Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? - Culture (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? (66888 Views)

Are Black Africans (Nigerians) And Africans In America (Akatas) Really Different / Akatas On Nairaland / Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by komokam: 3:29am On Aug 25, 2009
You look in your family tree and u'll see a fulani in there generations ago

just like ill look and see some european in mine
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 3:29am On Aug 25, 2009
wrong!
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by komokam: 3:34am On Aug 25, 2009
igbos sold their own to the slave masters

look at Blair underwood ,Paul Robeson,Forrest whitaker

in virginia they are going to build a igbo village as a museum to acknowledge the prevalence of the Igbo in 19th century Virginia
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 3:37am On Aug 25, 2009
please! must we discuss slavery?
maybe ill visit that place one day when its done.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by komokam: 3:40am On Aug 25, 2009
fuking igbos sold their own
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 3:42am On Aug 25, 2009
OMG, what do you want to do about it?
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by chiogo(f): 3:43am On Aug 25, 2009
Damn, I knew it.

Nice convo y'all. had dinner and y'all are still here.  grin

Like I've said before, I'm suspecting this kokoyam of a dude.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 3:46am On Aug 25, 2009
lmao! dinner? haha isnt that pretty late?
this dude is trying to tell me i probably have fulani blood or euro blood or arab blood.
cant we igbos just be! why we always gotta be accused of being mixed. lol
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by follypimpi(m): 3:47am On Aug 25, 2009
komokam:

fuking igbos sold their own

Guess is all business to an Igbo Man
grin grin grin
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 3:48am On Aug 25, 2009
follypimpi hush! you arent helping.
business wetin? abi dis one no be business dis one naw inhumane!
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by sjeezy8: 3:53am On Aug 25, 2009
follypimpi:

grin grin grin

lol hustle man tribe
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by chiogo(f): 3:55am On Aug 25, 2009
THE AMAKA:

lmao! dinner? haha isnt that pretty late?
this dude is trying to tell me i probably have fulani blood or euro blood or arab blood.
cant we igbos just be! why we always gotta be accused of being mixed. lol
It's late alright but I finished like an hour ago lol
Yeah, Igbos are diverse-looking. So are yorubas and other groups too. There are light-skinned people in every group though the amount may vary.
Don't think light-skinned Africans are necessarily mixed - not from a generation that can be easily traced anyway, if they are mixed.
But most light-skinned AAs are usually mixed.

follypimpi:

grin grin grin
ehn?  angry angry

Argh! my laptop is acting up.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 3:58am On Aug 25, 2009
yeah of course there are light skinned yorubas.
there are light skin in every tribe.
its just more common in igbo and south eastern tribes thats all.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by komokam: 4:08am On Aug 25, 2009
lol @ business

all they did was sell them for guns,liquor,and textiles

more guns to continue slaughtering themselves

Wonder how the African countries would look if the trans atlantic slave trade never happened, or the sub sahran one

Countries would probably be better off
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 4:15am On Aug 25, 2009
i hope you arent on that forum cursing people too.
angry
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by komokam: 4:22am On Aug 25, 2009
That section of the forum is dead because people just dont have an interest in African history(except egyptian) and there are not enough blacks on that forum to get discussions going

Whenever you see a documentary on civilizations on t.v the only place they touch in Africa is egypt they NEVER go south of the sahara,leading people to believe that sub saharan africans(blacks) had no great civilizations
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 4:26am On Aug 25, 2009
of course!!
you know the western media dont care.

and sometimes people do forget that ancient egyptians were black and not like modern day ones that are mostly mixed with arab.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by osakawa: 7:01am On Aug 30, 2009
Dude, I have been following your muthafucking ass Nigerian hating posts and they ain't funny.
Check this out, how bout we meet somewhere in Long Beach, California and I take you on a boat ride to sea and lets see how brave you are afterwards.

I eat losers like your dumb ass for breakfast everyday here in the United States of America. And tell the world that your grandfather is also your father. Incest muthafucker.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 7:05am On Aug 30, 2009
damn!
tell him oo!! grin
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by bandore(m): 11:06am On Aug 30, 2009
It's a known fact that idiots liike this komokan are still existing on earth,, he cannot reveal himself,, I bet he has been played damn right by africans maybe a Nigerian that is why he has gotten this ill-wil against africans,
The fact remains there isnt a moderator on this site!
This goat is worthless and should be in the zoo caged with animals.
May your LIFE be cut short by a hundred days each time you post a hate mail, AMEN
PLEASE PEOPLE HELP ME SAY AMEN TO THIS PRAYER,
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by oyinda3(f): 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2009
bandore:

It's a known fact that idiots liike this komokan are still existing on earth,, he cannot reveal himself,, I bet he has been played damn right by africans maybe a Nigerian that is why he has gotten this ill-wil against africans,
The fact remains there isnt a moderator on this site!
This goat is worthless and should be in the zoo caged with animals.
May your LIFE be cut short by a hundred days each time you post a hate mail, AMEN
PLEASE PEOPLE HELP ME SAY AMEN TO THIS PRAYER,

AMENNNNNNN grin grin grin
kokoyam ought to be bannned
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 3:56pm On Aug 30, 2009
kokoyam
hahaha!
grin
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by KB1(m): 8:11am On Sep 10, 2009
I can sit up here all day and not run out of hot black american pics of regular people/celebs

You'd eventually have a hard time finding hot pics of nigerian folks though

This is true, though the Igbo and other related South Eastern ethnics have a lot of very good looking women who look just like the majority of AA women. Though this is to be expected since the majority of the AA population is majorly of Igbo and related South Eastern Naija descent. Notice how the vast majority if not all of the pretty Naija girls posted up in the early part of this thread were Igbo and of other SE Naija descent, thus had an appearance in which was very compatible with a lot of AA girls.

Amaka, stated that she was not noticed as being African until her name was taken notice of, I can believe this whole hardheartedly in that she's an Igbo girl,  thus most likely has a look in which is very compatible to your average AA girl. I'm AA and my wife is a beautiful Igbo woman who people were continuously surprised to learn that she was Nigerian in that she has a look in which is very complimentary to that of your average good looking AA woman, the same goes for her sister.

Being that they were born and raised their whole lives here in the US, they speak with fluid American accents, and thus the only thing that gave them away as not being AA was their last name, but now that both have married AA guys and thus now carry our last names,   it's virtually impossible to tell that they aren't regular ol AA women, unless they tell you so,  which they wont in that they consider themselves to be actually more AA than African.

By the way; Amaka do you think my son is cute? smiley

What about my daughter?
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 8:25am On Sep 10, 2009
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE BABIES!!!!

youre baby is soooooo cute. the baby almost looks asian though. lol
i hate to hear the stereotypes about the igbo women and s/e women but its kinda true.
a lot just look like the average AA's.
both my sisters and my brother look like regular old AA's including myself.
people expect every african to have dark/black skin, wide nose, wide set eyes.
but i have the exact opposite of all of that.

but yeah
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 8:29am On Sep 10, 2009
yeah so i dont see what this komokam/kokoyam is talking about because there are PLENTY of Nigerians that look like regular AA's if not better.
same with igbo, hausa, and all of that.

he is just a nigerian hater. lol
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by KB1(m): 9:09am On Sep 10, 2009
No, he's not a Nigerian hater; you'all on here are just too damn sensitive. As an AA myself I can assure you that him and Mandingo both, if they're not the same person, do not hate you'all. They are just playing around on here, getting kicks out of seeing you'all get so upset over there silly words. The more you get upset over what they say the more they'll keep saying it, just to piss you off even more.

They are obviously bullies in their own right and they are just doing what bullies do (taunt). They were and or are most definitely a carbon copy of that kid or kids in your school who make it a point to go around and poke fun at any perceived imperfection in fellow students just to get the cheap laughs. The more attention and laughs they get, the more clowning they do.

You are giving him the most attention, so he will zoom in and target the things in which he knows will tick you off the most. cheesy It's obvious that he likes you. You seem like his type of girl. Despite the bad words on here, the vibes you two give off when talking with each other are actually pretty subliminally positive. If you two were to actually meet in person, I think you'd like each other. smiley
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by THEAMAKA(f): 2:22pm On Sep 10, 2009
excuse me?
oh please.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by ikeyman00(m): 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2009
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by Konadub: 10:46pm On Sep 16, 2009
I doubt white folks/asian know the difference between African Americans and West Africans in terms of looks. So, it ridiculous to suggest such a thing. Perhaps once you start to talk then yeah. I thinking about travelling to Thailand and was reading on travelwiki that there is a color issue there, but it was mentioned that 'it is okay if you're a western black', but if from Africa then you might experience more racism.
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by spoilt(f): 5:56am On Nov 22, 2009
I see people are still using numerous sign on IDs to agree with themselves. grin from one useless thread to the next measuring irrelevant beauty. You go tire. undecided
Re: Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? by Nwaka77: 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2009
37 pages of junk. I did not even bother to read 99.9% of it. I see that ewu slaveship, anukpam who calls himself KB1/benin/king benin/you name it, was on here too yapping rubbish. This is the reason why I cannot allow my kids to grow up in America. I do not want them having an identity crisis like KB1's wife and most importantly, I don't want them marrying akata either. They need to marry someone who can trace their roots and did not decend from the slaveship. Not like people like KB1 who want to claim Ibo heritage. Who dash monkey banana?! Na so e easy? Na yam? LOL cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply)

The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. / Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival / Different South African Tribes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.