Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Delta Igbos - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbos (39552 Views)

I Noticed Delta Igbos Have That Wafi Attitude / Delta Igbos In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbos by Observant: 8:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
naww ikechukwu and ugomba are very passionate about the're heritage and rightfully so.

I can remember the embrassement I faced the day a guy came to my house in lag to sell stuffs to me admist the company of my Yoruba neighbour, I asked him his name and he said Onuwa.

Me: Oh you be igno boyself, nwanne how far?

Onuwa: I am delta-igbo

Me: What the hell is delta igbo? So Me I'm anambra igbo abI?

Onuwa: I am delta-igbo

Me: Get the hell out of my house.

To these igbo peopme working hard to undermine the igbo nation, best believe that what ever befall an igbo man, you will be part and parcel of it.
Asaba massacre is an attestation to that.fact.
Few weeks ago my neighbour brought an akwa-ibom girl ( ibibio) and told me to speak igbo with her.
we both laughed at him and told him we don't understand each other's native language Although the girl understood and spoke fluent igbo language.

4 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Igboid: 8:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
krasican:

Oga no b by force to be Igbo.she has her reason.eccl 9:11. Am from delta but i don't like people calling me Igbo cos a have a genuine reason.everybody has his or her opinion.abeg end d mata

What part of Delta. As I wouldn't be pleased to hear anyone call an Isoko, Urhobo Itsekiri or Ijaw person Igbo.

Igbo is not a merchandise.

Btw we have no problem with anyone calling herself whatever she wants. Our problem is when they seek to speak for the entire Ukwuani people or Anioma people.

Ishilove can be whatever she choose to be, she oversteps her boundary the moment she tries to impose this her identity on all and sundry in Anioma or Ukwuani by pretending to be their spokes person. This is exactly why some Anioma people here are angry with her.

13 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Nomswag: 8:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ikeg48:

I'm ANIOMA you numbnut. Everybody on NL knows I am from Asaba. My fucking family is spread throughout Aniomaland, eclxcluding ika. Why would I want relationship with the likes of you and ishilove when my own BLOOD relatives that are ukwani are FREEBORNS. Myself is a descendant of a FREEBORN. the hell would I want a benin slaves relationship? I dey craze. Don't ever EVER insult me here again.

My attack to the likes of ishilove is her bringing insult to anioma when that shit have reduced entirely on NL. That's my grouse with the b1tch
ur[b]
Ikeg48:

I'm ANIOMA you numbnut. Everybody on NL knows I am from Asaba. My fucking family is spread throughout Aniomaland, eclxcluding ika. Why would I want relationship with the likes of you and ishilove when my own BLOOD relatives that are ukwani are FREEBORNS. Myself is a descendant of a FREEBORN. the hell would I want a benin slaves relationship? I dey craze. Don't ever EVER insult me here again.

My attack to the likes of ishilove is her bringing insult to anioma when that shit have reduced entirely on NL. That's my grouse with the b1tch
ur[/b]
Ikeg48:

wait are u serious "FUCKING FAMILY"?.....who talks lyk dat.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by Abagworo(m): 8:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
Igbos in Delta are found only in Oshimili and Aniocha LGAs with a spill over into Ika and Ndokwa. Ika and Ndokwa will do anything to sabotage Igbo and I have long blacklisted them when it comes to Igbo affairs. All well meaning Igbos should do same.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by ak47mann(m): 8:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
Rocktation:

So people who own houses in the S-west too, are basically all yorubas?

I de find your point with torchlight.
is igbos language a dominated language in Lagos?different is that in asaba,ugwuashi ugwu oshimili is 95% igbos speaking language Yoruba language is an Alien language over there u cannot hear a single Yoruba language cool
Re: Delta Igbos by Nomswag: 8:32pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ugomba:
one of the greatest mistakes a man can make is to deny his ancestors.
You are under a brainwashing. Take a deep breathe, relax. Its psychological.
It touches ur psyche when you hear "IGBO".. Just live ur life, the 1967 civil war indeed did a lot of damage.
bro u are so f*cked up
Re: Delta Igbos by oweniwe(m): 8:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Igbo brag with their intelligence

What is wrong with that?

I don't understand of South South ppl problem with Igbo.... Is it a criMe to be intelligent?

Look at Ngozi Okonjo Iweala... What is wrong with if she is intelligent?

No Wonder Nigeria and the south are being dominated by cattle rearers.

They preferred being dominated by cows, retired semi-literate solders who have cornered half of their oil wells and other dull folks.

Are igbo people preventing other tribes from sending their children to school?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Delta Igbos by ikechu1: 8:41pm On Jun 17, 2016
oweniwe:

What is wrong with that?

I don't understand of South South ppl problem with Igbo.... Is it a criMe to be intelligent?

Look at Ngozi Okonjo Iweala... What is wrong with if she is intelligent?

No Wonder Nigeria and the south are being dominated by cattle rearers.

They preferred being dominated by cows, retired semi-literate solders who have cornered half of their oil wells and other dull folks.

Are igbo people preventing other tribes from sending their children to school?

NOI is a very intelligent woman, I've yet to see any SE igbo that can touch her so don't insult her again. She's neither a denier and she's a princess of ogwashi-uku, so have respect. How would you feel if we start insulting princesses of any SE community. Mind yourself
Re: Delta Igbos by Igboid: 8:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
ikechu1:
Can you guys imagine. They banned me for "bullying a NL member" despite the "NL member" was the one that started the insult.

It goes to show you this thread was started by Seun and his useless mods. .how pathetic. #spits on the floor

Ofcourse, it is obvious. But we must not allow any mis information go unreplied. This is internet age, many young Anioma would one day want to look up the internet for articles on their people, and this thread might pop up.

It's good we tear to shred any misinformation.

4 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Igboid: 8:44pm On Jun 17, 2016
ikechu1:

NOI is a very intelligent woman, I've yet to see any SE igbo that can touch her so don't insult her again. She's neither a denier and she's a princess of ogwashi-uku, so have respect. How would you feel if we start insulting princesses of any SE community. Mind yourself

Oweniwe is from Ukwuani.
Re: Delta Igbos by Observant: 8:44pm On Jun 17, 2016
ikechu1:

Loose the SE/SS and Delta Igbo Tag.

Your are either igbo or you are not simple.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Ugomba(m): 8:45pm On Jun 17, 2016
krasican:

Oga no b by force to be Igbo.she has her reason.eccl 9:11. Am from delta but i don't like people calling me Igbo cos a have a genuine reason.everybody has his or her opinion.abeg end d mata
are you more deltan than me?
I respect people's opinion but detest slowpoke's insult.
My Delta state is not an Igbo state but a multiethnic state with my Anioma recognised by the constitution as an Igbo subgroup.
So mr man, which tribe from Delta state are you from?

4 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Ishilove: 8:46pm On Jun 17, 2016
Igboid:

You have always been like this, you a woman yet you harbour so much hate.

You bring dishonor to proud Igbos of anioma origin with your Igbophobic stance and your use of "we" to project you individual and family sentiments.

Surely, you too must understand why they are angry with you. Because of your actions and words, Anioma gets attacked and ridiculed by Ndiigbo in SE.

You need to change, or at least keep your personal opinions to yourself.
I bring 'dishonour' to 'proud Igbos of Anioma' origin? It is unfortunate I'm indisposed else I would have come out to school all of you.

Mr Man keep your unsolicited opinions to yourself. Good night and please refrain from quoting me
Re: Delta Igbos by krasican(m): 8:49pm On Jun 17, 2016
Igboid:

What part of Delta. As I wouldn't be pleased to hear anyone call an Isoko, Urhobo Itsekiri or Ijaw person Igbo.

Igbo is not a merchandise.

Btw we have no problem with anyone calling herself whatever she wants. Our problem is when they seek to speak for the entire Ukwuani people or Anioma people.

Ishilove can be whatever she choose to be, she oversteps her boundary the moment she tries to impose this her identity on all and sundry in Anioma or Ukwuani by pretending to be their spokes person. This is exactly why some Anioma people here are angry with her.

Am from ika but i can't say everybody from Ika detest being called igbo.in my family generally dey won't allow their children especially d female to marry from Igbo cos of d experience dey had.and i have witnessed some cases so i don blame her if she says she is not igbo but she should not speak for others
Re: Delta Igbos by meccuno: 8:52pm On Jun 17, 2016
Igboid:

Ikwerres took that joke too far. Their Igbo denial degenerated rapidly to Igbophobia.

I only pity the Proud Igbo ones amongst them. They will need to start asserting themselves more, online and offline.

They can start by forming a forum where real research on Origin story of Ikwerre towns are discussed and the Bini joke promoted by Relechi Ramadi and his co travellers eviscerated.
am Feeling you.......but that "Relechi Ramadi" is wicked bro!! grin

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by oweniwe(m): 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
Igboid:

And by the way, Ukwuaniland is rich in Hydrocarbon and they have the biggest land mass in Anioma area, their land is fertile too. So yes, they have alot to bring to the table.

Lack of traveling is the reason for the ignorance.

A lot of ukwani people don't know igbo and ukwani are same because they only travel west... They don't know what enugu, imo, awka are like.

I was surprised to learn there are communities in enugu that share same name with ukwani communities ... There's Abor, Abbi, Onicha and oda names i cant remember are same in both ukwani and enugu.

The local dialet is the same.

But because they don't travel east, they don't know.

Ukwani ppl who deny igbo more vehemently are those whose surname have hints of benin in it... Such as Osakwe, Osakuni, Egba, Ojo.... According to them, since they dont bear igbo surname, then they aren't igbo.

There's also the inferiority complex... Most ukwani ppl feel inferior in the midst of other igbo speaking people .... Mostly cos of their low Education level.

Anyway .... It's not by force to bear igbo... If some ppl don't want to be identified with igbo, it's their choice

4 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Ishilove: 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
krasican:

Am from ika but i can't say everybody from Ika detest being called igbo.in my family generally dey won't allow their children especially d female to marry from Igbo cos of d experience dey had.and i have witnessed some cases so i don blame her if she says she is not igbo but she should not speak for others
I speak for all those I have interacted with all my life, and I have NEVER met an Ukwuani person who identified as Igbo. It is on Nairaland I'm seeing some faceless people claiming to be 'proud Ukwuani Igbo' or whatever.

When these idiotic bigots cannot sway people to see things from their narrow perspective, they resort to insults, intimidation and bullying. But that rubbish can't and will never work with me

If you read the first and second post I made on this thread, you will see what I think about this issue of identity crisis among the people of the western Niger Delta. However, these empty headed cretins think with their fingers, rather than their brains.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by krasican(m): 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ugomba:
My Delta state is not an Igbo state but a multiethnic state with my Anioma recognised by the constitution as an Igbo subgroup.

Am not against u saying are Igbo no.am from Ika nd i prefer it dat way
Re: Delta Igbos by krasican(m): 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ugomba:

Am not against u saying u are Igbo no.am from Ika nd i prefer it dat way
Re: Delta Igbos by ikechu1: 8:56pm On Jun 17, 2016
Observant:

Loose the SE/SS and Delta Igbo Tag.

Your are either igbo or you are not simple.

Being called Delta igbo does not mean you are not Igbo...Like I call myself delta igbo but everyone knows I'm a proud igbo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Igbos by Goldmaxx(f): 8:57pm On Jun 17, 2016
cyril10:
I am Igbo man from Delta, Oshimili North to be precise. What is Oshimili in Ibo is not river, so I wonder why some of my people deny they are Ibos when they have names like Oliseh, Chukwudi, Emeka.

My surname is Igbo, my children have Ibo names, so I am proudly Igbo, even though some Igbos doesn't see us as part of them.
hey bro am also from oshililli north, and am igbo to d core

3 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by krasican(m): 9:00pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ishilove:

I speak for all those I have interacted with all my life, and I have NEVER met an Ukwuani person who identified as Igbo. It is on Nairaland I'm seeing some faceless people claiming to be 'proud Ukwuani Igbo' or whatever.

U are right to some extent cos i schooled in abk nd I stayed in obiaruku den dey detest being called Igbo.even in Benin i stay most times dey don't call us igbo
Re: Delta Igbos by Goldmaxx(f): 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ishilove:

Unless we choose to live in denial, the igbo speaking part of Delta may be termed 'Igbos of Delta'. Our languages are dialects of the larger Igbo language and we may be grouped as 'sub ethnic' groups of the Igbo.

That doesn't mean I'm identifying with the Igbos. Heck no. Proudly Ukwuani grin
but am igbo from oshimilli north

3 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by ikechu1: 9:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
Igboid:

Ofcourse, it is obvious. But we must not allow any mis information go unreplied. This is internet age, many young Anioma would one day want to look up the internet for articles on their people, and this thread might pop up.

It's good we tear to shred any misinformation.

I stopped caring what any denier write, speak or announce. I learned at a very young age that majority of them are attention seekers so I don't give that attention they seek. My only problem with them is whenever they form spokesperson and in terms, everyone of us gets dragged under the bus with the likes...that's what usually pisses me off

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Igbos by Ugomba(m): 9:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
krasican:

Am not against u saying u are Igbo no.am from Ika nd i prefer it dat way
I respect your choice, the same way i expect you to respect my Proud Igboness as an Ogwashi Ukwu man.
I pity these "DENIALS". Everyday their population is going down, the few pathetic ones remaining are being sapped of energy when exhibiting their stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by ikechu1: 9:08pm On Jun 17, 2016
Igboid:

Oweniwe is from Ukwuani.

Oh I thought he was insulting NOI.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by Igboid: 9:08pm On Jun 17, 2016
krasican:

Fair enough. Atleast you are intelligent and wise enough to not sttart making generalized statements.

On the marriage stuff, it's same even in SE, some towns would prefer marrying only from amongst themselves, for example the Ohafia and Abriba of Abia state are known for that, they hardly give their daughters away to any other non Ohafia/ Abriba clan.

And the ancient Igbos said: Uzo di nma, aga ya ugboro ibuo ( If a road is good, it will be passed through twice).
Families in SE that had bad experiences giving their daughters out to a particular Igbo clan or marrying a lady from a particular Igbo clan usually make it as a policy never to marry from that particular clan.

Ikas are just ignorant of the different clans in SE, so would obviously classify all Igbos as one, once they have a problem with marrying from SE.
The Aniochas and Oshimilis seem to understand the Igbo clan divisions in SE due to the fact they have come to have most of us live amongst them in large numbers, this is responsible for their better understanding of the nature of Igbo nation than the rest of the Anioma groups and inturn the ease of their acceptance of the Igbo tag.

The average Ika and Ukwuani knows next to nothing about the complexity of the Igbo clans in SE. They see SE as one big monolithic area, the Oshimilis and Aniocha know better.

6 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by krasican(m): 9:12pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ugomba:
I respect your choice, the same way i expect you to respect my Proud Igboness as an Ogwashi Ukwu man.
I pity these "DENIALS". Everyday their population is going down, the few pathetic ones remaining are being sapped of energy when exhibiting their stupidity.

Why are u still bitter.I respect ur position. But ur last statement i no gbadu am at all u don pass dis level
Re: Delta Igbos by Igboid: 9:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
meccuno:
am Feeling you.......but that "Relechi Ramadi" is wicked bro!! grin

My brother, naso we see am o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland / The "Mazi" Title In Igbo Society / Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.