Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First (34248 Views)

Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" / Kachikwu Vs Baru: Heavy Security At NNPC Headquarters / Kachikwu Vs Amaechi At Town Hall Meeting In Akwa Ibom (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
gare:

Do you know the actual cost of this project you just posted the project, you are so quick to defend Amaechi when you don't even have the facts and figures, we don't need pictures we need figures.

When you get me the figures we can then value the projects and tell if it's worth the cost.

For your information Amaechi left a lot of projects undone with large amount of monies more than the 13billion he shouting about. Amaechi doesn't have the moral justification to come out and call someone a thief because he is one himself, very soon his own case file will be opened

The actual cost for Golf Estate Project is N14 billion. It is a massive project.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Legitbaba(m): 2:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
madridsta007:

Hon. Amaechi proved in Rivers State that he can achieve befitting projects when he has the money.

Yeah... Like the Rivers State Monorail Project which Amaechi Spent over $400 million... And yet still abandoned it at this stage.

Attached is the picture of the 'befitting project' Amaechi achieved.

No mind Alahaji Ameachi....after causing endless traffic for the area with plenty money wasted....him go still get mind come dey shine eye for TV...
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
AceRoyal:
Kachikwu was and is right!
Build it first to appease the Niger Delta and then go after those who the government feels have defrauded them.
Only people devoid of proper reasoning will disagree.

Amaechi wants to remove his nose to spite his face.
He is devoid of proper reasoning on this matter.
Seems Kachikwu isn't a full zombie after all.

When you say build first, is it using the same contractors who siphoned 13 billion for only land or are we using different contractors.

If it is different contractors, we must cancel the project. Simple. So how can we continue and retrieve simultaneously
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
tiwiex:

Nice analogy. We have spent one year retrieving money only. No work done. All businesses are running to saner environments. We still don't know what CBN special window is. CBN sef no know. If they knew, they would have told us. If you know how much the economy is losing to all these indecisions, you will dash Tompolo that 13b naira. We lose 10b a day from the NDA assault. Two days money don cover this loss. I am not encouraging corruption or saying don't recover but a cost-benefit analysis needs to be at the forefront of our thinking. Me sef don tire jare. Still campaigning after election sef.

You guys are talking from two sides of your mouth. 13 billion is gone. There is no allocation in the Budget for the Maritime University.

So please tell me how you want Hon. Amaechi to build the University.

The only way to build this university for now we have scarce resources is by retrieving the money. After that building.

The only way to retrieve the money is by cancelling the project.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by lexyclasy: 3:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
I watched the Kachikwu vs Amaechi video going viral online and I see majority supporting Kachikwu's point. Continuing the project.

I disagree because the Fraud is too much. Hon. Amaechi proved in Rivers State that he can achieve befitting projects when he has the money.

Hon. Amaechi’s point:
"I am not against the University. I hope you people appreciate that. My argument about Okerenkoko is that the land alone is N13 billion. That N13 billion has built the university already so there is no need to spend more money. Let EFCC retrieve the money from them and then release them and we would build the University."

I do not understand what is wrong in this statement. The money is enough to purchase the land and build the University. The point is clear. Continuing with the project means supporting a monumental fraud.

Hon. Kachikwu's point:
“First let me say on Maritime University, I disagree with the minister of transport. Any facility that is placed in the south south, we should work towards developing it. I don’t care the circumstances under which we are placed… It is not my position to determine whether land was valued at N19 billion or N10 billion or N3 billion. The appropriate institutions which are the court systems will determine that."

I do not understand what people are applauding in this statement. Is Hon. Amaechi against the Maritime University? No. Amaechi clearly stated that when he retrieves the money, he will build the University.

Kachikwu said he is not in position to determine the valuation of the land. Please, this is ridiculous. We ars talking of the valuation of the project.

Amaechi is saying that the money is enough to buy the land and build the university. A minister should be able to value a project.

Amaechi was right and I wonder why people is celebrating Kachikwu's point. This is a case of stopping a fraud. Going on with the project is detrimental to the development of the project.

Below are pics of an Hon. Amaechi project which was close to the cost for just the land for this University project. Golf Estate Port-Harcourt.
Why did you bring up this piece of thrash.....let me help you a bit.....the golf estate you are talking about at the end of Odili road round about adjacent o slaughter and abuloma road was financed by first bank ok and resold to interested buyers...is not financed by state fund always verify your claims
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
Frankiss44:

Exactly.. Some zombies will just rush to support Ameachi without thinking..

You that thinks well, explain to me how Amaechi can continue the project when the contractors and their collaborators siphoned the money.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by onetouch04: 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
[quote author=gare post=46564827]

Do you know the actual cost of this project you just posted the project, you are so quick to defend Amaechi when you don't even have the facts and figures, we don't need pictures we need figures.

When you get me the figures we can then value the projects and tell if it's worth the cost.

For your information Amaechi left a lot of projects undone with large amount of monies more than the 13billion he shouting about. Amaechi doesn't have the moral justification to come out and call someone a thief because he is one himself, very soon his own case file will be opened.
Much ado about nothing.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by samfuntua: 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
See what it cost Amechi to build Stadium below:
Cost of Amaechi stadium N24 billion = $126,349,252.96
Cost of the whole complex N31 billion = $163,118,513.33
And he is claiming to build University on a swampy land at the cost of N13 billion. WHO IS FOOLING WHO?
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
lexyclasy:
Why did you bring up this piece of thrash.....let me help you a bit.....the golf estate you are talking about at the end of Odili road round about adjacent o slaughter and abuloma road was financed by first bank ok and resold to interested buyers...is not financed by state fund always verify your claims

Please, go and check what RIV in RIVTaf stands for. That Project caused Rivers State 14 billion naira if you do not know.

I was there during most of the work.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
samfuntua:
See what it cost Amechi to build Stadium below:
Cost of Amaechi stadium N24 billion = $126,349,252.96
Cost of the whole complex N31 billion = $163,118,513.33
And he is claiming to build University on a swampy land at the cost of N13 billion. WHO IS FOOLING WHO?

I guess you do not know that that complex is more than a stadium. It is a sports complex.

It was worth the price. Or you will celebrate if the land of that stadium complex cost 13 billion?

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Frankiss44(m): 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You that thinks well, explain to me how Amaechi can continue the project when the contractors and their collaborators siphoned the money.

You don't stop a project because the money for land was inflated... And to answer your question, how is Nigeria fighting the boko haram war even when 2.5billion dollars was said to be siphoned by dasuki and Co? Maybe they would have suspended the fight against boko haram and try to try to retrieve the money first.... Yeye dey smell

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
gbishman:
My dear nairalanders what the honourable minister of state for petroleum was trying to say which merited an applause was that while the courts determine the fraud that was perpetuated the FG should go ahead to continue the project. Come to look at it its a win win situation Cus by the time the court must have concluded the trail the should have been up and running. Ore-Lagos road awarded countless times fraudulently but that doesn't mean the project should stop. Successive govt came and continued so that posterity would judge and it would on record that this was what was actually spent in repairing the road as against what was initially awarded

Can Kachikwu explain to us how he will continue the project without first cancelling the contract of the fraudulent contractors?

Why continue and go to court to determine instead of cancelling and retrieving the money?
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by NigerDeltan(m): 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
Tokt:

Amaechi remains the best Rivers Governor in her history as regards delivering good world class infrastructure to his people. Only a bastard will disagree but when asked who has surpassed Amaechi, such will go dumb. Even the current governor is cursed. See what his open gutter projects is doing in the city...

Thats our street nigga
We are very happy to even see the road tarred in the first place bro
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by tritt(m): 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
diegwu01:
Anything against Amaechi is greatly celebrated by the Wailers, IPObian Yoots and their Ilks.

The Okerenkoko I know is a village, the 13billion paid for such land made no impact to lives of the people of the community.
the Niger Delta people should be eager to have such massive development project sited in the state
why sell a Plot for such outrageous amount in the first place or something that would benefit your place.
the entire pay ended in one man's pocket.

Wake up oga...can you build a university on a plot of land thats where you guys get it all wrong. Acres of land not a plot of land.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
Thebachelor:

I personally feel that Kachikwu was just being tactful. Amaechi comments were too loose and coming at a time when the FG is trying to dialogue with militants,they could be counterproductive.

What Kachikwu did,on the other hand,was to use wisdom and tact in an attempt to allay any fears or provocation that Amaechi's comments may have arouse. His mentioning of SS was deliberate;to show that this government has the people of that region at heart.

What other tact was needed when Hon. Amaechi stated clearly he wil retrieve the money and build the University. That is what I am pointing out. Retrieving the money does not mean the project will not continue.

First you must stop the scam and then build the University.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Optionalx: 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
13 billion for land, na wa o. When some communities are willing to donate land for free just to bring development to their town.

Nonetheless, that's not good reason to conceal the project. Punished the crooks but don't deny the people of the dividend of governance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by NigerDeltan(m): 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Can Kachikwu explain to us how he will continue the project without first cancelling the contract of the fraudulent contractors?

Why continue and go to court to determine instead of cancelling and retrieving the money?

U go school at all? Jst asking
No offence
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
Frankiss44:

You don't stop a project because the money for land was inflated... And to answer your question, how is Nigeria fighting the boko haram war even when 2.5billion dollars was said to be siphoned by dasuki and Co? Maybe they would have suspended the fight against boko haram and try to try to retrieve the money first.... Yeye dey smell

The money to fight the Boko Haram monsters is appropriated for. Did you see any allocation for Maritime University?

The money for the University was siphoned in the name of building the University. So if the people want a University, the way is by retrieving the money.

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by DonCortino: 3:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
I watched the Kachikwu vs Amaechi video going viral online and I see majority supporting Kachikwu's point. Continuing the project.

I disagree because the Fraud is too much. Hon. Amaechi proved in Rivers State that he can achieve befitting projects when he has the money.

Hon. Amaechi’s point:
"I am not against the University. I hope you people appreciate that. My argument about Okerenkoko is that the land alone is N13 billion. That N13 billion has built the university already so there is no need to spend more money. Let EFCC retrieve the money from them and then release them and we would build the University."

I do not understand what is wrong in this statement. The money is enough to purchase the land and build the University. The point is clear. Continuing with the project means supporting a monumental fraud.

Hon. Kachikwu's point:
“First let me say on Maritime University, I disagree with the minister of transport. Any facility that is placed in the south south, we should work towards developing it. I don’t care the circumstances under which we are placed… It is not my position to determine whether land was valued at N19 billion or N10 billion or N3 billion. The appropriate institutions which are the court systems will determine that."

I do not understand what people are applauding in this statement. Is Hon. Amaechi against the Maritime University? No. Amaechi clearly stated that when he retrieves the money, he will build the University.

Kachikwu said he is not in position to determine the valuation of the land. Please, this is ridiculous. We ars talking of the valuation of the project.

Amaechi is saying that the money is enough to buy the land and build the university. A minister should be able to value a project.

Amaechi was right and I wonder why people is celebrating Kachikwu's point. This is a case of stopping a fraud. Going on with the project is detrimental to the development of the project.

Below are pics of an Hon. Amaechi project which was close to the cost for just the land for this University project. Golf Estate Port-Harcourt.

[size=68pt]Lair[/size]
this is rivtaf's golf estate. a private owned estate not amechi's project.
please make una google rivtaf and see. op is a cronic lair!

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Tokt: 3:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
madridsta007:

Calm down with your swearing. I am not a traditionalist- I do not swear. You need to calm down. No one is fighting with you- at least not me. However, I would attempt an answer your questions.

U sound sensible. Will do so with u likewise then.

1. The picture I put up was gotten from the internet. The other pictures I found were the models of the monorail.

Actually there are far more better pictures but u chose this for reasons best known to u. Above all, the truth is for those of us here in Ph, the pictures u presented suggests nothing from what is on ground.

2. You are asking me if the picture is 'the true reflection of what is on ground as at today'- I do not think this is fair. I was clearly attempting to indicate the picture/ state at which Amaechi left it. Did you read what I wrote at all?

Again u are wrong, what Amaechi left wasn't what u showed so pls shut it. By the time he was leaving, 90% of the 1St phase of the project was completed.
Infact what u wrote originally was a bigger lie. U said.....

Attached is the picture of the 'befitting project' Amaechi achieved.

Was anyone hanging when he was leaving? And for the records, amaechi never abandoned it, it was wike who swore not to touch it that abandoned it. Get ur facts right.

3. http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/03/amaechi-and-rivers-monorail-quagmire/ (You will have the figures in this reference).

This is what happens when u allow wike to continue to deceive u. Wike alleges that amaechi spent such, the question sane minds should ask is, could wike be wrong especially considering that he is a political foe.?

www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/08/rivers-monorail-project-no-longer-tenable-after-gulping-n33-9b-says-technical-partner/

Any other questions? I am happy to answer them using logic- and logic only. Of course where I am wrong, I will concede.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
SWG25:
1. Golf Estate is a private investment not a public one.
2. Amaechi is a disgusting hypocrite. This is the same man that sunk over a 100 billion naira on light rail project when port harcourt was in dire need of good roads and power.
3. The value of the Land is subjective. It is not for you to say whether it is expensive or not. The land owner knows and sets the value of the land.

Golf Estate is a RIVTaf project. The RIV stands for Rivers because there was a major role by Rivers State in the project.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
Frankiss44:

The money to fight the Boko Haram monsters is appropriated for. Did you see any allocation for Maritime University?

The money for the University was siphoned in the name of building the University. So if the people want a University, the way is by retrieving the money.

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Tokt: 3:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
NigerDeltan:

Thats our street nigga
We are very happy to even see the road tarred in the first place bro

Kindly rephrase. U sound confused.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by DonCortino: 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Golf Estate is a RIVTaf project. The RIV stands for Rivers because there was a major role by Rivers State in the project.
rivers state sold d land to them! and did not contribute a kobo to any of the buildings there. stop spreading lies!

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
DonCortino:

[size=68pt]Lair[/size]
this is rivtaf's golf estate. a private owned estate not amechi's project.
please make una google rivtaf and see. op is a cronic lair!

The company that handled the project is Taf. The RIV is because of Amaechi's input. Please Google it. It is a partnership project.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
DonCortino:

rivers state sold d land to them!

Rivers State did not sell the land to them. They secured the land and sponsored it. Most of Taf's input is in technical know how and revenue generation.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by sunnyside16(m): 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
N13billion for a land? Are they kidding me? Please somebody has to start explaining what went wrong.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by DonCortino: 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The company that handled the project is Taf. The RIV is because of Amaechi's input. Please Google it. It is a partnership project.

amechi only sold the land to them! he dint invest a kobo.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by DonCortino: 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
sunnyside16:
N13billion for a land? Are they kidding me? Please somebody has to start explaining what went wrong.
1 and a half plot of land in banana island is worth 1.3 billion naira!

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by jakiedudu(m): 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
You can't move to the next stage of development with both eyes fixed at the back. Ameachi's position is exactly why Nigeria's economy is in shambles. PMB, in his bid to go after alleged looters relagated economic development to the bankground, stopping all ongoing projects to go after looters. Economic policy framework that should have been in place few weeks after assuming power in may last year was non existence. The economy ended up slumbering more and more, worsed off than he met it because of lack of economic policy. Projects that should have been completed last year with moderate expenditure will now have to cost more with rising inflation. Is this a logical appraoch to economic and infrasturctural development?
The above is exatcly what is playing out here. Stoping a big project like the Maritime University just go after alleged fraud stars before embarking on the project is illogical. How quick do they think the issue can be resolved for the project to takes off? Is it not better they begin the project while at the same time set mechanism to recover alleged looted funds? Growth and development are not singular but plural. You dont appraoch developmental issues on one direction, it is simulteanous. Embarking developmental projects on singular approach is nothing but share waste of time. Its important Ameachi understands that time is money and economic conditions changes. The more time he waste on the project, the costlier it becomes.
As far as am concern, Kachukwu is right.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Frankiss44(m): 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Who told you that the money for building the University was siphoned? The issue here is the cost of the land being inflated... And just as the petroleum minister said, if Ameachi isn't picking up the project, his ministry would.. So young man, the only way to get the University isn't by cancelling the project... Because once cancelled, the project is as good as dead... You can keep locking Ameachi's ass for all I care

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Frankiss44(m): 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
jakiedudu:
You can't move to the next stage of development with both eyes fixed at the back. Ameachi's position is exactly why Nigeria's economy is in shambles. PMB, in his bit to go after alleged looters relagated the economy to the bankground and stopped all ongoing projects to go after looters. Economic policy framework that should have been in place few weeks after assuming power in may last year was non existence. The economy ended up slumbering more and more, worsed off than he met it because of lack of economic policy. Projects that should have been completed last year with moderate expenditure will now have to cost more with rising inflation. Is this a logical appraoch to economic and infrasturctural development?
The above is exatcly what is playing out here. Stoping a big project like the Maritime University just go after alleged fraud stars before embarking on the project is illogical. How quick do they think the issue can be resolved for the project to take off? Is it not better they embark on the project while at the same time try resolving issues of fund recovery?
As far as am concern, Kachukwu is right.

You couldn't ha said it better...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dambazzau Was Taking N1b Monthly From Salaries Of Army As COAS- Sahara Reporters / Umahi: Ebonyi People Will Vote Tinubu, Not Peter Obi, Labour Party / 13 Facts About The Late James Ocholi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.