Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First (34250 Views)

Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" / Kachikwu Vs Baru: Heavy Security At NNPC Headquarters / Kachikwu Vs Amaechi At Town Hall Meeting In Akwa Ibom (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Reference(m): 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Is there any budget for the University? How will Hon. Amaechi go ahead and build it? If he is to build it, he has to recover the money from the fraudulent contractors. To recover the money, he has to cancel the contract and use the EFCC to get it.

That is what Hon. Amaechi said in the video.

And what did he budget for.....eh. Typical Nigerian governmental style, abandon and start anew. Like I said, Yaradua did plenty of this and at the end what was the result. Thank goodness Fashola is doing better. Let Amaechi build his East West rail line and pray hard to remain in government to see it through or else it will meet with similar fate. He is just a sentimental, petty man.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
Reference:

Don't mind them. By the time they get round to doing it, the 13 billion will be lost to inflation, decay and devaluation if at all the money will ever be recovered. These people are just too slow. Even in the battle field there are medics attached to each company. They don't wait for the war to end before treating the wounded or there will be no one left. The past regime continues to trouble and set the pace of this government which is unfortunate but remember the next polls wil be about ACCOMPLISHMENTS not excuses.
A lot was done by Bush to destroy the American economy but Obama had a plan, repair the economy and withdraw from costly wars AT THE SAME TIME. You can repair and recover at the same time.

President Obama received a lot of criticism after his first year in office. Many publications blasted him. After his tenure people understood his plan.

That is the same thing here. You can not understand the plan until it is done. I was among those who criticised Hon. Amaechi after his first year in Port-Harcourt. He looked confused. Many projects, demolition of structures. Moving of hospitals. Demolition of old school structures, children at home.

After his first tenure, we all applauded him. Even people like me who criticised him.

Judge this government after its first tenure.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
Reference:

And what did he budget for.....eh. Typical Nigerian governmental style, abandon and start anew. Like I said, Yaradua did plenty of this and at the end what was the result. Thank goodness Fashola is doing better. Let Amaechi build his East West rail line and pray hard to remain in government to see it through or else it will meet with similar fate. He is just a sentimental, petty man.

Budget ke. The money for the corrupt contractors said they used the money for the University to buy land. That is the budget for the University diverted.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Reference(m): 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

President Obama received a lot of criticism after his first year in office. Many publications blasted him. After his tenure people understood his plan.

That is the same thing here. You can not understand the plan until it is done. I was among those who criticised Hon. Amaechi after his first year in Port-Harcourt. He looked confused. Many projects, demolition of structures. Moving of hospitals. Demolition of old school structures children at home.

After his first tenure, we all applauded him. Even people like me who criticised him.

Judge this government after its first tenure.

Fashola is continuing with projects. Fayemi went back to Ajaokuta but was locked out by legalities, Amaechi cancels and waits for his first tenure to end. Tell me if he is elected and if he is sure he will be a Minister next week. Abeg, I don't talk like a market woman, I'm done.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by eph12(m): 6:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The true analogy is, if you give someone money to go to the market and buy food. If the person squanders it, and that is the only money for food, will you let the person go free.

There is no other appropriated money for the University. The way to build it is by getting the money back from the fraudulent contractors.
Am not sure anybody said anything about the fraudsters going scot-free. Or was that what Kachukwu was implying? And please don't ever say that's the only money because it's not. Even if it's not budgeted for what's wrong in promising the people that it will be done next year? Is it the work of the citizens to ask those fraudsters to return the money? The federal government is supposed to make arrests and prosecute the criminals and if they can't it's a failure on their part and not the ordinary citizens.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by PoundspassDolla(m): 6:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
Thebachelor:
I go with Kachikwu;continue with the project. That won't stop the government from trying to retrieve the money.
how much do you think it will cost the government to build the University,if buying the land alone cost thirteen billion naira....... And from where will the additional money come from to build the school,when government had said with the economy situation right now,there's no money to carry on the project. Therefore I still think proper evaluation should be done before carrying out the project. My take.......

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
eph12:

Am not sure anybody said anything about the fraudsters going scot-free. Or was that what Kachukwu was implying? And please don't ever say that's the only money because it's not. Even if it's not budgeted for what's wrong in promising the people that it will be done next year? Is it the work of the citizens to ask those fraudsters to return the money? The federal government is supposed to make arrests and prosecute the criminals and if they can't it's a failure on their part and not the ordinary citizens.

The road of arresting and prosecuting reduces by cancelling the contract. Yes the government might have money to pursue this project but it is not Hon. Amaechi's money.

Unless we want him to go through a rigorous process of lobbying and convincing the Federal Government to do the project.

Even if the government agrees to do the project, it will come in phases.

The first phase will still be terminating the contract and pursuing getting the money back.

The second phase will be replanning and awarding the contract to a reputable construction firm.

No matter the steps, it still falls down to cancelling the contract and restarting, which is what Hon. Amaechi proposed in the video.

Kachikwu disagreed that the project should go on.

How will the project go on? Is he saying the same contractors should continue?
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
Reference:

Fashola is continuing with projects. Fayemi went back to Ajaokuta but was locked out by legalities, Amaechi cancels and waits for his first tenure to end. Tell me if he is elected and if he is sure he will be a Minister next week. Abeg, I don't talk like a market woman, I'm done.

Hon. Amaechi did not say wait for his tenure to end. He said retrieve the money and build the University.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by eph12(m): 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The road of arresting and prosecuting reduces by cancelling the contract. Yes the government might have money to pursue this project but it is not Hon. Amaechi's money.

Unless we want him to go through a rigorous process of lobbying and convincing the Federal Government to do the project.

Even if the government agrees to do the project, it will come in phases.

The first phase will still be terminating the contract and pursuing getting the money back.

The second phase will be replanning and awarding the contract to a reputable construction firm.

No matter the steps, it still falls down to cancelling the contract and restarting which is what Hon. Amaechi proposed in the video.

Kachikwu disagreed that the project should go on.

How will the project go on? Is he saying the same contractors should continue?
Even if I say new contractors and all will be brought in you still won't be satisfied. So we can just end the back and forth here. But one thing is certain we can't throw away the child with the bath. Amaechi should just do what he likes as long as he remembers that the ordinary people are supreme.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Jay542(m): 6:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
Thebachelor:
I go with Kachikwu;continue with the project. That won't stop the government from trying to retrieve the money.

where should they get the money from??

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
eph12:

Even if I say new contractors and all will be brought in you still won't be satisfied. So we can just end the back and forth here. But one thing is certain we can't throw away the child with the bath. Amaechi should just do what he likes as long as he remembers that the ordinary people are supreme.

There is a reason why Hon. Amaechi is one of the best performing governors in the history of the Niger Delta, if not the best. He does what is best for the people.

Let us retrieve the money from these crooks. Then we put pressure on Hon. Amaechi to establish a befitting Maritime University in the Niger Delta region.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by eph12(m): 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

There is a reason why Hon. Amaechi is one of the best performing governors in the history of the Niger Delta, if not the best. He does what is best for the people.

Let us retrieve the money from these crooks. Then we put pressure on Hon. Amaechi to establish a befitting Maritime University in the Niger Delta region.
By us you mean? By the way hope you know that there are so many other contracts that were very inflated? I hope say conclusion is drawn in those ones too? Or will you ask me to name them?
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
eph12:

By us you mean? By the way hope you know that there are so many other contracts that were very inflated? I hope say conclusion is drawn in those ones too? Or will you ask me to name them?

This is beyond Inflation. This is pure siphoning. The money gone was enough to build the University.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by mikolo80: 6:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
gare:

Do you know the actual cost of this project you just posted the project, you are so quick to defend Amaechi when you don't even have the facts and figures, we don't need pictures we need figures.

When you get me the figures we can then value the projects and tell if it's worth the cost.

For your information Amaechi left a lot of projects undone with large amount of monies more than the 13billion he shouting about. Amaechi doesn't have the moral justification to come out and call someone a thief because he is one himself, very soon his own case file will be opened

so because we have one thief we must have many many thieves ba

And you want to witness development in your life time
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by eph12(m): 6:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

This is beyond Inflation. This is pure siphoning. The money gone was enough to build the University.
Bros you have point and how you choose to see this. Well we will see how this plays out at the end. I just hope that you're not trying to say if this money can't be retrieved then they should kiss the project good bye. Am not from that region so I don't know how important it is to them.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
eph12:

Bros you have point and how you choose to see this. Well we will see how this plays out at the end. I just hope that you're not trying to say if this money can't be retrieved then they should kiss the project good bye. Am not from that region so I don't know how important it is to them.

A Maritime University is very important because a lot of people in that region work as Mariners. This University will bring more professionalism to that area of work.

I believe we should stand by the cancellation of the contract and get the retrieval of the money going. As soon as the EFCC is on it officially, Governor Amaechi should propose and lobby for the Establishment of a Maritime University in the Niger Delta.

He knows how important this project is in the heart of the Niger Deltans. That will be a plus for this government in the eyes of the people of the region.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by eph12(m): 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

A Maritime University is very important because a lot of people in that region work as Mariners. This University will bring more professionalism to that area of work.

I believe we should stand by the cancellation of the contract and get the retrieval of the money going. As soon as the EFCC is on it officially, Governor Amaechi should propose and lobby for the Establishment of a Maritime University in the Niger Delta.

He knows how important this project is in the heart of the Niger Deltans. That will be a plus for this government in the eyes of the people of the region.
Bros abeg carry your wahala and go. You don dey give me headache already
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by chidozieikeji2: 8:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
Amaechi is talking out of point

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by manmade(m): 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
Amechi or whoever has no right to determine the value the owner of the land attached to it, if I offered my land for 10m and you said the value is 10k, is either you take it or leave it .

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by innosonc7: 8:39pm On Jun 14, 2016
Your head dey there, very correct.

And what if he is unable to retrieve the money as is becoming evident now it may not be retrieved?

So if money for the construction of the road leading to your village was looted, you'll advise government to recover the money first before continuing with the project? You are really intelligent.

Or if you gave your food supplier money to supply foodstuffs for the family and she uses the money for her personal affair, will you wait to recover the money from her before providing food for your family? [/quote]
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Progress2468(m): 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
Because we are fighting corruption and chasing looters we should not do anything again

This is what has killed our economy today, Y not prob the procurement of the land while the project is in progress,

OP YOU LEFT OUT WHERE IBE TALKED ABOUT THE FIXED ASSETS ALREADY INVESTED IN THE PROJECT LIEING WASTE
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by ellovee(m): 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
No one celebrates corruption even the so called PDP wailers of which I am a proud member but the question is, if the process of recovering the money takes 8yrs,the project should remain for that number of years?
A rational and unbiased mind will always take the part of Kachukwu. Continue with the project while the process of recovering the loot is ongoing.
Remember, $2.1b was allegedly looted from the office of the NSA, does it mean that the process of acquiring arms will be suspended until those funds are recovered?
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by gare(f): 9:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
mikolo80:
so because we have one thief we must have many many thieves ba

And you want to witness development in your life time

Who is the thief here? Because Amaechi has not being brought to book does not give him the right to go around branding others as thieves, he is also a thief too.
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Image123(m): 9:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You have done very well with this thread. You can also look up my reply in one other thread pertaining to the same issue. Kachikwu is from Delta state so i understand his phlight. Even if he is against it, he cannot say so. Warri Avengers will just use his family and village palace to do practice. It's a political move by the FG to continue the Maritime University and stop the agitation.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Image123(m): 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
gare:

Who is the thief here? Because Amaechi has not being brought to book does not give him the right to go around branding others as thieves, he is also a thief too.

The Federal Ministry of Transport carried out a probe of the work long before Amaechi was made Minister. It is just the responsible thing to do. The work was covered in scam.
http://thenationonlineng.net/how-nimasa-blew-n17b-on-varsity-land-by-panel/

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by mikolo80: 10:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
gare:

he is a thief. But would you rather have 1 thief or 2 thieves. Sometimes you have to let some small fish go in order to catch bigger fish. And no I'm not talking literally. But it's better for amaechi to steal 100 billion and he stops others than to have hundred thieves steal 2 trillion dollars because we couldn't catch amaechi. Cut your losses and move on. Nobody can retrieve the money that has been stolen using rule of law. Don't be naive
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by igala1(m): 10:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
Is Akwaibom not part of Niger Delta again? Kachikwu is over reaching his boundaries o. If fresh funds must be injected into the project, then sighting it in any of the Niger delta states aint a problem. Kachukwu is only fighting for his state-Delta while Amaechi is fighting for posterity. Kachikwu ought to bring this up at the federal executive council rather than overstep his ministry.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by snochk: 10:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
I wonder how Amaechi functions. Do you mean because of corruption government should halt executing her duties? . Absolutely no. The project must go on while the relevant agencies retrieve the loot. I know most Nigerians are very shallow minded but please just Google the list of richest politicians published by FBI of USA and you will understand what meant when I said I can understand how Amaechi functions. He should return his I'll gotten wealth as well
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by kalaboyama: 10:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
Samtob90:
For you to be a friend of the people in that side, just support anything corrupt related, you are their hero

U re very stupid...... do we look like cattle rearers
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH,!
CAN AMAECHI TELL NIGERIANS HOW MANY BILLIONS HE SPENT BUILDING "DR OBI WALI" CONFERENCE CENTER.?
Re: Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First by Image123(m): 10:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
igala1:
Is Akwaibom not part of Niger Delta again? Kachikwu is over reaching his boundaries o. If fresh funds must be injected into the project, then sighting it in any of the Niger delta states aint a problem. Kachukwu is only fighting for his state-Delta while Amaechi is fighting for posterity. Kachikwu ought to bring this up at the federal executive council rather than overstep his ministry.

Apparently, they're acting film for us, actor and boze. Kachukwu cannot spend money building university that is not approved in budget. They're trying to calm the situation and move forward.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ruga: How Buhari Left Governor Lalong In Public Disgrace – Hon. Kaze / Live Collation Of Adamawa Governorship Results / 13 Facts About The Late James Ocholi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.