Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,797 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (681543 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 10:36am On Jul 14, 2016
texrem:
Gunther6....reply my mail...I dey jaunt around gidi...waiting for ur call..

I go enter the place around 12pm, I go let you know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 10:37am On Jul 14, 2016
ratchy:
no be person wey know go contribute?
Nice reply cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Phoebus(f): 10:40am On Jul 14, 2016
Thank you sir... smiley I sure will endeavor to enjoy the state!

sirRiddy:
Wow! cheesy
Your story is so inspiring. I love your spirit! Way to go!
Oregon state is a very good school, enjoy your stay

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Phoebus(f): 10:45am On Jul 14, 2016
Hi! This is true! I am due to depart on the 17th of August; are you or anyone here flying on that day? If yes, please lets connect cheesy just left their VI office and the schedule was totally changed for my trip.

endowedlee:
To all does flying with emirate.. Dem don change time again o.. Check your email o.. New time is 17:55 not 2pm again..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 10:48am On Jul 14, 2016
steve4ever:
pls house how I go enter motor from ojota reach lagos embazzy......help me out pls, I be JJC ooiioooo. thx

From ojota...enter bus to CMs...from CMS take a bus bonny camp...US embassy is close by
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ayingodmercy: 10:49am On Jul 14, 2016
Good morning to the great people in the house..
Pls help me about this questions.
Has OND holder in computer engineering.. can I apply for masters or undergraduate program.. Am abt 26yrs old now..going for undergraduate and visa interview with my age is some how..Pls help a Broda.

I major concentration is on ICT..COS I av certificate in (C.C..N.A)networking already.

...kindly pls help a broda .

Ayingodmercy@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 10:52am On Jul 14, 2016
ayingodmercy:
Has OND holder in computer engineering.. can I apply for masters or undergraduate program.. Am abt 26yrs old now..going for undergraduate and visa interview with my age is some how..Pls help a Broda.

I major concentration is on ICT..COS I av certificate in (C.C..N.A)networking already.

Ayingodmercy@gmail.com

Thanks

Either of the two u can apply in as much u ccan proof ur studentship to the consular..

Age is not a barrier now! ngwam!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:02am On Jul 14, 2016
ayingodmercy:

Ayingodmercy@gmail.com

Thanks

As an OND holder you can either start again and apply for an undergrad or Apply to school as a transfer student to enter 3rd and 4th year . As a transfer student , you have to have a good GPA from the OND

With only OND you cannot apply for a masters as OND is not equivalent to a BSC which is a mandatory requirement for a Masters. ..........I did not comment about this certificate in (C.C..N.A)networking because i have no knowledge about it . Probably wont add any value to this particular discussion as certification is more needed in a work situation not school

Regarding this : [s]Am abt 26yrs old now..going for undergraduate and visa interview with my age is some how[/s] ....... Nobody can help you on this . It is possible but it all down to how you can Demonstrate that you are a credible student which is mainly down to you and the VO perception (voices in his head)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by halidaf: 11:12am On Jul 14, 2016
dickoflife:
Yes sir, born bread and buttered there for..... Years now sir.
awon Omo emi... Ehh yiba??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ayingodmercy: 11:13am On Jul 14, 2016
LagosismyHome:

As an OND holder you can either start again and apply for an undergrad or Apply to school as a transfer student to enter 3rd and 4th year . As a transfer student , you have to have a good GPA from the OND

With only OND you cannot apply for a masters as OND is not equivalent to a BSC which is a mandatory requirement for a Masters. ..........I did not comment about this certificate in (C.C..N.A)networking because i have no knowledge about it . Probably wont add any value to this particular discussion as certification is more needed in a work situation not school
Thanks sir..how can I start with transfer.. to start from again is not the issue..My age is just my concern..cos av read it that age ssomeime affect people..

Can I you bro..send me ur contact details for more info

Thanks. respect Sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ayingodmercy: 11:16am On Jul 14, 2016
texrem:

Either of the two u can apply in as much u ccan proof ur studentship to the consular..

Age is not a barrier now! ngwam!!!

Help me Broda..I see u always help people and direct them.. how can i go abt it and where can I start..

Thanks

Respect Sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:17am On Jul 14, 2016
ayingodmercy:

Thanks sir..how can I start with transfer.. to start from again is not the issue..My age is just my concern..cos av read it that age ssomeime affect people..

Can I you bro..send me ur contact details for more info

Thanks. respect Sir

I editted my comment abit so reread, also i am a FEMALE not bro .
You can pm , however i have to warn you that a lot of the research will be done by you and not me cool .

I give you one detailed response with direction and off you go to do it yourself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ayingodmercy: 11:20am On Jul 14, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I editted my comment abit so reread, also i am a FEMALE not bro .
You can pm , however i have to warn you that a lot of the research will be done by you and not me cool .

I give you one detailed response with direction and off you go to do it yourself

Thanks my sis..am ready to do it and make enough research my self..I need mentor to lead me..DAT is yyy
kindly help ur Broda and also my CGPA is 2.87 wht are my chance.

Tanks...Respect Ma
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:45am On Jul 14, 2016
ayingodmercy:

Thanks my sis..am ready to do it and make enough research my self..I need mentor to lead me..DAT is yyy

Tanks...Respect Ma

Schooling abroad is very expensive especially if you dont have funding.... Its limiting to get funding as a transfer student . Have you explored the option of transferring into a Nigerian UNI or completing to HND level . That way , perhaps you can work very hard towards finishing with a good grades at HND or BSC in Nigeria, then getting good GRE which can help toward funding for Masters........

There needs to be a deep thought process why you want to school abroad and why not Nigeria first. I dont know ur bank account Ability but i say that from a funding or scholarship perspective that CGPA is not great . Although its probably not converted yet to the US standard .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 11:48am On Jul 14, 2016
ayingodmercy:

Tanks...Respect Ma

To me if u can flip back..there re some schools posted that accept that ur CGPA..all the same u can do Toefl just to boost ur chances..Age is not a barrier..U already ve ND n that's ur highest qualification when u fill ur DS160..26yrs start ur undergraduate by convincing the VO. As I ve said earlier..just prove ur studentship

U re good to go
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Phoebus(f): 11:50am On Jul 14, 2016
Thank you! Success awaits you also wink

Helkayklassic:
Congratulations @Tods and @Phoebus.. See you guys at the top.. Blessings
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ayingodmercy: 11:55am On Jul 14, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Schooling abroad is very expensive especially if you dont have funding.... Its limiting to get funding as a transfer student . Have you explored the option of transferring into a Nigerian UNI or completing to HND level . That way , perhaps you can work very hard towards finishing with a good grades at HND or BSC in Nigeria, then getting good GRE which can help toward funding for Masters........

There needs to be a deep thought process why you want to school abroad and why not Nigeria first. I dont know ur bank account Ability but i say that from a funding or scholarship perspective that CGPA is not great . Although its probably not converted yet to the US standard .

Thanks.
I av a backup for my schooling abroad...And reason is because i want to focus and concentrate on Networking that is were my aid rely..And there is enough facilities there to help my aim and career..

Am ready..am just planning for spring addimission.

Respect ma
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KayPapi: 11:59am On Jul 14, 2016
Hello,

I have 2.2 in my undergraduate degree of Chemical Engineering. I have Masters in the same with Merit.

I would like to do another Masters or preferable a PhD in similar programs such as Environmental Eng, Process Eng, materials or Industrial Eng, Occupational health or related.

I want for Jan/winter admission 2017.

I need suggestions for Universities that would consider me with my low undergrad degree. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by motifoluwasolami: 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2016
Walspring:

No time for bible study here but when I said foundation of drunkenness it's goes beyond what you posted above because those you mentioned above laid foundation of being the first set of people to get drunked and for a person to get drunked the person must have started drinking from lower conc to higher conc that is it doesn't start on day one and that's is how the foundation of drunkenness gets started.

All drunkard will say a lot that it's good for body and taking too much is what bible says it's not good I will just laugh because they just wanted to justify their action.

This is not personal believe and those men you mentioned above do you check what their drunkeness caused? When God put FULL STOP on something and we human put COMMA, we no dey try at all.

bros which one is full stop or comma, let me end this argument on this note, the bible says flee fornication not too much fornication is a sin, that shows fornication is outrightly out of the question, it stays avoid drukenness, shows moderation.
paul said to timothy, Take little wine for thy stomach infirmities, shows moderation.

P.S I dont drink, but i wont say drinking is a sin or for lukewarm xtians.
end of discussion.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2016
Phoebus:
Hi! This is true! I am due to depart on the 17th of August; are you or anyone here flying on that day? If yes, please lets connect cheesy just left their VI office and the schedule was totally changed for my trip.

I got no mail about this change o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
heylie:
Glory be to God visa approved, 6:30 batch this morning. Transcripts coming shortly. gringrin grin tho am a silent follower but thanks everyone lagismyous, Texem... And Walspring, and Evey other people who have made positive impact on this thread God bless you.

Congrat once again bro. We just got home. Hope u are home already?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by heylie: 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
Yes bro likewise thanks
akins2016:

Congrat once again bro. We just got home. Hope u are home already?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by surgeonheric(m): 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2016
please ooo make una give me some name of cheap university I need your help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Cambells: 12:58pm On Jul 14, 2016
VO: So why are you going to study this course?
Me: I want to study physics because it will equip me logical thinking and problem solving skills which would open up a wide range of employment opportunities in the telecoms industry when I return to Nigeria.
VO: Is this what you wanna do after your studies?
Me: Yes, I would like to come back to Nigeria to work in one of the telecommunications company.
VO: Who's paying for this?
Me: My dad will be paying and I have a scholarship.
VO: What does he do?
Me: He's a banker
VO: Okay thank you for applying. You can pick up your visa in three days time.
My interview was 9:30am today. The lady who interviewed me didn't even ask about my school (Troy University). It all happened within seconds and God took control.
Advise to prospective applicants: Look at the interviewer's face and don't give yourself high BP. Just rehears.
Thanks to you all. God bless nairaland and nairalanders

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
Cambells:
Me: I want to study physics because it will equip me logical thinking and problem solving skills which would open up a wide range of employment opportunities in the telecoms industry when I return to Nigeria.
Me: Yes, I would like to come back to Nigeria to work in one of the telecommunications company.
Me: He's a banker at Wema Bank
My interview was 9:30am today. The lady who interviewed me didn't even ask about my school (Troy University). It all happened within seconds and God took control.
Advise to prospective applicants: Look at the interviewer's face and don't give yourself high BP. Just rehears.
Cousin me to sure.. chai this guy can disturb! But thank God God crowned our effort!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
Cambells:
Me: He's a banker at Wema Bank

Congrats and have a fulfilling undergrad years ahead ............

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ahahnow: 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2016
Page 300 already.The way people are talking ehh. Anyway, is there anyone attending school in Massachusetts? I need advice oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 1:41pm On Jul 14, 2016
heylie:
Yes bro likewise thanks

You're welcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
heylie:
Yes bro likewise thanks
You're welcome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by heylie: 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
Visa approved window 7 thank God almighty sooryyy i talk too much
Today I woke up arnd 3:30 got ready prayed with my famlys God bless dem for me left arnd 4:30 got to the embassy saw some guys saying you need to attach this to your ds160 I said biko leave me please, I've uploaded it already, did the necessary checks and enter as I was on que I witnessed approval and denial I sharply analyze reason for approval and denial, and I set my answers accordingly.

V.O(typing not as fast as I expected tho) why did you chose this school, (I was so happy because I already prepare my solid answer so I asked her to repeat herself, and she did)

Me: I chose NU because they offer experiential and cooperative education program which integrate class room experience into real world (she stopped typing and kept looking at me straight in the eyes) connecting me with professionals and experts in my field of study also I'm interested in the research on going in the university which is centered on security and it's area of investigation includes, database security, cryptography, network security, database administration etc as an IT professional you need to know how to implement high security policy for your any organization you work for, (she nod#) I knew I nailed it here.
V.O: what do you wanna do with this
Me; I'll like to work at top organization in Nigeria or atrnatively exterblishing my own IT consultancy firm where I will help people solve specific business problem using IT.

V.O who's paying for dis

Me: my dad

V.O: what does he do,

Me: he's a civil engineer he has worked for J*** and now he's has he's own construction firm.

V.O pick up your VISA bla bla bla. You'll need this I20 at the POE.

I give God all the glory...
#stayblessedyall
Once again thanks to everyone that has contributed positively in this thread, and I wish all prospective applicants success, there is nothing difficult in it honestly. pray, prepare and you'll overcome....
#staypositive

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
Congrats to the two undegraduate visa of today - Cambells and Heylie
also Congrats and Best wishes to the other recent successes .

For our NL family with delayed visa - God has a great destiny for you , do not be sad . In time it will be manifested in your life . If you need to go again , may God go with you and grant you favor . Amen

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2016
Heylie congrats
Same VO approved my visa.
Her head is very valid grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.