Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,032 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:29 PM

Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? (67234 Views)

Are Black Africans (Nigerians) And Africans In America (Akatas) Really Different / Akatas On Nairaland / Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by komokam: 11:28am On Aug 23, 2009
wynton marsalis too

sam cooke,smokey robinson,curtis mayfield,bobby womack nothing can compare to music like that
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by omar22(m): 11:29am On Aug 23, 2009
African men have an aggressive attitude and naturaly behave aggresively
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:30am On Aug 23, 2009
oyinda.:

fine i'll check coltrane n the miles davis guy out but you should start listening to some nigerian music as well. with the exception of that nigerian blood in you, your not nigerian at all cry
what ethnic group are your parents?

Ok, I will. Kind of Blue is the album you should check out.

And I really don't know, I gotta ask my parents on that one.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 11:32am On Aug 23, 2009
3spade3:

Ok, I will. Kind of Blue is the album you should check out.

what age did they come to the US? if you have to ask ur parents for them to tell you, chances are they don't know!!
u can tell by what records they listen to in their cars or at home?
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:32am On Aug 23, 2009
omar22:

O come on man. We all know it's the same person.

komokam:

wynton marsalis too

sam cooke,smokey robinson,curtis mayfield,bobby womack nothing can compare to music like that

I'm waiting for wynton dive headlong into some sort of jazz fusion. Should be good.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2009
you dont even know your ethnic group?!?!?!?!?!
do you know any ethnic groups in Nigeria besides the three major ethnic groups?
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
did your parents give you an english name?

omar22:

lol and where the hell did you come from? LOL
HAHAHA i cant stop laughing!
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2009
3spade3:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked u mean u don't know ur parent's ethnic group!!!??
i actually thought u were refering to nigerian music
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:35am On Aug 23, 2009
oyinda.:

what age did they come to the US? if you have to ask your parents for them to tell you, chances are they don't know!!
u can tell by what records they listen to in their cars or at home?

Well my dad said around 9 or 10 and my mom at 14. And they listen to everything.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 11:35am On Aug 23, 2009
lol i'm flabbergasted  undecided

what are their names? maybe we can help you out with their ethnic groups. lol

wow they were reallyyy young. no wonder ur an akata boy
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:37am On Aug 23, 2009
THE AMAKA:

you dont even know your ethnic group?!?!?!?!?!
do you know any ethnic groups in Nigeria besides the three major ethnic groups?
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
did your parents give you an english name?
lol and where the hell did you come from? LOL
HAHAHA i cant stop laughing!

No and Yes.

oyinda.:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked u mean u don't know your parent's ethnic group!!!??
i actually thought u were refering to nigerian music

I'm sorry for being a failure.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by komokam: 11:37am On Aug 23, 2009
amaka is a loser she said she was going to sleep like an hour ago lol

well im out
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:37am On Aug 23, 2009
a lot of nigerian hip hop music is more like afro hip hop music.
a lot of our music is mixed with pigin english aka our slang. you probably wont understand it since i cant understand some of it. lol
its really nice if you have NAIJA PRIDE, you can just feel it.
NAIJA 4 LIFE!!

man i love saying that.

listen to styl-plus they sing in yoruba, its really beautiful most of their music.
i dont know maybe ill have oyinda translate the yoruba.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:39am On Aug 23, 2009
they gave you an english name?!?!?!
they didnt expose you to nigerian culture?!?!?!
they didnt even tell you what ethnic group you are from?!?!?!

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 11:40am On Aug 23, 2009
THE AMAKA:

listen to styl-plus they sing in yoruba, its really beautiful most of their music.
i dont know maybe ill have oyinda translate the yoruba.

grin grin grin grin what song do u want translation for? lol
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:41am On Aug 23, 2009
also do you know the estimate of different cultural ethnic groups in nigeria?
name on besides yoruba, igbo and hausa.

oyinda.:

grin grin grin grin what song do u want translation for? lol
i dont know
can you translate the chorus of olufunmi?
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:43am On Aug 23, 2009
oyinda.:

lol i'm flabbergasted  undecided

what are their names? maybe we can help you out with their ethnic groups. lol

wow they were reallyyy young. no wonder your an akata boy

My dad is chris and my mom is mf something.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 11:44am On Aug 23, 2009
THE AMAKA:

i dont know
can you translate the chorus of olufunmi?

oh gosh i loveee that song. ok here goes

olufunmi o ma pa mi lekun o (olufunmi o don't make me cry)
olufunmilola mase fi mi sile lai lai (olufunmilola don't ever leave me)
duro ti mi o (stay with me)
olufunmi o

with olufunmilola being the name of the girl obviously lol
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:45am On Aug 23, 2009
are you telling me you dont know their last names?
wait?!?!?!?
IM SO LOST!!

boy you are not a nigerian, face it
but you should try to get in connection with nigerians and learn your culture, since you dont know what tribe you are from.
SOOOOOOOOOO many tribes in Nigeria. its ridiculous.

oyinda.:

oh gosh i loveee that song. ok here goes

olufunmi o ma pa mi lekun o (olufunmi o don't make me cry)
olufunmilola mase fi mi sile lai lai (olufunmilola don't ever leave me)
duro ti mi o (stay with me)
olufunmi o

with olufunmilola being the name of the girl obviously lol
thanks! lovely. smiley
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:45am On Aug 23, 2009
THE AMAKA:

they gave you an english name?!?!?!
they didnt expose you to nigerian culture?!?!?!
they didnt even tell you what ethnic group you are from?!?!?!

angry angry angry angry angry

Yes
Yes
And I know my dad has really light skin, if that helps.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 11:47am On Aug 23, 2009
3spade3:

My dad is chris and my mom is mf something.

hmm did your dad change his name? usually igbos and south easterners give their sons names like chris. a more popular english name for a yoruba will be michael etc
unless your dad gave himself that name lol
your mom. is it mfon? that sounds like a calabar-ish name.

3spade3:

And I know my dad has really light skin, if that helps.

yup. igbo

and in general, igbos are usually more likely than yorubas to lose their language and culture when they are abroad. because a lot of them speak pidgin english instead of igbo.
yorubas on the other hand. just purely yoruba we don't really speak pidgin that much.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:47am On Aug 23, 2009
wow! what the hell is light skin suppose to mean.
"wow that narrows it down" tongue

OMG. they never once told you or tried to educate you about where you are from.

NA WA OO!! I DON TIRE O!
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:48am On Aug 23, 2009
THE AMAKA:

are you telling me you dont know their last names?
wait?!?!?!?
IM SO LOST!!

boy you are not a nigerian, face it
but you should try to get in connection with nigerians and learn your culture, since you dont know what tribe you are from.
SOOOOOOOOOO many tribes in Nigeria. its ridiculous.
thanks! lovely. smiley

I don't. Why do you think I joined the site. Of course i want a connection.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:51am On Aug 23, 2009
the way you were bashing us earlier it didnt seem like you gave a rat's ass about a nigerian.

and him being light skin does not mean he is igbo.
oyinda, who fed you that bullshit?
abeg, so many tribes in nigeria have light skin.
ijaw, ibibio, ikwere, igbo ect ect
yoruba too

that really doesnt narrow it down.
omotola for example could be assumed to be igbo but she is yoruba
well actually i heard she was half igbo but idk lol

i like this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdVlG7vkc1g
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:52am On Aug 23, 2009
my skin color only feeds into the stereotype of igbos lol
cheesy
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 11:52am On Aug 23, 2009
THE AMAKA:

the way you were bashing us earlier it didnt seem like you gave a rat's ass about a nigerian.

yoruba too

hmm usually the south easterners have lighter skin (and this is a fact! i lived in lagos most of my life). and igbo is the largest ethnic group there so there is a higher chance of him being one.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:52am On Aug 23, 2009
oyinda.:

hmm did your dad change his name? usually igbos and south easterners give their sons names like chris. a more popular english name for a yoruba will be michael etc
unless your dad gave himself that name lol
your mom. is it mfon? that sounds like a calabar-ish name.

yup. igbo

and in general, igbos are usually more likely than yorubas to lose their language and culture when they are abroad. because a lot of them speak pidgin english instead of igbo.
yorubas on the other hand. just purely yoruba we don't really speak pidgin that much.

Well at least you got my first name right. And yea it's mfoniso or something like that. I'll look up igbo then.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by C2H5OH(f): 11:54am On Aug 23, 2009
what a lame ass ongoing conversation about a stranger's identity crisis
storms off
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:54am On Aug 23, 2009
THE AMAKA:

wow! what the hell is light skin suppose to mean.
"wow that narrows it down" tongue

OMG. they never once told you or tried to educate you about where you are from.

NA WA OO!! I DON TIRE O!

No, not really.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:55am On Aug 23, 2009
maybe you are kalabari or calabari or something like that.
south easterners, yeah thats true.
a ton of light skins in my family on both sides.
most of my family is light and brown skinned. hardly any really dark skin.
some but not many.

oyinda do you like this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mROk2CfMjhg&feature=related
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:56am On Aug 23, 2009
THE AMAKA:

yoruba too

that really doesnt narrow it down.
omotola for example could be assumed to be igbo but she is yoruba
well actually i heard she was half igbo but idk lol

i like this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdVlG7vkc1g

I'm having a Identity crisis. Just like the guy said.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 11:56am On Aug 23, 2009
@ 3spade, mfon is more of a calabar name. another one is bassey. a lot of calabar people don't consider themselves igbo but they are from that south east igbo region and ur definitely from that region. It's best u ask ur parents to be sure though (if they know that is. but your mom should definitely know. she came to the US an age old enough to at least know her ethnic group!)
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by 3spade3(m): 11:57am On Aug 23, 2009
oyinda.:

@ 3spade, mfon is more of a calabar name. another one is bassey. a lot of calabar people don't consider themselves igbo but they are from that south east igbo region and your definitely from that region. It's best u ask your parents to be sure though (if they know that is. but your mom should definitely know. she came to the US an age old enough to at least know her ethnic group!)

Will do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (40) (Reply)

First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid / Ooni Ogunwusi Builds New House 'Paraki White House' In Ife (Pics) / Juju/black Magic In Nigeria - Blood Money And Spiritual Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.