Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,377 members, 7,861,043 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:58 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820008 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:48pm On Nov 23, 2007
no_shaking:

My brotha, na breaking news, live from the floor o!

Yes na breaking news. NA SOMETHING DEM TAKE DEY BREAK NEWS,EITHER INTERNET BASED OR HAMMER BASED.
Which one?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2007
Guys

is there anything i can do about Unity bank and my 200k unit . how long should i wait to get rid of it !

@Ololufemi

if i use different names to buy the IPO/PO , how do i converge them back to become mine ??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2007
no_shaking:

GTB H2 Results Out!

GTB PLC
AUDITED HALF YEAR RESULT FOR THE PERIOD
ENDED AUGUST 30, 2007
2007 2006 %CHANGE
GROSS EARNING N33.006b N22.065b 50
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION N11.020b N7.119b 55
TAXATION (N3.526b) (N2.278b) 55
PROFIT AFTER TAXATION N7.493b N4.841b 55

INTERIM DIVIDEND/SHARE 25K
CLOSURE DATE NOVEMBER 30, 2007
PAYMENT DATE DECEMBER 13, 2007

Was expecting H2 PAT to be around N10b. Anyway, fair result lipsrsealed undecided!

Please gurus in the house, this is not a very bad result but I've been waiting for this to know whether or not to sell some of my GTB to buy some others. What do you think??  I have some of GTB I bought since the IPO in 2004, now I want to start trading. I believe the price isn't going to appreciate much, or what are your thoughts. If I'm to sell now, which shares do you advice i buy, for the short-term. a beg advice.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2007
aktopgun:

GTB'S results are fair but fall short of expectations.
they now have to double efforts to meet their full year forecasts

price will not appreciate much i don't think, with this below expectation results

Agreed! Based on the strength of its H2 results vis-a-vis its current price, GTB is quite expensive now!

With H2 PAT of N7.5b and o/s shares of 13.85b (H2 EPS - 0.54), by the time u annualise this eps, GTB's fair value should be around N27  
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Labo: 12:55pm On Nov 23, 2007
tanx Harrisoft.
I love to make 100% profit within the next 6 months with it.

Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:55pm On Nov 23, 2007
@ tiwantiwa

if i use different names to buy the IPO/PO , how do i converge them back to become mine ??

It simple. I opened a CSCS account for shares with my broker for each of them and had a cross transfer done when the shares was credited to their accounts. I had to settle my two sisters but it wasnt anything compared to how much i made when I sold at N49.00.

You need their assurance and confidence about this. Its like they hold the shares in trust for you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2007
upward:

Please gurus in the house, this is not a very bad result but I've been waiting for this to know whether or not to sell some of my GTB to buy some others. What do you think?? I have some of GTB I bought since the IPO in 2004, now I want to start trading. I believe the price isn't going to appreciate much, or what are your thoughts. If I'm to sell now, which shares do you advice i buy, for the short-term. a beg advice.

Don't do anything to your GTB just yet. Lets see what the price is on the 12th of December.I'll advice you generally hold on till FY end.Keep profits going,only cut on losses.Most Banking stocks are guranteed cash.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2007
Thanks , never know cross transfer is possible that way !

Thanks for the lesson ,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2007
FatherOF2:

Yes na breaking news. NA SOMETHING DEM TAKE DEY BREAK NEWS,EITHER INTERNET BASED OR HAMMER BASED.
Which one?.

Internet based! But out of curiosity, does the 'HOW IT BROKE OUT' really matter for now , the 'koko' is the 'WHEN' & 'WHAT' etc, my brotha!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 1:25pm On Nov 23, 2007
@ tiwantiwa,

Thanks , never know cross transfer is possible that way !

Thanks for the lesson ,

Yes you can and what makes it very simple and easy is that the transactions is within the same stockbroking firm.

Now go on and buy s many as possible offer especilly Zenith.

Remember to settle your people oh when you use their accounts.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2007
no_shaking:

Internet based! But out of curiosity, does the 'HOW IT BROKE OUT' really matter for now , the 'koko' is the 'WHEN' & 'WHAT' etc, my brotha!!!

Its important now.If i know how to fish it,i can get the info whenever YOU TRAVEL.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2007
no_shaking:

You know i'm a short termer.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 1:39pm On Nov 23, 2007
This current gtb result is not fantastic at all.
They have to imrove performance drastically in the final 6 months just to sustain the price at which they are currently trading.
wat's 25k interim dividend for gtb? are we talkin insurance company here or penny stock?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2007
@Fatherof2

I hil you oh. How you dey.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 1:47pm On Nov 23, 2007
@ Fatherof2

I've got this friend who just got a facility of N2 million and he wants to trade short term with it ( 2-3 months).

Got any bright ideas on which stocks to buy for him.

I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:56pm On Nov 23, 2007
Access on the move again fellas, fundamentals not great, so why , oh why??

gained 4.98% again today

well this horse seems to have finally bolted or is about to anyway

me thinks the brothers with this stock are set to clean out or is it all smokescreens and mirrors from AIG?

thoughts, ideas, comments fellas?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2007

gained 4.98% again today

me thinks the brothers with this stock are set to clean out or is it all smokescreens and mirrors from AIG?

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:02pm On Nov 23, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof2

I've got this friend who just got a facility of N2 million and he wants to trade short term with it ( 2-3 months).

Got any bright ideas on which stocks to buy for him.

I would appreciate it.

Thanks

@Ololufemi,

I just dey.Watching closely.
For your friend. My laser beam is currently on FCMB. Year End is April.
So we have May,June,July,August,September,October (6months).  I'm expecting results at least by December.
He can put N1m there.
WAPCO is also good for the next 3months.But let WAPCO fall to about N64 to enter. A suitable time should be just before christmas weekend or a day after boxing day.Some people will be travelling to village then and they may need some money to share for village.Price will be cheap then.He can give WAPCO the other N1m.Besides WAPCO is even due for some BONUS (I suspect).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2007
aktopgun:

gained 4.98% again today

fundamentals not great?
what numbers are u looking at?
the numbers for Access are actually really good, but the result expected should shed mo light
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Etin(f): 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2007
@steeviee

hello guys(easimoni,temmie 10, shigidi, frankiri, wanajo etc)

i have info that universal insurance is doing private placement. could u guys kindly help in confirming
this.

please anyone with any information should please bring it forward.

Just got it sent after so many calls too large to attach here whats your email so I send it to you
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2007
temmie10,

comparing it with the other players in its sector its still really a newby but the young shall grow

i am just a bit concerned cuz my sources tell me AIG is quite aggressively in pursuit of the share price going up no matter how.
for me this is a worry with all the shall we say shady practices of our banking institutions

so do u think that the investors suddenly became savvy to these numbers that have been in the public domain for so long? i doubt it

i smell a rat but maybe i'm just being overly cautious with Access, they definitely have head room to grow
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:22pm On Nov 23, 2007
Temmie10,

have a look at their figures and tell me what you think

http://www.accessbankplc.com/subminor.cfm?id=139

http://www.accessbankplc.com/graphical.cfm?id=140
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 2:24pm On Nov 23, 2007
@aktopgun
your reservations are founded and there are extreme views abt Access in the market. Some think its the next best thing, others say only do short term with Access.
Fundamentally, based on earnings and most ratios, i recommend Access as a buy and in a bull market will be one of the biggest winners.
However i dun own a single unit jus cos i think that for me, there are better alternatives.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2007
@easimoni and others using leadcapital.

Did you notice anything different in the portfolio valuation section, it seems they have beefed it up a bit - something like nigerian securities?

Anyone notice this
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:29pm On Nov 23, 2007
@All those who bought Access at N17.6o last week.Today was your 25% anniversary.But don't run yet oh.Wait for results next week plus.

Welldone
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2007
temmie10

point taken.

i don't own Access for the reasons i stated earlier plus the better options as u said

i does look tasty though!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2007
it does look tasty i have to admit especially short term but not for me just yet i don't think.

will close my eyes to it for now
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:42pm On Nov 23, 2007
@Fatherof2,

Remember how we were castigated about the whole 5% a day, 25% profit, insurance profit taking et all and people were like we were abusing the use of this thread.

I believe the ultimate goal is to share information and help people make profits and earnings legally.

You did well to have advised for purchase of access and I congrtulate those who purchased it on that day.

Congrats.

Thanks a lot for the information, I have sent a mail to my buddy. He also bought access and just sent a thank you message to me.

Guess I'll forward it to you cause you showed the way.

3 gbosa for you

gbosa, gbosa, gbosa
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 2:46pm On Nov 23, 2007
NGC continues to make its climb, another 4.96% gain, wanajo your N28 go soon reach oooooh grin I've both short term and long term intentions with this stock.
Cornerstone is up 4.55%, great I hope my broker sold mine today. Definitely one to watch out for in the next few mths.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2007
FatherOF2:

Don't do anything to your GTB just yet. Lets see what the price is on the 12th of December.I'll advice you generally hold on till FY end.Keep profits going,only cut on losses.Most Banking stocks are guranteed cash.

Thanks fatherOF2, I have about 50,000 now for a short-term run, and I had wanted to add something to it(from GTB sales). since you say I shouldn't sell off yet. Pls what do you think i should do with my little change NOW.I also see that your advice on access has paid off so well, who knows, maybe I'll be giving my testimony after this your advice anticipated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2007
@Fatherof2,

Noticed the movement of First Bank, inching close to full 5% soon.

AP is also doing a rebound, up by almost 5% and crossed N100 . This means people who sold at a high of over 114 and re-entered at 83 would soon be cleaning out very soon and have their cash registers ringing.

What's up with this market. I dont even understand it anymore and I'm scared next year might be a great boom with prices skyrocketing.

Makes me happy though.

Thanks a lot bro. Very grteful for the access tip
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bussyankee(m): 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2007
The market is still bullish in most sector of the market but
the same cannot be said of transcorp, weeks ago when the
price came crashing to below N3.5, my friend and I analysed
that it cannot get any worse, so we decisively plunged into it hoping
to reap buontifully in not too distant future, then came the news
that they gonna gross 4.3trillion in 3years, then we experience
price rally to about N3.9 but events in the last few days have been
so discoraging, just when they did re-launch of M-tel services in Abuja,
we started hearing that that govt is set to review the sale of Nitel/Mtel
to transcorp and if feelers we are getting is anything to believe, Transcorp
is set to lose Nitel/Mtel and we know thatthis is major plank of which they are
basing their earnings. I am thinkin of offloading my stake or drastically reducing
exposure in the conglomerate? or what do you people think.

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: vincentcena22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.