdsmen. So I challenge anybody from Enugu or southeastern Nigeria to just show me one picture of Fulani herdsmen grazing in their lands.
theory. Still expecting concrete evidence from ur google research. If not the fulanis then who?
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Lusola15: 1:01pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:

Anyway after I did my little research, I sent my work to the appropriate person. Like I always said, this "invincible herdsmen" story must be unveiled. And the truth will speak at last.

MODIFIED*

Fulani herdsmen do graze in SE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=-uATa0q6l4U
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Ngozi123(f): 1:02pm On May 02, 2016
Fourwinds:
Were they mad before to have denied it? Nigerian Police Force playing polities with reality

It's very scary, they are playing with people's lives.
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by icybeth(m): 1:12pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
Everybody knew that Fulani herdsmen kidnapped the respected elderly statesman, chief olu falae. There were pictorial and video evidences. The culprits were also interviewed. I believed that story and I know my brothers did it. The Ogun incident too came with a lot of evidences that Fulani herdsmen were involved.

But this particular nimba uzo incident is very ludicrous. The entire thing looks like some kind of acting. Fulani people don't roam around that area with their cattle(I have evidences). The reports were clashing with one another. Vanguard knew about the attack even before it happened and they didn't report it to DSS, army etc. How could 500 later 50 herdsmen attack a community without any provocation?
once a killer is always a killer. Why are u contradicting urself. Fulani mouth piece or should i even call u ...
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 02, 2016
The govt needs to be proactive to put such impunity to stop
https://www.nairaland.com/3079122/stop-impunity-uphold-justice-must
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by chigoizie7(m): 1:19pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
You can bring any kind of evidence you wish to bring of Fulani herdsmen activities in your region, I mean anything. Look here my friend, I spend about 6 good hours of my time understanding the demography of the southeast and the grazing fields of Fulani herdsmen in southern Nigeria. All I ever wanted was for any of you to debunk my findings but unfortunately you guys are not doing that, instead you all have resorted to name callings.

Insults is not my thing please and I detest it, you lots can have a nice day since you can't debunk my findings

Let me not insult u.

*just like u said that u understand that there is no grazing field in the east.

*are u trying to tell me that there is no cattle markets in the south?

* are u also trying to insinuate that those cattles in the markets down east/south are all bought the same day they arrive?

* are u also insinuating that those cattles are never fed pending when the buyers come?

* like u said, there is no grazing field down east, and that is enough reasons why they go into people's farms to feed on. U and I know that is enough provocation to the farm owners considering the fact that they are all equiped with assorted arms and charms.

* how can u be comfortable to destroy someone's source of lively hood just to maintain yours and in the process, u expect the person to be quiet?

If u can asnwer all those questions, u will see the reasons for provocations,

It would have been different if there are grazing fields for catles or even a ranch, but to invade people's farms to destroy their crops is totally un acceptable, there is never gonna be a peaceful co-existence once u are maiming your host communities.

I would have insulted u, but u are not worth my time.

In a bid to sound intelligent, u lost it all.

Are u kidding me? Why fulani herdsmen could wake up and start killing it's host? I bet u can aswell ask boko haram why they are killing innocent citizens for no just cause.

This same thing u are doing are all what northern elders did during boko haram, ( a fight against boko haram is a war against the north) well, it back fired, the northerners became the most victims.

And u all want that to repeat itself down the south? NO, we will not allow that, we will keep talking until the whole world hear our voice, we will keep condemning the evil until it is averted, we don't condone or support evil.

The next time, u ask those silly questions of yours, ask urself questions, front and back b4 u spill on yourself.

I bet the beef meat we consume down here are imported as already processed meats from the north. Ignorance is a disease and it even kills faster than hypocrisy. Please desist from it.

As for any evidence that herdsmen are wrecking havoc down south/east,

Take a look @ this link.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=-uATa0q6l4U

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by icybeth(m): 1:20pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
Me residing in London or Jupiter is not the issue here. What I want from you is to show me any evidence of Fulani herdsmen roaming around with their cattle in your region. Let's do away with all the names calling here my friend. I believe we are trying to educate one another here.
are u tryin to play games? If d evidence is shown to u, are u going to fellow killers to stop? A supporter of evil is also evil.
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Klington: 1:22pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
please say what u know n leave the ones u r not sure of,Fulani herdsmen take their cattle to every nooks n crannies of southeast.u are even talking abt hearsay n still u judgement n resolution are based on what if not mere hearsay??
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Klington: 1:23pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
please say what u know n leave the ones u r not sure of,Fulani herdsmen take their cattle to every nooks n crannies of southeast.u are even talking abt hearsay n still ur judgement n resolution are based on what if not mere hearsay??
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by coolscott(m): 1:23pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:

MODIFIED*

[size=14pt]The reason why they are suspected herdsmen of course is because they are identified as northerners. Whether they actually own cows or not may be another issue. But if they are not herdsmen but just northerners, that makes the situation very much worse.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Napoleondegreat: 1:27pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:

Sorry to say this, But you must be an adicted idiot for doubting whether fulanis dø graze in d Se or not .
For those who May be deceived by t
his guy's ignorance and palpable illiteracy, let me recollect dat on saturday I was attending a weding ceremony in Nsukka from Enugu tru old Nsukka road, as we drove tru Ekwegbe i saw abt 5 trips of fulanis wit their cows trying to cross the road. we slowed down as the fulani man struggled to clear the cattles from the road. I couldnt take pix we wia on the move
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by icybeth(m): 1:31pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
You can bring any kind of evidence you wish to bring of Fulani herdsmen activities in your region, I mean anything. Look here my friend, I spend about 6 good hours of my time understanding the demography of the southeast and the grazing fields of Fulani herdsmen in southern Nigeria. All I ever wanted was for any of you to debunk my findings but unfortunately you guys are not doing that, instead you all have resorted to name callings.

Insults is not my thing please and I detest it, you lots can have a nice day since you can't debunk my findings
you detest insult and u will get more from this forum. If it hurt u, use online matchete to slaughter anyone who insult u.
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Klington: 1:34pm On May 02, 2016
please the police should take their stupidity to the emirs,sultsns n all the northern governors who sponsor n defend this people because we already know the perpetrators...

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 02, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

Empty vessel always makes the loudest noise! Though, that was a typo owing to the auto correction function in my phone, but I don't really care if I make the odd mistakes here and there when writing, what is most important to me is passing my message across . And the message is simple: You're Suffering from acute brain haemorrhage for supporting such barbaric point of view! People like you with wack mentality should never be allowed to have access to the internet!

That's better.

I never said I supported him I said I lauded the fact that he attempted to make a case for his point unlike many people on NL who write first and think later.

I don't do insults so I will leave that pleasure to you.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by jogojogo: 1:35pm On May 02, 2016
Mbilla:
You even get time to educate a tribalist Yoruba mad man who is roaming the street of London

You re very stupid for refering that fellow to a "tribalist yoruba mad man". Why not face your problem and stop flaming unnecceassry trouble.
Do you know how many yorubas have condemn attacks.......even before it happened in Enugu? Stop this please!
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by papaejima1: 1:39pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
Herdsmen exist, true. But what I still don't believe is the lies being told everyday, which is Fulani herdsmen carried out the nimba uzo attacks. Till date nobody has brought any concrete evidence that will implicate the Fulani herdsmen as the real culprits. All I have been hearing is hearsay
What's your proof that the Agatu massacre was done by Fulani Herdsmen?

Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Klington: 1:40pm On May 02, 2016
icybeth:
you detest insult and u will get more from this forum. If it hurt u, use online matchete to slaughter anyone who insult u.
u ve bn busy typing nonsense all day,u talked about hearsay,ur judgement n resolution are based on what if not hearsay..u are about the only person who don't know that Fulani herdsmen take their cattles to all nooks n crannies of southeast.
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by 9japride(m): 1:48pm On May 02, 2016
Let the Fulani graze their cattle up north we d south east does not not have anything in common with them. Though some of them can be nice but I don't understand what usually posses them to kill people in cold blood. The educated ones should teach them hw to relate with other people with peace. This issue really piss me off and i'll keep ringing this onto their ears and to some snitch in d south west God is watching u all. Peace
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by icybeth(m): 1:50pm On May 02, 2016
Klington:
u ve bn busy typing nonsense all day,u talked about hearsay,ur judgement n resolution are based on what if not hearsay..u are about the only person who don't know that Fulani herdsmen take their cattles to all nooks n crannies of southeast.
meet someone 2 explain what i ve written.
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Klington: 2:00pm On May 02, 2016
icybeth:
meet someone 2 explain what i ve written.
sorry that was not meant for u.
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by chimaobinelson(m): 2:02pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
Oga stop publisizing ur foolishness,its folks like u with their so call analytical reason wil stay in the comfort of ur idp camp and make senseless and inductive claims. u cant be there and be here at d same time,i,for instance do visit my parents in Abia state SE Nigeria,i can tell you i witness on daily basis, bands of these herdsmen comin n grazing with their cattles,Do u actually think dat all these victims are telling lie,or cant they recognize who attack them or what.
atleast de victim lik de man in d Op picture is nt dead,y dont u go and interogate him or have u lost your data collection technique?
dont always in d quest to mk a difference expose ur ignorance..dats wisdom
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by vickylala239: 2:11pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:

Where u lie is fulani herdsmen Dnt graze in south.....

I guess u Mke mistakes.....

Cuz What u men is Fulani Dnt bring their cows to south....which is wrong.....

So cows Dnt get to south?....

when fulani herdsmen bring their cows over here Hw den do Dey graze?
Re: Enugu Killers Were Fulani Herdsmen - Police by Baonel(m): 2:31pm On May 02, 2016
fiizznation:
Have you ever been to any Eastern part of Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Celebrates New Year With His Family & Friends (Photos) / Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) / I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.