Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,486 members, 7,830,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First (34254 Views)

Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" / Kachikwu Vs Baru: Heavy Security At NNPC Headquarters / Kachikwu Vs Amaechi At Town Hall Meeting In Akwa Ibom (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by opius: 1:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
OnWebTech:
You think you know all colours until Yoruba people start sending you wedding invitation. You'll see something like this:- Royal blue, Acid Green on Fushia Purple with a little touch of Ojuelegba blue. Bride's family to wear Cockroach Brown with Custard Yellow and Groom's family Jollof Yellow with Fufu White, Friends Coconut White with Agama Lizard Head Red, while all other guests should wear Pomo Brown on Alligator Pepper Green with a touch of Onion Purple and Maggi Yellow . You go just Confuse

What is this one saying ? We re discussing serious issue here pls .

Children section is where u belong . BOOM

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Mister2: 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
OP your thought on the project is impressively shallow and wicked, and this is the sort of thinking that triggers unrest in the Niger delta. Why should the project be halted just because some few people allegedly diverted funds?

The maritime institution is meant for the common Nigerian youths and not for the old men that may have diverted funds; it is inappropriate for the common Nigeria youth to continue to pay the price for the misconducts of one or two persons.

Has the president been deprived of his monetary entitlements because the last administration misappropriated funds?

Just as this government is handling issues relating to funds diversion, the maritime funds issue should also be investigated while the project continue.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by luvinhubby(m): 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
Wrong thread by op, i go with Kachikwu.

Why stop & relocate such institution because the land cost was inflated? Moreso that a lot has been invested infrastructure wise on the academy.

Simple solution, finish the academy & commence training in it first, then go after the money & those involved, recover & return the money into govt coffers & still keep the academy running.

Amaechi is wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Princelegacylemoha(m): 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
Yorrobals dey advice Ijaws on what's best for them? You are a clown poster!
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Tokt: 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
ricsman:
Haters will always hate even without reasons to hate.... PDP is still angry....

13billion naira for just land... how much will the structures cost na....

And to even think that it was Tompolo that duped his kinsmen and got close to 12 billion out of this money speaks volume. Fools won't want to focus on this.

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
Meanwhile somebody is busy laughing his/her head off!
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by lereinter(m): 1:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
You see this is what happens when kettle calls pot black.

Nobody will side with ameachi cos he has no moral standing to talk against corruption

People ve not forgotten that.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by gratiaeo(m): 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
Once u stand against the development of South south yoruba people ll support you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Nicur: 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
lol very funny, how ironic, if Ameachi worked like you said so how come this? Wike is only 1year in office! Hahahaha zombies sef

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Tokt: 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
gare:

Do you know the actual cost of this project you just posted the project, you are so quick to defend Amaechi when you don't even have the facts and figures, we don't need pictures we need figures.

When you get me the figures we can then value the projects and tell if it's worth the cost.

For your information Amaechi left a lot of projects undone with large amount of monies more than the 13billion he shouting about. Amaechi doesn't have the moral justification to come out and call someone a thief because he is one himself, very soon his own case file will be opened

His file has been opened for more than a yr now in wikes office. He promised to commenced prosecution, the thug is yet to. Could it be that he trully has nothing against him? What is stopping Amaechi's prosecution when he has no immunity? Stop being gullible. Rescue ursef from wikes bullshit.

5 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
What do You expect from kachukwu who can not even get Us fuel? A man who had the guts to tell Nigerians he wants all corruption cases against the south south ppl squashed, meaning I'm ok with corruption... That is why he said he does not care about why land alone should be N13bn. Another vein in APC carrying that same PDP blood that left Nigeria in the state of mockry and shame for 16yrs. Return the money and have a maritime... You never know amaechi...he will not build ooh.. Until the. Money is returned, then let's see kachukwu will look like at the end of the day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by DLuciano: 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
jamesibor:

And what if he is unable to retrieve the money as is becoming evident now it may not be retrieves?

So if money for the construction of the road leading to your village was looted, you'll advise government to recover the money first before continuing with the project? You are really intelligent.

Or if you gave your food supplier money to supply foodstuffs for the family and she uses the money for her personal affair, will you wait to recover the money from her before providing food for your family?
amaechi is never a friend of Buhari, he is a hypocrite, its high time EFCC investigate all corruption petitions against him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by lereinter(m): 1:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Yorrobals dey advice Ijaws on what's best for them? You are a clown poster!

Does ijaws know what is good for them

Cos if they know millitants will not be their spoke person
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by toma3: 1:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
amaechi is enemy of niger delta

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Hustoto: 1:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
Are you telling me that if 13billion has been expended for purchase of fire arms to fight boko haram and the money was squandered, will you recover the money first before you buy the fire arms to continue the fight or you will buy another set of fire arms and go after the looters later? amaechi should receive sense. he is a disgrace to the executive arm of govt and and disgrace to niger delta

5 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by babadee1(m): 1:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
AceRoyal:
Kachikwu was and is right!
Build it first to appease the Niger Delta and then go after those who the government feels have defrauded them.

Who told you the Niger Delta wants or needs that university? The whole thing was a fraud from top to bottom. Just an opportunity for a few people to steal billions of naira, led by Tompolo. They had no plans to build any university they only wanted to steal.

4 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by breakeven: 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
Amaechi is a fool. He is an enemy of the south. a northerner will never say this kind of thing against his people.Now children of hate will want to sack kachikwu for saying the truth and keep Amaechi their instrument against the south south. its a pity. Amaechi remember you have children . what you are doing is digging their grave.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by vislabraye(m): 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
gare:

Do you know the actual cost of this project you just posted the project, you are so quick to defend Amaechi when you don't even have the facts and figures, we don't need pictures we need figures.

When you get me the figures we can then value the projects and tell if it's worth the cost.

For your information Amaechi left a lot of projects undone with large amount of monies more than the 13billion he shouting about. Amaechi doesn't have the moral justification to come out and call someone a thief because he is one himself, very soon his own case file will be opened

People forget so soon the monorail Amaechi built which is not up tp 1 km but it over $50m. Just go to Ph and see the structure.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Blaizeless: 1:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hmmm, we need facts.

But how did they acquire d land?

Secondly, lands can b sold at any cost depending on the individual or group of individuals that owns it.

On the part of Amaechi, he might be right but I buy Kachukwu idea of development should continue and let EFCC retrieve the money if they feel there is fraud. If we look at the time frame it will take EFCC to get the money back, that is if there is any fraud, then we may likely stay for 10 years plus before they start any development.

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by WhiskeyTangoFox: 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
I watched the Kachikwu vs Amaechi video going viral online and I see majority supporting Kachikwu's point. Continuing the project.

I disagree because the Fraud is too much. Hon. Amaechi proved in Rivers State that he can achieve befitting projects when he has the money.

Hon. Amaechi’s point:
"I am not against the University. I hope you people appreciate that. My argument about Okerenkoko is that the land alone is N13 billion. That N13 billion has built the university already so there is no need to spend more money. Let EFCC retrieve the money from them and then release them and we would build the University."

I do not understand what is wrong in this statement. The money is enough to purchase the land and build the University. The point is clear. Continuing with the project means supporting a monumental fraud.

Hon. Kachikwu's point:
“First let me say on Maritime University, I disagree with the minister of transport. Any facility that is placed in the south south, we should work towards developing it. I don’t care the circumstances under which we are placed… It is not my position to determine whether land was valued at N19 billion or N10 billion or N3 billion. The appropriate institutions which are the court systems will determine that."

I do not understand what people are applauding in this statement. Is Hon. Amaechi against the Maritime University? No. Amaechi clearly stated that when he retrieves the money, he will build the University.

Kachikwu said he is not in position to determine the valuation of the land. Please, this is ridiculous. We ars talking of the valuation of the project.

Amaechi is saying that the money is enough to buy the land and build the university. A minister should be able to value a project.

Amaechi was right and I wonder why people is celebrating Kachikwu's point. This is a case of stopping a fraud. Going on with the project is detrimental to the development of the project.

Below are pics of an Hon. Amaechi project which was close to the cost for just the land for this University project. Golf Estate Port-Harcourt.

So because of corruption, development of the Niger Delta should be stagnated? U myt b one of those pple in support of buhari ' s neglect of the nigerian economy and other areas jst to focus on the selective fight against corruption. Is it the majority of the Niger delta pple dat absconded with the 13 billion naira? Y make most of d region suffer cos of the dubiousness of few? U know d agitation coming from the Niger Delta and u still stand behind d lack of diplomacy shown my the dull minister of transport. I bet u'll also agree dat his "INCOMPLETE" monorail project in port harcourt was free of corruption despite the dire need for construction and upgrade of roads in Rivers State. I'm not in support of the Niger Delta Avengers, but they continue to garner support for letting the people know force is the only way to dialogue with the FG. May God continue to bless and augment the wisdom of Kachikwu. He is one of the few bright spots in this dim and gloomy administration.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by AceRoyal: 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
babadee1:

Who told you the Niger Delta wants or needs that university? The whole thing was a fraud from top to bottom. Just an opportunity for a few people to steal billions of naira, led by Tompolo. They had no plans to build any university they only wanted to steal.

Who made u spokes person for the Niger Delta?
Are u even from that region?
University that already has buildings on site.
I'm from the South South and I support the establishment of that university.

P.S- Don't quote me if u dnt have something more intelligent to discuss concerning this issue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Goke7: 1:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
Op, I understand your points here but I think Kachikwu is trying to be diplomatic here to prevent more pipeline bombings, he is the one on the hot seat more than Amaechi and he is trying to balance out Amaechi's point.

Both Amaechi and Kachikwu means well for the Nation, let's stop allowing the haters of this govt to score cheap political points and make the south south issues more tensed than it is right now. Nigeria must work.

I stand with Nigeria instead of either Amaechi or Kachikwu who are both working for the interests of their beloved nation.

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by 989900E: 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
So, Tompolo duped his people, but Amaechi and Buhari are the scapegoats for trying to right the wrong -- wonderful!

ND, I dey hail o!

It is either Kachikwu just wants peace to discharge his duties effectively, or has something to hide, or he has been severely threatened lately.

My Verdict: Make provisions for the project either this year or next, while hunting down the fraudsters -- you can do both, even if it involves buying another land for the project, for peace and progress sakes.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Mamog(m): 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
its your type that supports PMB's abandonment of governance to pursue treasury looters. look at where we are today.a failed economy.
Can you please tell me:
1. why did PMB not abandon the war on Boko haram till all looted funds by Dasuki and the military top men are retrieved
2. Why did PMB not order the closure of NNPC till all monies supposedly looted by Deziani is recovered
3. Why did the Nigerian not proceed on compulsory leave till Saraki's issue is closed
4. Why did PMB not close NIMASA who paid those monies till those monies are retrieved.
5. why didn't Wike abandon governance in rivers state until Amaechi returns the money he misappropriated on his mono rail project?
now on the issue of maritime university.
6.So because a mechanic swindled you while carrying repairs on your vehicle you will abandon the vehicle with him till returns the peanut he stole from you.
7. why did government not stop oil exportation till all vandals and militants have been arrested..

we are this backward as a nation because people like you support mediocrity because of tribe or party affiliation. the Hon Minister of State for Petroleum asked a simple question ' should we throw away the baby and the bath water' you and Amaechi should answer that question.
what if the land speculators refused to return the money received for the land and are prepared to die will you auction their corpse to retrieve the money?
Please re think .. you are on the wrong side of logic and you are not making any sense at all

TheGoodJoe:
I watched the Kachikwu vs Amaechi video going viral online and I see majority supporting Kachikwu's point. Continuing the project.

I disagree because the Fraud is too much. Hon. Amaechi proved in Rivers State that he can achieve befitting projects when he has the money.

Hon. Amaechi’s point:
"I am not against the University. I hope you people appreciate that. My argument about Okerenkoko is that the land alone is N13 billion. That N13 billion has built the university already so there is no need to spend more money. Let EFCC retrieve the money from them and then release them and we would build the University."

I do not understand what is wrong in this statement. The money is enough to purchase the land and build the University. The point is clear. Continuing with the project means supporting a monumental fraud.

Hon. Kachikwu's point:
“First let me say on Maritime University, I disagree with the minister of transport. Any facility that is placed in the south south, we should work towards developing it. I don’t care the circumstances under which we are placed… It is not my position to determine whether land was valued at N19 billion or N10 billion or N3 billion. The appropriate institutions which are the court systems will determine that."

I do not understand what people are applauding in this statement. Is Hon. Amaechi against the Maritime University? No. Amaechi clearly stated that when he retrieves the money, he will build the University.

Kachikwu said he is not in position to determine the valuation of the land. Please, this is ridiculous. We ars talking of the valuation of the project.

Amaechi is saying that the money is enough to buy the land and build the university. A minister should be able to value a project.

Amaechi was right and I wonder why people is celebrating Kachikwu's point. This is a case of stopping a fraud. Going on with the project is detrimental to the development of the project.

Below are pics of an Hon. Amaechi project which was close to the cost for just the land for this University project. Golf Estate Port-Harcourt.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Tokt: 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
989900E:
[size=22pt]Tompolo duped his people, but Amaechi and Buhari are the scapegoats -- wonderful!

ND I dey hail o![/size]

SHAME
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Vasilias: 1:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
[quote author=TheGoodJoe post=46561961]I watched the Kachikwu vs Amaechi video going viral online and I see majority supporting Kachikwu's point. Continuing the project.

Hon. Amaechi’s point:

Hon. Kachikwu's point:

Below are pics of an Hon. Amaechi project which was close to the cost for just the land for this University project. Golf Estate Port-Harcourt.[/quote. @
TheGoodJoe what Project in Rivers State are you talking about the failed Railway Project where are the billions for that project that never went half way,, have you been to Golf Estate ? have you bren to or been in any of the other supposed Estate ?
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Tokt: 1:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
989900E:
So, Tompolo duped his people, but Amaechi and Buhari are the scapegoats for trying to right the wrong -- wonderful!

ND, I dey hail o!

It is either Kachikwu just wants peace to discharge his duties effectively, or has something to hide, or he has been severely threatened lately.

My Verdict: Make provisions for the project either this year or next, while hunting down the fraudsters.

At this period of scarce resources and dwindling income, that is the least of our problems. We have similar schools right here in Oron and in Kaduna. Come to Oron and see that the school still has the capacity to take in more students. How well have we maximised what we have currently before going for another during this scarcity.
I put it to u that that school was meant to be another white elephant project to be used to siphon money for tompolo and his gang however Jonah-daft loss limited Nigeria loss. He has already pocketed over 12 billion and more was to come.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by omokab: 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
My own point on this is that both of them were saying the same a good thing. Amechi is right on the fact that, the fraud level on the project is too high. While allowing the looters to have as saying on a project like this. Kachukwu on the other hands is looking for a soft landing to allowing him continue his job so that the militant will stop blowing the pipeline and allow the economy to grow. This University issue is one the conditions given to federal government to stop blowing pipelines in the Niger delta. I think the best thing to do Is allowing the university project to go on and continue tracing the fraud so that peace will reign. Then, somebody up there said kachukwu as a minister should know the cost of valuing land, it doesn't work like that bcs he's not a valuer. He dosnt know anything about land valuation. Truely, he may know that the cost is outrageous but is not his duty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by 989900E: 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
Tokt:

At this period of scarce resources and dwindling income, that is the least of our problems. We have similar schools right here in Oron and in Kaduna. Come to Oron and see that the school still has the capacity to take in more students. How well have we maximised what we have currently before going for another during this scarcity.
I put it to u that that school was meant to be another white elephant project to be used to siphon money for tompolo and his gang however Jonah-daft loss limited Nigeria loss. He has already pocketed over 12 billion and more was to come.

You are 100% correct!

However, I have come to realize that the people from some part of Bayelsa and Delta are just like the almajiris, they reason alike. You can't use conventional sense of reason with them . . . if you get what I mean. For peace and progress, just let them wear their plastic crown.

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by MadCow1: 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Hon. Amaechi’s point:

Hon. Kachikwu's point:

You stopped Amaechi's comment short of the point where he said "the Government does not have that type of Money now"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dauda Kahutu Rarara Tackles Buhari In New Song (Photos, Video) / I’m Not Sure Of Another Chance After 2023 General Elections – Tinubu / 13 Facts About The Late James Ocholi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.