Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:36 AM

Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? (67241 Views)

Are Black Africans (Nigerians) And Africans In America (Akatas) Really Different / Akatas On Nairaland / Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 10:57am On Aug 23, 2009
THE AMAKA:

and was that last comment even needed?

Hmmm, I thought this was a Akata vs Nigerian thread?
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by komokam: 10:57am On Aug 23, 2009
I agree too that some of those females are beautiful but most dont look anything like that
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2009
3spade3:

Yep, american culture is different. For better or worse.

The 4 aforementioned ones, yes. I was around AA's who didn't insult africans or anyone. I was never exposed to nigerian culture, hence why I really never had a "beef" with them.
abeg, go and sleep!
you are not a Nigerian and you say you live in houston?
TUFIAKWA!! dont ever say you are a nigerian again.
if you dont already have an english name change it to lebron jackson.
like i said the whole time malikom was bashing nigerians you sat down and watched but when we bashed AA's you were so quick to come to the line of defense.
that shows me who's side you are on.
Nigerian my foot!
this is a NIGERIAN FORUM.

malikom how is your day?
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2009
3spade3:

Yep, american culture is different. For better or worse.

The 4 aforementioned ones, yes. I was around AA's who didn't insult africans or anyone. I was never exposed to nigerian culture, hence why I really never had a "beef" with them.

u sure ur parents are nigerian?   and you were never exposed to nigerian culture? what did u eat in your house? what language do they speak in? what parties did you attend as a young child? what values did they instill in you you?  u mean u didn't grow up with any nigerian influences whatsoever?  
heck what names do you have?  

or were ur parents born here or what?
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2009
AND MOST AA'S DONT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THE PEOPLE YOU POSTED OR LIKE BEYONCE OR WHOEVER ELSE YOU WERE NAMING.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:00am On Aug 23, 2009
I might have to vist nigeria one day.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by komokam: 11:00am On Aug 23, 2009
Why do African artist copy Black american music?
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 11:01am On Aug 23, 2009
komokam:

Why do African artist copy Black american music?

please don't bring styl plus and music to this. create another topic for that.
stick to the topic please!
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:01am On Aug 23, 2009
3spade3:

or are you going to bring up p-square again?
your argument is so lame, old, and tired.

3spade3:

you havent been to nigeria?!?!?!?!
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by komokam: 11:02am On Aug 23, 2009
alot more like like the 1s i posted than nigerians look like the female celebs you posted and thats a fact

I can sit up here all day and not run out of hot black american pics of regular people/celebs

You'd eventually have a hard time finding hot pics of nigerian folks though
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 11:03am On Aug 23, 2009
3spade3:

oh wow. u've never been there sef  
houston has a huge nigerian community as far as i'm concerned. and you never got any influences?
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:03am On Aug 23, 2009
oyinda.:

u sure your parents are nigerian?   and you were never exposed to nigerian culture? what did u eat in your house? what language do they speak in? what parties did you attend as a young child? what values did they instill in you you?  u mean u didn't grow up with any nigerian influences whatsoever?  
heck what names do you have?  

or were your parents born here or what?

That's it, you got it. My parents have been here since they were young.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:04am On Aug 23, 2009
THE AMAKA:

abeg, go and sleep!
you are not a Nigerian and you say you live in houston?
TUFIAKWA!! dont ever say you are a nigerian again.
if you dont already have an english name change it to lebron jackson.
like i said the whole time malikom was bashing nigerians you sat down and watched but when we bashed AA's you were so quick to come to the line of defense.
that shows me who's side you are on.
Nigerian my foot!
this is a NIGERIAN FORUM.

malikom how is your day?

According to you I'm an AA.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by komokam: 11:04am On Aug 23, 2009
hiphop,rap,r&b,soul,funk,jazz,blues,gospel if for black americans them african artist need to stop trying to copy
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:07am On Aug 23, 2009
oyinda.:

oh wow. u've never been there sef
houston has a huge nigerian community as far as i'm concerned. and you never got any influences?

Nope. Well I did go to a nigerian restaurant on bissonet.

THE AMAKA:

or are you going to bring up p-square again?
your argument is so lame, old, and tired.
you havent been to nigeria?!?!?!?!
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

No, well not yet.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 11:08am On Aug 23, 2009
3spade3:

That's it, you got it. My parents have been here since they were young.

you see. that's the difference!
most nigerians born here have proper naija parents so they were pretty much brought up in the nigerian way and with nigerian culture. that's why they associate more with nigeria than with US.

i kinda understand where ur coming from though but seriously though i hope my kids don't grow up like u  shocked shocked maybe i'll have to send them to live in naija for a while. lol jk
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:09am On Aug 23, 2009
3spade3:

According to you I'm an AA.
i didnt think you were an AA until i saw what kind of rubbish you were posting and then i KNEW that you were an AA. simple.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:09am On Aug 23, 2009
komokam:

hiphop,rap,r&b,soul,funk,jazz,blues,gospel if for black americans them african artist need to stop trying to copy

Well hip hop sucks period. But the Jazz is great. John Coltrane and Miles Davis, I could listen to them all year.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by komokam: 11:11am On Aug 23, 2009
All hiphop dosent suck

but the mainstream hip pop

yes it does suck
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 11:11am On Aug 23, 2009
3spade3:

Well hip hop sucks period. But the Jazz is great. John Coltrane and Miles Davis, I could listen to them all year.

rotflmao. the best response from u so far!

same way you can't compare p-square and styl-plus to the classics like fela, lagbaja, KSA, sunny okosun etc or even the yoruba music and other ethnic music. the popular mainstream youth culture music are usually considered garbage even though i enjoy naija's mainstream music. like stylplus etc

i can't stand hip hop
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:12am On Aug 23, 2009
oyinda.:

you see. that's the difference!
most nigerians born here have proper naija parents so they were pretty much brought up in the nigerian way and with nigerian culture. that's why they associate more with nigeria than with US.

i kinda understand where your coming from though but seriously though i hope my kids don't grow up like u  shocked shocked maybe i'll have to send them to live in naija for a while. lol jk

Well thanks for compliment and insult. Proper are not, they are good parents. Love em!!!
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 11:14am On Aug 23, 2009
by proper naija parents i mean this:
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/s86HnJbp2qs&feature=related[/flash]

lol. it's not an insult.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:15am On Aug 23, 2009
oyinda.:

same way you can't compare p-square and styl-plus to the classics like fela, lagbaja, KSA, sunny okosun etc or even the yoruba music and other ethnic music. the popular mainstream youth culture music are usually considered garbage even though i enjoy naija's mainstream music. like stylplus etc

i can't stand hip hop
OMG, I LOVE STYL PLUS TOO!!
EVEN THOUGH I DONT SPEAK YORUBA SO I DONT UNDERSTAND SOME, BUT GOSH DO I LOVE THEM.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:16am On Aug 23, 2009
THE AMAKA:

i didnt think you were an AA until i saw what kind of rubbish you were posting and then i KNEW that you were an AA. simple.

What rubbish?
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:17am On Aug 23, 2009
komokam:

All hiphop dosent suck

but the mainstream hip pop

yes it does suck

Illmatic and Breaking Atoms albums are good, really good.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:19am On Aug 23, 2009
oyinda.:

i can't stand hip hop

Trust me Jazz is spiritual. Miles Davis's-Flamenco Sketches is out of this world.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 11:21am On Aug 23, 2009
haha the closest to jazz i listen to is kenny g or similar instrumentalists like that.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:23am On Aug 23, 2009
3spade3:

What rubbish?
all the bashing nigerians and uplifting AA's that you were doing is what i call rubbish.
you should stick by your people no matter what.
im not saying you should support the bad things they do, but dont be quick to talk down on us because it makes you look no better than malikom.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:25am On Aug 23, 2009
oyinda.:

haha the closest to jazz i listen to is kenny g or similar instrumentalists like that.

lol kenny g. I mean he's ok but no where near Coltrane.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 11:26am On Aug 23, 2009
fine i'll check coltrane n the miles davis guy out but you should start listening to some nigerian music as well. with the exception of that nigerian blood in you, ur not nigerian at all cry
what ethnic group are your parents?
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by komokam: 11:27am On Aug 23, 2009
motown black american music shits all over african music
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:28am On Aug 23, 2009
THE AMAKA:

all the bashing nigerians and uplifting AA's that you were doing is what i call rubbish.
you should stick by your people no matter what.
im not saying you should support the bad things they do, but dont be quick to talk down on us because it makes you look no better than malikom.

Well it's not like I'm openly accepted by "my people". And it seems to me you are still scarred from what AA's did to you in the past. I wish you grew up where I did, honestly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (40) (Reply)

First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid / Ooni Ogunwusi Builds New House 'Paraki White House' In Ife (Pics) / Juju/black Magic In Nigeria - Blood Money And Spiritual Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.