Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,444 members, 7,830,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First (34252 Views)

Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" / Kachikwu Vs Baru: Heavy Security At NNPC Headquarters / Kachikwu Vs Amaechi At Town Hall Meeting In Akwa Ibom (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Tokt: 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
sunnyside16:
N13billion for a land? Are they kidding me? Please somebody has to start explaining what went wrong.

[size=20pt]
Out of which over N12 billion went into Tompolos pocket. Who else but Jonah-daft would have approved such?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
WhiskeyTangoFox:

So because of corruption, development of the Niger Delta should be stagnated? U myt b one of those pple in support of buhari ' s neglect of the nigerian economy and other areas jst to focus on the selective fight against corruption. Is it the majority of the Niger delta pple dat absconded with the 13 billion naira? Y make most of d region suffer cos of the dubiousness of few? U know d agitation coming from the Niger Delta and u still stand behind d lack of diplomacy shown my the dull minister of transport. I bet u'll also agree dat his "INCOMPLETE" monorail project in port harcourt was free of corruption despite the dire need for construction and upgrade of roads in Rivers State. I'm not in support of the Niger Delta Avengers, but they continue to garner support for letting the people know force is the only way to dialogue with the FG. May God continue to bless and augment the wisdom of Kachikwu. He is one of the few bright spots in this dim and gloomy administration.

If you continue the project, the region suffers because of limited funds. If we cancel the project and retrieve the money, we have money for the project.

So Hon. Amaechi’s route is the way to reduce the suffering of the people.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by babadee1(m): 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
AceRoyal:

Who made u spokes person for the Niger Delta?
Are u even from that region?
University that already has buildings on site.
I'm from the South South and I support the establishment of that university.

P.S- Don't quote me if u dnt have something more intelligent to discuss concerning this issue.

You can't quote somebody and then tell them not to quote you. That's bad Internet etiquette my friend.

P.S. Do you also support the selling of the land at the proposed site for 13 billion naira?

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by jkross(m): 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
Actually the land can cost 13billion since its in a community am sure the natives must have been carrying out agro activities on the land....if govt is buying a land that has palm trees on it...they will have to pay for land plus value of palm tree...And what Amechi failed to tell us is the size of the land...and am sure 13billion includes compensation for the host community

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Sleekkilla(m): 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
Carry on Ameachi. Kachukwu is a closet IPOB member.

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by madridsta007(m): 4:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
[quote author=Tokt post=46568456][/quote]

madridsta007:

Calm down with your swearing. I am not a traditionalist- I do not swear. You need to calm down. No one is fighting with you- at least not me. However, I would attempt an answer your questions.

U sound sensible. Will do so with u likewise then.

1. The picture I put up was gotten from the internet. The other pictures I found were the models of the monorail.

Actually there are far more better pictures but u chose this for reasons best known to u. Above all, the truth is for those of us here in Ph, the pictures u presented suggests nothing from what is on ground.

2. You are asking me if the picture is 'the true reflection of what is on ground as at today'- I do not think this is fair. I was clearly attempting to indicate the picture/ state at which Amaechi left it. Did you read what I wrote at all?

Again u are wrong, what Amaechi left wasn't what u showed so pls shut it. By the time he was leaving, 90% of the 1St phase of the project was completed.
Infact what u wrote originally was a bigger lie. U said.....

Attached is the picture of the 'befitting project' Amaechi achieved.

Was anyone hanging when he was leaving? And for the records, amaechi never abandoned it, it was wike who swore not to touch it that abandoned it. Get ur facts right.

3. http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/03/amaechi-and-rivers-monorail-quagmire/ (You will have the figures in this reference).

This is what happens when u allow wike to continue to deceive u. Wike alleges that amaechi spent such, the question sane minds should ask is, could wike be wrong especially considering that he is a political foe.?

www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/08/rivers-monorail-project-no-longer-tenable-after-gulping-n33-9b-says-technical-partner/

Any other questions? I am happy to answer them using logic- and logic only. Of course where I am wrong, I will concede.

LOL.

You will need to calm down. It is clear that you are a pro-Amaechi fellow.

Well, I am not. I don't care about Amaechi, I don't care about Wike. They do not know me so why should I care about them?

1. I lifted pictures which indicated the state of the monorail when Amaechi left it. Of course, you might have a different picture, a different opinion. You did not put it up.
2. I put up figures of how much it had cost. There are other references as well, all of them quite close to what that link was. You said it wasn't- that's fine. Where is an evidence?

Like I said, calm down. You are well within your rights to be a pro-Amaechi fellow, however I do not think you will win any admirers- or Amaechi- if you continue with unnecessary belligerence.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by mousco(m): 4:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
Notin is too much for a project located where the oil n wealth ofNigeria is sited.

Go on with the project Niger Delta Avengers don tell una (FG)

Amaechi dont be an hinderance to 1 good thing in Niger Delta, we deserve more than this university
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by gare(f): 4:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
ogmask:

What are you waiting for to open his file. If you want figures uhave to provide figures. It is you who is disputing the OPs post.
After painting Amaechi black, you guys still could not provide evidence. If pdp could get an injunction in phc against sheriff, they can get a favourable judgement against Amaechi too. Let's play it within the sphere of logic pls.
B4 you reply, remember rule #2.

What did you smoke this afternoon? Please try and get something to clear the smoke in your brain before you reply, you are telling me to remember rule #2 and if I don't remember it what will happen? Please clear your head first.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by gare(f): 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
Tokt:

His file has been opened for more than a yr now in wikes office. He promised to commenced prosecution, the thug is yet to. Could it be that he trully has nothing against him? What is stopping Amaechi's prosecution when he has no immunity? Stop being gullible. Rescue ursef from wikes bullshit.

Please whenever you need to smoke look for high grade, because I wonder want you guys smoke these days
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by gare(f): 4:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The actual cost for Golf Estate Project is N14 billion. It is a massive project.

Cost controller, well done, give us breakdown now since you know all, don't just sit in you BQ and quote on verifiable figures for us, guy you need to focus!!!!
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Reference(m): 4:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
I watched the Kachikwu vs Amaechi video going viral online and I see majority supporting Kachikwu's point. Continuing the project.

I disagree because the Fraud is too much. Hon. Amaechi proved in Rivers State that he can achieve befitting projects when he has the money.

Hon. Amaechi’s point:
"I am not against the University. I hope you people appreciate that. My argument about Okerenkoko is that the land alone is N13 billion. That N13 billion has built the university already so there is no need to spend more money. Let EFCC retrieve the money from them and then release them and we would build the University."

I do not understand what is wrong in this statement. The money is enough to purchase the land and build the University. The point is clear. Continuing with the project means supporting a monumental fraud.

Hon. Kachikwu's point:
“First let me say on Maritime University, I disagree with the minister of transport. Any facility that is placed in the south south, we should work towards developing it. I don’t care the circumstances under which we are placed… It is not my position to determine whether land was valued at N19 billion or N10 billion or N3 billion. The appropriate institutions which are the court systems will determine that."

I do not understand what people are applauding in this statement. Is Hon. Amaechi against the Maritime University? No. Amaechi clearly stated that when he retrieves the money, he will build the University.

Kachikwu said he is not in position to determine the valuation of the land. Please, this is ridiculous. We ars talking of the valuation of the project.

Amaechi is saying that the money is enough to buy the land and build the university. A minister should be able to value a project.

Amaechi was right and I wonder why people is celebrating Kachikwu's point. This is a case of stopping a fraud. Going on with the project is detrimental to the development of the project.

Below are pics of an Hon. Amaechi project which was close to the cost for just the land for this University project. Golf Estate Port-Harcourt.

So what will you say about Amaechi's monorail project, should Wike continue or not because that is a like for like comparison, fraud for fraud because as scandalous as that land costs so is the cost of each pillar, every linear metre of that rail line. Why use Golf Estate when there is a more appropriate comparison, that is if you are not politically biased. Oya, talk.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by AceRoyal: 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
babadee1:

You can't quote somebody and then tell them not to quote you. That's bad Internet etiquette my friend.

P.S. Do you also support the selling of the land at the proposed site for 13 billion naira?

If the evaluation was done by the appropriate authorities before purchase,then it's legal. But if it wasn't then it's wrong and persons involved should be prosecuted.
P.S- Some lands in Lagos and Abuja go for billions of Naira also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by mrsunshine: 4:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
@ OP, golf estate is a private estate and amaechi is just a hypocrite; as a niger deltan, he should make the university a success by renegotiating the contract and not stopping it
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
Reference:

So what will you say about Amaechi's monorail project, should Wike continue or not because that is a like for like comparison, fraud for fraud because as scandalous as that land costs so is the cost of each pillar, every linear metre of that rail line. Why use Golf Estate when there is a more appropriate comparison, that is if you are not politically biased. Oya, talk.

I used Golf Estate because the project value, cost and building in an Oil city. This is about the same amount used in buying land.

I will always support the monorail because when completed, it will ease Highway traffic and it will also be a source of internal generated revenue for the state.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by ricsman(m): 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
samfuntua:

See what it cost Amechi to build Stadium below:
Cost of Amaechi stadium N24 billion = $126,349,252.96
Cost of the whole complex N31 billion = $163,118,513.33
And he is claiming to build University on a swampy land at the cost of N13 billion. WHO IS FOOLING WHO?

http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2013/02/15/amiesimaka-stadium-a-national-asset-%E2%80%93-maku-2/

The governor also explained that the stadium cost N24billion while the entire complex cost the state N31billion and when completed, would create employment opportunity for more Rivers people and Nigerians and help reduce crime in the society.ie the stadium n environ cost 31b...no big deal except the land alone is 13b.

please add the cost of other stadiums in Nigeria or the world and their respective costs.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
mrsunshine:
@ OP, golf estate is a private estate and amaechi is just a hypocrite; as a niger deltan, he should make the university a success by renegotiating the contract and not stopping it

Golf Estate is not a private estate. From the signboard alone, you will see RIVTaf. The RIV stands for Rivers State. There is even a reason why RIV comes before Taf that handled the construction.

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Reference(m): 5:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
You simply cannot fight corruption without social justice. You cannot fight corruption with political bias. If the corruption fight will be this government's only or biggest selling card come the next election then it needs to do the right thing and not just the politically expedient, sentimental and personal things. It needs to make huge sacrifices which it appears unable to make. You claim you are going after 13 billion for land yet have lost 60 billion in lost crude sales to militants as a result of these things and counting. Is that wisdom.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Reference(m): 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I used Golf Estate because the project value, cost and building in an Oil city. This is about the same amount used in buying land.

I will always support the monorail because when completed, it will ease Highway traffic and it will also be a source of internal generated revenue for the state.

And what is more important, a centre of education or a transit line. Does education have a price. But this is not the argument but the fact that everything in the Niger Delta is overpriced and fraught with fraud including all and I mean all Amaechi's projects because we have been on ground when they were done. And believe me I have no problem with the transfer of wealth to the peoples of the Niger Delta whether individuals or communes either by right or wrong means because it has been done by others and it is still being done by others right now. You say that land for that school should not cost 13 billion but what is the value of the oil extracted from that area and how much have the shareholders of Chevron in Houston or Newyork made out of that land to fuel the American economy that building a school has become so evil. Amaechi has a choice, build or not. The people have made theirs and are speaking with the tools they have.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2016
Reference:
You simply cannot fight corruption without social justice. You cannot fight corruption with political bias. If the corruption fight will be this government's only or biggest selling card come the next election then it needs to do the right thing and not just the politically expedient, sentimental and personal things. It needs to make huge sacrifices which it appears unable to make. You claim you are going after 13 billion for land yet have lost 60 billion in lost crude sales to militants as a result of these things and counting. Is that wisdom.

Hon. Amaechi is running his ministry and the Pipeline bombings rest more on the shoulders of Hon. Kachikwu.

Do not make it look as if pursuing the Fraud of the people in Nimasa the same as all the demands of the NDA.

If the Niger Delta people want the University, the contractors should return the money and let Hon. Amaechi build a befitting University for them.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
Reference:

And what is more important, a centre of education or a transit line. Does education have a price.

What are you saying? Is it Gov. Wike handling the Maritime University?
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
Reference:

And what is more important, a centre of education or a transit line. Does education have a price.

When we talk of education, how many politicians in the history of Nigeria have performed like Amaechi in education?

He built Five Hundred top quality schools in Rivers State.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by iswallker(m): 5:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
guilty of not reading previous post...just rushed to comment... wink

i think amaechi made more sense...since he says the University will still be built after the money has been retrieved... wink
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by eph12(m): 5:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
Tokt:

His file has been opened for more than a yr now in wikes office. He promised to commenced prosecution, the thug is yet to. Could it be that he trully has nothing against him? What is stopping Amaechi's prosecution when he has no immunity? Stop being gullible. Rescue ursef from wikes bullshit.
Those flooded streets you posted is that a blot on Wike or Amaechi administration?
Before you answer think of Goodluck and Buhari
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by shellman: 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2016
niceprof:
I have the feeling that Kachikwu will be the first casualty of this clueless regime,he is to vocal for the bulk passer to accomodate.
what Kachikwu advocates is to allow the locusts &vampires of Niger Delta to continue to devour the development of Niger Delta Just imagine a village land costing N13b Nigerians should beam their search light on Kachikwu so as not to produce another Jonathan again whose style of management is wrecking the nation
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Reference(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

When we talk of education, how many politicians in the history of Nigeria have performed like Amaechi in education?

He built Five Hundred top quality schools in Rivers State.

Then he should go ahead and build it and stop looking for excuses. Is he the EFCC chairman. The Lagos-Ibadan expressway is going ahead despite the over-inflation and repititive contract failures dating back to the Obasanjo concession, same with the shady 2nd Niger bridge, the Abuja-Lokoja highway, the refinery repairs, the PHCN privatisation, etc. Which project has Fashola officially cancelled despite the fact all are questionable.

He is too sentimental and petty to be a minister in a complex country such as Nigeria. Ajaokuta is grounded and several other industries because of Yaradua's reversals. What have we gained from that. The plants are rotting away, the refineries should be in private hands now but are still costing us billions without resolution just because if sentiments.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by eph12(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
iswallker:
guilty of not reading previous post...just rushed to comment... wink

i think amaechi made more sense...since he says the University will still be built after the money has been retrieved... wink
Yeah would have made more sense if the retrieval of money can be done as soon as possible.
But someone made an illustration. He said if you give someone money to buy food for your family and the person embezzles it, will you wait until you retrieve that money before buying food or you will get another money for it while you try to retrieve the embezzled one.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by chrischuks78: 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
One thing that differentiates the two opinions is their motives. Honestly amaechi is always on a particular side no matter what. He should let go the past and start work.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
Reference:

Then he should go ahead and build it and stop looking for excuses. Is he the EFCC chairman. The Lagos-Ibadan expressway is going ahead despite the over-inflation and repititive contract failures dating back to the Obasanjo concession, same with the shady 2nd Niger bridge, the Abuja-Lokoja highway, the refinery repairs, the PHCN privatisation, etc. Which project has Fashola officially cancelled despite the fact all are questionable.

He is too sentimental and petty to be a minister in a complex country such as Nigeria. Ajaokuta is grounded and several other industries because of Yaradua's reversals. What have we gained from that. The plants are rotting away, the refineries should be in private hands now but are still costing us billions without resolution just because if sentiments.

Is there any budget for the University? How will Hon. Amaechi go ahead and build it? If he is to build it, he has to recover the money from the fraudulent contractors. To recover the money, he has to cancel the contract and use the EFCC to get it.

That is what Hon. Amaechi said in the video.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Reference(m): 5:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
eph12:

Yeah would have made more sense if the retrieval of money can be done as soon as possible.
But someone made an illustration. He said if you give someone money to buy food for your family and the person embezzles it, will you wait until you retrieve that money before buying food or you will get another money for it while you try to retrieve the embezzled one.

Don't mind them. By the time they get round to doing it, the 13 billion will be lost to inflation, decay and devaluation if at all the money will ever be recovered. These people are just too slow. Even in the battle field there are medics attached to each company. They don't wait for the war to end before treating the wounded or there will be no one left. The past regime continues to trouble and set the pace of this government which is unfortunate but remember the next polls wil be about ACCOMPLISHMENTS not excuses.
A lot was done by Bush to destroy the American economy but Obama had a plan, repair the economy and withdraw from costly wars AT THE SAME TIME. You can repair and recover at the same time.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Ifebazz(m): 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
I watched the Kachikwu vs Amaechi video going viral online and I see majority supporting Kachikwu's point. Continuing the project.

I disagree because the Fraud is too much. Hon. Amaechi proved in Rivers State that he can achieve befitting projects when he has the money.

Hon. Amaechi’s point:
"I am not against the University. I hope you people appreciate that. My argument about Okerenkoko is that the land alone is N13 billion. That N13 billion has built the university already so there is no need to spend more money. Let EFCC retrieve the money from them and then release them and we would build the University."

I do not understand what is wrong in this statement. The money is enough to purchase the land and build the University. The point is clear. Continuing with the project means supporting a monumental fraud.

Hon. Kachikwu's point:
“First let me say on Maritime University, I disagree with the minister of transport. Any facility that is placed in the south south, we should work towards developing it. I don’t care the circumstances under which we are placed… It is not my position to determine whether land was valued at N19 billion or N10 billion or N3 billion. The appropriate institutions which are the court systems will determine that."

I do not understand what people are applauding in this statement. Is Hon. Amaechi against the Maritime University? No. Amaechi clearly stated that when he retrieves the money, he will build the University.

Kachikwu said he is not in position to determine the valuation of the land. Please, this is ridiculous. We ars talking of the valuation of the project.

Amaechi is saying that the money is enough to buy the land and build the university. A minister should be able to value a project.

Amaechi was right and I wonder why people is celebrating Kachikwu's point. This is a case of stopping a fraud. Going on with the project is detrimental to the development of the project.

Below are pics of an Hon. Amaechi project which was close to the cost for just the land for this University project. Golf Estate Port-Harcourt.
The reason why 'people is' applauding Kachikwu is that it will take the EFCC about 5 years to recover the money given our judiciary system and by then, Amaechi would be a former minister of transportation. Capish.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
eph12:

The true analogy is, if you give someone money to go to the market and buy food. If the person squanders it, and that is the only money for food, will you let the person go free.

There is no other appropriated money for the University. The way to build it is by getting the money back from the fraudulent contractors.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ifebazz:

The reason why 'people is' applauding Kachikwu is that it will take the EFCC about 5 years to recover the money given our judiciary system and by then, Amaechi would be a former minister of transportation. Capish.

It was a typo and unfortunately, you can not modify text on the front page.

Are you saying all the money recovered under President Buhari by the EFCC took five years? Definitely not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Osinbajo, Ambode And Ajimobi / Adams Oshiomhole Dancing At APC Rally In Katsina (Photo, Video) / Appoint Tinubu, Chief Of Staff, Group Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.