Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,453 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? (64464 Views)

Can I Cancel An Order Made With Jumiapay? / Help!!!!! I'm About To End My Marriage Plans / Do I Cancel My Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 16, 2016
Don't marry him. Yes there's no perfect man or woman but in this case God has exposed his infidelity to you before marriage. I know for sure if it was a guy that posted this, all hell will let loose against the girl but they will suggest things like " love is blind", "patience" e.t.c if it was the female folk. You don't a prophet to tell that your fiancee isn't the right man for you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 16, 2016
danduchi:
I said so because I gave you reasons am not suppose to tell u and u still try to sneak ur way out... My dear, in Africa, its a do or die for every ladies I know

Fixed undecided
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by D2diff: 1:50pm On May 16, 2016
Continue na but I noticed that you are so embittered about womensad.

BTW, Age is not a reason to be a hypocrite. I am not going to watch you while you act like one. I will attack you if and when I have your time.
EgunMogaji:

I'm neither your mate nor your errand boy so you don't get to answer to you.

You will surfer the consequences of your actions.

What I defend is my responsibility, grow a pair and own yours.

1 Like

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 16, 2016
ilovemylife:

My problem isn't about him cheating on me but doing it with a girl I have known a my life, we grew up together although we don't talk to each other, to me that's disrespecting me after giving me his word that he isn't gonna have anything to do with her again
Do think that's the kinda of man I wanna spend the rest of my life with. I am 27yrs yes but marriage doesn't define me. Thanks anyway
My dear I understand you... chat only cannot confirm that he is still sleeping with her, though the chat alone isn't good. For a guy to propose marriage to you, sister, he loves you poo
Don't mind all these ladies under 20 saying stuff out of ignorance. Call him and iron out issues with him, I'm very sure he wants you and not that other girl.
I'm 32+, not yet married because the one i actually respect not even love has not given me her heart yet. Pls communication is the key. He respect you!
Guyz don't marry whom they do not respect.

1 Like

asuustrike2009:
Don't marry him. Yes there's no perfect man or woman but in this case God has exposed his infidelity to you before marriage. I know for sure if it was a guy that posted this, all hell will let loose against the girl but they will suggest things like " love is blind", "patience" e.t.c if it was the female folk. You don't a prophet to tell that your fiancee isn't the right man for you

cc: ilovemylife

If you really love your life, you will take this advice

1 Like

ilovemylife:

[b]My problem isn't about him cheating on me but doing it with a girl I have known all my life,[/b]we grew up together although we don't talk to each other, to me that's disrespecting me after giving me his word that he isn't gonna have anything to do with her again
Do think that's the kinda of man I wanna spend the rest of my life with. I am 27yrs yes but marriage doesn't define me. Thanks anyway

This means it's your pride you care about not a faithful partner.

I think you should regard cheating as a very big deal.
I'm glad you know marriage doesn't define you.

We can't make decisions for you, but don't settle for crumbs because you want to be with a man.

Cheating is a deal breaker, worse with an acquaintance.

Wish you the best in your decisions.
Invite us for jollof rice if you decide to let things go.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by dandollaz: 1:52pm On May 16, 2016
emeraldknytt:
It is no new thing that to-be marriages are put on hold temporarily or permanently, and yours is no strange case either. First and foremost, You should be thankful for coming across a truth that might hurt so bad yet transform your would-be moments of agony into pure tranquility and sheer bliss. That 'sly fox' took you for a 'dumb bunny', which evidently you aren't (based on the next course of action you're going to take), he toyed with you, took. you for granted and wishes to put a ring of doom in your finger. What nonsense! If you dont want to look silly, confront him like you'd if you caught them in the act. Let him know literally, there are millions of elligible suitors out there. Technically, such a weirdo has nothing really concrete and palpable to offer speaking of nuptial happiness. Unless you want to get wedded to Bill Cosby Jr, dont rethink and walk down the aisle........... of regret.
dont try to talk out rather prefer a solution to get raid of the side girl.many men are guilty of this,even girl worst pass have seen a girl that went for her TM from the boyfriend house.but after the marriage both should sit down and talk no distractions from ex.my advice tell him to stop any form of conversation with the girl if u think he is the right man for u go ahead and put his ring on ur finger.
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by mira4u: 1:53pm On May 16, 2016
Dump his sorry-ass and move ahead, except you want to live with that all your life. No man has the right to cheat on his woman.
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 16, 2016
What exactly do you want at this age? If you can be sincere to yourself and answer this question correctly then you have the answer to what you are seeking for. Anyway there is no perfect marriage and even the ones who are married can attest to that. Ask your parents if you can. Whenever you have fixed your date let us know. Congratulations in advance!!!
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by 9jatatafo(m): 1:53pm On May 16, 2016
Go ahead and marry him and fhuck his brain out with your kpekus in that way you erase the other girl from his system

2 Likes

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Eluwilussit(m): 1:54pm On May 16, 2016
queenoflafia:
Don't cancel your wedding plans pls.there is no perfect man and neither is there a perfect woman.just talk to him and let him know how what he is doing is affecting u.
The other day I saw it was in their DNA,they called for my head

You are a wise girl. If ahead moves on, the next man will still be a man. Men and women fucck. Especially when they are not yet married. People pretend. If we are all given a lie detector test, only few of us will pass. I mean both men and women o.

She dey wait for Mr. Perfect. She go wait tire. In marriage you close up urself to a lotta things on one hand, on the other hand, you open up urself to some other things. It is not a bed of roses. It requires a lotta patience. grin
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 16, 2016
D2diff:
Continue na but I noticed that you are so embittered about womensad.

BTW, Age is not a reason to be a hypocrite. I am not going to watch you while you act like one. I will attack you if and when I have your time.

And I'll be here to repel you if I have your time and if you make a coherent and lucid post.

Youth is not an excuse to be a lap dog. I have not noticed you at all as you're a non entity but I can quickly ascertain that you're raised by a single mother grin
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by bliitz: 1:56pm On May 16, 2016
u re nt yet married and he's cheating on you what of when u re married he wil........ur choise gL
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 16, 2016
He doesn't respect you dear.
He doesn't love you dear.
He will continue cheating when married to you dear.
He may infect you with some STD, dear.
Think Twice dear.
And follow your heart my dear
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by OlujobaSamuel: 1:56pm On May 16, 2016
op, he will continue in the act, either you challenge him or not, even if you relocate, another friendly nice cute looking babe will show up from nowhere, get close to the family and the cycle continues.
if you think you can't cope with such, shun the marriage, if you can, proceed.
we no wan hear tiwa and teebills abi na teecash story tomorrow, but that of olu jacobs and joke silva.
happy married life in advance.

1 Like

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by demelza: 1:56pm On May 16, 2016
raydatluvs:
Whoa!!! Being a guy myself,I find most of the comments really low,normally,I would just ignore but I felt you need to hear it blunt.. The flip is you can't change him,manage him.Everything is wrong with the youngman please and you don't have to subject yourself to this lifetime of worry becasue you are 27. Madness!!!
Sometimes I read comments on here and am wondering if its a sane person writing it,I don't want to quote any. We read stories of violence and wife beaters and you see comments like leave the marriage,didn't you see signs from this same set saying manage him,husbby is scare and the dumb likes.
You my dear,have seen the signs you need,I hope your story is not the case.
Btw,you might want to try the family section next time you have a serious issue like this and need experienced comments.no pun intended
Finally a sensible person.
Imagine being adviced by kids who know absolutely nothing about commitment.
The comments are just nauseating.
Op you would have taken this to family section for sensible advice.
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by AreaFada2: 1:57pm On May 16, 2016
queenoflafia:
Don't cancel your wedding plans pls.there is no perfect man and neither is there a perfect woman.just talk to him and let him know how what he is doing is affecting u.
The other day I saw it was in their DNA,they called for my head
I'm a guy that finds cheating too stressful, too expensive, time-consuming and of no point since if you switch the light off, no difference between women. Just pick one.

But after seeing the most gentle guys with the most amazingly nice and pretty wives still cheat on their wives, I gave up. I concluded that the vast majority of men are polygamous by nature. But when you say so, the ladies here want to skin you alive. Truth is hard to say these days.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 16, 2016
9jatatafo:
Go ahead and marry him and fhuck his brain out with your kpekus in that way you erase the other girl from his system

My man cheesy

Women forget what most men want, feed us, f us and then leave us alone.

On another note I'm making lots of new juvenile friends today, I'm do happy I'm beside myself grin
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by andyanders: 1:58pm On May 16, 2016
ilovemylife:

I am not looking for a perfect man my dear
Just a man that will respect me
Sleeping with her shows he doesn't have a single respect for me. Many many factors is what am really considering and my mum is num one of them

Your guy is not straight at all. Having to still be getting on with same girl, same street goes to show that he has no respect for you and will even do more of his act when you finally get committed to him by getting married. You will regret this at last and will start having mental torture in life and no going back.
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by D2diff: 1:59pm On May 16, 2016
Single mother it isgrin

I am curious, is this what made you uhmmmmm? What is that word again? You should know what I am talking about
EgunMogaji:

And I'll be here to repel you if I have your time and if you make a coherent and lucid post.

Youth is not an excuse to be a lap dog. I have not noticed you at all as you're a non entity but I can quickly ascertain that you're raised by a single mother grin
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by CuteMorriz: 1:59pm On May 16, 2016
skarlett:

don't be so sure of that dear, marriage is not a do or die affair
This is one lie ladies keep telling themselves. Please show me Just one woman in Nigeria that says they don't want to get Married....yet you come up to marriage is not for everyone...Do you or any female in your household don't ever wish to get married? Dey there dey console your self with jargons

3 Likes

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 16, 2016
AreaFada2:
I'm a guy that finds cheating too stressful, too expensive, time-consuming and of no point since if you switch the light off, no difference between women. Just pick one.

But after seeing the most gentle guys with the most amazingly nice and pretty wives still cheat on their wives, I gave up. I concluded that [b] the vast majority of men are polygamous by nature [/b]But when you say so, the ladies here want to skin you alive. Truth is hard to say these days.

Don't worry, I'll say it regardless of whose Ox is gored.

1 Like

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Cozystuff(f): 1:59pm On May 16, 2016
ilovemylife:

My problem isn't about him cheating on me but doing it with a girl I have known a my life, we grew up together although we don't talk to each other, to me that's disrespecting me after giving me his word that he isn't gonna have anything to do with her again
You're really as foolish as he expected with this statement of yours. So you're just fine with him cheating on you but not with your neighbour. Goodluck marrying your cheating boyfriend, you fit each other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by bliitz: 1:59pm On May 16, 2016
[/b][/color][b][color=#990000]pls o i dont know hw to creat a topic on NL can somebody help me i have an important topic
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by dasparrow: 2:00pm On May 16, 2016
ilovemylife:

I don't know why some of you women see fire and yet stick your hand into it. If a man you are dating is cheating on you now, what do you think he will do in marriage? Probably, pregnate a woman outside and have the baby mama call and harass you everyday.

If marriage does not define you, why are you considering marrying a chronic cheat? Are you not scared of sexually transmitted diseases? If there is no fidelity in marriage, then there is no point in getting married.

Keep in mind, if you marry a man who sleeps around, you stand the same chance of catching a deadly disease just like the ashawo who sleeps with all her customers without a condom.

Don't listen to those who say that all men cheat. Not all men cheat. Weak men who have no self control cheat and you should have no business settling down with such a man if you love and respect yourself and want a happy peaceful marriage devoid of all manners of drama and heartache. Be wise!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 16, 2016
D2diff:
Single mother it isgrin

I am curious, is this what made you uhmmmmm? What is that word again? You should know what I am talking about

I can spot kids from dysfunctional families a mile away grin

When you get the courage to type it do so, I don't play guessing games. You see I'm a grown up and not a snort nosed runt.

1 Like

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 16, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Any Nigerian husband in Nigeria will sleep with many women in the course of a marriage.

If you can't deal with that then stay single.

Who do you think is maintaining all those runs girls? The jobless single youths?

PS:

Apologies to your husband for invading his privacy and never do it again. My wife knows better.

Does he have the capacity to provide you a good home, does he have the capacity to provide a good future for the children?

Think. Oh and if you ask your friends then you're doomed. They'll give you feminist advices while they hide much more worse in their household.

This is quite disappointing.
I tag you for a decent and respectable man. I only just lost all my respect for you.

Not only do you sound arrogant but also like the kind of authoritative husband most women marry.

I Wish your wife the best.

PS : I can't trade words with an old man like you kiss. Only expressing my disappointments cool. And I will be very surprised if you care. wink

2 Likes

Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by youngibeh(m): 2:02pm On May 16, 2016
I met a guy of 31 through my elder sister, last year February. He started asking me out but because I just came out of a bad relationship, I told him that I am not yet ready to go into a relationship now but he hanged on until August, by then we had become good friends and we started dating.

But three months into the relationship I noticed that my boyfriend has a thing with a lady that stays in the same street with me, a lady I have known all my life cos we grew up together, I confronted him and he told me that it was just a Fling and nothing more, so I told him to please stop whatever he is doing with the girl because we know each other and he promised too. I trusted him to because I can't be going around checking up on a man old enough to take care of himself. So during his birthday this year, he told me the girl called him to wish him happy birthday and asked him hope she will be getting an invite for the party, so he asked me if he should invite her, I told him he can that I don't have a problem with that. So he invited her for the birthday party and she came for the party and my boyfriend introduced me to her as his girlfriend, in that same party my boyfriend gave me the surprise of my life when he asked me to marry him and I accepted.

We are now planning for our traditional wedding which is coming up July but I was shocked to find out that my husband to be is still sleeping with that same girl because I stumble on their whatsapp chat. I feel like my world is crashing before my very eyes, I am so confused, what should I do. I haven't confronted him yet and I am not ready to because I don't want another series of lies and deceit. This is man that has taken very good care of my financial but what of emotional and again it's not all about money for me because I am not going to be a poor wife. Should I walk out of this relationship and cancel the wedding plans? I am so confused now, because if he truly loves me as he claims, he should be able to respect me, another question I wanted to ask him is this, why that lady.

Please nairalanders, what should I do, confront him or what, I have even discussed this with any of my family member. And since this incident I have been very down, so many thought have been crossing my mind.

NB: will be 27 by August

Who told you there is any perfect relationship? One thing is sure, every man is a goat until he changes and decide to be upright. Beside, does your man know God? if yes, then approach him and let him know you are aware of his inability to keep to his promise

But if i may ask, why did you check his phone? that also means you dont trust him in the first place. As a lady if your relationship must last please stop checking who he speaks with, text or chat with. Go to your knees and pray for him while you keep showing the best of you. He will be filled with guilt and change for good.

Once again, pray and ask God for direction if you really love him but make sure you are sincere.

AM SPEAKING OUT OF EXPERIENCE![/b]
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by Kherry: 2:02pm On May 16, 2016
Follow ur heart my dear
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by sweetpotatoes: 2:02pm On May 16, 2016
Walk away . He will keep doing it
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by D2diff: 2:02pm On May 16, 2016
Women with self sufficient and gentle husbands do not cheat at all abiundecided

You know the funniest thing about this. Women tend to stick to just one extra marital partner while men might have a couple of them. It still doesn't change the fact that most women also cheat especaillw in Nigeriaundecided. I am not even talking about educated women, in fact it seems like uneducated women are more willing to try other men than educated ones.

AreaFada2:

But after seeing the most gentle guys with the most amazingly nice and pretty wives still cheat on their wives, I gave up. I concluded that the vast majority of men are polygamous by nature. But when you say so, the ladies here want to skin you alive. Truth is hard to say these days.
Re: Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:03pm On May 16, 2016
How a guy who claims to love and cherish someone, hurts that person by cheating still baffles me.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

See The Hilarious Response This Lady Got Over Her Bf's Manhood / I Stumbled On Wedding Pictures Of My Boyfriend On Instagram - Nigerian Lady / Reasons Why I Haven't Had Sex For Over 2 Years Now And Don't Have A Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.